Thread: World Of Fire Report: 12-07-01
12-10-2001, 08:48 AM #1
World Of Fire Report: 12-07-01
*** America's Fire Paging Notification Network ***
Local & National reports from pager notification networks around the U.S.
(All times are in Central Standard Time unless otherwise indicated)
Friday, December 07, 2001
· LOGAN TWP. (GLOUCESTER Co.), NJ: Working fire at 303 Heron Dr. in the Pureland Industrial Park. Bridgeport Command reports they have a Commercial building with heavy smoke on interior. Companies in service trying to find source of fire. Need County Fire Marshal to respond. [EAN3305]. 1:29a.m.
· HOLMDEL (MONMOUTH Co.), NJ: *Large brush fire* Telegraph Hill & Overlook Drive. M/A Brush Truck from Hazlet en-route. [EAN6900/EAN318]. 2:07a.m.
· CLIFTON (PASSAIC Co.), NJ: *Working fire* 417 River Rd. Working fire in a Commercial building 500x500. [EAN388]. 6:54a.m.
· Update – CLIFTON (PASSAIC Co.), NJ: *Working fire* 417 River Rd. Not a building fire – it’s a large outside fire. Using Ladder Pipe to get to the seat of the fire. All Companies working. [EAN388]. 7:02a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a working fire @ 4204 W. Lexington. Smoke showing from a 1-story bungalow. 1 line off. [STL899]. 7:05a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update – STLFD’s working fire @ 4204 W. Lexington. Fire in the basement of a 1-story brick residence. 1 line working. [STL899]. 7:11a.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: *All Hands* Box 2628 @ 5201 6th Ave. All Hands working. Unknown size-up. [EAN2*EAN503]. 7:16a.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: 75-2628 at 5201 6th Ave. & 52nd St. (Sunset Park). Fire in the dryer that extended to the ductwork in a Laundromat on 1st floor of a 4-story building. Commercial on the 1st floor with dwellings above. Main body of fire knocked down. [MNS-88]. 7:16a.m.
· NEWARK (ESSEX Co.), NJ: *Haz-Mat* 71 Williams St. (BD of ED Building). FD on scene with a person that released an unknown type Hazardous substance into the building. Requesting Police forthwith. [EAN100*EAN503]. 8:56a.m.
· Working fire – PORTSMOUTH, NH: South St. “Edgemore Manor.” Companies report smoke showing. C603. [TAC9-C33]. 10:25a.m.
· GLEN COVE (NASSAU Co.), NY: *Working fire* 82 Elm Ave. Fire in an unknown type building. M/A FAST Team to the scene. [EAN301]. 11:50a.m.
· ROCKAWAY (MORRIS Co.), NJ: *Serious MVA & fire* Rt.80 East near Exit 37. Car headed west into eastbound lanes collided with an Asphalt Truck. Liquid Asphalt on fire. Major diesel fuel spill. Picatinny Haz-Mat requested to the scene. [EAN14]. 12:09p.m.
· 2nd Alarm – MILTON, MA: 106 Allerton Rd. Reported smoke showing on arrival. Companies report a basement fire in a private dwelling. [TAC9-C226]. 1:20p.m.
· Hazardous Materials Incident – GRAFTON, MA: 200 Westboro Rd. Tufts Animal Hospital. Unknown substance. Mutual Aid from Millbury for Station coverage. C612 [TAC9-C811]. 1:20p.m.
· MILTON, MA: *3rd Alarm* 106 Allerton Rd. [NEFNN/DESK]. 1:27p.m.
· Update – 3rd Alarm – MILTON, MA: 106 Allerton Rd. Reported smoke showing on arrival. Companies report heavy fire in the basement and floor #1. fire in a 1.5-story brick dwelling. 2 lines in operation. [TAC9-C226]. 1:50p.m.
· QUEEN ANNES Co., MD: Box 7-6 (Crumpton). 2nd Alarm Equiv. House fire. Birchville Sawmill Rd. E-72 reports heavy fire showing. M/A Kent Co., MD. [MFN-696]. 3:01p.m.
· FAIRFAX Co., VA: **2nd Alarm** Hi-Rise fire at 8045 Leesburg Pike. Fire in ductwork. [DC5]. 3:11p.m.
· PORT JERVIS (ORANGE Co.), NY: Rt.209 N&G’s Tech working fire. M/A for cover. [EAN305]. 3:25p.m.
· Update – QUEENS ANNES Co., MD: Box 7-6 (Crumpton). 2nd Alarm Equiv. House fire at 110 Birchville Sawmill Rd. Command requests utilities for live wires down on side 4. Transfers in progress. [MFN-696]. 3:45p.m.
· LINDEN, NJ: Working fire at 1400 South Park Ave. Fire involving a large transformer at the TOSCO Refinery. Linden FD assisting the Plant Fire Brigade. [EAN44/45//EAN10]. 4:14p.m.
· 2nd Alarm – EPPING, NH: on Route 27, “Joe’s Auto.” Building well involved on arrival. C603. [TAC9-C461]. 4:22p.m.
· EPPING, NH: 3rd Alarm on Route 27 at Joe’s Auto Shop. Well involved. [NEFNN/DESK]. 4:29p.m.
· 3rd Alarm – EPPING, NH: on Exeter Road (Route 27) “Joe’s Auto” Building well involved with exposures. M/A en-route. C603 [TAC9-C461]. 4:32p.m.
· Update – LINDEN, NJ: Working fire at 1400 South Park Ave. at the TOSCO Oil Refinery. Fire knocked down & under control. Linden Co.’s returning. [EAN44/45/EAN10]. 4:43p.m.
· ST. CLAIR (ST. CLAIR Co.), MI: 6600 Fred Moore Highway. Chimney fire. Fire now into the dwelling. Mutual Aid Marine City with Tanker and manpower. Marysville for Station coverage. [FNNM-290>510]. 4:53p.m.
· QUEENS, NY: 75-5819 at 181-20 144th Ave. Fire in 2 vacant private dwellings. S/C for an additional Engine & Truck. [MNS432]. 4:53p.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: 75-5819 at 181-20 at 144 Ave x 181st St. BATT 54 reports (2) vacant wood frame 20x40 private dwellings involved. T/L’s going into operation. 2 Lines stretched operating. [MNS432]. 4:56p.m.
· BRISTOL TWP. (BUCKS Co.) PA: *2nd Alarm* Commercial building with heavy fire. & reports of explosions inside at 612 William Lee Dr. [EAN3305]. 5:44p.m.
· Update - BRISTOL TWP. (BUCKS Co.), PA: *2nd Alarm* 612 William Lee Dr. Chief reporting a 200x75 Industrial building with heavy fire throughout. Hazardous materials inside. Reports of explosions. [EAN3305/EAN3386]. 5:52p.m.
· MFN: QUEEN ANNES Co., MD: Dwelling fire @ 106 Foxrun Ct. Command reporting fire on the rear deck. Reported Propane tank on fire. Command holding 2 Engines only. Mutual Aid from Anne Arundel Co. placed in service. [MFN-1]. 6:03p.m.
· TULLYTOWN (BUCKS Co.), PA: Box 3334 *3rd Alarm* 612 William Way Drive. Companies advising numerous explosions. Notifying Dep./Coast Guard due to water from fire running into Delaware River. Very flammable Hazardous materials inside. Setting up DECON. [EAN3305/EAN3386]. 6:09p.m.
· Update – TULLYTOWN (BUCKS Co.), PA: Box 3334 *3rd Alarm* 612 William Way Drive. Companies advising side 1 has collapsed. All Firefighters accounted for. [EAN3386]. 6:15p.m.
· NORFOLK, VA: 2nd Alarm @ 1400 block Chapel St. 2-story Commercial with fire through the roof. [VFN05*]. 6:20p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: 10-75 Box 1428 at 680 3rd Ave. fire in a 1-story Commercial Restaurant 60x20. 1 line stretched out. Companies checking for seat of fire. [MNS432]. 7:04p.m.
· MONSEY (ROCKLAND Co.), NY: Working fire at 4 Unicorn St. M/A Engine with manpower to scene. [EAN100]. 7:04p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: 10-75 & PWH Box 1428 at 680 3rd Ave. BATT-32 reports had fire in the kitchen & ductwork of a 1-story Restaurant 60x20. Main body of fire knocked down. Fire is PWH with transmission of the All Hands. [MNS432]. 7:06p.m.
· *Working fire* MONSEY (ROCKLAND Co.), NY: #4 Unicorn Street. Fire in a private dwelling. M/A 1 Engine from South Spring Valley to the scene. [MNS/95]. 7:09p.m.
· TULLYTOWN, PA: 3rd Alarm – 612 William Way Dr. 200x75 Industrial building well involved. [EAN3305/10]. 7:21p.m.
· ELIZABETH, NJ: 2nd Alarm on arrival at 712 Grove St. House fire. [EAN205/EAN10]. 7:22p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: Apparatus MVA, Ladder 103 involved in an MVA at Dumont Ave & Williams. Reporting 1 civilian injury at this time. Request PD & EMS & Safety BATT. [MNS432]. 7:24p.m.
· Update - ELIZABETH (UNION Co.), OH: *2nd Alarm* 712 Grove St. Heavy fire throughout the structure. Command has pulled all personnel out of the building. [EAN10/EAN299]. 7:42p.m.
· ELIZABETH, NJ: *3rd Alarm* 712 Grove Street. 3-story wood frame private dwelling – fully involved. [MNS432]. 7:48p.m.
· Update – ELIZABETH, NJ: 3rd Alarm(+) on 712 Grove Street. Fire throughout a 3-story frame building with exposure problems. All Companies still working. [EAN STAFF]. 8:47p.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: Still Alarm: BN43 has a fire at 744 S. Kenneth. 3-story occupied 25x40 with fire in basement. 3 lines working. Engine 77/95, Truck 26/36, 2-7-1. [CHGO-1/211+]. 9:14p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: 10-75 Box 3405 at West 8th St. & Ave X. Fire on the 2nd floor of an occupied multiple dwelling. Reports of children trapped in Apt. 2D. [MNS432]. 9:16p.m.
· Update – BROOKLYN, NY: 75-3405, 2352 West 8th St. x Avenue X. Fire 2nd floor of a 7-story occupied multiple dwelling. [MNS432]. 9:19p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: All Hands – Box 3405 at Ave “X” & W. 8th St. Fire on the 2nd floor of a 7-story brick occupied multiple dwelling. Fire is PWH. [EAN100]. 9:24p.m.
· Update – ELIZABETH, NJ: 3rd Alarm at 712 Grove Street. Fire throughout a large 3-story dwelling. Fire now under control. [EAN10]. 10:12p.m.
· Working fire – MELROSE, MA: Box-391 at 2 Trenton Street. Reported cellar fire in a dwelling. M/A requested. [TAC9-C20]. 11:40p.m.
· Working fire – PROVIDENCE, RI: 31 Greeley Street. E-12 reports heavy fire in a 3-story wood frame Duplex. Request additional Engine & Ladder on arrival. [TAC9-C51]. 11:45p.m
· 2nd Alarm – PROVIDENCE, RI: 31 Greeley St. Heavy fire in a 3-story wood frame occupied duplex. [TAC9-C51]. 11:49p.m.
· Update – *2nd Alarm* - PROVIDENCE, RI; Box 5331 at 31 Greeley St. OIC reports possible people trapped on 3rd floor. S/C for an additional Ladder to the fire. [TAC9-C51]. 11:54p.m.
· RALEIGH (WAKE Co.), NJ: *2nd Alarm Equiv.* 6100 Remington Lake Dr. Well involved 2-story vacant house. New Hope VFD was 1st on scene. Request full 1st Alarm from Raleigh FD. C51(IC). 3 handlines stretched operating. Chimney collapsed. One hour control time. S/C FMO & Fire Investigator. [CFP*702]. 11:57p.m.
*** REPORT FROM THE LINE OF FIRE ***
Hartford Citywide Radio Association Incident Log
Brookfield, CT /2nd Alarm/ 28 Prospect Dr 2wdfr NFI 00:53
Wallingford, CT /10-31/10-99/ I-91 near Exit 14 (2) 10-45 Code 1 (fatal) (4) 10-45 Code 2 (serious) R-5 X3 add’l EMS req 02:40
Newtown, CT /10-31/ Rt34 a rollover 2 pinned 07:35
Coventry, CT /10-31/10-43 req/ Rt44 and Barneby Rd car vs pole with wires down power co req 12:52
Waterbury, CT /10-75/ 384 Willow St 3wdfr NFI 15:53
Killingly, CT /3rd Alarm/ 92 Williamsville Rd unk type bldg NFI 19:22
Bridgeport, CT /10-75/ 50 Theresa Cir an OMD NFI 23:11
Hartford, CT /10-30/ 50 Willard St 3brk OMD fire 2nd flr closet add’l Engine req 01:32
Windsor, CT /10-75/ 76 Green Manor Ave a carport with extension to dwelling 02:08
Waterbury, CT /10-30/ 189 Stoddard Rd a kitchen fire 13:32
Hartford, CT /10-75/ 300-302 Park Ter 3bay 1wdfr garage fully involved 16:43
Newtown, CT /10-31/ 142 Boggs Hill Rd car vs pole 1 pinned 17:26
Hartford, CT /3rd Alarm/ 2 Hamilton St (aka 251 Zion St) occ 4brk OMD heavy fire all 4 flrs and thr the roof with extension to and exposure (253-255 Zion St) 3brk OMD over comm fire 2nd and 3rd flrs 20:18
East Hartford, CT /10-31/ Burnside Ave add’l Ladder req 08:41
Putnam, CT /2nd Alarm/ High St fire in 2 bldgs NFI 13:28
Burlington, CT /10-31/10-43 req/ Rt4 and RT69 car vs pedestrian 15:10
Newport, RI /10-75/ 132 Simms Ave unk type bldg NFI 15:47
Groton, CT /10-31/ Rt117 at Rt184 1 pinned 16:43
North Providence, RI /10-75/ 21 Pinewood Dr occ dwelling fire in the kitchen 17:23
Torrington, CT /2nd Alarm/ Norfolk Rd “Hemlock Trailer Park” (1) 10-45 Code 1 (fatal) 19:12
Killingly, CT /10-75/ Cat Hollow Rd a vacant bldg NFI 01:03
Stafford, CT /10-75/ Furnace Ave a dwelling NFI 04:47
Trumbull, CT /10-75/ 180 Hawley La “Trumbull Marriott” fire in the kitchen 05:28
Southington, CT /10-75/ 406 Atwater St “Bruce MFG” fire in ductwork of industrial bldg 12:26
Enfield, CT (Shaker Pines District) /10-30/ 5 Birchwood Rd occ 1.5wdfr dwelling electrical fire in the basement 13:13
Milford, CT /10-31/ I-95 SB near Exit 35 car vs CT DOT truck NFI 14:32
Litchfield, CT /10-75/ 400 Torrington Rd “Fernwood Rest Home” 3wdfr fire 1st flr 21:16
Fairfield, CT /10-31 Code Red / Meadowbrook Rd and Kings Hwy involving Fairfield Engine 2 prolonged extrication 21:46
Derby, CT /10-75/ 16 Prindle Ave 2wdfr a basement fire add’l Ladder req 22:02
Ledyard, CT /10-31/ Rt214 and Avery Hill Rd a rollover car vs pole with wires down 1 pinned power co req 07:41
Colchester, CT /2nd Alarm on arrival/ Balaban Rd “Balaban Apartments” NFI 10:08
Hartford, CT /10-31/ Vine St and Coventry St car vs pole with wires down power co req 12:10
Middletown, CT /10-80/ High St Ext near Middlesex Hospital vehicle with 2 mortar rounds inside bomb squad req 13:04
Suffield, CT /10-75/ Babbs Rd unk type bldg NFI 16:37
Stratford, CT /10-31/ 88 Ferry Blvd car vs bicycle (1) 10-45 Code 1 (fatal) 17:24
Glastonbury, CT /10-31/ 1079 Hebron Ave multi car 1 pinned 18:16
Hartford, CT /10-75/ 194 Bonner St 2.5wdfr fire 2nd flr 19:05
Meriden, CT /10-75/ 22 Atkins St Ext unk typ ebldg add’l Engine req 22:49
Bridgeport, CT /10-31/ French St and Capitol Ave 2 cars 2 pinned add’l Ladder req 05:57
Meriden, CT /2nd Alarm/ 49 Prospect St 2.5wdfr fire 2nd flr 1 occupant rescued 11:43
Hartford, CT /10-30/ 39 Sumner St 3wdfr fire in the walls 23:47
Hartford, CT /10-75/ Forest St and Hawthorn St 1.5wdfr garage 02:20
Bridgewater, CT /10-75/ Henry Sanford Rd 2wdfr heavy fire 2nd flr 03:12
Hamden, CT /10-31/ Pine Rock Ave at New Haven city line 1 car rollover 1 pinned 08:50
Marlborough, CT /10-75/10-43 req/ 137 South Main St a motel fire in 1 room (1) 10-45 Code 2 (burns) 10:48
Hartford, CT /10-75/ 209-211 White St 2.5wdfr fire 2nd flr 12:23
New Britain, CT /10-75/ 211 South St car fire in a comm bldg 14:29
Windsor, CT /10-31 with fire/ 10-80/ I-291 at I-91 SB a tractor trailer rollover 100 gals of diesel fuel leaking add’l Engine, Tanker and DEP req 15:30
Plainfield, CT /10-31/10-43 req/ I-395 NB NFI 21:07
HCRA Website: http://www.hartfordcitywide.com
HCRA Email: email@example.com
12/07/01 A/C/W Independence, MO 9601 E Truman Rd x Winner Rd Fully involved RV extended to 1-sty pizza shop. Pumper 3 stilled on the fire, on scene with heavy fire showing, fill out the assignment.
0121hrs Pumper 3 still alarm
0124hrs Fill the assignment: Pumper 4, Pumper 5 on air from previous run, Truck 1, Rescue 1, Chief 8.
December 7, 2001
712 Grove St
3 Story Frame OMD
Heavy fire second & third floors of a 3 story frame occupied multiple dwelling.
1st Alarm 2011 hrs
2nd Alarm 2015 hrs
3rd Alarm 2030 hrs
GARY INDIANA FIRE REPORT
December 7, 2001 2nd Turn
1422 hrs Still Alarm Vacant House Fire
40th & Penn Engine 5 reporting a working
fire in a vacant 11/2 sty brick 20X40 fire
in the basement. Engines 5,10 Ladder 4
SQUAD 2 Batt 10
0232hrs STILL&BOX ALARM FIRE
5400 Blk of W. 25th Ave
Fire reported in a fireworks building, Engine 13
reporting heavy fire in a 50X100 Warehouse
containing several fireworks, Co's went to a defensive
stand due to heavy fire load. 5 lines and a ladder
pipe working. Engines 13,9,3 Ladder 4,1 SQUAD 2
0528hrs Box Alarm Fire in a Apt Building
200 W. 8th Ave Engine Co#1 on arrival
reporting occ 3 sty brick 40X100 fire on the
2nd floor 2 occupants were removed from
the floor above by SQUAD.
Engines 1,2,8 Ladder 1, 7 SQUAD 2 Batt 8,7
DIV CHIEF 2
***BALTIMORE, MARYLAND FIRE HISTORY***
for December 7th:
1907: T-13 was placed in active service - They were organized on 1/31/1906 - They were quartered in a new firehouse on the east side of Carey St, between Hollins & Lombard Sts, west of downtown - It is a 2 story brick building on a lot 80' deep & 41' wide, costing $21,156 & the lot $5,234 - They received a new Hayes Aerial truck, complete with Dahill hoist - Their 1st Captain was Charles E. Price, promoted Lieutenant from E-1 - T-13 was disbanded due to budget cuts on 7/19/2000 & the firehouse stands vacant. (TUH*CHM2)
1968: 2 Alarms - Box#325 - Lafayette Ave & McCulloh Sts - Northwest Of Downtown - Fire did heavy damage to the hallway & classrooms of the 3 & 4 story Booker T. Washington Junior High School, occupying the entire block bounded by Lanvale & McCulloh Sts, & Druid Hill & Lafayette Aves. (TGA)
1972: 2 Alarms - Box#876 - 2135 N Fulton Ave - Northwest Of Downtown - Fire involved a 2 story brick dwelling & office - There was 1 civilian fatality. (CHM1)
1985: 3 Alarms - Box#6541 - 1600 Block Locust St - Curtis Bay (South Baltimore) - Fire involved a 1 & 2 story brick storage building. (CHM1)
George T. Ehrman
Thorndon Fire Station North Wellington Fire District Wellington NEW ZEALAND.
*** FireNet Group Of The Day: ***
Based in the Richmond Metro area, We cover a large portion of Virginia with dispatchers in the following areas: The Richmond Metro area, Tidewater, Northern Neck, Augusta/Rockingham County, Roanoke County, Nottoway County, Goochland County, City of Fredericksburg/Spotsylvania County, Fairfax County, and Arlington County.
Paul Edwards (FPVA-2)
9424 Centerway Drive
Glen Allen, VA 23059
Jerry Puryear (FPVA-3) firstname.lastname@example.org
11413 Mill Road
Glen Allen, VA 23059
Firepage Virginia FPVA-2
Writer, The Virginia Fire News Magazine
Special Thanks to everyone who contributes fire news. ALSO a BIG THANKS to ALL FireNet pager groups who provide St. Louis FireNet with fire info. For a listing of these groups and how you can get a fire pager please e-mail me at:
Box 8 Club of St. Louis Inc.
World Of Fire E-Mail:
SUBSCRIBE TO World Of Fire Daily Report at:
Subscribe via e-mail to: WOF_Reportemail@example.com
View working fires reports & pictures at:
Content Copyright © 1998-2001 - World Of Fire Report. All Rights Reserved
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)