Thread: World Of Fire Report: 11-30-01
12-04-2001, 09:50 PM #1
World Of Fire Report: 11-30-01
*** America's Fire Paging Notification Network ***
Local & National reports from pager notification networks around the U.S.
(All times are in Central Standard Time unless otherwise indicated)
Friday, November 30, 2001
· STLFN: UNIVERSITY CITY (LOUIS Co.) MO: University City FD has a *1st Alarm* house fire at 6832 Julian. No description given but additional equipment has been dispatched. [STL819] 12:24a.m.
· IRVINGTON (ESSEX Co.), NJ: 2nd Alarm on arrival by D/C 2 @ 127 22nd St. Fully involved vacant building on arrival as per ENG-44. [EAN318 /EAN305]. 12:30a.m.
· Update - IRVINGTON (ESSEX Co.), NJ: 2nd Alarm on arrival by DC 2 @ 127 22nd St. Fully involved wood frame with extension to a vacant & occupied frames. [EAN318 / EAN305]. 12:35a.m.
· IRVINGTON (ESSEX Co.), NJ: 2nd Alarm(+) at 137 22nd St. 3-story wood frame vacant building fully involved with extension to 2 additional vacant & occupied frame buildings. Truck Company opening the roofs. Heavy fire being knocked down. Special Call for Arson. [EAN318/44/3305 EAN305]. 12:52a.m.
· BRONX, NY: All-Hands – Box 2716 @ 169 St. & Merriam Ave. 6-story brick “H” type occupied multiple dwelling. Fire #3 floor “A” wing. (30 minutes in the past). [EAN2]. 1:19a.m.
· BABYLON (SUFFOLK Co.), NY: working fire next to #176 Livingston St. x Beverly Rd. Fire in an occupied private dwelling. Re-tone for manpower. [MNS 74]. 1:31a.m.
· Update BABYLON, NY: Working fire next to 176 Livingston Ave x Beverly Rd. 1 line stretched operating. Searches negative. Signal 4 (under control) transmitted by Chief 1-2-30. [MNS 74]. 1:51a.m.
· STLFN: ST.LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a *1st Alarm* for a fire in a building at Clara and Page b/o Pumper 13. PUMPERS 13, 30, 28, 24, HL-15, BC 805 & 806, SQUAD 2. BC805 now reports a 2 story brick with smoke showing 1 line off. [STL819]. 2:19a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update on STLFD's 1st Alarm at Clara and Page. BC 805 reports fire in the basement of a 2-story brick 2 lines off. [STL819]. 2:22a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update on STLFD's 1st Alarm at 1323 Clara. BC805 now reports 3 lines off and requests utilities. [STL 819]. 2:32a.m.
· STLFN: ST.LOUIS, MO: U/D on STLFD's 1st Alarm at 1323 Clara. BC 805 reports all Companies are working inside the building at the 1st 20minute MARC. [STL 819]. 2:46a.m.
· CAMDEN (CAMDEN Co.), NJ: **2ND-ALARM** 703 Line St. Heavy fire in a 2 story end of row. Fire 1 and 2 floors extending into B exposure. [EAN 3305]. 3:55a.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: 75-0234 at Rodney St. near South 9th St. BC35 reports fire in a 3-story brick 20x50 building. Fire in the basement & 1st floor. S/C for an additional Engine & Truck. DWH. [MNS-62]. 5:32a.m.
· Update- BROOKLYN, NY: All Hands Box 234, correct location was 280 Rodney St. Fire was in the basement of a 2-story brick 20x40 private dwelling. Extra Engine & Truck were special called. [EAN700/EAN100]. 6:30a.m.
· WILLINGBORO (BURLINGTON Co.), NJ: *Working fire* 1 Chaliford Lane. County Club Park Section. Fire in attached garage. Minor extension to attic. Fire now under control. [EAN 16/3305/EAN633]. 7:27a.m.
· Overnight – KANSAS CITY, MO: Working fire @ 2418 Cleveland x 24th St. 2-story frame house fully involved. 2 Code Blacks. (0500hrs). [KCFN-02*]. 7:29a.m.
· Working fire – PLYMOUTH, MA: 755 State Road. Structure fire. [TAC9-C461]. 7:43a.m.
· MFN: HOWARD Co., MD: Dwelling fire at 5764 Main Street. (Elkridge). Command reporting a 2-story single family dwelling with fire showing from the attic. M/A from Anne Arundel County. [MFN-1]. 10:04a.m.
· STLFN: JEFFERSON Co., MO: Springdale FPD *1st Alarm* fire at 124 Orange x Romaine Creek Rd. Mobile home is fully involved. [STL810]. 10:20a.m.
· SANTA BARBARA, CA: Santa Barbara Co. FD (0338hrs PST) – 6651 Picasso Rd. x Camino Pescadero. Apartment fire with 2 DOA and 2 critical victims. [FIREPAGE ® SB-1/LA-R1]. 10:22a.m.
· STLFN: JEFFERSON Co., MO: Update – Springdale FPD’s *1st Alarm* @ 124 Orange Dr. – Fully involved mobile home. At least two line son the fire and a 5” Supply line laid. Move-up has been made. [STL810]. 10:25a.m.
· STLFN: JEFFERSON Co., MO: Update – Springdale FPD’s *1st Alarm* @ 124 Orange Dr. Fully involved Mobile home. Now getting unconfirmed report of person trapped inside. [STL810]. 10:31a.m.
· STLFN: JEFFERSON Co., MO: Update – Springdale FPD’s *1st Alarm* @ 124 Orange Dr. Mobile home – fully involved. S/C for ARCH-4 Helicopter. State Fire Marshal is now being notified. [STL810]. 10:39a.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: Working fire – Box 47 at 1205 Manhattan Ave. Fire 2nd floor of a Factory. [MNS-30]. 10:43a.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: 10-75 – Box47 at Manhattan Ave & Commercial St. Explosion & fire on 2nd floor of a Commercial building. Report to be a wood shop. [MNS119]. 10:43a.m.
· Update – BROOKLYN, NY: Working fire – Box 47 at 1205 Manhattan Ave near Commercial St. A Factory. L146 FAST, 1 10-45 Code 3. BN-45. [MNS-119/30]. 10:46a.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: *2nd Alarm* 1205 Manhattan Ave. Possible gas exposion with collapse and injuries. [EAN700]. 10:46a.m.
· Update – BROOKLYN, NY: *2nd Alarm* 1205 Manhattan Ave. x Commercial. Gas heater explosion with collapse and at least 2 injuries. 2nd floor of a Factory. Request utilities on a RUSH. [EAN700]. 10:48a.m.
· Update – BROOKLYN, NY: *2nd Alarm* Box 47 at 1205 Manhattan Ave. 6-story brick 450x450 Factory. Explosion 2nd floor with fire. (3) 10-45 Code 3’s. Possible gas explosion. [MNS-119/30*]. 10:55a.m.
· Update – BROOKLYN, NY: *2nd Alarm* Box 47 at 1205 Manhattan Ave. 6-story brick Factory. Explosion 2nd floor. BN-8 SAFETY COR. BN-28 COM CORD. [MNS-119/30*]. 10:57a.m.
· MIDDLETOWN (MONMOUTH Co.), NJ: *Working fire* 32 Crest Dr. Car fire with extension to dwelling. Request Twp. Fire Marshal to scene. Fire placed under control. [EAN633/EAN100]. 11:11a.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: 75-591 at 20th St. x 7th /8th Aves. Basement fire in a 4-story brick 25x40 occupied multiple dwelling. [MNS-30*IAP]. 11:17a.m.
· STLFN: SHREWSBURY (ST. LOUIS Co.), MO: Shrewsbury FD has a working fire at 5321 Shackleford Lane. Pumper 1814 reported heavy smoke showing on arrival. PUMPERS: 1814, 2024, 3110, 1124 & St. Louis Pumper 31. [STL819]. 11:26a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD *1st Alarm* fire at 4269 St. Louis Ave. Heavy smoke & fire showing on arrival. [STL899/810]. 1:11p.m.
· MFN: BALTIMORE, MD: *Working Fire Dispatch* sounded on the dwelling fire at Oakliegh Ave & Pimlico Rd. (Box 29-12). Command reporting fire showing. Initial BC involved in a Departmental MVA and was replaced. [MFN-1]. 1:13p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update – STLFD’s *1st Alarm* fire @ 4269 St. Louis Ave. Heavy smoke & fire showing on arrival. BC806 reports fire extended into the exposure building. Both fires are under control. [STL810]. 1:13p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update – STLFD’s *1st Alarm* fire @ 4269 St. Louis Ave. By orders of BC806 – Strike out the 1st Alarm. Companies will be overhauling. [STL810]. 1:16p.m.
· BALTIMORE, MD: (29-12) *Working fire* Dwelling at Oakley Ave & Pimlico Rd. (Pimlico – Northwest Baltimore). Have a 2-story mid-group row with fire showing 1st & 2nd floors. Working Fire Dispatch en-route. [DC/BME/E*23]. 1:18p.m.
· BALTIMORE, MD: Departmental PIA @ Jones Falls Expressway (I-83) ramp to Wesbound Cold Spring Lane. (Northwest Baltimore). BC-5 involved while en-route to Box#29-12 working fire. Reported no other vehicles involved. [DC/BMD/E*23]. 1:26p.m.
· SAN JUAN (ORANGE Co.), CA: 3rd Alarm fire at 31741 Rancho Viejo Rd. Commercial building. Request multiple Ambulances. [MNS-490]. 1:46p.m.
· QUEENS, NY: 75-4400: Prince St. & Roosevelt Ave. Fire #2 floor of a Commercial building. All Hands on arrival by BN-52. [MNS274]. 2:23p.m.
· Working fire – AUBURN, MA: Midstate Drive. MSP CPAC Office. Request for extensive M/A. [TAC9-C612]. 2:25p.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: 75-4400: 135-50 Roosevelt Ave. at Prince Street. 2-story brick Commercial building 70x100. Fire #1 floor. S/C Engine & Truck. Visible fire knocked down. 1 handline in operation. Sprinklers in operation. DWH. [MNS274]. 2:31p.m.
· STLFN: EDWARDSVILLE (MADISON Co.), IL: Edwardsville FD on scene of a house fire @ 836 Ruskin Ave. Glen Carbon FD responding M/A with Pumper & manpower. [STL 835]. 2:40p.m.
· NEW ORLEANS, LA: **3rd Alarm** 1912 Whitney Ave. “Murray Henderson School.” 1-story classroom building. Children evacuated & safe. [NOLA]. 3:22p.m.
· Haz-Mat: NATICK, MA: 34 Main Street. Unknown white powder. I/C requests limited Level 1 Haz-Mat response. [TAC9-C20]. 3:22p.m.
· Update: Haz-Mat – NATICK, MA: Correct address is 235 West Central Street at the Better Business Bureau. Unknown white substance found in a envelope. Tier-1 Hazmat Team response en-route with OSU Truck en-route from Easton to scene. C768 [TAC9-C20]. 3:36p.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: Still & Box Alarm @ 508 N. LeClaire b/o 2-1-5. No size-up as of yet. [CHGO-7]. 3:51p.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: Still & Box Alarm at 6718 S. Lafayette b/o BATT 18. Truck 20 requesting a Ladder to the rear immediately. [CHGO-7/15/23]. 3:52p.m.
· Update – CHICAGO, IL: on BATT 13’s Still & Box Alarm @ 508 LeClaire. 2-story frame with heavy fire on 1 & 2 floors. Tower 14 & 2 handlines working. [CHGO-7/15]. 3:52p.m.
· Update – CHICAGO, IL: on BATT 18’s Still & Box Alarm @ 6718 S. Lafayette. 2.5-story frame 30x50 with fire though out. 4 lines working and Companies have made good progress. [CHGO-7/15/23]. 3:52p.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: Still & Box Alarm @ 508 N. LeClaire has been struck out b/o 2-2-4. There was communications to 504 N. LeClaire, a 2-story frame 25x50. 4 lines in use. Companies overhauling. [CHGO-7]. 4:05p.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: Update - Still & Box Alarm @ 6718 S. Lafayette – Struck out b/o 2-2-5. [CHGO-7/15+/23+]. 4:08p.m.
· LAWRENCE, IN: 6809 E. 48th St. 1-story residence (1) civilian fire fatality. [INDY-12]. 4:11p.m.
· General Alarm – AUBURN, MA: 27 Midstate Drive. Fire through the roof of a 2-story Commercial building 400x100. Request for Strike Teams. DFS ISU on the way. C768 [TAC9-C612]. 4:32p.m.
· MFN: ANNE ARUNDEL Co., MD: Dwelling fire at 207 West Hilltop Rd. (Brooklyn Park). Command request fill the Box for a working basement fire. Now reported knocked down. MFN13 [MFN-1]. 6:52p.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: 75-855 at 745 7th Ave. near 49th St. 33-story 200x200 Hi-Rise under construction. S/C L35. Fire on the 21st floor. BN-9. [MNS-30]. 7:15p.m.
· MFN: BALTIMORE, MD: Dwelling fire at 1207 Anglesea St. (Box Alarm 50-7). T-20 requests “rest of Assignment.” [MFN-4]. 7:16p.m.
· MFN-Update: BALTIMORE, MD: Occupied dwelling at 1207 Anglesea St. (Box Alarm 50-7). BC-1 reporting basement fire contained. Crews ventilating premises. Request Air Cascade and FIB. [MFN-4]. 7:22p.m.
· CENTRAL ISLIP (SUFFOLK Co.), NY: Working fire in a construction trailer on the grounds of Computer Associates, Express Drive South x Bedford Ave. [MNS 197]. 8:44p.m.
· STLFN: COTTAGE HILLS (MADISON Co.), IL: Cottage Hills FD on scene of a house fire @ 1300 14th St. Bethalto FD responding M/A. Fire is believed to be in the attic. [STL 835]. 9:08p.m.
· Working fire – FARMINGTON, NH: 48 Lancelot Shores Road. Reported fireplace fire with extension to an occupied structure – well involved. C603 [TAC9-C302]. 9:09p.m.
· HOWARD Co., MD: *Working fire* in a dwelling next to 8053 Red Jacket Way. (Co.#6 – Savage VFC). Chief-6C reports a working fire. Mutual Aid Prince George’s County. 2nd Paramedic Unit requested. [DC/BMD/E*23]. 9:57p.m.
· Update – HOWARD Co., MD: Working fire/Medevac – dwelling next to 8053 Red Jacket Way. Have 1 room involved & 1 civilian with smoke inhalation. Medevac & 2nd ALS Unit requested. Trooper-2 & Fire Marshal en-route. Fire knocked down. [DC/BMD/E*23]. 10:07p.m.
*** REPORT FROM THE LINE OF FIRE ***
Hartford Citywide Radio Association Incident Log
Charlton, MA /2nd Alarm on arrival/ Putnam Rd a dwelling well involved NFI 04:53
Manchester, CT /10-31/ Sheldon St 2 cars (1) 10-45 Code 1 (fatal) 08:20
Auburn, MA /10-75/ 27 Midstate Dr a comm bldg fire in the walls 12:02
Vernon, CT /10-31/ Rt30 and Dobson Rd 2 cars NFI 16:08
Waterbury, CT /10-31/ Peach Orchard Rd and East Fountain Rd 2 cars broadside NFI 22:05
Bridgeport, CT /10-31/ Island Brook Rd 2 cars 1 pinned 08:03
Auburn, MA /General Alarm/ 27 Mid State Dr 2brk comm bldg 15:20
Springfield, MA /10-75/ 69 High St 2.5wdfr fire 2nd flr 15:31
Hartford, CT /10-75/ 93 Blue Hills Ave 3wdfr fire 3rd flr 16:44
Granby, CT /10-31/10-43 req/ 525 Salmon Brook St truck vs bicycle 19:37
Eastford, CT /10-31/10-43 req/ Eastford Rd near Woodstock town line a rollover 20:44
HCRA Website: http://www.hartfordcitywide.com
HCRA Email: email@example.com
LOS ANGELES, CA:
GREATER ALARM STRUCTURE FIRE
On Friday, November 30, 2001 at 0259 hours nine companies of Firefighters, two Battalion Command Teams and two Rescue Ambulances under the command of Assistant Chief Tim Manning responded to a greater alarm structure fire at 4355 W. Adams Boulevard in the Crenshaw area. First units on scene reported a one-story commercial building with smoke showing from a 50’ x 30’ unit of a three-unit occupancy with a common attic. Firefighters using handlines confined the fire to the sign painting business and extinguished the fire in twenty-six minutes. No injuries were reported. The cause has been determined to be combustibles too close to a heat source. The loss is estimated at $85,000. ($75,000 to structure and $10,000 to contents).
REPORT PREPARED BY :
Public Service Officer
Brooklyn, N. Y. 11/30/01 @ 11:45 hrs.
Location: Manhatten Ave. & Commercial St.
45 @ 11:40
Engs. 238, 258, 212
Lads. 106, 115
10 - 75 - 45 @ 11:44
Ladder 146 is designated as the "FAST" Truck
Rescue Co. #4
All - Hands:
7 - 5 - 45 - @ 11:47
Squad Co. #1
Batt. 45 reports, Using all - hands, fire located on the 2nd. floor.
We have ( 1 ) 10 - 45 at this time, no - code.
Transmitt a 2nd. Alarm.
2 - 2 - 45 @ 11:47
Engs. 259, 261, 221, 206
Batt. 8 "Safety Cord."
Batt. 28 "Comm. Cord."
Eng. 207 / Satalite 6
Tac. Support #1
Car 4 "Robert" City Wide Tour Commander
6 Story Brick 450 x 450
8 Interconnected Bldgs in a
triangular shape group.
Batt. 45: Now have a total of ( 3 ) 10 - 45's all are Code 3's
Have a Gas Heater Explosion on the 2nd. floor with fire.
Have a collaspe of the 2nd. floor area in the bldg.
Have KeySpan respond, and shut off the gas to the bldg.
On the report of the collaspe: Rescue Co. #3 is special called.
Rescue Co. #3 is F.D.N.Y.'s collaspe unit.
Batt. 28: Have 1 - line stretched & operating.
All visible fire has been knocked down.
Primary searches are underway. Probably Will Hold.
Fieldcom: All visible fire is knocked down.
Secondary searches are underway. Trying to determine
what caused the collaspe in the bldg.
By orders of Car 4 "Robert" Fire is UnderControl.
Fieldcom: Request the Haz. Mat. to respond to the scene.
Also, KeySpan has shut down the gas to the entire complex,
which is 1155 to 1205 Manhatten Ave.
Fieldcom: All primary searches of the entire bldg. are negative.
Secondary searches of the floors above are still underway.
***BALTIMORE, MARYLAND FIRE HISTORY***
for November 30th:
1923: Box#226 sounded @ 1955hrs for a fire @ the M. J. Swift Company, Wayson & Thomsen Sts, Northeast Of Downtown - In the next 10 minutes, 2nd & 3rd alarms were sounded - The 3 story brick rag factory was full of thick smoke as Firefighter John G. Schoenhoff, Hose Co#3, entered with a hose line - He fell into a pool of water & Lieutenant Albert J. McDermott, E-3, who was behind him, found him nearly drowned & unconscious & carried him out to safety - Chief Engineer August Emrich ordered Box#216 sounded @ 2035hrs - Hose Wagon #5, running through the thick smoke, crashed into the King Coal Company, @ 627 N Aisquith St - Captain William F. Leidlich's feet were badly cut & the Hose Wagon wrecked - After several hours of smoke eating, firefighters extinguished the fire - The Board Of Fire Commissioners commended Lieutenant Albert J. McDermott highly for heroic action displayed in the rescue of Firefighter John G. Schoenhoff @ the imminent peril to his own life. (TUH)
1971: 4 Alarms - Box#755 - 3133 W North Ave - Walbrook (Northwest Of Downtown) - Fire involved the Hilton House Tavern. (CHM1)
1998: 2 Alarms - Box#8931 - 2138hrs - 4127 W Belvedere Ave - Pimlico (Northwest Baltimore) - Fire involved the Peas & Slider Auto Body Shop. (TGA)
George T. Ehrman
Ahrens-Fox Video Library
The visual history of the fire service
professionally preserved for all to enjoy
The Fire Products Company
62 Lincoln Avenue
Webster Groves, Missouri 63119-2319
Toll Free Order Line: 800-717-2244
Free 2002 shift calendars! Firecom is giving away 500 shift calendars (ABC shift) featuring 72 images of Fire Hydrants. Just fill out the entry form at our website to qualify.
Here's the link: http://www.firecom.com/calendar.
If you participated in our Balloon give-away in September, you'd know that they went fast! First come, first served…one per e-mail address, please.
We'll start mailing the calendars December 10th. Good luck!
PS: If you miss out this time, look for your firehouse.com e-mail early March for our next give-away.
Here's the link again… http://www.firecom.com/calendar
Firecom - A division of Sonetics Corp.
800-527-0555 and 503-684-6647
Lisa Reisman Marketing and Communications Manager
7340 SW Durham Road
Portland, OR 97224
*** FireNet Group Of The Day: ***
(STLFN) St. Louis FireNet - Paul Brown
4524 Miami St.
St. Louis Mo. 63116 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fire coverage is the St. Louis Metro Area, Jefferson County, St. Charles Co. & Metro East Side. (IL). FREE optional Nation-wide fire coverage. Pager can be used for personal use as well. NO OVERCALL charges on fire pages. All for only $8.95 per month. We also can page St. Louis Area Fires to the pager you already own, this includes cell phones, palm piliots or any e-mail based device. Charge for this service is $5.00 a month. $40.00 yearly dues fee is applied for our service. Contact Paul Brown for more details.
Special Thanks to everyone who contributes fire news. ALSO a BIG THANKS to ALL FireNet pager groups who provide St. Louis FireNet with fire info. For a listing of these groups and how you can get a fire pager please e-mail me at:
Box 8 Club of St. Louis Inc.
World Of Fire E-Mail:
SUBSCRIBE TO World Of Fire Daily Report at:
Subscribe via e-mail to: WOF_Reportemail@example.com
View working fires reports & pictures at:
Content Copyright © 1998-2001 - World Of Fire Report. All Rights Reserved
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)