Thread: World Of Fire Report: 12-10-01
12-13-2001, 07:35 AM #1
World Of Fire Report: 12-10-01
*** America's Fire Paging Notification Network ***
Local & National reports from pager notification networks around the U.S.
(All times are in Central Standard Time unless otherwise indicated)
Monday, December 10, 2001
· BROOKLYN, NY: 75-3959 at 250 Clarkson Ave. near Rogers Ave. BC41 reports fire on the 1st floor of a 6-story occupied multiple dwelling 100x75. [MNS62]. 2:15a.m.
· Update – BROOKLYN, NY: 7-5 Box 3959 at 250 Clarkson Ave. Fire in a compactor – 6 story brick occupied multiple dwelling. 2 lines run. Searches negative. S/C for an extra Engine & Truck. Fire PWH b/o DIV-15. [EAN43]. 2:42a.m.
· MANSFIELD TWP. (BURLINGTON Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm** 213 Petty Coat Rd. Companies have heavy fire in a dwelling. Southstar is on stand-by for a burn victim. [EAN3305]. 2:44a.m.
· PHILADELPHIA, PA: *Working fire* 4202 N. 7th St. BATT-Chief has a 2-story 18x45 dwelling with heavy fire 1st floor. All Companies in service. Reports of occupants trapped. Additional Medic en-route. [EAN3305]. 2:55a.m.
· Update – PHILADELPHIA, PA: *Working fire* 4202 N. 7th St. BATT-8 reports victims have been removed by Firefighters and are trauma transport. [EAN3305]. 3:06a.m.
· Update - PHILADELPHIA, PA: Box 2473 *Working fire* at 4202 N. 7th St. Medic Unit 22 en-route to trauma with an 18 year-old female and 31 year-old male – both jumped from 2nd floor of the dwelling. This fire believed to be a firebombing. BATT-8 reports primary searches are negative. Doing a secondary search at this time. Fire is in 3 dwellings. Fire is knocked down at this time. [EAN3305]. 3:13a.m.
· Update – PHILADELPHIA, PA: *Working fire* Box 2473 – Deputy Chief places the fire under control. Secondary search is negative. Fire Marshal 5 is en-route with Arson Dog. At least 3 houses were involved. House was a firebombing. [EAN3305]. 3:22a.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: 75-3722 adjacent to 257 East 45th St. near Lenox Rd. BC41 reports fire in a 3-story vacant frame. S/C for an additional Engine & Truck. DWH. [MNS62]. 3:45a.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: Clarkson Ave & Rogers Ave. L157 was involved in an MVA responding to All Hands Box 3722 @ 257 E. 45th St. near Lenox Rd. No injuries to Firefighters. [MNS62]. 3:50a.m.
· Update – BROOKLYN, NY: All Hands Box 3722 @ Lenox Rd. & E 45 St. 2-story frame 60x30 vacant Queen Anne. DIV-15 reports searches in progress. 2 lines run. [EAN2]. 3:53a.m.
· Update – BROOKLYN, NY: All-Hands Box 3722 @ Lenox Rd & E. 45th St. 2-story frame 60x30 vacant Queen Anne. DIV-15 reports all searches now negative. 10-41 Code 4 (suspicious fire/vacant building). Fire Marshals to respond. Fire under control. [EAN2]. 4:01a.m.
· MFN: BALTIMORE, MD: Apartment building in the 3600 block Spaulding Ave. (Box Alarm 46-9). E-46 (Lt. Farrell) reporting a 2-story middle of group with heavy fire showing 2nd floor. [MFN-5]. 5:17a.m.
· MFN-Update: BALTIMORE, MD: Occupied dwelling fire at 3611 Spaulding Ave. BC-5 reporting fire contained to the 2nd floor. Occupant is out. 2 lines stretched and working. Request Medic for an injured civilian. [MFN-5]. 5:28a.m.
· LAWRENCE TWP. (MERCER Co.), NJ: *Working fire* on Lawrence Station Rd. Reported heavy smoke showing on arrival. Command requested full Box Assignment. [EAN282/EAN434]. 5:38a.m.
· MFN-Final: BALTIMORE, MD: Occupied dwelling fire at 3611 Spaulding Ave. BC-5 placing the fire under control. Request a second Medic for an injured Firefighter. [MFN-5]. 5:40a.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: (0550hrs EST) 22-3542 *2nd Alarm + 10-77 (Hi-Rise Residential Assignment)* at 2920 W 21st St. Fire on the 7th floor of a 100x100, 12-story Project building. One 10-45 Code 3 (serious injury). All other searches negative. (2) lines in operation. Fire now under control. Job went PWH in 8 minutes. [EAN434]-[MFN342]. 5:41a.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: Still & Box Alarm fire @ 2414 N. Tripp b/o BN7. 2.5-story frame with fire on the 1st floor. 2 lines working. [CHGO-1/23/24/265]. 5:58a.m.
· *Final* LAWRENCE TWP. (MERCER Co.), NJ: *Working fire* - Fire now under control. Fire Marshal en-route. [EAN282/EAN434]. 6:01a.m.
· Update – CHICAGO, IL: Still & Box Alarm at 2414 N. Tripp. 2.5-story occupied frame 25x75 with fire on the 1st floor. 2 lines working so far. S/C 2 additional AMBO’s. [CHGO-1/23/24/265+]. 6:07a.m.
· MFN: ANNE ARUNDEL Co., MD: Building fire at Taco Bell Restaurant on Nursery Rd. Command (E-321 Capt. Hamer) requests the *All Hands* for a working fire. (MFN13) [MFN-1]. 6:37a.m.
· Working fire – BROCKTON, MA: Box-5231 at 81 Snell Ave. Companies report smoke showing from a 1.5-story wood frame. [TAC9-C67]. 7:24a.m.
· Update – Working fire – BROCKTON, MA: Box 5231 at 81 Snell Ave. Kitchen fire with extension to attic. Fire knocked down. [TAC9-C67]. 7:27a.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: Still & Box Alarm @ 5706 S. Emerald b/o BATT 18. 2.5-story 45x90 frame going good. [CHGO-03/02/15/145] ©. 7:45a.m.
· FRANKFORD TWP. (SUSSEX Co.), NJ: *Working fire* 23 Mill Lane. working fire in a private dwelling. [NJ9924/9933//EAN503]. 8:04a.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: Still & Box Alarm fire @ 5706 S. Emerald has been struck out b/o 2-2-5. 3 lines used. [CHGO-1/2/3/15]. 8:12a.m.
· STLFN: O’FALLON (ST. CHARLES Co.), MO: 700 Garden Path. Fire in the laundry room. Companies: 9114, 9134, 9512, 9142, Medic 5, 9100 responding. Command reports fire under control at this time. *FINAL* [STL 829]. 8:14a.m.
· *5-5-5-5* It is with regret to announce the Line Of Duty Death of Firefighter Gerard Dewan L3 from injuries sustained @ MANHATTAN, NY: 55-8087 WTC 9/11/01. Rest in peace. [MNS-OFFICE]. 8:21a.m.
· STLFN: ST. CHARLES City (ST. CHARLES Co.), MO: 2100 Campus Dr. Smoke in the building at the Headstart. Companies: 9554, 9542, 9450, 9524, Medic 3, 9502, 9400 responded. 9400 has Command. Smoke in the attic area. NFI-ATT. [STL 829]. 8:31a.m.
· QUEENS, NY: *Rescue* Box 7936 at 83-17 Broadway. A worker trapped in a concrete form. [MNS-30*IAP]. 8:32a.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: **Rescue** Box 7936 at 83-17 Broadway near Whinty Ave. Confined Space Rescue. 1 worker trapped, possible trench collapse with building evacuated. Rescue 3 & Collapse Unit responding with Rescue 2, BN-46. (MNS-88/125) [MNS-30*IAP]. 8:40a.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: *Rescue* Box 7936 at 83-17 Broadway. 1 worker removed & being packaged by EMS to be taken to local hospital. Unknown injuries. (MNS-88/125) [MNS-30*IAP]. 8:48a.m.
· LAGRANGE (DUTCHESS Co.), NY: *2nd Alarm* 342 Freedom Rd. Building fire. M/A requested to the scene and to cover. [EAN77/EAN388]. 9:29a.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: 75-1069 at 832 Washington Ave. near Lincoln Place. 4-story brick 25x60 basement fire. L122 FAST. S/C L113, BN-38. [MNS-30*IAP]. 9:52a.m.
· STLFN: DESOTO (JEFFERSON Co.), MO: DeSoto City FD *1st Alarm* Apartment fire at 509 N. 5th St. Smoke showing from the roof. 5700 Units + 5810, 6513, 6220. [STL810]. 10:55a.m.
· STLFN: (Overnight) – EAST ST. LOUIS (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: ESTLFD had a working fire @ 730 N. 85th St. House with fire thru the roof. Companies 424 & 426 responded. 1.75” lines used. Rekindle @ 0750hrs with fire thru roof again. [STL997-vm/899]. 11:30a.m.
· STLFN (0300hrs) – EAST ST. LOUIS (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: ESTLFD had a working fire @ 1400 St. Louis Ave. 1-story frame house with fire through the roof. 1.75” line worked. Companies 422 & 425 responded. [STL997-vm/899]. 11:33a.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: Working fire – Box 1743 at 661 W. 180th near Broadway. 6-story brick occupied multiple dwelling. [MNS-30*IAP]. 11:34a.m.
· STLFN: (0530hrs) – EAST ST. LOUIS (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: ESTLFD E-425 & 426 had a working fire @ 9th & Exchange Ave. 1-story frame house fully involved. 1.75” line worked. Fire under control @ 0830hrs. [STL997-vm/899@WRK]. 11:34a.m.
· LOUISVILLE (CLAY Co.), IL: North Clay First Responders responding to Iola. Subject has fallen from the water tower. [CIFN*7]. 11:36a.m.
· Update – MANHATTAN, NY: Working fire – Box 1743 at 661 W. 180th St. near Broadway. 6-story brick 35x75 occupied multiple dwelling. Fire 5th floor. L36 FAST. PWH. BN-13. [MNS-30*IAP]. 11:39a.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: CFD Working Still Alarm: BATT-4 @ 2604 W. Arthingtonm. 2-story frame vacant with 2 lines & all Companies working. [CHGO-7/259]. 12:15p.m.
· MILLTOWN (MIDDLESEX Co.), NJ: Working fire @ 42 Cleveland Ave. Structure fire. M/A to scene from E. Brunswick. [EAN100]. 12:19p.m.
· MFN: BALTIMORE, MD: Working dwelling fire at 742 N. Patterson Park Ave. Units reporting a 2-story brick row. Fire showing 2nd floor. Chopper 13 on location. [MFN-13]. 12:20p.m.
· 2nd Alarm on arrival – EPSOM, NH: 699 Suncook Valley Highway (Rt.28). A house fire. M/A responding. [TAC9-C101]. 12:49p.m.
· Update – MILLTOWN (MIDDLESEX Co.), NJ: Corrected address is 42 Riva Ave. Request Fire Marshal with 40 minute ETA. [EAN100]. 12:58p.m.
· NEWARK (ESSEX Co.), NJ: *Apparatus MVA* Truck 4 involved in an MVA with minor injuries on McCarter Hwy while responding to a call to assist Police. [EAN633/EAN100]. 1:03p.m.
· STLFN: ST. CHARLES City (ST. CHARLES Co.), MO: 3603 Deerfield St. Fire in the basement. Companies 9554, 9432, 9410, 9442, 9417, 9401 responded. Fire contained to the heat tape. *FINAL* [STL 829]. 1:12p.m.
· Working fire – ATTLEBORO, MA: 62 Garden St. Reported fire showing from the cellar of a house. [TAC9-C105]. 1:30p.m.
· Update – ATTLEBORO, MA: Working fire at 62 Garden St. OIC reports fire in cellar of a house. S/C for 1 Engine and 2 Rescues for a 10-45 Code 2. [TA9C-C105]. 1:39p.m.
· STLFN: BECKEMEYER (CLINTON Co.), IL: Beckemeyer FD working a gas tank explosion in “Fosters Salvage yard” in the area of Hwy 50 & Rt.127. Lots of junk on fire. M/A from 3 FD’s. [STL087-vm/899]. 1:42p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: Working fire – Box 235 on Hooper St. near Marcy. Fire in a 3-story dwelling. L104 FAST. BN-35. [MNS-30*IAP]. 1:54p.m.
· SOUTHFIELD (OAKLAND Co.), MI: *2nd Alarm* 19012 Silvercrest. Fire in a single family dwelling. Heavy fire in the basement. Urgent request for ventilation. [FNNM-1100]. 1:54p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: 75-235 on Hooper Street near Marcy Ave. 3-story dwelling. All visible fire knocked down. Primary search negative. PWH with the All Hands. BN-35. [MNS-30*IAP]. 1:59p.m.
· *2nd Alarm* SALISBURY MILLS (ORANGE Co.), NY: 2101 Rt.94 near Lake Dr. Fully involved structure fire. M/A from 3 towns to the scene. [MNS119/12]. 2:10p.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: Still & Box Alarm @ 342 W. 60th St. b/o BC18. Heavy fire in a 20x40, 2-story frame with exposure problems. [CHGO6/1/7/259] ©. 2:24p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: 75-1755 at 114 Van Siclind near Fulton. 4-story brick multiple dwelling with fire on the 1st floor. [MNS-30*IAP]. 2:34p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: All Hands – Box 1755 @ Van Siclen Ave & Fulton St. 4-story brick 25x50 unknown type of building. Fire #1 floor. DWH. [EAN2]. 2:34p.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: The Still & Box Alarm @ 342 W. 60th Place has been struck out b/o of 2-2-5. [CHGO6/1/7/151/259] ©. 2:35p.m.
· Update: BROOKLYN, NY: All Hands – Box 1755 @ Van Siclen Ave. & Fulton St. 4-story brick 25x50 with fire #1 floor. BATT-44 reports searches negative. This fire is PWH. [EAN2]. 2:37p.m.
· SEVERN (NORTHUMBERLAND Co.), PA: 2nd Alarm at 815 W. Market St. Heavy smoke showing from a dwelling. [DC/PA1]. 2:46p.m.
· UPPER DARBY (DELAWARE Co.), PA: *Working fire* 326 Clearbrook. Command has fire in a dwelling. [EAN3305]. 2:46p.m.
· PATTERSON (PASSAIC Co.), NJ: *Working fire* 199 Carrol St. Fire in a Project type building. [EAN301]. 2:46p.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: Working Still Alarm @ 8055 S. Avalon. BC23 reporting a 1.5-story frame 35x50 with 2 lines working. S/C AMBO for 1 victim. [CHGO6/259] ©. 4:22p.m.
· MOUNT LAUREL TWP. (BURLINGTON Co.), NJ: 714 Cornwallis Drive. *Working fire* in a dwelling. FAST Team & move-ups in progress. [EAN51]. 5:11p.m.
· YONKERS (WESTCHESTER Co.), NY: *Working fire* 14 Williams St. Building fire. NFI. [MNS-30*IAP]. 5:20p.m.
· Update – YONKERS (WESTCHESTER Co.), NY: All Companies working at 14 Williams St. 2.5-story frame. BC-1 reports fire knocked down. Companies checking for extensions. Request Arson and Red Cross to the scene. [MNS 30/111]. *FINAL* 5:33p.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: Still Alarm – BN22 has a fire at 220 9th Place. 2.5-story vacant frame 25x50. 2 lines working. Engine 93/62, Truck 24/27, 2-7-4. [CHGO-1/24/259+]. 5:34p.m.
· UPPER DARBY (DELAWARE Co.), PA: Working fire in the 8800 block West Chester Park. Fire in a 3-story building. Stores on #1 floor. Possible residential on 2 and 3 floors. Companies in service opening up. Still have smoke showing. [EAN3305]. 5:52p.m.
· EDISON TWP., NJ: Working fire – 49 Stoney Rd. Working house fire. Additional Ladder special called. [EAN10]. 6:25p.m.
· Update – EDISON TWP., NJ: Working fire at 49 Stony Rd. Fire through the roof of a private dwelling. Additional Engine & Ladder to the scene. [EAN10]. 6:28p.m.
· Update – EDISON TWP., NJ: Working fire at 49 Stony Rd. Fire knocked down. All Companies working. [EAN388//EAN10]. 6:40p.m.
· BALTIMORE Co., MD: Dwelling fire at 2409 Molten Way (Box 3-18). Command reporting a kitchen fire in a row home. Crews opening the roof at this time. Crews checking exposures for possible extension. [MFN-1]. 7:02p.m.
· WASHINGTON TWP. (GLOUCESTER Co.), NJ: *Working fire* 2 Sawyer Ct. Companies have heavy fire in a 2-story single-family dwelling. Numerous 2.5” and 1.75” handlines in service. 2 BLS to scene. [EAN5045/EAN3305]. 7:07p.m.
· All Companies working – LOWELL, MA: 27 Meadowcroft Rd. Fire in a cellar of a house. [TAC9-C105]. 7:16p.m.
· Working fire – SPRINGFIELD, MA: 199 Corona Street. Reported garage fire. Now reported knocked down. PWH. CT80 [TAC9-C20]. 7:21p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a working fire @ Utah & Oregon. 1 line off on a 1-story brick building. PUMPERS: 32-14-1, BC804. [STL899]. 7:34p.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: Still & Box Alarm fire @ 5939 Honore b/o Engine Company #116. [CHGO-24/1+] ©. 7:35p.m.
· WEST ISLIP (SUFFOLK Co.), NY: Working fire 13/35, area of Briarwood Ct. Fire in a private dwelling. [MNS432/433]. 7:46p.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: 2-11 Alarm fire @ 5937/39/41 Honore b/o 2-2-5. He has 3 1.5-story frames all going. [CHGO-24/1+/15+] ©. 7:49p.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: The 2-11 Alarm fire @ 5937/39/41 Honore has been Struck Out b/o 2-2-5. 7 lines worked. [CHGO-24/1+/6+/15+/150$/151+/262+] ©. 8:00p.m.
· Working fire – PLAINFIELD (UNION Co.), NJ: 735 Park Ave. Structure fire. M/A Truck Company from S. Plainfield. [EAN322]. 8:24p.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: Working fire at 582 at Chelsea Piers, Pier 59 W. 18th St. x 11th Ave. Smoke condition in 2nd floor Photo Studio of a 2-story class 3 120x650 complex of 4 buildings. B7 reports unable to locate cause of smoke. L21 FAST. [MNS342 IAP]. 8:24p.m.
· Update – WEST ISLIP (SUFFOLK Co.), NY: Working fire at Briarwood Ct. Main body of fire knocked down. Fire is under control. [MNS432/STAFF]. 8:28p.m.
· MFN: BALTIMORE, MD: *2nd Alarm* Apartment fire * Box 11-5 at 6104 East Pratt Street off Mason Lord Drive. Command reporting fire showing. 2nd Alarm sounded on arrival. [MFN1]. 8:37p.m.
· MFN-Update: BALTIMORE, MD: *2nd Alarm* building fire at 6104 East Pratt St. Command had reported fire under control. Now reporting they have heavy fire back on the 1st floor. FIB en-route. All searches negative. [MFN-1]. 8:37p.m.
· ASBURY PARK (MONMOUTH Co.), NJ: 1235 Monroe. *Fire bombing* 911 caller advising house has been fire bombed! [EAN200]. 8:54p.m.
· ASHBURY PARK (MONMOUTH Co.), NJ: Update – 1235 Monroe Ave. PD requests County Prosecutors Office & Fire Marshal to the scene. [EAN200]. 9:07p.m.
· WARREN (MACOMB Co.), MI: **2nd Alarm Equiv.** 22349 Groesbeck. Auto Salvage/Recycling building. Heavy fire in commercial building. Roof operations – now abandoned – evacuation signal by air horns. Company headcount completed – all okay. Fire now through the roof. [FNNM-510]. 9:14p.m.
· STLFN: (18:30hrs) – BELLEVILLE (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: East Side FD was on scene of a fire in the Welding Shop @ Southwestern Illinois College, 2500 Carlyle Ave. Fire was in the air vents of the welding shop. Swansea FD responded M/A. Companies: Engine 410, 171 & Truck 406. Fire was under control @ 20:30hrs. [STL835*/STL899]. 9:44p.m.
· Chicago FireHISTORY: Dec 7, 1940: Truck 21 & BTN 13 to new quarters at 1501 W. School St. *Dec 8, 1894 ENGINE 77 organized at 1222 S. Komensky. *Dec 9, 1872 ENGINE 14 to new quarters at 509 W. Chicago Ave. which replaced house destroyed in the Chicago Fire; then ENGINE 20 organized at 1318 Rawson (Concord Pl.) temp quarters of Engine 14. *Dec 9, 1893 TRUCK 26 organzied at 4002 W. Wilcox. *Dec 9, 1936 ENGINE 54 & TRUCK 20 to new quarters at 7101 S. Parnell. [CHGO-18]. 10:08p.m.
· QUEENS, NY: 75-5252 at Hillside Ave & 183rd St. Fire in a 1-story Commercial building. Extra Engine & Truck. [MNS432]. 10:17p.m.
· QUEENS, NY: *2nd Alarm* Box 5252 at Hillside Ave x 183rd St. fire in a 1-story Commercial building. [MNS432]. 10:18p.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: *2nd Alarm* Box 5252 at Hillside Ave. & 183rd St. BATT-50 reports fire in a corner Bodega of a 1-story Commercial building. No dimensions as of yet. Request for an extra Tower Ladder to location. [MNS432]. 10:21p.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: 2nd Alarm – Box 5252 at 182-46 Hillside Ave. & 183rd St. DIV-13 reports have located the seat of the fire and are making progress. Fire is in a 1-story 75x50 Taxpayer “L” shaped Commercial building. [MNS432]. 10:30p.m.
· DETROIT (WAYNE Co.), MI: *2nd Alarm* @ Van Dyke & Hollywood. Fire in a Commercial building. [FNNM-608,16]. 10:34p.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: 7-5 Signal Box 1596 at 87 Hamilton Place. Fire in the boiler room of a 7-story brick occupied multiple dwelling. 1 line runs. [EAN43]. 10:34p.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: *2nd Alarm* Box 5252 at 182-46 Hillside Ave. x 183rd St. DIV-13 reports main body of fire knocked down. Primary & secondary searches negative. Fire is PWH. Returning all Special Units & Satellite. [MNS432]. 10:38p.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: 75-1596 at 87 Hamilton x 141st Street. Fire in a 7-story occupied multiple dwelling 80x75. [MNS432]. 10:43p.m.
· Update - DETROIT, MI: *2nd Alarm* at Van Dyke & Hollywood. Fire in a building 100x150 going good. Will hold to a 2nd Alarm. [FNNM-608]. 10:49p.m.
NEFNN CONNECTICUT FIRE LOG ( http://www.nefnn.com )
-by Scott Harris
0217 W/F+ MANCHESTER CONN 178 Center St 2.5-story frame - fire all floors into the attic - mutual aid station coverage
0358 W/F HARTFORD CONN Box 566 822 Maple Ave automobile fully involved under a carport attached to a 4-story brick OMD
0609 2nd ALM MANSFIELD CONN (Eagleville) "Hunting Lodge Apts" on Hunting Lodge Rd 2.5-story frame 4-unit apartment complex - heavy fire floor #1 extended thru the roof - exterior attack on arrival
1600 2nd ALM MERIDEN CONN 109 Franklin St 2.5-story frame - top floor fully involved upon arrival - 2nd alarm companies staged
1831 W/F+ WETHERSFIELD CONN 233 Main St 4-story brick apts over commercial building - fire in 1st floor ice cream shop - special call mutual aid ladder (Rocky Hill)
2217 W/F PLAINVILLE CONN Ledge Rd near View St building well involved - exterior ops
2333 W/F BRIDGEPORT CONN on Jane St house fire well involved
0220 W/F SOUTHINGTON CONN 32 Bishop Ave occupied 2-story frame with fire showing
0728 W/F BRIDGEPORT CONN 22 Seaview Ave 2-story frame - fire floor #2
0741 W/F BRIDGEPORT CONN 154 Boston Ave "Radio Shack" rubbish fire extended to the building
1447 W/F CLINTON CONN on Killingworth Trpk structure fire - EMS to the fire
*** REPORT FROM THE LINE OF FIRE ***
Hartford Citywide Radio Association Incident Log
Providence, RI /2nd Alarm/ 31 Greeley St occ 3wdfr duplex 00:46
Manchester, CT /10-75/ 178 Center St occ 2.5wdfr add’l Engine req 02:28
Hartford, CT /10-75/ 822 Maple Ave car fire in attached car port with 4brk OMD as an exposure 03:49
Mansfield, CT (Eagleville Section) /2nd Alarm/ 19-5 Hunting Lodge Rd 2wdfr 4 unit OMD 06:03
Providence, RI /10-75/ Waldo St and Dexter St car fire extended to 2brk NFI 06:15
Providence, RI /10-75/ 37Cayleer St unk type bldg NFI 08:48
Meriden, CT /2nd Alarm/ 109 Franklin St occ 3wdfr NFI 16:03
Coventry, RI /10-75/ 142 Old Flat River Rd 2.5wdfr OMD an attic fire 16:30
North Providence, RI /10-75/ 1 High Service Ave an apt bldg fire in the basement 17:14
Monroe, CT /10-31/ 398 Monroe Tpk 2 pinned add’l Rescue req 17:17
Wethersfield, CT /10-75/ 233 Main St 2wdfr fire 1st flr 18:38
Plainfield, CT (Atwood Hose Section) /10-75/ Laurie Dr occ 1wdfr dwelling fire in 1 room 19:14
Norwich, CT (Taftville Section) /10-31/ 450 Norwich Ave 2 cars 2 pinned add’l jaws X2 req 19:56
Bridgeport, CT /2nd Alarm equiv/ Jane St occ 3wdfr 23:14
Plainville, CT /10-75/ Ledge St and View St unk type bldg well involved 23:15
Coventry, CT /10-31 Code Blue/ Main St at “Lisicke Beach” involving Coventry PD 23:57
Southington, CT /10-75/ 32 Bishop Ave occ 2wdfr dwelling 02:21
North Providence, RI /2nd Alarm equiv/ 124 Friendship St occ 2wdfr dwelling heavy fire all flrs 02:53
Meriden, CT /10-31/ Chamberlain Hwy at Berlin town line 1 pinned 08:30
Providence, RI /10-75/ 100 Julian St 3wdfr add’l Ladder req NFI 11:05
Waterbury, CT /10-31/ I-84 WB near Exit 24 car vs pedestrian (1) 10-45 Code 1 (fatal) 18:11
Hartford, CT /10-31/ I-84 EB ramp at Sisson Ave 6 cars MVA 19:42
Willington, CT /10-31/10-43 req/ Rt32 and Rt74 a rollover with ejection (1) 10-45 Code 2 (serious) (2) 10-45 Code 3 (moderate injuries) R-5 req 21:11
New London, CT /10-75/ 35 Crescent St 2.5wdfr fire 2nd flr 02:12
Watertown, CT /10-26/ Sylvan Rd “Sylvan Lake” dive team req 06:34
Bridgeport, CT /10-75/ 22 Seaview Ave 2wdfr fire 2nd flr 07:11
Bridgeport, CT /10-75/ 154 Boston Ave “Radio Shack” fire in the rear of the store 07:14
Derby, CT /10-31/ New Haven Ave at “K-Mart Plaza” (1) 10-45 Code 2 (traumatic arrest) R-5 req 14:12
Clinton, CT /10-75/ Killingworth Tpk unk type bldg NFI 15:13
Springfield, MA /10-30/ 199 Corona St a garage fire NFI 20:01
HCRA Website: http://www.hartfordcitywide.com
HCRA Email: email@example.com
Cincinnati Fire Division
Media Contact: District Chief Jay Boeing
Incident Location: 5539 Orlando Place
Good morning this is District one Chief Anson Turley of the Cincinnati fire department reporting on a two alarm fire that occurred in the Cincinnati neighborhood of Madisonville. The fire was called in at around midnight. When fire companies arrived at 5539 Orlando place they found a two story brick dwelling with heavy fire on the second floor. Engine 49 extended hose lines into the building to cut off the spread of fire while Ladder co. 31 rescued two occupants who were trapped on the second floor porch roof. There were three adult occupants in the building at the time of the fire. The two who were rescued by firefighters and one who managed to escape on his own. It took 45 firefighters approximately 30 minutes to bring the fire under control. The two men and one women were taken to University hospital to be treated for burns and smoke inhalation. The cause of the fire is undetermined at this time and is being investigated. The loss is set at $70,000. For more information contact Chief Jay Boeing at 352-2344
Captain Robert Becker
Cincinnati Fire Prevention Bureau
700 West Pete Rose Way
5th Floor, Lobby B
Office (513) 357-7597
Brooklyn, N.Y. 12/10/01 @ 03:00
address: 250 Clarkson Ave.
between: Nostrand Ave. & Rogers Ave.
3959 @ 03:01
Engs. 249, 248, 255
Lads. 113, 157
Batt. 41: We have a fire on the 1st. floor of a 6 story M.D.
Fire in the compactor. Transmitt the 10 - 75 "K"
10 - 75 - 3959 @ 03:07
Ladder 147 is designated as the "FAST" Truck
Rescue Co. #2
Squad Co. #1
6 Story Brick 100 x 175 M.D.
Exp. #1: Is a Street
Exp. #2: Is a Driveway
Exp. #3: Is a Rear Yard
Exp. #4: Is an Alley
All - Hands:
7 - 5 - 3959 @ 03:23
Division 15: Were using all - hands for a fire in a compactor shoot.
Have a smoke condition in the building. 2 - lines are stretched.
1 - line is in operation. Fire's Doubtful.
Special Call an add. Eng. & Truck. Eng. 281 & Lad. 110 are s/c
Division 15: Primary search thru out is complete & negative.
Probably Will Hold.
Division 15: Secondary searches thru out are complete & negative.
Fire is UnderControl.
Brooklyn, N.Y. 12/10/01 @ 04:30
East Flatbush Section
address: 257 East 45th. Street
between: Clarkson Ave. & Lenox Rd.
3722 @ 04:32
Engs. 310, 248, 249
Lads. 174, 113
10 - 75 - 3722 @ 04:36
Ladder 123 is designated as the "FAST" Truck
Rescue Co. #2
Squad Co. # 252
Special Call a TowerLadder "K" T.L. 157 is s/c
TowerLadder 157 was involved in a collision @ Linden Blvd. & Rogers.
Minor injury to a civilian, no injured members.
TowerLadder 170 is Special Called to replace T.L. 157 on the 10 - 75.
2 Story Frame 60 x 30 Queen Ann P. D.
Exp. #1: Is a Street
Exp. #2: Is a Driveway
Exp. #3: Is a Rear Yard
Exp. #4: Is Similar Type detach. Alley
All - Hands:
7 - 5 - 3722 @ 04:42
Batt. 41: Using all - hands for a fire in a Queen Ann type private
Special Call an add. Eng. & Truck. Eng. 234 & TowerLadder 120 s/c.
Division 15: We have 2 - lines stretched. 1 - line in operation.
Trucks are "Opening Up" Primary search is in - progress.
Fire remains Doubtful.
Division 15: Primary search thru out is complete & is negative "K"
Division 15: Secondary search thru out is complete & negative.
Place the Fire UnderControl.
Brooklyn, N.Y. 12/10/01 @ 05:45
Coney Island Section
address: 2920 West 21st. Street
between: Mermaid Ave. & Surf Ave.
3542 @ 05:40
Engs. 318, 245, 253
Lads. 166, 161, 169*
*Batt. 43 asked for a 3rd. Truck on the box.
10 - 75 - 3542 @ 05:44
Ladder Co. 153 is designated as the "FAST" Truck
Rescue Co. #5
Squad Co. #1
Batt. 43 reports, ( 1 ) 10 - 45 Code 3 being removed.
Combination 12 Story & 7 Story 100 x 100 M.D.
All - Hands:
7 - 5 - 3542 @ 05:50
Batt. 43 reports, Have a fire in a 7th. floor apt. in the 7 story section.
Special Call an add. Eng. as a C.F.R.D. Eng. Eng. 243 is s/c
Batt. 43: We have 1 - line stretched, but not in operation.
Trouble with the Stand - Pipe system. 2nd. line in the process of
being stretched. Transmitt a 2nd. Alarm.
2 - 2 - 3542 @ 05:53
Engs. 330, 276, 321, 247
Lads. 168, 159
Batt. 32 "Safety Cord."
Batt. 58 "Comm. Cord."
Eng. 159 / Satalite #5
Tac. Support #2
Division 8 transmitts 10 - 77 for high-rise M.D. fire.
10 - 77 - 2 - 2 - 3542
Lads. 156, 172
Batt. 43: 2 - lines are stretched. 1 - line in operation.
Attack stairwell is "B"
Batt. 43: Main body of fire knocked down. Primary search is
negative with the exception of the 10 - 45 Code 3.
Fire remains Doubtful.
Batt. 43: Probably Will Hold.
Division 8: At this time, Fire is UnderControl
Secondary searches in the fire apt. are negative, "K"
12/10/01 0745hrs A/C/W Kansas City, MO Gas main explosion w/injuries 32nd & North Oak Trafficway, 2 utility workers injured, 1 critical, 1 serious, natural gas explosion in manhole.
Pumpers 4, 34, 40, Quint 44, Rescue 16, HazMat 71, Support 71, Car 108, Car 110 (hazmat battalion).
12/10/01 1220hrs W/F Independence, MO 4901 S. Valley View Dr, Lot 53, working trailer fire.
Pumpers 10, 2, 4, 7, Truck 2, Rescue 2, Chief 4, Chief 10.
***BALTIMORE, MARYLAND FIRE HISTORY***
for December 10th:
1910: E-38 was placed in active service (Organized 8/8/1910) in new quarters on the north side of Baltimore St, just east of Fremont Ave, West of Downtown - It is a 2 story brick building on a lot 153.5'x45.5', costing $23,936 & the lot $11,063 - E-38's 1st Captain was John B. Bortell from E-7 - E-38 was relocated to the Steadman Station on 7/1/1981 - They were disbanded due to budget cuts on 9/21/1994 - E-38's original quarters on W Baltimore St is now an apartment building. (CHM1&2*TUH)
1976: 2 Alarms - Box#7624 - 1728 Rosedale St - Walbrook (Northwest Baltimore) - Fire involved a 2 story brick rowhouse. (CHM1)
2000: 2 Alarms - Box#8-1 - 2157hrs - 1302 Myrtle Ave - Upton (Northwest Of Downtown) - Fire involved a 3 story brick rowhouse. (TGA)
George T. Ehrman
Fire Buff's Guide to Southwestern Ohio
by Mike Linthicum
Fire Buff's Guide to Southwestern Ohio
Vice President - FirePage Ohio
"Stand Up & Be Counted!" - A Celebration of Volunteering
On December 16, Volunteering NSW with the assistance of the NSW Government, will host a Christmas celebration to bring together all of those who give so generously of their time and effort to support our community.
This family picnic day will feature a concert of live performances from popular Australian artists as well as an expo of volunteer organisations from across NSW. In addition we will provide a kids corner with a variety of games and activities, and the collection of an honour roll of all volunteers present to be housed in the State Library of NSW.
The concert will start at 1pm sharp and feature a host of Australian stars including:
Mental As Anything;
The Young Stars of Country;
Humphrey B Bear;
The Nations Choir
And Many More!
What to bring:
A picnic hamper and blanket,
Your family and friends,
Plenty of energy.
Date: Sunday 16 December 2001
Where: Tumbalong Park, Darling Harbour (Chinatown end, next to the Exhibition Centre)
Time: 1.00pm to 5.00pm
For more information, Contact Volunteering NSW on 02 9261 3600
*** FireNet Group Of The Day: ***
(GCFN) Gold Coast Fire Network - Bob Sherman - President
P.O. Box 63-04 E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Miami, Florida 33163 Carrier: Airtouch
Special Thanks to everyone who contributes fire news. ALSO a BIG THANKS to ALL FireNet pager groups who provide St. Louis FireNet with fire info. For a listing of these groups and how you can get a fire pager please e-mail me at:
Box 8 Club of St. Louis Inc.
World Of Fire E-Mail:
SUBSCRIBE TO World Of Fire Daily Report at:
Subscribe via e-mail to: WOF_Reportemail@example.com
View working fires reports & pictures at:
Content Copyright © 1998-2001 - World Of Fire Report. All Rights Reserved
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)