Thread: World Of Fire Report: 12-09-01
12-12-2001, 08:12 AM #1
World Of Fire Report: 12-09-01
*** America's Fire Paging Notification Network ***
Local & National reports from pager notification networks around the U.S.
(All times are in Central Standard Time unless otherwise indicated)
Sunday, December 09, 2001
· CAMDEN Co., NJ: *All Hands* on Rt. 38 @ Italian Bistro. 60x75 building with heavy smoke through out. Now opening up roof. Fire showing thru the roof. [EAN3386]. 12:25a.m.
· MEDFORD (BURLINGTON Co.), NJ: *Working fire* 200 block Hartford Rd. Companies on scene with fire in a dwelling. [EAN3305]. 2:51a.m.
· MDFORD (BURLINGTON Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm** 266 Hartford Dr. Companies have heavy fire through the roof of a structure. [EAN3305]. 3:19a.m.
· CHERRY HILL (CAMDEN Co.), NJ: Update *Working fire* at the Italian Bistro on Rt.38. Christmas lights malfunctioned. Fire went up into eaves of building – then into roof area. Companies had 4 lines in service. Fire is now under control. M/A covers being released. [EAN3386/EAN3305]. 3:24a.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: 75-1720 at 560 Blake Ave. near Dumont Ave. BC44 reports fire in a 6-story 100x100 building on the 2nd floor. (2) 10-45’s Code 2. [MNS62]. 3:37a.m.
· Update – BROOKLYN, NY: 7-5 Box 1720 at 560 Blake Ave. Fire #2 floor of a 6-story brick occupied multiple dwelling. (2) 10-45’s (Code 2). Additional searches negative. Fire under control b/o DIV-15. [EAN43]. 3:45a.m.
· Working fire – HUNDTINGTON MANOR, NY: at 19 9th Ave x W. 11th St. 2-story vacant private dwelling. Searches negative. Arson, LIPA responding. [MNS47]. 3:47a.m.
· Update – BROOKLYN, NY: 75-1720 at 560 Blake Ave near Dumont Ave. DIV-15 reports a total of 3 10-45 Code 2’s and an additional 2 injuries going to Brookdale Hospital. Fire under control. [MNS62]. 4:14a.m.
· BRONX, NY: All Hands – Box 3132 at 2020 Honeywell Ave. Fire in a 3-story brick 20x50 vacant building. 2 handlines & 1 Tower Ladder in operation. [EAN100]. 6:53a.m.
· BRONX, NY: 75-3132 at 2020 Honeywell Ave. x E 179th St. Fire on all floors of a 3-story brick 20x50 vacant building. L27 FAST. 1 TL in operation & 3 handlines from exposure buildings. Has partial collapse of building. D7 has S/C additional Tower Ladder to 178th St. side. (TL41). [MNS342]. 7:11a.m.
· Working fire – HUNTINGTON MANOR (SUFFOLK Co.), NY: 7 Mohegan x Winnoka & Pulaski. Chimney fire with extension into home. HMFD on scene and operating. [MNS125]. 7:37a.m.
· STLFN: (delayed from 0530hrs) – WASHINGTON PARK (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: Washington Park FD was on scene of a rekindle of last night’s fire @ 1817 N. 59th St. Caseyville FD and State Park FD responded M/A. Companies Truck 300, Engine 248, 512, 515. [STL 835]. 7:43a.m.
· HUNTINGTON MANOR, NY: Update – 19 9th Ave. x W. 11th St. 1 line stretched operating. Truck is opening up. Ladder to the roof. Second re-tone for manpower. Command requests thermal camera to scene. [MNS125]. 7:46a.m.
· *5-5-5-5* It is with regret to announce the line of duty death of Firefighter Adam Rand of SQ288 from injuries sustained @ MANHATTAN 55-8087 9/11/01. Rest in peace. [MNS-OFFICE]. 8:12a.m.
· BRONX, NY: All Hands Box 4494 at 2049 Bartow Ave. Fire in a 1-story 40x20 Taxpayer. DWH. [EAN100]. 8:15a.m.
· Update – BRONX, NY: Box 3132 at 2020 Honeywell Ave. Fire is under control with prolonged operations due to partial collapse & building stability. [EAN100]. 8:16a.m.
· BRONX, NY: 75-4494 at 2094 Bartow Ave near Ashloop (Coop City). Taxpayer 40x20. L54 FAST. [MNS-30*IAP]. 8:19a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD *1st Alarm* on arrival @ 3707 Aldine x Spring. Fire on the 1st & 2nd floors of a 2-story brick building. PUMPERS: 17-30-8-5, HL2, BC801/805, SQD-1. [STL899]. 8:47a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update – STLFD’s *1st Alarm* @ 3707 Aldine x Spring. BC801 reports an occupied 2-story brick building. Fire is under control. Primary search negative. Strike out the 1st Alarm. *FINAL* [STL899]. 8:53a.m.
· STLFN: (Overnight – 0314hrs) – ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD had a *1st Alarm* building fire @ 4400 McPherson. At least 1 line off. NFI. [STL899]. 8:56a.m.
· KANSAS CITY, MO: Pin-In Crash/Haz-Mat @ Benton & Truman for the overturned Tanker Truck. Driver pinned, approx. ¾ of the Gasoline Tanker Spilled. 2 Foam lines in use at this time. This will be an extended operation. P10, P24, T3, R1, R9, CAR101, 102, 104. [KCFN-02]. 9:38a.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: Working fire – Box 962 at 330 E. 63rd St. Fire in the kitchen on the 6th floor of an occupied multiple dwelling. [MNS-30*IAP]. 9:44a.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: 75-962 at 330 E. 63rd St. near 1st Ave. 7-story 200x100 occupied multiple dwelling – kitchen fire in Apt. 6C on the 6th floor. L35 FAST. EMS treating 2 civilians with smoke. [MNS-30*IAP]. 9:49a.m.
· Update – MANHATTAN, NY: 75-962 at 330 E. 63rd St. 7-story occupied multiple dwelling with fire 6th floor. 1 line runs. PWH. [MNS-30-IAP]. 9:51a.m.
· Working fire – PROVIDENCE, RI: Area of 100 Julian St. Structure fire. S/C for additional Engine & Ladder. Relocations in progress. [TAC9-C51]. 10:05a.m.
· WINFIELD (UNION Co.), NJ: *Working fire* 77 Wadecrest. Fire in a 2.5-story frame. 3 lines operating. M/A on the scene. [EAN10 O/S *EAN388*EAN301]. 10:09a.m.
· MADISON TWP. (CLARK Co.), OH: Madison Twp. Fire/EMS *2nd Alarm Equiv.* 12586 Xenia-London Rd. 2-story single family dwelling well involved. M/A from Harmony, Stokes, Central Twps. [FPO/D320] ©. 10:15a.m.
· *Update & Correction* WINFIELD PARK (UNION Co.), NJ: Working fire at 79 Wavecrest. Fire 1st & 2nd floors of a 2-story wood frame dwelling. Fire knocked down & under control. [EAN301/388//EAN10]. 10:20a.m.
· Update – Working fire(+) PROVIDENCE, RI: Area of 100 Julian St. Fire in a 3-story wood frame occupied multiple dwelling. Companies had heavy fire showing on arrival. S/C for a 2nd Tower Ladder. [TAC9-C51]. 10:26a.m.
· LAKEWOOD (OCEAN Co.), NJ: *Working fire* River & Chestnut. Fire in a Trailer. [EAN27/EAN434]. 10:34a.m.
· Update – LAKEWOOD (OCEAN Co.), NJ: *Working fire* River Avenue & Chestnut Street. Command reporting fire knocked down. Fire was in a Trailer with extension to nearby equipment. County Fire Marshal’s Office requested. [EAN434/EAN27]. 10:48a.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: Still & Box Alarm at 38th & Normal. Fire in a 1-story Factory 100x100 with pallets in rear – some extension inside. [CHGO-1]. 10:56a.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: Update on the Still & Box Alarm @ 38th & Normal. (2) stacks of pallets 20’ high 300x300 with some extension into Factory building. 3 lines working. [CHGO-1]. 11:07a.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: Update – Still & Box Alarm @ 420 W. 38th St. (corrected address) has been struck out b/o 2-2-1. [CHGO-1]. 11:12a.m.
· QUEENS, NY: Working fire – Box 4542 at 53-71 72nd Place. Reported fire in a Church. NIF. [MNS-30]. 11:31a.m.
· QUEENS, NY: 75-4542 at 53-71 72nd Place. near Grand Ave. Church fire. L-163 FAST. BN-46. [MSN-30]. 11:35a.m.
· SUNDERLAND (CALVERT Co.), MD: Serious Departmental MVA with double entrapment & double Medevac on Dalrymple Rd & Ray Rd. Railroad Police involved head on in tree. Both trapped. Major damage to cruiser. [DC8]. 11:38a.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: 75-4542 at 53-71 72nd Place. near Grand Ave. 2.5-story wood frame 50x100 Church. Electrical fire in basement. Request CON-ED. 2 lines run. 1 in operation. S/C Engine & Truck. BN-46. [MNS-30]. 11:39a.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: 75-4542 at 53-71 72nd Place. near Grand Ave. 2.5-story wood frame Church. E-319, L138 special called. 2 lines in operation. Request NYPD for traffic. DIV-14. [MNS-30]. 11:44a.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: 75-4542 AT 53-71 72nd Place. near Grand Ave. All visible fire knocked down. Primary searches negative. PWH. DIV-14. [MNS-30]. 12:02p.m.
· BRONX, NY: 75-3194 on arrival at 2244 Morris Ave. near 182nd St. 6-story brick “H” type occupied multiple dwelling 100x75. Fire top floor out 1 window. S/C Engine/Truck, (E-43/L-59), L-37 FAST. [MNS-30]. 12:10p.m.
· BRONX, NY: All Hands – Box 3194 at 2244 Morris Ave. Fire showing out 1 window on top floor of a 6-story brick 100x75 “H” type occupied multiple dwelling. Reports of people trapped. S/C additional Engine & Truck. [EAN100]. 12:10p.m.
· Update – BRONX, NY: All Hands – Box 3194 at 2244 Morris Ave. 1 line stretched out. Getting water on the fire at this time. 2nd line being stretched. Primary search in fire Apartment negative. [EAN100]. 12:16p.m.
· Update – BRONX, NY: All Hands – Box 3194 at 2244 Morris Ave. 2 lines stretched operating. Fire is darkening down. Unable to conduct Primary search in fire room at this time. Repositioning TL to front of building. Trucks opening roof. Fire is in the “A” wing. Still DWH. [EAN100]. 12:20p.m.
· Update – BRONX, NY: 75-3194 at 2244 Morris Ave near 182nd St. 6-story brick 100x75 “H” type occupied multiple dwelling. Fire top floor “A” wing. 2 lines in operation. Visible fire knocked down. No extension to cockloft. Fire is PWH. DIV-7. [MNS-30]. 12:24p.m.
· NEW ORLEANS, LA: *MVA-PIN* under the Earhart Expressway & Magnolia. Pick-up truck fell from elevated roadway. 1 male possibly DOA inside upside down vehicle. [NOLA]. 12:31p.m.
· WEST ISLIP (SUFFOLK Co.), NY: *Chimney fire* 37 Wavecrest x Burt. Chief on scene request Truck Co. to ladder building. [MNS125/95]. 12:55p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: All Hands – Box 733 at 1117 Willoughby Ave. fire showing from the top floor of a 3-story frame occupied multiple dwelling. Fire extended into cockloft. L-111 is the FAST Truck. S/C for an additional Engine & Truck. [EAN100]. 1:05p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: 75-733 Willoughby near Wilson Aves. Fire in a 3-story frame occupied multiple dwelling. Main body of fire knocked down. PWH. [MNS19]. 1:11p.m.
· GUSTAVUS TWP. (TRUMBULL Co.), OH: *2nd Alarm* 7826 SR. 193. Barn fire – fully involved. Tanker Shuttle in progress. 10 M/A Depts. [FPO256/D217] ©. 2:17p.m.
· GLADSTONE (CLAY Co.), MO: Working structure fire @ 100 NE 74th Terrace x Main St. M/A from KCFD P40, T12, CAR 108. [KCFN-02]. 2:43p.m.
· MFN: BALTIMORE, MD: Building fire *Working Fire Dispatch* at 1207 N. Woodington Rd. Box 53-8. E-53 reports a working fire on arrival. BC-3 reports a 2-story brick occupied Apartment building with fire on the 1st floor. [MFN-5]. 2:49p.m.
· Update – BALTIMORE, MD (53-8): Working fire in an occupied Apartment building at 1207 N. Woodington Rd. BC-3 reports a 2-story occupied Apartment building with fire on the 1st floor. Fire knocked down. Searches negative. [DC/BMD/E*23]. 3:09p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: All Hands – Box 1474 at 4219 8th Ave. Fire in a 1st floor store of a 3-story brick building with apartments above. 1 line stretched operating. DWH. [EAN100]. 3:19p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: 7-5 Signal Box 1474 at 4221 8th Ave. Fire in a 3-story non-fire proof, 1 line runs, 2nd being stretched. All Companies working. [EAN43]. 3:21p.m.
· Update – BROOKLY, NY: 7-5 Box 1474 at 4221 8th Ave. & 43rd St. Fire #1 floor of a 3-story brick mixed occupied building 25x50. 2 lines run. Searches negative. Fire PWH b/o BATT-40. [EAN100/EAN43]. 3:29p.m.
· STLFN: BELLEVILLE (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: East Side FD is on scene of a house fire @ 2520 Antiquity Lane. Light smoke showing on arrival. Swansea FD on scene assisting. Companies: Engine 410, 171 and Truck 406. [STL 835]. 3:44p.m.
· *Working fire* WEST PATERSON (PASSAIC Co.), NJ: 172 Meriline Ave. Fire #2 floor of an unknown type structure. Possibly a Condo. EMS for 2 victims. [EAN301/EAN322]. 4:47p.m.
· WINSLOW TWP. (CAMDEN Co.), NJ: Working fire at 26 Wilton Way. Engine Co. 2571 arriving has a 2-story wood frame with smoke showing. Going into service, next due dropping supply line. [EAN3305]. 4:55p.m.
· BRONX, NY: Working fire – Box 2697 at 2338 Turnbull Ave. Building fire. L50 FAST. [MNS-30]. 5:32p.m.
· BRONX, NY: 75-2687 at 2338 Trunbull Ave. near Havenmeyer Ave. Building fire. BN-20. [MNS-30]. 5:36p.m.
· Update – BRONX, NY: 75-2697 at 2338 Turnbull Ave. near Havenmeyer Ave. 2-story frame 25x75 private dwelling. 2 lines in operation. L-50 FAST. BN-20. [MNS-30]. 5:38p.m.
· QUEENS, NY: 75-7583 21-16 35th St. near Ditmas Blvd. 5-story brick 100x100 occupied multiple dwelling. Visible fire knocked down. L-116 FAST. BN-49. [MNS-30]. 5:43p.m.
· QUEENS, NY: 75-4453 at 142-10 Cherry Ave. Fire in a dwellings. Aided in distress 2nd floor. S/C E289, L138, L152, FAST, BN-52. [MNS-30]. 5:57p.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: 75-4453 at 142-10 Cherry Ave. near Bowne St. 2-story frame 20x40 private dwelling. Fire 1st/2nd floors. 2 lines run, 1 in operation. BN-52. [MNS-30]. 6:00p.m.
· OAKLYN (CAMDEN Co.), NJ: *Working fire* 25 E. Bettlewood Ave. Companies have heavy smoke on the 1st floor of an unknown size Apartment building. Companies in service. [EAN3386/EA3305]. 6:20p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: @ 2678 Ocean Ave. BN-33 has 1 10-45 Code 3 aided with smoke inhalation. [MNS-30]. 6:44p.m.
· Update – BROOKLYN, NY: at 2678 Ocean Ave. near Ave “W”. The 1 10-45 Code 3 from Apt.5B aided with smoke inhalation a 7-story brick 100x100 occupied multiple dwelling. BN33 [MNS-30]. 7:06p.m.
· DIX HILLS (SUFFOLK Co.), NY: Working fire #601 Caledonia Rd. x Dix Hills Rd. Chief on scene advising heavy smoke condition. Reported bedroom fire. NFI. [MNS270]. 7:16p.m.
· Update – DIX HILLS (SUFFOLK Co.), NY: Working fire #601 Caledonia Rd. Confirmed bedroom fire. 1 line stretched and operating. Ventilation in progress. [MNS 197/270/27]. 7:22p.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: 75-1258 at 110 E. 99th St. near Lexington Ave. 14-story 100x100 occupied multiple dwelling. Fire 3rd floor. (1) 10-45 No Code b/o BN-10. [MNS-30]. 7:21p.m.
· Update – MANHATTAN, NY: 75-1258 at 110 E. 99th St. near Lexington Ave. 14-story 100x100 occupied multiple dwelling. The 10-45 is a Code 2. BN-10 [MNS-30]. 7:29p.m.
· Update – MANHATTAN, NY: 7-5 Box 1258 at 110 E. 99th St. EMS requested ALS forthwith for the 10-45 who has now been removed. Fire is PWH b/o DIV-3. [EAN100/EAN43]. 7:38p.m.
· INDEPENDENCE, MO: Working house fire @ Waldo x Main St. Reported as a 1-story frame – fully involved. P4, P3, P1, T1, R1, Chief 5/10. [KCFN-02]. 7:48p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: 75-1215 at 805 8th Ave. near 9th St. 4-story brick occupied multiple dwelling 20x60 with fire on the 1st floor. BN-48. [MNS-30]. 7:50p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: 75-1550 at 80 Clarkson Ave. near Bedford. 6-story brick 100x75 occupied multiple dwelling with fire on the 3rd floor. L-174 FAST BN-41. [MNS-30]. 7:51p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: 7-5 Signal box 1215 at 805 8th Ave near 9th St. Fire #1 floor in a 4-story occupied multiple dwelling. 2 lines run. [EAN43]. 7:52p.m.
· Update – BROOKLYN, NY: 75-1550 at 80 Clarkson Ave. 6-story occupied multiple dwelling. DIV-15 1 10-45 Code 3. [MNS-30]. 7:54p.m.
· HARFORD Co., MD: *Working fire* attached garage at 3904 West Chapel Rd. (Co.#1 – Level VFC) Chief-1 reports a 1-story rancher with a working fire in an attached garage. [DC/BMD/E*23]. 8:09p.m.
· MFN: HARFORD Co., MD: Dwelling fire – Box 1-40 (Level). West Chapel Rd. Command reporting a working fire. Crews laying 5” line in the street. [MFN-1]. 8:12p.m.
· Working fire – TOWNSEND, MA: on Highland Street. OIC reports a house fire. C108 [TAC9-C302]. 8:22p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a working house fire @ 6702 Pennsylvania x Haven. Fire showing from a 1-story frame. 1 line off. PUMPERS: 23-34-19, BC804. [STL810]. 8:28p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update – STLFD’s working fire at 6702 Pennsylvania. Fire showing from a 1-story frame. One line off. BC804 reports Companies are conducting a primary search. PWH. [STL810]. 8:31p.m.
· STLFN: LAKE ST. LOUIS (ST. CHARLES Co.), MO: Lake St. Louis FPD *1st Alarm* @ Shell Gas Station, 1001 Lake St. Louis Blvd. Car Wash fire with smoke showing on arrival. 1 line off. [STL899]. 8:51p.m.
· STLFN: Update – ST. CHARLES Co., MO: Lake St. Louis FPD’s *1st Alarm* @ Shell Gas Station, 1001 Lake St. Louis Blvd. Car wash fire. 2 supply lines laid. All Hands working. Fire under control. Move-ups made. [STL899]. 9:02p.m.
· TABERNACLE TWP. (BURLINGTON Co.), NJ: *2nd Alarm* 1496 Rt.206. Fire in a private dwelling. Requesting Tanker Task Force 1 with the Second Alarm. [EAN100]. 9:44p.m.
· Update – TABERNACLE TWP. (BURLINGTON Co.), NJ: *2nd Alarm* 1496 Rt.206. S/C for an additional Engine as well as several BLS Units. Size-up now changed to a Commercial building “Ceramic Tile & Marble.” Building is heavily involved and fire is DWH. [EAN100]. 9:54p.m.
· Working fire – TUFTONBORO, NH: 26 Center Lodge Road. OIC reports a structure fire. [TAC9-C302]. 9:56p.m.
· Update – TABERNACLE TWP. (BURLINGTON Co.), NJ: *2nd Alarm* 1496 Rt.206. S/C for an additional Ladder from Berlin (Camden Co.). Numerous move-ups in progress for cover. [EAN3305/EAN100]. 10:08p.m.
· Update – TABERNACLE TWP. (BURLINGTON Co.), NJ: *2nd Alarm* 1496 Rt.206. Command reports power lines down. Heavy fire in front of the building extending to rear portion which is a 1.5-story block construction. Fire is very DWH. Setting up large diameter hose relay into fire scene. [EAN3305/EAN100]. 10:11p.m.
· Update – TABERNACLE TWP. (BURLINGTON Co.), NJ: *2nd Alarm* 1496 Rt.206. Command requesting NJFFS to the scene. Fire is extending into the woods on the “B” side of the building. Also requests Power Company forthwith for live wires arcing in the street. Fire remains very DWH. [EAN3305/EAN100]. 10:16p.m.
· Update – TABERNACLE TWP. (BURLINGTON Co.), NJ: *2nd Alarm* 1496 Rt.206. Command now requesting a 2nd Alarm Tanker Task Force about the original 2nd Alarm. All Tankers going in for cover – now requested to the scene. Fire remains DWH. [EAN3305/100]. 10:19p.m.
· Update – TABERNACLE TWP. (BURLINGTON Co.), NJ: *2nd Alarm with additional 2nd Alarm Tanker Task Force to 1496 Rt.206. Fire in a 1 & 2 story brick 80x120 Commercial building, Ceramic Tile & Marble. Heavy fire conditions. Several T/L’s & large handlines in operation. Fire extending to woods. S/C NJFFS. [EAN3320/3305/100]. 10:31p.m.
· ELMONT (NASSAU Co.), NY: working fire at 244 Gotham Ave. Fire in a 2-story private dwelling. [MNS432/433/434]. 10:32p.m.
· Update – ELMONT, NY: Working fire at 244 Gotham Ave. M/A Franklin Square FAST Team to the scene. Valley Stream 1 Ladder, Stewart Manor 1 Engine to stand by. [MNS432/433/434]. 10:35p.m.
· TABERNACLE (BURLINGTON Co.), NJ: **3rd Alarm** 1496 Rt.206. This is a 1 & 2 story 80x120 Carpet building – heavily involved at this time. Have exposure into the woods. NJSFF’s requested as well as Tankers from 3 Counties and Engines with large diameter hose. Fire is very DWH. [EAN100 3620, 3305]. 10:41p.m.
· Update – ELMONT, NY: Working fire at 244 Gotham Ave. Main body of fire knocked down. Fire is Signal 12 (PWH). Additional M/A Franklin Square 1 AMB to stand-by EFD HQ. Request Fire Marshal to location. [MNS432/433]. 11:10p.m.
*** FirePage Ohio® Report for 12/05/01 to 12/08/01 ***
FirePage Ohio® covers all of Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, Northern Kentucky and we will soon add Eastern Indiana and the City of Indianapolis. As of January 1st, 2002, we will be sending all of our incident notifications via email, so if you carry an alphanumeric pager, PDA or cell phone, and that device has an email address, we can get the information to you.
For additional information, you can contact us at our office, (937) 399-4197, email us at email@example.com or visit our web site at http://www.firepageohio.com.
If you'd like to report an incident, please call our hotline number: 1-888-342-0143, and leave a message. Please make sure you include your name and a call back number.
This report is complied by FirePage Ohio® Dispatcher Scott Berringer ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
December 5, 2001
Avon (Lorain): FATAL MVA I-90 @ SR 611. 2 car head-on MVA. 1 Cricital victim. 1 DOA. FPO/D700 ©
Columbus: (Delayed from 0800) W/F 2586 South High St. Fully involved Mobile Home. FPO/D217 ©
Columbus: W/F Mooberry & Miller. Cos: Eng 2, 3, Lad 2, Res2cuE, Med 2, BN 1. Attic fire in 2.5 sty SFD. FPO/D217 ©
Euclid (Cuyahoga): 3rd Alarm EMS Box # 1319 MVA/MVI I-90 WB @ Euclid Rd. Command requesting At least 10-12 EMS units to scene. At least 32 injured. FPO/D703 ©
Euclid (Cuyanoga): 3rd Alarm EMS Box # 1319 MVA/MCI I-90 WB @ Euclid Rd. 2 School Bus MVA. 50+ transported to local hospitals with monir injuries. FPO/700/D703 ©
Columbus: W/F 537 Bonham Ave. FPO/D217 ©
Columbus: W/F 537 Bonham Ave. BN 3 reports fire K/D. Holding Eng 1, 7, BN 3. FPO/D217 ©
Columbus: W/F 1507 East 26th Ave. FPO/D217 ©
Dayton: W/F 1942 West Grand Ave. Well Involved Structure. Cos: Eng 9, 13, 4, Lad 13, 14, West 3. Command requesting 2 Engines to be staged and the Air Wagon. FPO/D320 ©
Columbus: W/F 1507 East 26th Ave. Eng 16 reports fire K/D. Holding Eng 16, 18, 7, Lad 13, BN 2. FPO/D217 ©
Dayton: W/F 1942 West Grand Ave. Command reports fire K/D. Crews hitting hot spots. D P & L S/C'd. Holding all companies. FPO/D320 ©
Cleveland: W/F East 65 & Chambers. BC 2 reports a 2 sty SFD well involved. Cos: Eng 13, 33, Lad 11, Squad 1, & BC 2. Eng 26 - Worker. Lad 13 - RIT. FPO/D700 ©
Cleveland: W/F 2664 North Moreland Blvd. BC 5 reports heavy smoke & fire from a 4 sty brk apt bldg. Cos: Eng 41, 36, Lad 36, Squad 1, & BC 5. TAC 4 - Worker. Lad 10 - RIT. FPO/D700 ©
December 6, 2001
Walton Hills (Cuyahoga): W/F 7800 Summerset. Fully Involved Barn per WHPD. Maple Heights & Oakwood FDs enroute. FPO/D703 ©
Bellfontaine (Logan): (Delayed from 0240) W/F Twp Rd 32 & Twp Rd 200. Fully involved SFD. 4 injuries, 1 DOA. M/A West Liberty & DeGraff. FPO/1005*/D703 ©
Brunswick (Medina): W/F 3858 Mars Dr. Fire in SFD. M/A Strongsville (Cuyahoga) Eng 2626 & manpower. FPO/D703 ©
Brunswick (Medina): W/F 3858 Mars Dr. Fire K/D. M/A cancelled. FPO/D703 ©
Austintown (Mahoning): W/F 3975 Layerman Rd. Kitchen fire. Cos: Squad 55, 17, Lad 2, Sta 1, 2. FPO/D256 ©
December 7, 2001
Cincinnati: MVA/PIN I-75 SB Between Mitchell & I-74. Cos: Eng 38, Trk 20, Squad 52, Res 2, 46, Dist 3. FPO/1002/D703 ©
Cincinnati: MVA/PIN I-75 SB Between Mitchell & I-74. Ambo 19 on the card. 1 victim extricated. Dist 3 reports 1 add'l victim. Crews on scene for a short while. FPO/1002/D703 ©
Lyndhurst (Cuyahoga): W/F on Huron Rd. Fire in SFD. M/A entoure. Recall Off-duty FFs & Arson to scene. FPO/D703 ©
Columbus: W/F 3022 East 12th Ave. Cos: Eng 28, 8, Lad 8, Res16cuE, Med 20, BN 6. 1 sty SFD with smoke showing. FPO/D217 ©
Columbus: W/F 3022 East 12th Ave. Med 20 reports fire K/D. Holding Eng 8 & Lad 8. FPO/D217 ©
Liberty Twp (Delaware): MVA/TRAUMA US 23 Area. Sta 320, BN 391, & EMS units On scene. MedFlight S/C'd. Vehicle rollover. FPO/D276 ©
Liberty Twp (Delaware): MVA/TRAUMA US 23 Area. Victim with severe head trauma. LZ being set up. FPO/D276 ©
Liberty Twp (Delaware): MVA/TRAUMA US 23 Area. Cos: Med 321, 361, DelCo Med 6, Eng/Res 321, 361, Eng 391, EMS 462. MedFlight going to Childrens Hospital. FPO/249/D276 ©
Columbus: W/F 5th & Grant @ "Coated Fabrics'. Cos: Eng 18, 1, 9, 7, Lad 7, 13, Res16cuE, Med ??, BN 3, 1. FPO/D276 ©
Columbus: W/F 5th & Grant. 1 Aerial to the roof. Fire in duct work. Crews opening up. FPO/D276 ©
Columbus: W/F 5th & Grant. Lad 1 (Top Gun) up & flowing. Crews hitting hot spots on roof & duct work. EMS 11 & SO 2 on the card. Fire K/D. Holding all companies. FPO/D276 ©
Cleveland: W/F 13202 Union Ave. BC 5 reports a 2.5 sty SFD with heavy smoke showing. Cos: Eng 36, 41, Lad 36, Squad 1, & BC 5. Eng 11 - Worker. Lad 11 - RIT. FPO/D700 ©
Fletcher (Miami): W/F 7460 Alcony Conover Rd. Heavy fire in rear of SFD. M/A St Paris. FPO/1005/D703 ©
December 8, 2001
Fletcher (Miami): W/F 7640 Alcony Conover Rd. Add'l M/A from Casstown & Christiansburg FDs. FPO/1005/D703 ©
Morgan Hose (Ashtabula): MVA/PIN Car UNDER House with person pinned. Unknown location. LifeFlight # 4 (3122G) S/C'd. FPO/D703 ©
Upper Arlington (Franklin): W/F on Clermont Dr. Cos: Eng 71, 30 (Columbus), Lad 72, Res11cuE, Med 71, BN 71. Fire in SFD, possible people trapped. FPO/D276 ©
Upper Arlington (Franklin): W/F on Clermont Dr. Smoke showing from roof. Med 30, BN 7 on the card. Searches in progress. FPO/D276 ©
Upper Arlington (Franklin): W/F on Clermont Dr. Victim located in front yard. Med 7 on the card. Crews venting ATT. FPO/249/D276 ©
Upper Arlington (Franklin): W/F on Clermont Dr. Fire K/D. Holding all companies. Fire Prevention S/C'd. FPO/249/D276 ©
Streetsboro (Portage): W/F Turnpike Trailer Park. Mobile Home Fire. FPO/D703 ©
Columbus: W/F 53 1/2 East Como Ave. Cos: Eng 19, 13, 7, Lad 13, 24, Res16cuE, Med 19, BN 3, 7. 3 sty brk apt bldg. FPO/D217 ©
Columbus: W/F 53 1/2 East Como Ave. BN 3 reports fire K/D. Holding all companies. FPO/D217 ©
Fairborn (Greene): MVA/PIN I-675 @ Beavercreek Rd. Cos: Med 4, 3, Eng 4, BN 1. S/C Beavercreek Tactical Unit, WPAFB Res20cuE, Lad 4. FPO/1001/D703 ©
Erie, PA: W/F Box # 196 @ 2008 Raspberry. Cos: Eng 12, 6, 3, TL 1, DC 323. Eng 12 reports heavy smoke from rear of 2.5 sty SFD. S/C Eng 11, EMS 38. FPO/801/D703 ©
Erie, PA: W/F Box # 196 @ 2208 Raspberry. Fire U/C. Fire was in 1 sty bldg attached to 2.5 sty SFD. Was fully involved on arrival. DC 323 requesting FI 3. FPO/801/D703 ©
--- Pages for the week: 104
*** REPORT FROM THE LINE OF FIRE ***
Brooklyn, N.Y. 12/09/01 @ 16:15 hrs.
Sunset Park Section
address: 4221 8th. Ave.
between: 42nd. St. & 43rd. St.
1474 @ 16:12
Engs. 278, 282, 228, 201
Lads. 148, 114
Rescue Co. #2
Squad Co. #1
4 Engs. / 2 Tks. / Res. & Sqd. on the box, many calls.
10 - 75 - 1474 @ 16:17
Ladder 109 is designated as the "FAST" Truck
All - Hands:
7 - 5 - 1474 @ 16:20
Batt. 40 reports, Using all - hands for a fire in a 1st. floor store.
We have 1 - line stretched & operating. 2nd. line being stretched.
Fire is "Doubtful"
3 Story Brick 25 x 50
Exp. #1: Is a Street
Exp. #2: Is a Similar Type attach
Exp. #3: Is a Rear Yard
Exp. #4: Is a Similar Type attach
Batt. 40: Main body of fire is knocked down. Searches are still
in - progress. Fire is Still Doubtful.
Batt. 40: Main body of fire knocked down. Primary search thru
out is negative. Probably Will Hold.
Division 8: Secondary searches thru out is negative.
We'll go with UnderControl "K"
Division 8: E.M.S. is treating ( 4 ) injured civilians for minor
***BALTIMORE, MARYLAND FIRE HISTORY***
for December 9th:
1968: 5 Alarms - Box#6832 - 0038hrs - 3600 Block Leo St - Wagners Point (South Baltimore) - E-10 & T-28 were sent to investigate & found fire through the roof of the 1 story woodframe vacant Saint Adelberts Church Recreation Hall - Fire also involved trees & a field in the surrounding area - Residents of the 3600 block of Leo St were evacuated because of flying brands landing on the roof tops of nearby rowhouses - Fire also spread to the cornice of the 2 story brick Rectory which was also vacant - A 5th alarm was sounded @ 0059hrs when sparks lit off a field on the Shell Oil Company property - 1 firefighter from E-10 & 1 firefighter from T-28 were injured. (CHM1*TGA)
1968: 5 Alarms - Box#75 - 0947hrs - Braddish Ave & Baker St - Rosemont (Northwest Of Downtown) - Fire involved the 1 story brick 200x50 Central Products Company, a brakeshoe manufacturer - The building was totally involved & through the roof - (1) employee lost his life & (3) others were injured - This was formerly the C. Hoffberger Company. (TGA)
1975: Box#1722, Chester St & Fairmount Ave, Butchers Hill (East Baltimore), sounded @ 2014hrs for a small fire in a rowhouse @ 4 N Collington Ave, which was quickly extinguished - As T-15 was enroute to the call & crossing the intersection of Patterson Park Ave & Orleans St, a speeding car struck the right tiller wheel, causing the tire to blow out & the rig's axle to break - Tillerman Anthony Rose was hurled out of the tiller seat, landing under the tiller wheel which trapped him in a vice-like grip, dragging him 68' from the point of impact before sideswiping 2 parked cars - Lieutenant Kenneth E. Morris, Driver Clarence L. Pitz, Jr., & Firefighter John J. Summers attempted to extricate the injured firefighter, but to no avail - Rescue Co#1, T-1, & E-6, were special called to the scene to assist as Tillerman Rose was crying out in extreme pain when his leg was almost pulled off in the accident - Rescuers used a 50 ton capacity jack to lift the heavy ladder truck & free the the victim, who was pinned under the wheel for 22 minutes - Tillerman Rose was rushed to Johns Hopkins Hospital with severe injuries, including a dislocated hip, his right leg broken in several places, & a head injury - Lieutenant Morris & the 2 firefighters were also taken to the hospital & treated for shock, induced by frustration in not being able to free their comrade - The 25 year old driver of the striking car worked his way out of the wrecked vehicle, stood by a moment & then fled the scene during the ensuing confusion, but was arrested the next day & held in $5,000 bail - Doctors closely watched Tillerman Rose, 30, for several days, before deciding if the leg, shattered below the knee, could be saved - The leg was saved & he recovered nicely. (TUH)
George T. Ehrman
The Official Web Site For the Philadelphia Second Alarmers is now Up And Running for your viewing pleasure. Stop by and give us a look. Make sure to Sign the guest book.
Log On to---- http://www.AngelFire.com/pa3/SecondAlarmers
*** FireNet Group Of The Day: ***
(TCFN) Twin-Citywide Fire Notification Network - David Freedman
3970 Worchester Dr. E-MAIL: email@example.com
Eagan, MN. 55123 Minneapolis & St Paul Area
Special Thanks to everyone who contributes fire news. ALSO a BIG THANKS to ALL FireNet pager groups who provide St. Louis FireNet with fire info. For a listing of these groups and how you can get a fire pager please e-mail me at:
Box 8 Club of St. Louis Inc.
World Of Fire E-Mail:
SUBSCRIBE TO World Of Fire Daily Report at:
Subscribe via e-mail to: WOF_Reportfirstname.lastname@example.org
View working fires reports & pictures at:
Content Copyright © 1998-2001 - World Of Fire Report. All Rights Reserved
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)