Thread: World Of Fire Report: 12-04-01
12-08-2001, 09:26 PM #1
World Of Fire Report: 12-04-01
*** America's Fire Paging Notification Network ***
Local & National reports from pager notification networks around the U.S.
(All times are in Central Standard Time unless otherwise indicated)
Tuesday, December 04, 2001
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a 1st Alarm house fire at 5921 Maple. Pumper 30 reported fire thru the roof on arrival and requested the 1st alarm. PUMPERS 30, 13, 24, & 28, HL15, University City 2612, BC 805, 806, Squad 2. [STL819]. 12:22a.m.
· STLFN: ST.LOUIS, MO: Update on STLFD's 1st Alarm at 5921 Maple. BC 805 reports a fire in the roof of a 3-story brick 1 line off. [STL819]. 12:25a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update on STLFD's 1st Alarm at 5921 Maple. BC 805 reports they have 2 lines off and all occupants are accounted for. [STL819]. 12:35a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update on STLFD's 1st Alarm at 5921 Maple. By orders of BC 805 strike out the 1st Alarm. Companies are overhauling. [STL819]. 12:41a.m.
· STATEN ISLAND, NY: 75-130 at 386 Forest Ave. x Hart Blvd. Fire in a 1-story taxpayer with a 2-story rear addition. Fire coming out the metal roll-gates. Request CON-ED for wires down. L77 FAST. [MNS]. 3:15a.m.
· STATEN ISLAND, NY: 22-130 *2nd Alarm* at 386 Forest Ave x Hart Blvd. Fire in a 1-story taxpayer with a 2-story rear addition. Fire coming out the metal roll-gates. Request CON-ED for wires down. L77 FAST. [MNS]. 3:17a.m.
· Update – STATEN ISLAND, NY: 22-130 *2nd Alarm* at 386 Forest Ave. x Hart Blvd. Fire in a 1-story taxpayer 50x75. B22 reports extension to exposure 4, a 2-story frame Commercial building 40x40. Fire into cockloft of fire building. B42 Safety/B40 Comm Cord. 3 lines in operation. Request New FAST Truck, L77 going to work. [MNS342 IAP]. 3:24a.m.
· Update – STATEN ISLAND, NY: 22-130 *2nd Alarm* at 386 Forest Ave x Hart Blvd. Fire in a 1-story taxpayer 50x75. B22 corrects size-up to extension to *exposure 3*, a 2-story frame Commercial 40x40, attached to rear of fire building but appears to be a separate building. 3 lines stretched operating. L81 now FAST. [MNS342 IAP]. 3:40a.m.
· Final – STATEN ISLAND, NY: 22-130 *2nd Alarm* at 386 Forest Ave. x Hart Blvd. Fire in a 1-story taxpayer (office building) 50x75 extended to exposure 3, a 2-story frame Commercial building 40x40. Fire knocked down & PWH. [MNS342 IAP]. 4:04a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD *1st Alarm* @ 2146 E. College x Emily. Fire in a 2-story brick building with fire going thru the roof. P-20 using a Deck Gun. PUMPERS: 20-8-26-10, HL2, BC806/801, SQD-2. [STL899]. 5:25a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update – STLFD’s *1st Alarm* @ 2146 E. College x Emily. Vacant 2-story brick building. 2 Aerials & 1 big line working. No exposures. Fire has been placed under control b/o BC806. [STL899]. 6:00a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update – STLFD’s *1st Alarm* @ corrected address of 2159 E. College x Emily. 2 Aerials & 1 big line working. *1st Alarm* has been struck out b/o BC806. *FINAL* [STL899]. 6:10a.m.
· EDISON (MIDDLESEX Co.), NJ: *Working fire* on Main St. Using All Hands for a ductwork fire in a Commercial building. Additional Company paged out for Stand-by. [EAN301]. 6:25a.m.
· HOLBROOK, NY: Holbrook FD – Working fire in a residential structure at 156 Singingwood Dr. 1 Engine from Holtsville for R.I.T, 1 Ladder from Sayville to scene. [MNS143/116]. 6:35a.m.
· CINCINNATI, OH: *2nd Alarm* 4542 N. Edgewood Ave. DIST-3 reports heavy fire conditions on #2 floor of a 2.5-story frame single-family dwelling. [FPO/D605] ©. 6:55a.m.
· STLFN: (0230hrs) – ST. CLAIR Co., IL: Lenzburg FD was on the scene of a house fire @ 901 S. Euclide St. Marissa FD responded M/A. No other size-up heard. [STL 835]. 7:50a.m.
· WOODSTOWN (SALEM Co.), NJ: *Working fire* 211 S. Main St. Dwelling fire. M/A to the scene from Gloucester County. [EAN216]. 8:04a.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: 75-3449 at Bay 50 St. & West 16th St. Fire on the 17th floor of a 19-story occupied multiple dwelling. PWH. [MNS119]. 8:11a.m.
· Haz-Mat: MILTON, MA: on Canton Ave at the Town Hall. Reported package that was opened with a white powder found inside. Request for a Tier-1 response. [TAC9-C302]. 10:13a.m.
· QUEENS, NY: All Hands – Box 7900 at 38 Ave & Junction Blvd. Fire in a Commercial building. A Restaurant. Request Health Dept. to scene. Fire is PWH. [EAN100]. 10:22a.m.
· Delayed – QUEENS, NY: 75-7900 at 37-67 Junction Blvd. x 38th Ave. Fire in the ductwork with extension to cockloft of a 1-story 15x40 taxpayer used as a restaurant. Used 1 line. Fire under control @ 1130hrs EST. [MNS342]. 10:47a.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: All Hands – Box 1609 at 1398 Lincoln Place. 1 line stretched operating. Back up line going into place. Trucks opening up. DWH. [EAN100]. 10:49a.m.
· Update – BROOKLYN, NY: 75-1609 at 1398 Lincoln Place. x Utica Ave. Fire on the 2nd floor front bedroom of a 4-story brick 50x100 occupied multiple dwelling. B38 requests 1 line stretched operating. Second line in operation as a backup. Companies moving in. Still DWH. [MNS342]. 10:49a.m.
· Update – BROOKLYN, NY: All Hands – Box 1609 @ 1398 Lincoln Place. Primary searches of 3rd & 4th floors negative. Fire is PWH. [EAN100]. 10:51a.m.
· BRONX, NY: All Hands – Box 3676 at Bronxwood Ave & 220 St. BC-15 reports fire in a 2-story frame 20x40 building. 1 line stretched operating. Fire is darkening down & PWH. [EAN100]. 11:10a.m.
· CLIFTON (PASSAIC Co.), NJ: Working fire on 3rd St. Fire in a Garden Apartment complex. [EAN301]. 11:32a.m.
· 2nd Alarm on arrival – BRISTOL, NH: 33 Beach Street. Reported structure fire – well involved on arrival. [TAC9-C302]. 11:53a.m.
· Update – CLIFTON (PASSAIC Co.), NJ: *Working fire* on 3rd St. Fire knocked down. Companies overhauling. [EAN301]. 11:54a.m.
· 3rd Alarm – BRISTOL, NH: 33 Beach Street. Reported fire on the 1st floor with extension to the upper floors. Request for Mutual Aid to the scene. [TAC9-C302]. 12:13p.m.
· Working fire – MANHCESTER, NH: Jones Street at Clinton Street. Reported to be a structure fire. [TAC9-C302]. 12:59p.m.
· Working fire – TEWKSBURY, MA: on Erlin Terrance “Blair House Nursing Home.” Reported fire in the laundry room with extension. Request for Station coverage. [TAC9-C302]. 1:18p.m.
· Update – Working fire – TEWKSBURY, MA: on Erlin Terrace “Blair House Nursing Home.” Per OIC request for an Ambulance for (1) 10-45 Code 3 with smoke inhalation. [TAC9-C302]. 1:25p.m.
· MFN: DORCHESTER Co., MD: Box 1-1 in Cambridge. 715 Academy St. Chief 3 reports heavy fire & smoke showing – request fill the Box. [MFN-696]. 1:40p.m.
· MFN: 2nd Alarm – DORCHESTER Co., MD: Box 1-1 in Cambridge. Corrected address of 703 Academy St. Chief 3 requested the 2nd Alarm for manpower. [MFN-66]. 1:46p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a *1st Alarm* for a fire in a house at 2029 East Desoto. BC 806 reports a fire in a 2-story brick building with 1 line off. Canteen 8 is responding. PUMPERS: 20, 8, 26, 10, HL2, BC806 & 801, Squad-2. [STL819]. 2:10p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update - STLFD's 1st Alarm at 2029 East Desoto. BC 806 reports the fire is out and they are making a primary search. Strike out the 1st Alarm. [STL819]. 2:13p.m.
· Working fire – UXBRIDGE, MA: 69 Lacky Dam Rd. Fire in an unknown type structure. Request for EMS to scene. [TAC9-C66]. 3:04p.m.
· NEWARK (ESSEX Co.), NJ: Working fire in the area of McCarter Highway & Clay Street. At Tony’s Pallets. Large open 40’ container filled with pallets – fully involved. BC-3 reports using 2 Engines, 2 Trucks & the Rescue. [EAN38/EAN100]. 4:37p.m.
· Working fire – DOVER (DUTCHESS Co.), NY: #1 Christianson Ave x Railroad Ave. Fire in a private dwelling. M/A 1 Engine from Amenia to the scene. [MNS/95/212]. 5:10p.m.
· Working fire – CAMBRIDGE, MA: Box-3429 at 20 Chestnut Street. Fire in a multiple dwelling. M/A in for Station coverage. [TAC9-C20]. 5:28p.m.
· Update – DOVER (DUTCHESS Co.), NY: #1 Christianson Ave x Railroad Ave. M/A from Pawling & Wassaic to the scene. [MNS/95/212]. 5:30p.m.
· City of READING, PA: Working fire – Box 65 at 644 North 11th St. Heavy fire 2nd floor of a 3-story middle of the row dwelling. [PA33/EAN10]. 5:58p.m.
· NORTH HUDSON (HUDSON Co.), NJ: Working fire at E.42nd St. E-5 on scene reporting a working fire – request the Box filled out. [NXTL EAN18/EAN633]. 6:59p.m.
· STANEN ISLAND, NY: 75-2514 Victory Blvd & Arlene St. Fire 2nd floor of a 2-story 25x50 private dwelling. [MNS119]. 7:08p.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: Still & Box Alarm fire @ 76th & Morgan b/o BN18. [CHGO-1]. 7:16p.m.
· STATEN ISLAND, NY: 2nd Alarm transmitted Box-2514 at 35 Highview Ave. x Stillwell & Victory. Fire in 2.5-story frame. 3 lines stretched & operating. [EAN38]. 7:24p.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: Still & Box Alarm fire @ 7606 S. Morgan has been struck out b/o 2-2-5. Only description was 3 lines working. [CHGO-1]. 7:27p.m.
· Update – STATEN ISLAND, NY: *2nd Alarm* Box 2541 at Victory Blvd @ Arlene St. Fire 2nd floor. Main body of fire knocked down. Searches delayed due to “Collier’s Mansion” conditions. DIV-8, MNS-119. [MNS-30*IAP]. 7:40p.m.
· Update – STATEN ISLAND, NY: *2nd Alarm* Box 2541 Victory Blvd. @ Arlene St. 2-story frame 25x50 private dwelling. Fire 2nd floor. BN-42 COM CORD. BN-40 SAFETY COR, L80 FAST. MNS-119 [MNS-30*IAP]. 7:49p.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: Final on the Still & Box Alarm @ 7606 S. Morgan. 3-story brick Apartment building 40x80. Fire on the 2nd floor. 3 lines used. 2 civilian patients so far. [CHGO-1/2/151*]. 7:57p.m.
· Final – Update: STATEN ISLAND, NY: *2nd Alarm* Box 2514 Victory Blvd. @ Arlene St. 2-story frame 25x50 private dwelling. All visible fire knocked down. Primary search negative 1st floor. Primary search underway on the 2nd floor due to “Colliers Mansion” conditions. Fire is PWH b/o DIV-8. MNS-119 [MNS-30*IAP]. 8:01p.m.
· LOS ANGELES Co., CA: Greater Alarm at 227 E. 30th St. Large 2-story single family dwelling – well involved. 55 Firefighters / 44 minute duration – now knocked down. [FIREPAGE ® LA-1R]. 8:24p.m.
· Working fire – WENHAM, MA: 41 Cherry St. C519/C33 [TAC9-C69]. 8:51p.m.
· Update – Working fire – WENHAM, MA: 41 Cherry St. OIC on scene reporting fire knocked down. Companies overhauling. Fire in a shed type structure attached to a dwelling. C519/C33/C20. [TAC9-C69]. 8:59p.m.
· STLFN: (1200hrs) – WASHINGTON PARK (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: Washington Park FD responded to a gas leak & explosion @ 2057 N. 48th St. 1-story house with flash fire. Kitchen fire with windows blown out. 1 minor injury to occupant. [WPFD-MS*/STL899]. 9:24p.m.
· STLFN: (delayed from 11:15hrs) – ST. CLAIR Co., IL: Prairie DuPont FD was on scene of a house fire in the 2000 block of Main St. Dupo FD and Cahokia FD responded on M/A. [STL-vm/STL835]. 9:56p.m.
· QUEENS, NY: Working fire – Box 5345 at 195-27 Woodhull Ave. 3-story brick with fire on the top floor. L133 FAST. [MNS-30*IAP]. 10:36p.m.
· QUEENS, NY: 75-5345 at 195-27 Woodhull Ave. near 195th St. 3-story brick 20x60 occupied private dwelling. Fire 3rd floor. 2 lines run, 1 in operation. BN54. [MNS-30*IAP]. 10:40p.m.
CFN - (1337hrs) Columbia, Mo. Worked a Commercial structure fire at 101 Burnam Rd. East. Quick knock down of the fire. On the scene E3, E1, E7, L1, S3, DC5, and BC 5
*** REPORT FROM THE LINE OF FIRE ***
Caledonia (Racine Co.) WI:
At 0403 hrs, Caledonia fire was dispatched to the 8100 blk of Stanley Rd for a vacant house fire reported by a sheriff deputy passing by. Command arrived of scene and reported a fully involved 1 1/2 story house. Command then called in extra tanker from the following depts.
Racine Fire Bells
Rehab was on scene for about 2-3 hrs.
Furniture Store Fire
Mt.Pleasant (Racine Co.) WI:
At around 11:15, Mt.Pleasant fire was dispatched to the 6000 blk of Washington Ave to a report of a basement fire at a local furniture store. Upon arrival, the first engine reported light smoke coming from the rear of the building. At this time a crew was sent up to the roof to ventilate. Heavy black smoke was seen coming from the front of the building. At this time, Command called for a Mabas box. Reports came in the an employee was with a customer in the basement and saw the fire in a mattress on the east end of the building. There was a lot of smoke damage to the show room and some smoke damage to a restaurant right next door to the east of the furniture store. All the window's were broken out to ventilate the store. No one was injured in the fire.The cause of the fire is unknown at this time. Fire Depts. on scene were;
Union Grove-Stand-by at Mt.Pleasant Station 1
Racine Fire Bells
***BALTIMORE, MARYLAND FIRE HISTORY***
for December 4th:
1961: 5 Alarms - Box#623 - Hanover & Hamburg Sts - South Baltimore - Fire invoved Rossiter's Restaurant. (CHM1)
1963: The Chiefs of the 4th Battalion, E-13, T-4, & Ambulance #4 relocated to their new quarters on the southeast corner of McMechen & McCulloh Sts, Madison Park (Northwest Of Downtown) - It is a 1 story brick building costing $235,000 - There are 4 doors for the exit of apparatus - This is the 3rd home for T-4 - The 2nd (1900-1963) firehouse was in an Urban Renewal Project - T-4 was disbanded on 3/14/95 & in service on 12/15/1880 - BC-4 was also disbanded in the early 90's - E-13, T-16, & Medic-4 are presently quartered here - (2) 6' stone statues depicting a Firefighter in full regalia were removed from the front wall of T-4's old quarters & placed on the front lawn of the Fire Academy on Pulaski Hwy. (TUH*CHM2)
1968: 2 Alarms - Box#8328 - 320-322 E North Ave - Charles Village (North Of Downtown) - Fire involved (2) 3 story brick rowhouses - @ 320 (occupied) fire involved the 3rd floor which was vacant, with smoke & water damage to the 1st & 2nd floors - @ 322 fire involved the 3rd floor (vacant), with smoke & water damage on the 1st floor, which was occupied by a laundromat. (TGA)
George T. Ehrman
ST. LOUIS COUNTY, MO:
A wealth of information and Live Streaming Dispatch can be found at Central County FAO's webiste
What is "Colliers Mansion Condition" often mention in FDNY reports?
What is a "colliers type condition" ?
The term is derived from a turn of the century mansion owned by the Collier brothers. They were quite eccentric and obsessed with collecting things to the point that the mansion was filled with junk from wall to wall, floor to ceiling. To avoid eviction they booby trapped the place. One of the brothers fell ill. The other brother took to caring for him. While he was returning to the sick room he fell victim to one of his own booby traps and died. The sick brother died of dehydration waiting for him. It took the fire department days to recover the bodies.
The term is used to describe any dwelling that is similarly filled with trash, making operations difficult and extensive.
Supv. Dispatcher, FDNY
*** FireNet Group Of The Day: ***
(EAN) Emergency Action Network
P.O. Box 110
Spring Lake, NJ. 07762
Phone # 1800-286-2876
Owner: Peter Danzo
N.J, NYC & PA Areas
Special Thanks to everyone who contributes fire news. ALSO a BIG THANKS to ALL FireNet pager groups who provide St. Louis FireNet with fire info. For a listing of these groups and how you can get a fire pager please e-mail me at:
Box 8 Club of St. Louis Inc.
World Of Fire E-Mail:
SUBSCRIBE TO World Of Fire Daily Report at:
Subscribe via e-mail to: WOF_Reportemail@example.com
View working fires reports & pictures at:
Content Copyright © 1998-2001 - World Of Fire Report. All Rights Reserved
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)