*** America's Fire Paging Notification Network ***
Local & National reports from pager notification networks around the U.S.
(All times are in Central Standard Time unless otherwise indicated)
Saturday, December 08, 2001
· GARWOOD (UNION Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm Equiv.* on Oak Street. Fire in a large Commercial building. Exterior operations only. Partial collapse of the roof. Very heavy fire conditions. Additional move-ups in progress. [EAN18*402*EAN301]. 1:59a.m.
· *3rd Alarm* GARWOOD (UNION Co.), NJ: North Ave @ Pier St. Fire in a large 2-story Warehouse. Heavy fire conditions. Exterior operations. [EAN301*305*18*630*402*EAN388]. 2:28a.m.
· EAST ROCKHILL TWP. (BUCKS Co.), PA: Box 2617 *Working fire* on Blooming Glen Rd. Command has a large farmhouse well involved. Requests 3 additional Engine Companies above the 1st Alarm. [EAN3305]. 7:18a.m.
· BRONX, NY: *All Hands* on East 172nd St. Fire is on the 2nd floor. All Companies working. [EAN388]. 7:39a.m.
· Working fire – PROVIDENCE, RI: 37 Cayleer St. Structure fire. [TAC9-C51]. 7:48a.m.
· STLFN: (Overnight Report – 0430hrs) ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD had a 1st Alarm fire in an occupied building at 5805 Natural Bridge x Goodfellow. At least 2 lines off for a fire in a 2-story brick building (Apts. over business). [STL810]. 7:48a.m.
· Update – BRONX, NY: **All Hands** Box 3013 at Elder Ave & 172nd Street. Fire is knocked down. EMS treating 1 injured Firefighter with burns to the forehead area. Fire is under control. [EAN2/EAN388]. 7:54a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a working fire @ 2030 Ann x Mississippi. Fire on the 1st floor of a 4-family flat. 1 line off. PUMPERS: 1-11-7, BC802. [STL899]. 9:17a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update – STLFD’s Working fire @ 2030 Ann x Mississippi. BC802 reports fire has been extinguished. Companies overhauling & no MARC’s needed. [STL899]. 9:23a.m.
· QUEENS, NY: All Hands – Box 7372 at 36th Ave & Vernon Blvd. Fire in a CON-ED Substation. Unable to access fire room until power is cut off. S/C the Purple K Unit to the scene. DWH. [EAN100]. 9:35a.m.
· 5-5-5-5 It is with regret FDNY announces the following Line Of Duty Deaths that occurred on 9-11-01: Lt. Peter Martin R2; Lt. Ronald Kerwin SQ-288; Firefighter David Fontana SQ-1; and Firefighter Ronnie Gies SQ-288. May they rest in eternal peace. [MNS432]. 10:00a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD P-10 is on scene of a working fire in a 2-story frame house @ 4017 Lincoln x Sarah. 1 line off. Requesting a Still Alarm assignment. PUMPERS: 10-17-28 & BC806. [STL899]. 10:20a.m.
· ATLANTA, GA: 911 Angel convoy left Atlanta this morning on I-85 en-route to NYC. Local FD Units are escourting convoy as it passes. See http://www.911angels.info for details. Heads up for SC, NC, VA, etc. [HNAN/BillD]. 10:25a.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: Working fire – Box 567 at Bond St. & State St. Fire 1st floor of a 4-story brick occupied multiple dwelling. Fire is PWH. [MNS432]. 10:32a.m.
· QUEENS, NY: Haz-Mat job – Box 7372 at Vernon Blvd & 36th Ave. 10-86 Code 3, Foam operations. Fire in the basement of the CON-ED building. S/C for Foam Tenders, TAC1 & Haz-Mat. [MNS432]. 10:54a.m.
· WESTBURY (NASSAU Co.), NJ: Working fire at 1029 Washington Ave. Fire in the basement of a private dwelling. [MNS432]. 11:06a.m.
· Update – WESTBURY (NASSAU Co.), NJ: Working fire at 1029 Washington Ave. Chief 9600 reports has fire in the walls of a 2-story private dwelling. Minor extension to 1st floor. Main body of fire knocked down. Fire is PWH. [MNS432]. 11:07a.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: 10-86 Code 3 Box 7372 at Vernon Blvd x 36th Ave. Have an electrical fire in a confined space in the basement of the CON-ED building at location. S/C Foam Units 167, 96, 260, 321 & 212 as well as Foam Tender. DWH. [MNS432]. 11:10a.m.
· QUEENS, NY: *2nd Alarm* Box 7372, Vernon Blvd & 36th Ave. CON-ED Station. DIV-14 reports still have fire. Request all 2nd Alarm Units to stage at 9th St. & 36th Ave. Putting 1 T/L in operation to protect exposed Nitro tanks. [MNS432]. 11:15a.m.
· KANSAS CITY, KS: Working house fire @ 3064 Cissna x Webster. Heavy smoke showing on arrival. P5, P14, P15, P11, T14, Q10, CAR 32/61. [KCFN-02]. 11:37a.m.
· STLFN: MARYLAND HEIGHTS (ST.LOUIS Co.),MO: Maryland Heights FPD *1st Alarm* Comm'l bldg fire @ 2033 Westport Center Drive x Lackland. S/C for extra equip & manpower to the scene. [STL899]. 11:54a.m.
· PERRY TWP., IN: 3001 S. Meridian St. 1-story brick Office building. Indy Engine 26 also. [INDY-12]. 12:44p.m.
· STLFN: BETHALTO (MADISON Co.), IL: Bethalto FD on scene of a working Trailor fire @ 133 S. Bellwood. Meadowbrook FD moving up to Bethalto Engine House with a Pumper and manpower. [STL 835]. 1:05p.m.
· STLFN: (delayed) – MADISON Co., IL: Meadowbrook FD was on the scene of a Commercial structure fire @ the “Caseys General Store” 5024 State Route 156. Light smoke showing on arrival. [STL-vm/STL835]. 2:23p.m.
· Working fire – BOSTON, MA: Box-5261 4 Holmes Street. Car-11 reports heavy fire #1 floor extended to the 2nd floor of a 2-story brick dwelling. 3 lines stretched & operating. All Companies working. DWH. [TAC9-C20]. 2:23p.m.
· Update – Working fire – BOSTON, MA: Box 5261 at 4 Holmes Street. Bulk of the heavy fire knocked down. Companies overhauling. Primary & secondary searches negative. PWH. [TAC9-C20]. 2:31p.m.
· SAN DIEGO Co., CA: *Brush fire* Hwy 94 & Harris Ranch Rd. 300+ acres w/rapid spread. 30-50mph winds. 3-4 structures burning/lost w/ major threat to numerous structures. [FIREPAGE (R) SD1/LA60]. 3:03p.m.
· MFN: BALTIMORE, MD: *Working dwelling fire* 1100 block Sargeant St. (Box Alarm 55-3). BC-3 (Buckholz) reporting a 2-story occupied dwelling with heavy fire showing from the 2nd floor. [MFN-4]. 3:10p.m.
· BALTIMORE, MD (53-3): *Working dwelling fire* 1100 block Sargeant St. (Pigtown – Southwest of Downtown). Reported people trapped. Working Fire Dispatch en-route. [DC/BMD/E*23]. 3:11p.m.
· MERIDEN, CT: 2nd Alarm Equiv. 109 Franklin St. Occupied 3-story wood frame dwelling. [CWP/CT19/CT173/CT80]. 3:12p.m.
· MFN-Update: BALTIMORE, MD: *Working fire* 1100 block Sargeant St. (Box Alarm 55-3). BC-3 reporting an injured Firefighter. Request 2nd Medic. [MFN-4]. 3:15p.m.
· Working fire – COVENTRY, RI: 142 Old Flat River Rd. Attic fire in a 2.5-story wood occupied multiple dwelling. [TAC9-C51]. 3:29p.m.
· MFN-Update: BALTIMORE, MD: *Working occupied dwelling fire* at 1172 Sargeant St. (Box Alarm 55-3). Command placing fire under control. Fire contained to structure of origin with aggressive attack lines. [MFN-4]. 3:30p.m.
· MFN: QUEEN ANNES Co., MD: Box Alarm 1-9 at 26 Queen Annes Way. Units reporting a 3-story Condo complex with heavy fire on arrival. Mutual Aid Anne Arundel Co. & USNAFD. (H/L AJ) [MFN-13]. 3:55p.m.
· MFN: QUEEN ANNES Co., MD: *2nd Alarm* (Box Alarm 1-9) at 26 Queen Annes Way. 3-story Condo complex with heavy fire. Fire now reported under control. Mutual Aid from Anne Arundel Co. & USNAFD. (H/L AJ) [MFN-13]. 3:58p.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: Working fire – Box 975 at 131 E. 66th St. near Lex Ave. 11-story 200x100 occupied multiple dwelling with fire in the dumbwaiter – extended to Apartment. Request PD for traffic. [MNS-30]. 4:06p.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: 75-975 at 131 E. 66th St. near Lex Ave. 11-story 200x100 occupied multiple dwelling with fire in the dumbwaiter shaft on the 5th floor to 6th floor. Fire extended into an apartment. Primary search negative. BN-8. [MNS-30]. 4:09p.m.
· Update – Working fire – COVENTRY, RI: 142 Old Flat River Rd. Fire in the attic of a 2.5-story wood occupied multiple dwelling. Fire is knocked down. Companies checking for extensions. C51 on scene. [TA9C-C51]. 4:11p.m.
· MFN: CARROLL Co., MD: Building fire at 500 Oklahoma Ave. E-121 reporting fire showing from the front window. Mutual Aid from Howard Station 3. [MFN-74]. 4:33p.m.
· Working fire – BOYLSTON, MA: 209 Edgemore Dr. Heavy fire showing from floor #2 of an unknown size structure. M/A to the scene. [TAC9-C108]. 5:09p.m.
· STLFN: SMITHTON (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: Smithton FD on scene of smoke inside a house @ 104 S. Hickory St. Light smoke showing on arrival. Companies: Engine 143, 142, 149, Ladder 239. Freeburg FD responding M/A. [STL 835]. 5:38p.m.
· Working fire – BELMONT, MA: Box-31 at 20 Branchard Road. Reported fire in the walls of a private dwelling. C302. [TAC9-C20]. 5:59p.m.
· Update – Working fire – BELMONT, MA: Box-31 at 20 Branchard Road. I/C reports fire top floor in the walls with extension to ceiling of a 2.5-story wood frame dwelling. Fire knocked down. Companies overhauling. PWH. C302. [TAC9-C20]. 6:11p.m.
· BALTIMORE Co., MD: *Fatal* Pedestrian vs. Train @ Philadelphia Ave & Amtrak NE Corridor. Have (1) Priority-4 (DOA) & (1) Priority-1 patients. 2nd Medic & boat requested. Difficult access. Amtrak line shutdown. [DC/BMD/E*23]. 6:14p.m.
· PHILADELPHIA, PA: *Working fire* at 13th & Kitty Hawk. Heavy smoke & fire in a building. Deputy 1 advises bulk of fire is knocked down. Have a few special calls. This is a large building. [EAN3386/EAN3305]. 7:12p.m.
· MFN: ANNE ARUNDEL Co., MD: Dwelling fire (Box 10-15) at 7822 Burgess Rd. Smoke showing from the roof of a vacant dwelling. [MFN-18]. 7:20p.m.
· Update – PHILADELPHIA, PA: Working fire at the Philadelphia Naval Ship Yard at 13th & Kitty Hawk. This is a 1.5-story wood frame building 200x60. Still have medium smoke showing. Companies opening the roof up. Philly Naval Shipyard Fire Dept. operating. Philadelphia FD on scene assisting. Fire is PWH. [EAN 3386 EAN3305]. 7:23p.m.
· Working fire – FALMOUTH, ME: on Route 88. Reported smoke showing on arrival. Companies laying lines. C603/C101 [TAC9-C302]. 7:27p.m.
· NEWARK, NJ: *Radio Alarm* Box 4169 at Prince Street & Muhammid Ali Ave. Working structure fire. Vacant project with fire showing out windows. [EAN38]. 7:33p.m.
· Update – NEWARK (ESSEX Co.), NJ: Box-4169 at 280 Prince St. Signal-11 fire on the #4 floor of a vacant multiple dwelling. [EAN43/EAN38]. 7:43p.m.
· STLFN: ST. CHARLES Co., MO: Haz-Mat Incident @ I-70 WB at the Weight Scales. Haz-Mat Team on scene of an unknown type substance. NFI. [STL899]. 7:59p.m.
· MFN: BALTIMORE, MD: Dwelling fire at 1708 N. Milton Ave. (Box Alarm T15-2). T-15 reporting a 2-story building with smoke showing 2nd floor. [MFN-4]. 8:18p.m.
· JERSEY CITY (HUDSON Co.), NJ: Box 764 at 366 Forrest St. Fire in the basement of a 4-story brick occupied multiple dwelling. All Companies working b/o BATT-2. [EAN43]. 8:20p.m.
· Update – JERSEY CITY (HUDSON Co.), NJ: Box 764 at 366 Forrest St. Fire in the basement of a 4-story brick occupied multiple dwelling. 2 lines run. Searches negative. Arson Squad to respond. Fire under control b/o DEP-1. [EAN43]. 8:29p.m.
· STLFN: WASHINGTON PARK (ST. CLAIR Co.), MO: Washington Park FD is on scene of a working house fire @ 1817 N. 59th St. Caseyville FD responding M/A. [STL 835]. 9:35p.m.
· STLFN: Update – WENTZVILLE (ST. CHARLES Co.), MO: Haz-Mat call @ I-70 & the Weight Scales. Haz-Mat Teams made entry and found the substance is not hazardous. Crews will be picking up & returning to service shortly. *FINAL* [STL388]. 9:39p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: **FDNY/MVA** 163 Division Ave. L-104 in a minor accident. Unknown injuries. [MNS-30]. 9:49p.m.
· E. CLINTON (DUTCHESS Co.), NY: *Working fire* 15 Story Lane & Longview Rd. M/A from W. Clinton & Pleasant Valley. Request ALS to scene. [EAN351]. 10:21p.m.
· LAKEWOOD (OCEAN Co.), NJ: *Working structure fire* on Rt.70 Flea Market. Companies laying 5” lines – protecting Propane tanks at rear of building. M/A Dover for Ladder Company and FAST Team. [EAN540]. 10:48p.m.
· MFN: CARROLL Co., MD: Barn fire at 3740 Nicholson Rd. Command advising Barn well involved. Tanker Task Force requested. Mutual Aid from Baltimore & Howard Counties. [MFN-74]. 10:52p.m.
· CARROLL Co., MD: **2nd Alarm Equiv.** Barn fire at 3740 Nicholson Rd. (Co.#17 – Gamber VFC). Tanker Task Force requested. Mutual Air Howard & Baltimore Counties. [DC/BMD/E*23]. 10:53p.m.
· DECATUR, IL: Working fire @ 1415 E. Garfield. 3-1-4 on scene with a fire in the basement of a 1.5-story frame. Engines: 1 & 4, Trucks 1 & 2, Squad-1, BC-3-1-4. [CIL-10/13/14$] ©. 10:53p.m.
· Update – DECATUR, IL: Working fire @ 1415 E. Garfield has been struck out by 3-1-4. Fire was in the basement of a 25x50, 1.5-story frame. S/C Ambulance for a civilian injury. [CIL-10/12/13/14*] ©. 11:10p.m.
· MFN-Final: CARROLL Co., MD: Barn fire at 3740 Nicholson Rd. Command advising barn a total loss. Holding all Units several hours for extensive mop-up. [MFN-74]. 11:44p.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: CFD Still Alarm: BN23 has a fire at 7200 S. Cornell. 4-story brick Apartment building 40x100. Fire on the top floor and cockloft. 3 lines working. Engine 100/72, TL34, Truck 49, 2-7-4. [CHGO-1/7/211*/CIL-10+]. 11:55p.m.
*** FirePage Ohio® Report for 12/01/01 to 12/04/01 ***
FirePage Ohio® covers all of Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, Northern Kentucky and we will soon add Eastern Indiana and the City of Indianapolis. As of January 1st, 2002, we will be sending all of our incident notifications via email, so if you carry an alphanumeric pager, PDA or cell phone, and that device has an email address, we can get the information to you.
For additional information, you can contact us at our office, (937) 399-4197, email us at email@example.com or visit our web site at http://www.firepageohio.com.
If you'd like to report an incident, please call our hotline number: 1-888-342-0143, and leave a message. Please make sure you include your name and a call back number.
This report is complied by FirePage Ohio® Dispatcher Scott Berringer ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
December 1, 2001
Cleveland: W/F 2270 West 47. BC 4 reports a 2 sty SFD well involved. Cos: Eng 4, 24, Lad 4, Squad 2, & BC 4. Eng 23 - Worker. Lad 23 - RIT. FPO/D700 ©
Washington Twp (Franklin): W/F 5822 Houchard Rd. Cos: Eng 91, 93, 95, 243 (Prairie Twp), Lad 91, Tank 261 (Pleasant Valley), 211 (Jerome Twp), Res92cuE, Med 93, BN 91. 1.5 sty SFD. FPO/D217 ©
Washington Twp (Franklin): W/F 5822 Houchard Rd. W/F Cos: Eng 92, Med 95. No hydrants in area. FPO/D217 ©
Washington Twp (Franklin): W/F 5822 Houchard Rd. Tank 321, 241 now responding. FPO/D217 ©
Washington Twp (Franklin): W/F 5822 Houchard Rd. Tank 213 (Jerome Twp) responsing. BN 80 (Norwich) is Safety Officer. FPO/D217 ©
Washington Twp (Franklin): W/F 5822 Houchard Rd. BN 91 (Smith) reports fire K/D. Holding all companies. Prevention 92 S/C'd. Eng 81 (Norwich) moved up to Sta 91. FPO/D217 ©
Tri Twp (Delaware): *Steam Engine Explosion* on County Home Rd. 2 trauma victims. DelCo Med 1, 5, EMS 461, Tri Twp Eng & Rescue. FPO/D249 ©
Cuyahoga Falls (Summit): *Trench Rescue* 143 Hayes. Cos: Eng 1, 4, Squad 1, 3, Truck 4 w/trailer, Lad 3, Res2cuE, Chief 1, 4. Summit County TROT S/C'd. FPO/701/D703 ©
Austintown Twp (Mahoning): W/F 4577 Kirk-Deercreek Rd. Fire in MFD. Cos: Squad 55, 17, Sta 3, 4. FPO/D256 ©
Berlin Twp (Mahoning): W/F 15408 Leffingwell Rd. Fully Involved Mobile Home. M/A from Jackson, Ellsworth, & Milton Twps. FPO/D256 ©
Columbus: W/F 261 Skidmore. Cos: Eng 10, 2, Lad 10, Res2cuE, Med 2, BN 1. FPO/D221 ©
Columbus: W/F 261 Skidmore. Eng 10 reports entire rear of structure is involved. W/F Cos: Eng 9, Med 1, EMS 11, SO 2. FPO/D221 ©
Columbus: W/F 261 Skidmore. Utilities And Extra Engine requested. Eng 1 enroute. FPO/D221 ©
Columbus: W/F 261 Skidmore. Wires down, Search of house "Cound not be completed" All clear will NOT be issued. FPO/D221 ©
Columbus: W/F 261 Skidmore. Fire still in walls. Eng 3 enroute. FPO/D221 ©
Columbus: W/F 261 Skidmore. BN 1 reports fire K/D. Holding all companies. Arson S/C'd. FPO/D221 ©
Cleveland: (Delayed) W/F East 99 & Ostend. BC 6 reported a 2.5 sty SFD with fire showing from 2nd floor rear. Cos: Eng 30, 22, Lad 30, Squad 3, & BC 6. Eng 10 - Worker. Lad 10 - RIT. FPO/D700 ©
Columbus: W/F 261 Skidmore. Injured FF transported to Mount Carmel West. FPO/D221 ©
Columbus: W/F 272 South Princeton. Cos: Eng 17, 193 (Franklin Twp), 12, Lad 2, 1, Res17cuE, Med 17, BN 5, 1. W/F Cos: Eng 7, Med 7, EMS 15. FPO/D221 ©
Columbus: W/F 272 South Princeton. Med 25 & SO 2 on the card. No size up ATT. FPO/D221 ©
December 2, 2001
Cincinnati: W/F Box # 5214 @ 1808 Queen City Ave. Cos: Eng 17, 12, 21, Trk 17, 21, Dist 2. Fire in 2 sty MFD. Eng 29 - RIT. Dist 3 & Res 14 OTW. FPO/1002/D276 ©
Cincinnati: W/F Box # 7358 @ 1620 Minion Ave. Fire in 2 sty brk MFD. Cos: Eng 24, 35, Trk 24 29, Dist 1. Heavy fire showing on arrival. Eng 29 - RIT. Dist 3 & Res 24 OTW. FPO/1002/D276 ©
Cincinnati: W/F Box # 5214 @ 1808 Queen City Ave. Fire is K/D. Holding most companies. In service crews going to fire on Minion Ave. FPO/1002/D276 ©
Columbus: W/F 272 South Princeton. Arson & Res Cross S/C'd. Gas Company, ES 2, & SO 2 enroute. FPO/D221 ©
Cincinnati: W/F Box # 7358 @ 1620 Minion Ave. Bulk of fire being K/D. Holding all companies. Arson S/C'd. FPO/1002/D276 ©
Columbus: W/F 272 South Princeton. Fire K/D. Holding all companies. FPO/D221 ©
Norwich Twp (Franklin): W/F 4015 Carolton Ct. Fire in roof/attic of SFD. Cos: Eng 82, 81, 30 (Columbus), Lad 81, Med 80, BN 80. M/A from Washington Twp. FPO/D276 ©
Norwich Twp (Franklin): W/F 4015 Carolton Ct. Heavy smoke conditions in attic. Crews opening up. Bulk of fire K/D. Holding all companies. FPO/D276 ©
Forest, KY (Boone): MVA/TRAUMA Mt Zion Rd @ I-75. Cos: Eng 101, 103, Ambo 114. Requesting Univ of Cincinnati AirCare Helo. FPO/1002/D276 ©
Columbus: W/F 6170 Bay Brook Dr. Cos: Eng 32, 182 (Madison Twp), 181, Lad 32, 23, Res4cuE, Med 32, BN 4, 181. FPO/D221 ©
Columbus: W/F 6170 Bay Brook Dr. W/F Cos: Eng 4, Med 182, EMS 16, SO 2. FPO/D221 ©
Columbus: W/F 6170 Bay Brook Dr. Fire K/D. Holding all companies. FPO/D221 ©
Cleveland: W/F 2000 Castle Ave. Fire on 3rd floor of 6 sty brk apt bldg (CMHA Bldg). Cos: Eng 4, 24, 20, Lad 4, 20, Squad 2, & BC 4. TAC 4 OTW. FPO/D703* ©
Cleveland: W/F 2325 West 40. Cos: Eng 24, 4, Lad 4, Squad 2, & BC 4. Eng 20 - Worker. Lad 20 - RIT. FPO/D703 ©
Cleveland: W/F 2325 West 40. Heavy fire/smoke from 2nd floor & Attic of 2.5 sty SFD. TAC 4 & AC 1 OTW. FPO/D703* ©
Liberty Twp (Delaware): W/F 4005 Orchardview Pl. Quick K/D. Holding Eng 321, 92 (Washington Twp). FPO/249/D217 ©
West Licking JFD (Licking): *ATV CRASH* on South St in Etna. 2 Level 1 trauma victims. Cos: Med 401, 402, Res401cuE. both to Grant Medical Center. 28 year old female, no helmet, ejected, massive head trauma. FPO/D249 ©
Mifflin Twp (Franklin): MVA/PIN Clotts Rd Area. Cos: Eng 131, Res133enG, Med 141 (Jefferson Twp), 134, 131. MedFlight S/C'd. LZ at Gahanna Middle School. 1 Injured FF on scene. FPO/244/D276 ©
Columbus: W/F 1049 Harmom. Cos: Eng 2, 3, Lad 2, Res2cuE, Med 2, BN 1. FPO/217/D221 ©
Columbus: W/F 1049 Harmon. BN 1 reports fire K/D. Holding all companies. Requesting Red Cross. FPO/217/D221 ©
December 3, 2001
Cincinnati: W/F Box # 2413 @ 108 Ryan Lane x-st Clinton Springs. Cos: Eng 32, 34, Trk 19, 32, Dist 4. Eng 38 - RIT. Res 38, Dist 3, & Car 406 OTW. Fire on 2nd floor of 2 sty MFD. FPO/1002/D217 ©
Columbus: W/F 4354 Ingham. Car fire with extension to a house. Cos: Eng 19, 13, Lad 13, Res16cuE, Med 19, BN 7. Quick K/D. FPO/D221 ©
Fairborn (Greene): W/F 2030 Village Dr. 4 sty MFD with heavy smoke on 1st floor. Cos: Eng 4, 1, 3, Lad 4, BN 1. FPO/D320 ©
Fairborn (Greene): W/F 2030 Village Dr. Eng 4 reports small fire in kitchen. Quick K/D. Holding all companies. FPO/D320 ©
December 4, 2001
Northfield Village (Summit): W/F 10230 Northfield Rd (SR 8). Fire in house behind Sagamore Hills Motel. FPO/D703 ©
Cleveland: W/F 9814 Aetna. Heavy smoke from 2 sty SFD. Cos: Eng 36, 11, Lad 36, Squad 1, & BC 5. Eng 41 - Worker. Lad 11 - RIT. FPO/D700 ©
Cincinnati: W/F 4242 North Edgewood Ave. Eng 38 reports heavy fire on 2nd floor of 2.5 sty SFD. Cos: Eng 38, 20, Trk 20, 32, Dist 3. Eng 51 - RIT. Res 38 & Dist 2 OTW. FPO/D605 ©
Cincinnati: *2ND ALARM* 4242 North Edgewood Ave. Dist 3 reports crews still have heavy fire on 2nd floor. Cos: Eng 19, 12, Trk 2, Squad 52, MAC 1, Res 2. FPO/D605 ©
Weathersfield Twp (Trumbull): W/F on Isabelle Dr. Cos: Eng 40, 41, 42, Air 40, Car 40. House under construction. FPO/230*/258*/313*/256/D217 ©
Cincinnati: *2ND ALARM 4242 North Edgewood Ave. Car 3 (Chief of Ops) reports fire K/D. Trucks have opened op. Crews beginning overhaul. Holding all companies. Arson S/C'd prior to request for 2nd alarm. FPO/D605 ©
Columbus: W/F 265 Orchard Ln. Cos: Eng 19, 13, Lad 13, Res16cuE, Med 19, BN 3. Attic fire in 2 sty SFD. FPO/D217 ©
Columbus: W/F 265 Orchard Ln. W/F Cos: Eng 7, Med 16, EMS 13, SO 2. FPO/D217 ©
Columbus: W/F 265 Orchard Ln. BN 3 (Flynn) reports fire K/D. Holding all companies except W/F companies. FPO/D217 ©
Youngstown: W/F 461 West Ravenwood. Cos: Eng 2, 15, 9, Lad 24, 22, Squad 33, BN 1, 2. Eng 2 reports fire in 2 sty SFD. FPO/D323 ©
Central Twps Fire/Madison Squad (Madison): MVA/PIN 2205 US 42. Cos: Med 280, 281, Eng 295, Grass 297. Car vs Grain Truck. FPO/D276 ©
Central Twps Fire/Madison Squad (Madison): MVA/PIN 2205 US 42. BN 292 reports victim pinned. MedFlight S/C'd. LZ being set up. FPO/D276 ©
Central Twps Fire/Madison Squad (Madison): MVA/PIN 2205 US 42. MedFlight # 1 (117VU) & # 2 (460H) S/C'd. Car under grain trailer. S/C Extra Rescue from London. 1 Pediatric & 1 Adult trauma victims. Level 1. FPO/276/D249 ©
Newark (Licking): *Rescue Run* @ Newark High School. 13 year old female with head injury. Cos: T/L 1, BN 1 & others. MedFlight S/C'd. LZ being set up. FPO/D276 ©
Newark (Licking): *Rescue Run* @ Newark High School. Victim is semi-concious. MedFlight on the ground. FPO/D276 ©
Louisville (Stark): MVA/PIN/EJECTION 4255 Meese Rd. Car vs large tree. 1 DOA on scene. Pinned victim enroute to Aultman Hospital. St 2 requesting Squad & Rescue from Sta 1. Coroner S/C'd. FPO/D256 ©
Cleveland: W/F 3600 East 52. BC 2 reports a 2 sty SFD well involved. Cos: Eng 13, 11, Lad 13, Squad 1, & BC 2. Eng 9 - Worker. Lad 11 - RIT. FPO/D700 ©
(to be continued).....
***BALTIMORE, MARYLAND FIRE HISTORY***
for December 8th:
1955: 4 Alarms - Box#54 - Sharp & Montgomery Sts - Otterbein (South Of Downtown) - Fire involved the Crescent Laundry. (CHM1)
1958: 6 Alarms - Box#517 - 1810 Worcester St - Camden Industrial Park (Southwest Of Downtown) - Fire involved the Maryland Wiping Cloth Company. (CHM1)
1968: 2 Alarms - Box#2122 - 2134hrs - 700 E Baltimore St - East Of Downtown - Fire involved the 3rd & 4th floors of the 4 story brick Louis Hotel - The Hotel occupied the 2nd, 3rd, & 4th floors - The Woodlawn Farms Lunch Room occupied the 1st floor & received smoke & water damages - The Hotel entrance is @ 1 Harrison St - BC-37 requested Ambulances #'s 1, 3, 2, & 5 - 2 persons were transported to Johns Hopkins Hospital, 5 person to Church Home & Hospital, & 1 person to Mercy Hospital. (TGA)
1989: 2 Alarms - Box#2722 - 0200hrs - 1111-1119 McDonogh St - Northeast Of Downtown - Dwelling fire began in 1115 McDonogh St & extended to 1111, 1113, 1117, & 1119 - T-5 discovered this fire while on their way to another incident - A firefighter from E-6 injured his right leg during the fire. (TGA)
1989: 2 Alarms - Box#8226 - 0631hrs - 2280 Cecil Ave - Northeast Of Downtown - This smokey fire involved a 1 story roofing supply company - 3 company trucks were destroyed. (TGA)
2000: 3 Alarms - Box#56-2 - 1635hrs - 6643 Walther Ave - Belgravia (Northeast Baltimore) - Fire involved a previously burned out 3 story brick vacant apartment building. (TGA)
2000: 2 Alarms - Box#31-11 - 1757hrs - 312 E Lorraine Ave - Waverly (North Of Downtown) - Fire involved a 2 story brick rowhouse. (TGA)
George T. Ehrman
American Police Beat
Chris Police Scanner Site
*** FireNet Group Of The Day: ***
(HNAN) Hot News Alert Network
P.O. Box 80607 Metro Atlanta Area
Atlanta, Ga. 30366
Dave Williams - email@example.com
Bill Delmar - firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Thanks to everyone who contributes fire news. ALSO a BIG THANKS to ALL FireNet pager groups who provide St. Louis FireNet with fire info. For a listing of these groups and how you can get a fire pager please e-mail me at:
Box 8 Club of St. Louis Inc.
World Of Fire E-Mail:
SUBSCRIBE TO World Of Fire Daily Report at:
Subscribe via e-mail to: WOF_Reportemail@example.com
View working fires reports & pictures at:
Content Copyright © 1998-2001 - World Of Fire Report. All Rights Reserved
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: World Of Fire Report: 12-08-01
12-11-2001, 08:28 AM #1
World Of Fire Report: 12-08-01
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)