Thread: World Of Fire Report: 12-05-01
12-09-2001, 09:53 AM #1
World Of Fire Report: 12-05-01
*** America's Fire Paging Notification Network ***
Local & National reports from pager notification networks around the U.S.
(All times are in Central Standard Time unless otherwise indicated)
Wednesday, December 05, 2001
· WASHINGTON, DC: *2nd Alarm* Dept. of Agriculture at 14th St. & Independence Ave SW. Fire now reported knocked down & 2nd Alarm being placed in service. [DC2]. 1:53a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a 1st Alarm fire @ Talannias Restaurant at Chippewa and River Des Peres b/o Pumper 31. Smoke from a 1-story frame building. [STL819]. 2:11a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update on STLFD’s *1st Alarm* at River Des Peres & Chippewa. BC 803 requests PD for traffic control. Lines being laid across Chippewa. PUMPERS: 31-36-35-19, H&L-4, BC803, & 804, Squad-1 & Shrewsbury-1814. [STL819]. 2:14a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update on STLFD’s *1st Alarm* fire at River Des Peres & Chippewa. The fire is out. Companies are checking for extensions. [STL819]. 2:27a.m.
· UNION CITY, NJ: *2nd Alarm* on 48th St. Heavy smoke & fire 3rd floor of a occupied multiple dwelling. [EAN402/EAN388]. 3:10a.m.
· Update – UNION CITY, NJ: on 48th St. OIC reports all fire knocked down and Companies overhauling. Fire is under control. Request Fire Official to the scene. [EAN402/EAN388]. 3:38a.m.
· BUFFALO, NY: *2nd Alarm* 700 block Filmore Ave. Fire in a 2.5-story frame building. [MNS-516]. 4:56a.m.
· EAST ORANGE (ESSEX Co.), NJ: *Working fire* off of Park Ave. Heavy fire in a 2.5-story frame with an exposure problem. [EAN301]. 5:14a.m.
· Update – EAST ORANGE (ESSEX Co.), NJ: Correct address is 145 Greenwood Ave. off of Park Ave. Heavy fire in a 2.5-story frame dwelling. [EAN14/301/EAN100]. 5:31a.m.
· RICHMOND, VA: (0451hrs EST) *3rd Alarm* St. James & Jackson Streets. (2) 2-story brick buildings fully involved. Ladder Pipe operations. [RFD/FPVA-2/VFN05x]. 8:45a.m.
· RICHMOND, VA: (0647hrs EST) *3rd Alarm* 100 block of W. Jackson St. Total of 7 houses fully involved. Ladder Pipe operations. [RFD/FPVA-2/VFN05x]. 8:46a.m.
· BUFFALO, NY: (0615hrs EST) *2nd Alarm* fatal fire at 777 Filmore Ave. 2.5-story wood frame building well involved. 2 fatalities + 6 injuries. [NY72//EAN10]. 8:47a.m.
· COLCHESTER, CT: 2nd Alarm on Balaban Rd. “An Apartment Complex.” NFI. [CWP/CT80]. 9:11a.m.
· Working fire – LYNN, MA: Box 354 at 328 Eastern Ave. Fire on the 2nd floor of a single family home. 2 lines stretched operating. [TAC9-C105]. 9:40a.m.
· Update – Working fire – LYNN, MA: Box 354 at 329 Eastern Ave. 1.5-story wood frame single family house. Fire in attic area. OIC reports fire knocked down. Companies overhauling. [TAC9-C105]. 9:48a.m.
· MFN: BALTIMORE, MD: Dwelling fire (Box 27-8) at 2854 Pelham Ave. BC reporting a small basement fire. Fire knocked down at this time. Checking for extension in the occupied dwelling. [MFN-8]. 10:08a.m.
· EUCLID (CUYAHOGA Co.), OH: 3rd Alarm Box #1319. MVA/MCI on I-90 @ Euclid Ave. Tour Bus accident. 32 injuries. 3rd Alarm for EMS Units. [FPO/D703] ©. 10:13a.m.
· Update – EUCLID (CUYAHOGA Co.), OH: 3rd Alarm Box #1319 MVA/MCI on I-90 WB @ Euclid Rd. This is a 4 School Bus MVA. Numerous children transported. 50+ with minor injuries to local hospitals. [FPO/700/D703] ©. 10:44a.m.
· KANSAS CITY, MO: Working fire @ 4600 Harrison x 46th St. Fire showing on the 1st floor of an Apartment building. 1 small line off at this time. P17, P19, P32, P35, T2, T7, R9, R31, CAR106. [KCFN-02]. 12:23p.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: Washington Street & Rector St. CON-ED steam pipe explosion. 3 minor injuries. 3 & 2 along with Rescue & Squad assigned. No fire. [MNS88/3]. 1:06p.m.
· Update – MANHATTAN, NY: Explosion @ Washington & Rector St. CON-ED was working on a steam pipe when pressure built up & the pipe exploded. 2 minor injuries to PD MOS, 1 other minor injury to a civilian. [MNS-88/3]. 1:17p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD – Working fire @ 21st & Malincrodt. Small fire on the 2nd floor of a 3-story brick Warehouse. Firefighters had difficulty-finding seat of fire. 1 line off. Fire now under control. [STL810-vm/STL899]. 1:31p.m.
· 2nd Alarm – QUINCY, MA: Box 1421 at 103 Putnam Street. Structure fire. [TAC9-C461]. 1:53p.m.
· QUINCY, MA: 3rd Alarm – Box 1421 at 103 Putnam Street. 2.5-story wood frame duplex with heavy fire rear. [NEFNN/DESK]. 1:58p.m.
· 3rd Alarm – QUINCY, MA: Box 1421 at 103 Putnam Street. Fire in a 2.5-story wood frame dwelling. 3rd Alarm struck for manpower. M/A en-route. [TAC9-C461]. 1:58p.m.
· EAST ORANGE (ESSEX Co.), NJ: *2nd Alarm on arrival* 324 North Arlington Ave. Fire in a 2.5-story frame building. [EAN301/EAN503]. 2:19pm.
· STLFN: BELLEVILLE (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: Fire in the Apartment @ 101 Carlyle, Apt. B. Engine 1 & Truck 1 reports light smoke showing. Truck 2 is en-route. Engine 3 moving up. Chief 1 & 3 also en-route. [STL313]. 3:10p.m.
· STLFN: Update – BELLEVILLE (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: Fire at 101 Carlyle. Apt. B. Engine 1 reports heavy smoke in the basement – making an interior attack. [STL313]. 3:12p.m.
· PHILADELPHIA, PA: *Working fire* 2717 Reed St. BC on location with a 2-story middle of row dwelling with smoke showing 2nd floor. 2&2 in service. [EAN3386]. 3:33p.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: 75-1651 at Broadway & 151st St. (Harlem). Fire on the 1st floor of a 6-story 150x100 multiple dwelling. [MNS-88]. 3:37p.m.
· RIDGE (SUFFOLK Co.), NY: Working fire #101 Wood Lots Rd x Whiskey Rd. Fire in a private dwelling. M/A Rocky Point for FAST Team & Yaphank FD 1 AMB to scene. [MNS 74]. 3:37p.m.
· Update – PHILADELPHIA, PA: Working fire at 2717 Reed St. 2-story 16x35 dwelling. No extension to “D” exposure. Companies making good progress. [EAN3386]. 3:38p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: All Hands – Box 883 @ Malcom X Blvd & Jefferson Ave. BATT-37 reports fire in a 4-story brick 20x60 occupied building. DWH. [EAN2]. 3:50p.m.
· BRENTWOOD (SUFFOLK Co.), NY: Working fire #63 Wallbridge x 3rd St. Fire in a private dwelling. Re-tone for manpower. BFD handling multiple runs at this time. [MNS 74]. 3:52.m.
· BRENTWOOD, NY: Working fire at #63 Wallbridge x 3rd St. M/A E. Brentwood 1 Engine for coverage and 1 AMB to scene of an MVA on Sagtikos Parkway. [MNS 74]. 3:57p.m.
· BRENTWOOD (SUFFOLK Co.), NY: Working fire at 63 Wallbridge. Structure fire. Re-Alert for manpower. [NY4//EAN10]. 4:15p.m.
· EAST MEADOW, NY: Working fire on 8th St. Dwelling fire. M/A to work & cover. MNS434 [MNS-30*IAP]. 4:18p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: 75-883 at 222 Malcom X Blvd & Jefferson. Fire in a 4-story 20x60 brick. [MNS-88]. 4:20p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS Co., MO: Mid-County FPD has a *1st Alarm* for a house trailer at 6825 St. Charles Rock Road. They have at least 1 line off with a 5” line to the plug. Primary search was negative. [STL819]. 4:21p.m.
· STATEN ISLAND, NY: 75-1542 at 22 Josephine Lane. Fire in a 2.5-story wood frame. [MNS-88]. 4:30p.m.
· STATEN ISLAND, NY: All Hands Box 1543 @ Josephine St. & Lester St. 2.5-story wood frame with fire reported in the rear. [EAN2]. 4:30p.m.
· Update – STATEN ISLAND, NY: All-Hands Box 1543 @ 22 Josephine St. near Manor Rd. 2.5-story wood frame dwelling. Fire #1 floor rear. BATT-22 reports 2 lines run. Primary search #1 floor rear negative. [EAN2]. 4:35p.m.
· Update – STATEN ISLAND, NY: All Hands Box 1543 @ 22 Josephine St. near Manor Rd. 2.5-story frame 20x40 dwelling. Fire #1 floor rear. BATT-22 reports all searches now negative. This fire is under control. [EAN2]. 4:46p.m.
· MFN: BALTIMORE, MD: *Working Fire Dispatch* dwelling fire at 1400 Riggs at North Calhoun St. Command reporting heavy fire through the roof. Crews making an attack. [MFN-1]. 5:10p.m.
· MFN-Update: BALTIMORE, MD: *Working Fire Dispatch* Dwelling fire at 1400 Riggs Ave. Command reporting they had heavy fire 2-story vacant row. Fire is under control. Holding all Units. [MFN-1]. 5:14p.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: 75-1604 @ Lenox Ave & 142nd St. 1 10-45 Code #2 EMS removed aided in cardiac arrest. 2 Police Officers & 1 Firefighter for smoke inhalation. [MNS119/88]. 5:22p.m.
· HOLMDEL (MONMOUTH Co.), NJ: *2nd Alarm* Rt.520 x Heather Hill. PD on scene reports a fully involved structure. M/A Pumper & Ladder from Colts Neck. FAST Team from Keyport. Also MTFD Station 10, Chief now request Ladder Pipe & step up. [EAN16/EAN633]. 6:14p.m.
· Update – HOLMDEL (MONMOUTH Co.), NJ: *2nd Alarm* 19 Heather Hill. Structure – fully involved. Exterior operation only. Deck Gun & multiple handlines in operation. Request for GPU with a RUSH. Also request Fire Marshal. EAN16 on scene. [EANSTAFF/EAN633]. 6:44p.m.
· Update – HOLMDEL (MONMOUTH Co.), NJ: 19 Heather Hill. 2.5-story 60x30 structure. 2 Ladder Pipes & multiple handlines in operation. Heavy fire in cockloft and roof area a this time. Exterior operation. Fire starting to darken down. EAN16 on scene. –FCR- [EANSTAFF/EAN633]. 6:51p.m.
· FANNETT-METAL (FRANKLIN Co.), PA: *2nd Alarm* 17469 Path Valley Rd. Fully involved Barn. M/A Fulton, Huntingdon and Juniata Counties. [DC/PA1]. 6:53p.m.
· 2nd Alarm – BRAINTREE, MA: Box-43 at 21 Hancock Street. Braintree Rug Co. Reported fire in the basement of a Commercial building. M/A in for Station coverage. [TAC9-C20]. 6:59p.m.
· Update – HOLMDEL (MONMOUTH Co.), NJ: *2nd Alarm* 19 Heather Hill. 2.5-story 60x30 irregular shaped with 20x40 addition in rear. Partial collapse of roof. Setting up collapse zone at this time. Fire flaring up in roof area. EAN16 on scene – FCR- [EANSTAFF/EAN633]. 7:02p.m.
· STLFN: FAYETTEVILLE (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: Fayetteville FD on scene of a working fire @ South 3rd & Illinois Ave. Illinois Power responding. NFI. [STL899]. 7:15p.m.
· Update – 2nd Alarm – BRAINTREE, MA: Box-43 at 21 Hancock Street, Braintree Rug Co. CAR-2 reported Fire Knocked down. Co.’s overhauling. C461. [TAC9-C20]. 7:15p.m.
· HOLMDEL (MONMOUTH Co.), NJ: Update *2nd Alarm* 19 Heather Hill. Fire knocked down. Overhaul in progress. Cover ups in place. County Fire Investigator & Red Cross on scene. [EANSTAFF/EAN633]. 7:26p.m.
· STLFN: WENTZVILLE (ST. CHARLES Co.), MO: Wentzville FPD *1st Alarm* Working trailer fire @ 267 Colt Circle x Fox Trotter (Rolling Meadows Sub.) M/A from O’Fallon FPD. Move-ups made. [STL899]. 7:36p.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: A Still & Box Alarm @ 1309 W. 49th St. First Company on scene reporting fire in the rear of a dwelling. [CHGO6/150] ©. 8:05p.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: Working Still Alarm @ 6551 S. Wentworth. BC17 on scene reporting a 2.5-story frame going good. [CHGO6/15] ©. 8:10p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a working fire @ 3800 Michigan x Winnebago. Heavy smoke coming from a 2-story brick building. 1 line off. PUMPERS: 32-1-14, BC804. [STL899]. 8:16p.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: The Still & Box Alarm @ 1309 W. 49th St. struck out b/o 2-2-5. Fire in a 2.5-story building 25x40 now under control. 2 lines used. [CHGO6/15/150] ©. 8:17p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD *1st Alarm* b/o BC804 @ 3800 Michigan x Winnebago. Fire in the basement of a 2-story brick building. 2 lines working. PUMPERS: 32-1-14-4, HL-4, BC804/802, SQD-1. [STL899]. 8:21p.m.
· Working fire – BANGOR, ME: 34 Dean Street. A Structure fire. I/C requesting 3rd Engine to scene. [TAC9-C122]. 8:45p.m.
· QUEENS, NY: 75-8796 at 219-15 143rd St. x 222 St./Springfield Blvd. Fire on the 2nd floor of a 2-story frame dwelling under construction. L155 FAST. Main body of fire is knocked down. MNS30 [MNS342]. 8:47p.m.
· STLFN: FESTUS (JEFFERSON Co.), MO: Festus FD *1st Alarm* working fire @ 201 Main St. Apartment building with fire showing. M/A from R-7 FPD en-route. [STL899]. 9:09p.m.
· STLFN: FESTUS (JEFFERSON Co.), MO: Festus FD *2nd Alarm* working fire @ 201 Main St. Heavy fire in an Apartment building. Numerous lines being laid. M/A to work & cover. [STL899]. 9:11p.m.
· STLFN: FESTUS (JEFFERSON Co.), MO: Update – Festus FD *2nd Alarm* @ 201 Main St. Apartment building fire. S/C for R-7 FPD’s & Dunklin FPD’s Air Cascade to scene. [STL899]. 9:26p.m.
· DEKALB, IL: 2nd Alarm Box 31 at 1602 Sleepy Hollow. NFI ATT. [CHGO-03/10] ©. 10:20p.m.
· QUEENS, NY: Working fire – Box 7461 at 31st Ave @ Crescent St. 1-story garage – fully involved. Extension to a multiple dwelling. L163 FAST & BN-49 S/C L115. [MNS-30*IAP]. 10:29p.m.
· QUEENS, NY: 75-7461 AT 23-56 31st Ave. near Cresent St. 1-story garage with extension to exposure 2, 2nd floor. 2 lines run. BN-49 [MNS-30*IAP]. 10:33p.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: 75-7461 at 23-56 at 31st Ave near Crabent St. 1-story frame Commercial garage 25x40 with fire extending to the 2nd floor of a 3-story frame 20x40 multiple dwelling. 2 lines run. BN-49. [MNS-30*IAP]. 10:39p.m.
· NEWARK, NJ: *Working fire* on Van Vecten St. Fire on the 4th floor of a high-rise Apartment building. [EAN301]. 10:46p.m.
· Final update: QUEENS, NY: 75-7461 at 23-56 31st Ave near Cresant St. 1-story 25x40 garage extended to a 3-story multiple dwelling 20x40. Fire 2nd floor. Searches negative in a 3-story multiple dwelling. PWH. MNS-342 [MNS-30*IAP]. 11:19p.m.
· STLFN: ARNOLD (JEFFERSON Co.), MO: Rock Community FPD *1st Alarm* Apartment fire at 1122 Westward Trail. Working fire. 1 victim with burns. Apartment fully involved. [STL-800]. 11:41p.m.
· STLFN: ARNOLD (JEFFERSON Co.), MO: Update – Rock Community FPD’s *1st Alarm* Apartment fire at 1106 Westward Trail. Command reports building well involved. Move ups being made. [STL-800]. 11:44p.m.
CLEVELAND TN (03:57) Dockery Lane and Blythe Rd. Working fire 1 story house, heavily involved on arrival. 2/1 response. Four lines used. Two children ages 2 & 4 fatalities. Origin and cause unknown ATT. (CFD-PIO - Scott Cunnyngham) HNAN/TSFN DEWms.
DC Firecom/Baltimore Metro Dispatch Report
Tuesday, Nov.20, 2001
HOWARD CO. MD. *Task Force* Commercial bldg fire 9285 Livery Lane/ M/A Anne Arundel & Montgomery Cos./ MON HOWARD2 154.22 DC2
WASH DC Box & working fire disp 2765 Naylor Rd SE *people reported trapped* smoke showing 2nd flr 4 sty apt bldg. DC2 (11/20 07:37 EST)
WASH DC Another Box & working fire disp 519 Shepard St NW/ Fire 1st flr of a dwelling. DC2 (11/20 07:39 EST)
DC Working Box Update 2765 Naylor Rd SE *ladder rescue in progress in rear* additional people in distress 3rd flr/ Fire 2nd flr storage room knocked dwn/ hvy smoke conditions. DC2
DC Working Box Update 519 Shepard St NW/ Fire confined to room on 1st flr/ searches negative/ fire under control. DC2
DC Working Box Update 2765 Naylor Rd SE *several smoke inhalation victims being removed* Additional EMS dispatched/ Fire confined to storage room & under control. DC2 (11/20 07:50 EST)
PRINCE GEORGES Co. MD: Working house fire 9109 Locksley Rd (Ft. Washington) *People reported trapped* MON PG3 494.7875 DC2 (11/20 11:44 EST)
PRINCE GEORGES CO. MD: Update *Fire Task Force* 9109 Locksley Rd for working house fire. Water supply problems. Possible people trapped/ MON PG3 494.7875, DC2
PG Co., MD: Update - Task Force house fire 9109 Locksley Rd. Fire 1st flr. Fire knocked down. Searches negative DC2
ALEXANDRIA VA. **2nd Alarm** House fire 2905 Landover St. Fire 2nd flr bedroom. MON 800 OPS2 DC2
ALEXANDRIA VA. 2nd Alarm update 2905 Landover St. Fire 2nd flr bedroom knocked dwn. Searches negative. Return 2nd alarm units. DC2
MONTGOMERY CO. MD. Working brush fire Game Preserve Rd vicinity RR tracks (Gaithersburg) operating with 4 Engs & 3 Brush Units/ MON CHAN1 153.95 DC2
BALTIMORE CITY, MD *working fire disp* 2835 W. Lanvale St for the structure fire [SQD51/DC2].
*** REPORT FROM THE LINE OF FIRE ***
Boise Idaho report
-1122hrs - Electrical Fire - 921 S. Orchard (South Boise) = Power surge started fire in business (Republic Mortgage) using 1+1.
-1653hrs - WF - 1304 Fairwood Dr (Meridian FD) = Room/contents fire in bedroom of SFD.
-2024hrs - Electrical fire - 1800 N. Locust Grove (Meridian FD) = Large sign on roof of business on fire - S/C for 2+1 from BFD.
-0303hrs - WF - 19855 S. Cloverdale Rd (Kuna FD) = Have heavy involvement of a barn, 1hr K/D.
-1325hrs - WF - 1351 N. Kimball (West Boise) = Heavy fire from mobile home with numerous exposures - S/C ALS for inj subject.
-0420hrs - WF - 11167 Gunsmoke Place (West Boise) = Fire in garage of 1 sty SFD.
-1325hrs - 3rd Alarm - 22448 Eel Ln (Star FD) = E503 arriving to a heavily involved three bay garage, when an explosion took place spreading fire to exposure, a 2 sty SFD. Six departments used 7-E, 3-WT, 1-HR, & 4-Chiefs.
Fire on A roof
Mt.Pleasant (Racine Co.), WI:
At 11:35am, Mt.Pleasant fire was dispatched to the 6800 blk of Washington Ave for a report of a fire on the roof of a restaurant. Mt.Pleasant Fire requested a Mabas box alarm. The fire started in the kitchen and extended up past the fire suppression system and caught the roof vent area on fire. One firefighter was injured on the scene with minor leg injury and transported to the hospital. Fire Depts. on scene were;
Somers- cancelled en route
Racine Fire Bells
Brooklyn, N.Y. 12/05/01 @ 16:45 hrs.
address: 222 Malcolm X Blvd.
between: Jefferson Ave. & Hancock St.
883 @ 16:40
Engs. 214, 217, 227
Lads. 176, 123
10 - 75 - 883 @ 16:45
Ladder 112 is designated as the "FAST" Truck
Rescue Co. #2
All - Hands:
7 - 5 - 883 @ 16:50
Squad Co. #1
Batt. 37 reports, Were using all - hands for a fire on the 1st. floor
of a 4 story M.D. We have 2 - lines stretched, 1 - line in operation.
Searches are being conducted. Trucks are "Opening Up" Doubtful.
4 Story Brick 20 x 60
Exp. #1: Is a Street
Exp. #2: Is a Vacant Lot
Exp. #3: Is a 1 Story set-back
Exp. #4: Is a Street
Division 15: Have 2 - lines stretched & in operation. All visible
fire has been extinguished. Checking the 2nd. floor for extensions.
Fire remains Doubtful.
Special Call an add. Truck for relief. TowerLadder 124 is s/c
Division 15: Fire is UnderControl
Division 15: All searches are negative.
CINCINNATI FIRE DIVISION
Media Contact: District Chief Steve Kluesener
Address of Incident: 23 Green Street
Good evening. This is District 2 Fire Chief Gary Scott reporting on a 1-alarm fire, which occurred on 12-5-01 at 6:10pm. Fire companies were dispatched to a report of a building on fire at 23 Green Street, which is located in Over-the-Rhine.
Upon arrival, fire personnel confirmed a working fire in a 4-A brick residential. There was fire emitting out of several of the 4th floor front windows. Fire personnel initiated an aggressive interior attack. Fire lines were advanced up the interior stairwell. An additional fire line was advanced to the attic area. Also, a primary search of the entire structure was conducted, which confirmed all occupants were out of the building. The roof area was opened in order to assist in ventilation. Within a short period of time, the fire was brought under control.
A fire investigator was called to the scene to assist in the determination as to the fire cause. At this time, the cause is undetermined pending further investigation. The estimated fire loss was set at $20,000. There were no injuries as a result of this incident. Smoke detectors were present in the building.
The Red Cross was called to the scene to assist with the displacement of 3 adults and 6 children.
There were 29 fire personnel utilized at this incident. Some members are still on the scene as this media release is being sent out at 8:30pm.
For further information regarding this incident you can contact District 1 Fire Chief Steve Kluesener at 352-2311.
Captain Robert Becker
Cincinnati Fire Prevention Bureau
700 West Pete Rose Way
5th Floor, Lobby B
Office (513) 357-7597
***BALTIMORE, MARYLAND FIRE HISTORY***
for December 5th:
1970: 3 Alarms - Box#2122 - 708 E Baltimore St - East Of Downtown - Fire involved a 3 story brick building & bar. (CHM1)
1989: 2 Alarms - Box#2322 - 201 N Broadway - East Of Downtown - Fire involved Apartment 20G of a Public Housing hirise for the elderly - The 20th floor was heavily charged with smoke & several residents were evacuated - There were no serious injuries. (CHM1*TGA)
George T. Ehrman
The Elizabeth, NJ Fire Department Unofficial Web Site can be view by Clicking on the following address http://www.elizabethnjfire.com
The Boise City Fire Department (Boise, Idaho) will be celebrating it's one-hundredth anniversary during Memorial Day Weekend of 2002 ("One Hundred Years, From Horses to Horsepower"). Start making plans to attend now. The celebration will include a parade (all fire apparatus welcome), muster, antiques, food, fun and more. For details or for information on how to sign up for the muster competition or the parade, call (208) 395-7898. Or, contact the planning committee at:
Boise City Fire Department
Centennial Celebration Committee
101 S. Capitol Street, Suite 701
Boise, ID 83702-7707
*** FireNet Group Of The Day: ***
(FPNWWA) Fire Page Northwest of Washington
Ralph & Michelle Decker E-MAIL= Ladybuf@aol.com
Tacoma & Seattle Area
(FPNWOR) Fire Page Northwest of Oregon
Tom Kichenmaster E-MAIL = firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Thanks to everyone who contributes fire news. ALSO a BIG THANKS to ALL FireNet pager groups who provide St. Louis FireNet with fire info. For a listing of these groups and how you can get a fire pager please e-mail me at:
Box 8 Club of St. Louis Inc.
World Of Fire E-Mail:
SUBSCRIBE TO World Of Fire Daily Report at:
Subscribe via e-mail to: WOF_Reportemail@example.com
View working fires reports & pictures at:
Content Copyright © 1998-2001 - World Of Fire Report. All Rights Reserved
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)