Thread: World Of Fire Report: 12-11-01
12-14-2001, 08:35 AM #1
World Of Fire Report: 12-11-01
*** America's Fire Paging Notification Network ***
Local & National reports from pager notification networks around the U.S.
(All times are in Central Standard Time unless otherwise indicated)
Tuesday, December 11, 2001
· CINCINNATI, OH: *2nd Alarm* Box 1322 for the 1900 block Race St. Engine-5 requests a 2nd Alarm on arrival for heavy fire on #1 floor of a 2-story brick occupied multiple dwelling. [FPO/D605] ©. 12:03a.m.
· Update – CINCINNATI, OH: Box-1344 at corrected address of 33 Findley St. Command reports bulk of the fire knocked down. Primary & secondary searches all clear. Companies checking for extensions & on scene for an undetermined amount of time. [FPO/1002/D605] ©. 12:27a.m.
· 2nd Alarm TAYLORVILLE (CHRISTIAN Co.), IL: 914 E. Elm/Taylorville FD on scene advising flames showing in back of the house. Edinburgh FD requested for M/A. [CIFN*1/99]. 1:36a.m.
· MFN: BALTIMORE, MD: Dwelling fire (Box T5-4) at 1703 E. Lanvale St. *Working Fire Dispatch* for a vacant dwelling with wall collapse & extension at this time. [MFN-8]. 2:33a.m.
· MFN-Update: Vacant dwelling fire @ 1703 E. Lanvale St. Companies making good progress at this time. [MFN-8]. 2:37a.m.
· MFN-Final: BALTIMORE, MD: Dwelling fire at 1703 E. Lanvale. Command reports fire under control. Request FIB & 1 additional Truck. [MFN-8]. 2:53a.m.
· PRINCE GEORGES Co., MD: **2nd Alarm** 4800 block Snowflower Blvd. x Southern Ave. (Oxon Hill). Several Townhouses involved. Medevac requested. Full Box Alarm. M/A from Washington DC. Setting up Master Streams. [DC2]-[FPO/260]. 4:32a.m.
· OXEN HILL (PRINCE GEORGES Co.), MD: *2nd Alarm* Box 42-12 at 4800 Sunflower blvd. Row of Townhouses on fire. M/A from Andrews AFB & Washington DC. [FPO/260]. 4:38a.m.
· PRINCE GEORGES Co., MD: Update *Another* working fire at 1000 Marcy Ave. was already in progress when the 2nd Alarm was sounded. Both fires in close proximity in Oxon Hill, thus the M/A request from Washington DC. [DC2]. 4:43a.m.
· Working fire – REHOBOTH, MA: 21 School St. Companies off with fire showing from a 2-story wood frame house under construction. [TAC9-C51]. 5:08a.m.
· Update – Working fire at REHOBETH, MA: 21 School St. Fire in a 2-story wood frame house under construction. Request for a Tanker Task Force. [TAC9-C51]. 5:18a.m.
· PRINCE GEORGES Co., MD: *2nd Alarm* Update at 4800 block of Snowflower Blvd. Had hevy fire in several Townhouses. Original fire building on ground. Fire under control. [DC2]. 5:20a.m.
· Working fire – FRAMINGHAM, MA: on Baldwin Ave. Fire showing from a dwelling on arrival. Heavy smoke conditions. All Companies working. C47 on scene. [TAC9-C20]. 5:20a.m.
· 2nd Alarm Equiv. REHOBOTH, MA: 21 School Street. Heavy fire throughout a 2-story wood frame house under construction. Request for Tanker Task Force. Deck Gun in use. M/A to work and cover. [TAC9-C51]. 5:27a.m.
· LINDEN (UNION Co.), NJ: *Haz-Mat* at Merck Inc., W. Linden Ave. Large spill of mixed solvents in their tank farm. LFD using Full Assignment along with Merck FD. Foam lines being put into place. Unknown quantity of product involved. [EAN44]. 5:28a.m.
· LINDEN (UNION Co.), NJ: *Update* Merck Haz-Mat on W. Linden Ave. Command reports leak is stopped. Still have Foam lines in place maintaining blanket over dike area. Still unknown amount of product spilled. [EAN44]. 5:57a.m.
· LOS ANGELES, CA: (0206hrs PST) – Major Emergency at 5259 N. Cartright Ave. in North Hollywood. 3-story Apartment structure being fumigated and tented, was well involved. 1 hour knock down. No injuries. [FIREPAGE ® LA-1R]. 6:53a.m.
· FT. LEE (BERGEN Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm** 448 Brinkerhof. Building fire. Aided in distress. [MNS-30*IAP]. 7:06a.m.
· Update – FT. LEE (BERGEN Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm** 448 Brinkerhof. Numerous people trapped – also 1 victim with serious burns. [18503/77/EAN388]. 7:07a.m.
· Working fire – WATERTOWN, MA: 4 Mt. Auburn Street. Reported fire in a Liquor Store. C101 [TAC9-C226]. 7:14a.m.
· STLFN: NEW BADEN (CLINTON Co.), IL: New Baden FD on scene of a fully involved barn fire with multiple exposures on Richter School Rd. Mascoutah FD on scene for M/A. Utilities en-route. [STL 835]. 7:30a.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: 2-11 Alarm fire @ 5937/5939/5941 Honore. All 1 story wood frame dwellings. [CHGO-03/24] ©. 7:32a.m.
· PLAINFIELD, IL: 2nd Alarm Box 19-2-1T. Fire in a Commercial Warehouse on 119 & Rt. 59. Fire through the roof of building. [CHGO-02/24/271] ©. 7:34a.m.
· QUEENS, NY: Working fire – Box 2092 at 107 Ave. @ 87th St. Attic fire in a private dwelling. L143 FAST. [MNS-30*IAP]. 7:52a.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: Working fire – Box 2092 at 107 Ave @ 87th St. Using 2 Engines, 2 Trucks. Fire top floor of a 3-story frame. Return all Special Units. PWH. BN-51. [MNS-30*IAP]. 7:58a.m.
· STLFN: (Overnight – 0245hrs) – ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a working fire @ 3645 Oregon. 1 line off on a 2-story brick building. NFI. [STL899]. 8:07a.m.
· Working fire – DANVILLE, NH: 184 Beech Plains Road. A Mobile Home – fully involved. M/A responding. C603. [TAC9-C101]. 8:09a.m.
· Working fire – TROY, NH: West Hill Rd. Mobile home fire with 3 FD’s Mutual Aid. C603 [TAC9-C69]. 8:12a.m.
· (Update - Overnight) TAYLORVILLE (CHRISTIAN Co.), IL: 2nd Alarm working house fire at 914 E. Elm St. Fire Departments on scene are Taylorville, Edinburgh, Morrisonville-Palmer and Stonington. [CIFN*99-H/L CIFN*1]. 8:31a.m.
· Working fire – BOURNE, MA: on Scragyneck Rd. House fire. M/A Ladder from Mashpee to the fire. [TAC9-C105]. 9:23a.m.
· Update – BOURNE, MA: Working fire on Scragyneck Rd. OIC reports fire knocked down. Overhauling continues in Station coverage assignments. [TAC9-C105]. 9:42a.m.
· BRUCE TWP. (MACOMB Co.), MI: on N. Main St. Fully involved 2-story dwelling fire. Mutual Aid from Washington Twp. with Engine and 5 men. [FNNM-099>510]. 10:21a.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: Working fire – Box 924 at 1600 Atlantic Ave. Gas main fire in a the basement of a building. L102 FAST. BN-38. [MNS-30*IAP]. 10:21a.m.
· Update – BROOKLYN, NY: Working fire – Box 924 at 1600 Atlantic Ave. 2” Gas main broken & on fire. RUSH BUG to scene. BN-38. [MNS-30*IAP]. 10:22a.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: 75-924 at 1600 Atlantic Ave. near Troy Ave. 1-story brick Commercial building 50x60 with basement Gas main. 2 lines run, 1 in operation. BN-38. [MNS-30*IAP]. 10:25a.m.
· QUEENS, NY: 75-9880 at 168th St. 88 Ave to Hillside Ave. heavy fire in a private dwelling. BN-50. [MNS-30*IAP]. 10:44a.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: All Hands – Box 9880 @ 88th Ave & 168th St. 2-story frame 20x40 dwelling. BATT50 reports heavy fire 2nd floor. DWH. [EAN2]. 10:46a.m.
· OTISVILLE (ORANGE Co.), NY: 175 Old Mountain Rd. Working fire in a shed with extension to a structure. M/A 1 town. [MNS119/12]. 10:54a.m.
· KEARSARGE FD (ERIE), PA: *2nd Alarm* 1702 Penelec Park Dr. 3-story Condo with smoke showing on arrival. 5 Engines, 3 Ladders on scene at this time. [FPO/800/D320] ©. 11:17a.m.
· Working fire – STAUGHTON, MA: Box 5 at 14 Wheeler Circle. Fire on the 1st floor with extension to the 2nd floor of an Apartment building. Extra Engine to the scene. C226/C227. [TAC9-C302]. 11:25a.m.
· MFN: BALTIMORE Co., MD: Structure fire at 1801 Turkey Point Rd. (next to Chesapeake High School). Command reporting a structure fire back off the road approx. 300ft. Heavy smoke showing. [MFN-1]. 11:37a.m.
· MFN: CECIL Co., MD: *2nd Alarm* structure fire at Rt.404 & I-95. Command reporting fire in an unknown type structure. Possible Commercial fire. Mutual Aid from Harford Co. (MFN14) [MFN-1]. 11:42a.m.
· MFN-Update: BALTIMORE Co., MD: Dwelling fire at 1801 Turkey Point Road. Command advising they have a 2-story vacant structure – well involved. Crew using Master Streams at this time. Poor access due to driveway. [MFN-1]. 11:43a.m.
· CECIL Co., MD: *3rd Alarm* Commercial structure fire on Main Street (Northeast) Box 404. Mutual Aid from Harford Co. and Delaware. Command reported heavy fire on arrival. (MFN11) [MFN-1]. 11:47a.m.
· 2nd Alarm – MEDFORD, MA: Box 31 at 104 Yeomans Ave. Reported basement fire in a structure. Extra Engine to the scene and Mutual Aid for Station coverage. [TAC9-C302]. 12:38p.m.
· MFN: HOWARD Co., MD: *Dwelling fire* on River Island Dr. Command reporting a working fire. Now requesting the *Task Force* to be sounded. [MFN-1]. 12:47p.m.
· MFN-Update: HOWARD Co., MD: Apartment fire *Task Force Sounded* at 8914 River Isle Dr. Command reporting smoke showing from side 3. [MFN-1]. 12:51p.m.
· Update – 2nd Alarm – MEDFORD, MA: Box 31 at 104 Yeomans Ave. Fire in the basement of a 1-story structure. C105/C226 [TAC9-C302]. 12:51p.m.
· LOS ANGELES, CA: *Greater Alarm* at 4053 N. Barrett Rd. in El Sorino. 2-story residential structure with lots of fire & smoke on the 1st floor. [FIREPAGE ® LA-1]. 12:57p.m.
· STLFN (1300hrs) – ST. LOUIS, MO: Normandy FPD *2nd Alarm* @ 7300 San Deigo. Apartment fire. Fire extending to other apartments. NFI. [STL-vm/899]. 1:22p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS Co., MO: Normandy FPD *3rd Alarm* @ 7300 San Diego. Apartment building fire. Fire spreading to other apartments. S/C Overhead Response Team & Air Cascade. [STL-vm/STL899]. 1:27p.m.
· BRUCE TWP., MI: Fire in a 1.5-story 40x80 single family dwelling is out. Salvage & overhaul in progress. 1 female transported to hospital in unknown condition. [FNNM-500*,1062*>510]. 1:27p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS Co., MO: Normandy FPD has struck a *4th Alarm* for the fire in an Apartment Complex at 7304 San Diego. [STL810/899]. 1:36p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS Co., MO: Update – Normandy FPD’s *4th Alarm* Apartment Complex fire at 7354 San Diego. St. Louis City FD is on the 4th Alarm. Command has been relocate to the west side of the building. [STL810/899]. 1:38p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS Co., MO: Update on Normandy FPD's 4th Alarm at 7354 San Diego. Command has requested the Rehab Unit from Christian hospital. [STL 819]. 1:52p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS Co., MO: Update – Normandy FPD’s *4th Alarm* Apartment Complex fire @ 7354 San Diego. The fire building is a 2-story Apartment building with several units involved. Several Aerial Ladders have been raised. The smoke appears white at this time per KMOV-TV. [STL810/819]. 2:14p.m.
· BRONX, NY: Working fire – Box 3004 at 1561 Unionport Rd. (Parkchester). 8-story occupied multiple dwelling with fire on the 5th floor. L38 FAST BN-20. [MNS-30*IAP]. 2:15p.m.
· BRONX, NY: 75-3004 at 1561 Unionport Rd. near Metropolitan Ave. 8-story brick 100x150 occupied multiple dwelling. (Parkchester). Fire 5th floor. 1 line in operation. BN-20. [MNS-30-IAP]. 2:16p.m.
· BRONX, NY: All Hands – Box 3004 @ 1561 Unionport near Metropolitan Oval. 8-story 100x150 occupied multiple dwelling. BATT-20 reports fire 4th floor. 2 lines run. [EAN2]. 2:16p.m.
· FAIRVIEW (ERIE Co.), PA: *2nd Alarm* 6300 West Ridge Road. “Erie Bronze Company”. Several Companies on scene. S/C for a Dry Chemical Unit. [FPO/800/801/D320] ©. 2:21p.,m.
· PIKE TWP., IN: *2nd Alarm* 8417 Chadwood. Apartment fire. [INDY-12]. 2:43p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS Co., MO: Update – Normandy FPD’s *4th Alarm* fire at 7354 San Diego. Command reports they are releasing some Companies. STLFD DC810 reports all St. Louis City Companies except Pumper 24, BC806 & Rescue Squad-2 are returning to quarters. [STL819]. 2:56p.m.
· KANSAS CITY, MO: Working fire @ 4100 E. 59th St. x Swope Parkway. 1-story frame with heavy smoke/fire showing. P29, P30, P35, R9, T11, CAR105. [KCFN-02]. 3:08p.m.
· BOYERTOWN, PA: 3rd Alarm at 230 S. Reading Ave. Fire at the Boyertown Body Works. M/A to work. [PA33/EAN10]. 3:12p.m.
· FULTON COUNTY, GA: 2nd Alarm, 4120 Fulton Industrial Blvd. @ Masters Economy Inn. Had fire in the ceiling area of a 3-story Hotel. Fire now darkening down. 6E, 3T, 2BC, 1Chief of Dept. [HNAN Walter L.] 3:20p.m.
· QUEENS, NY: *Working fire* Box 6218 @ 20 Rd. & 150th St. Fire in an occupied dwelling. BATT-52 reports 1 10-45 Code 1 (DOA). [EAN2]. 3:35p.m.
· Working fire – TUFTONBORO, NH: 3 Flynt Dr. A house fire. OIC reports heavy smoke showing. Tanker shuttle being established. C603 [TAC9-C101]. 4:19p.m.
· STLFN: Congratulations go to EAST ST.LOUIS, IL Station 4 (27th & State St.) E424's brand new 2001 E-One Typhoon Pumper used for the first time yesterday a.m. by dropping 1,000ft. of supply line. Word is the deck gun works great! [STL997/899]. 4:19Pp.m.
· 2nd Alarm – TUFTONBORO, NH: 3 Flynt Drive. A house fire – several towns M/A. Heavy fire through roof. C603. [TAC9-C101]. 4:53p.m.
· BOYERTOWN, PA: **5th Alarm** 230 South Reading Ace. Large Commercial building. “Boyertown Body Works.” M/A to work. [MNS-30*IAP]. 5:07p.m.
· BENSALEM BUCKS Co., PA: Working fire at 520 Bristol Park. Apt. C37 with smoke showing. Companies in service. [EAN3305/EAN699]. 5:15p.m.
· LOS ANGELES, CA: LA City Fire: Greater Alarm: 4741 Laurel Canyon Blvd x Riverside Dr. North Hollywood. 2-story Commercial structure with fire on 1st floor with extension to 2nd floor. [FIREPAGE (R) LA-1R]. 5:50p.m.
· Working fire – BEDFORD, MA: Box 153 at 63 Neillan Way. Structure fire. M/A for coverage. [TAC9-C461]. 5:57p.m.
· MFN: PRINCE GEORGES Co., MD: Haz-Mat with traffic alert. I-95 at the Wd Wilson Bridge. SHA reporting all lanes are closed due to a tractor-trailer leaking a large quantity of Diesel fuel. [MFN-1]. 6:03p.m.
· STLFN-Follow Up: ST. LOUIS Co., MO: Normandy FPD *4th Alarm* @ Hillcrest Apartment Complex, 7354 San Diego. Fire was in a 3-story occupied Apartment building with at least 16 units fully involved. 32 Companies battled the blaze – before bringing under control. [STLFN STAFF]. 6:08p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: 75-3760 at 1357 Eastern Parkway x Ralph/Buffalo Aves. Fire on the 4th floor of a 4-story brick occupied multiple dwelling. 2 lines stretched operating. EMS for several injured civilians. L176 was FAST. Fire knocked down & PWH. [MNS342]. 6:31p.m.
· QUEENS, NY: 75-4085 at 59-45 54th St. x Flushing Ave. Outside rubbish fire extended to a 1-story Commercial building. Fire is under control. [MNS342]. 6:33p.m.
· LA GRANGE (DUTCHESS Co.), NY: *2nd Alarm* 634 Noxon Rd. Barn fire – well involved. M/A to the scene & for cover. [EAN100]. 6:45p.m.
· MFN: BALTIMORE, MD: Dwelling fire at 1111 Haubert St. (Locust Point) – Box Alarm 26-12. E-26 reporting a 2-story middle of group with fire showing 1st floor. Air Cascade dispatched. [MFN-4]. 7:01p.m.
· MFN-Update: BALTIMORE, MD: *Working occupied dwelling fire* 1111 Haubert St. (Locust Point). Box Alarm 26-12. BC-6 reporting people trapped. Request 2nd Medic for standby. [MFN-4]. 7:09p.m.
· MFN-Update: BALTIMORE, MD: Working fire in an occupied dwelling at 1111 Haubert St. (Locust Point). BC-6 reporting 1 person rescued – CPR in progress. Another victim Code-F (fatality). [MFN-4]. 7:11p.m.
· MFN-Update: BALTIMORE, MD: *Working occupied dwelling fire* 1111 Haubert St. Command requests 3rd Medic. Several attack lines working. Chaplain 1 en-route. [MFN-4]. 7:14p.m.
· Update – BALTIMORE, MD (26-12): *Fatal* working fire in a dwelling at 1111 Haubert St. BC-6 reports *(1) Priority-4 (DOA) located on the 1st floor middle room & 1 with CPR in progress. Companies making good progress. [DC/BMD/E*23]. 7:24p.m.
· LAGRANGE (DUTCHESS Co.), NY: *2nd Alarm* 634 Noxon Rd. A barn well involved. [MNS-30*IAP]. 7:45p.m.
· MERRICK, NY: Possible Signal 10 house fire at 1859 Stanley Rd. x Lonni Lane. M/A N. Merrick & Bellmore for coverage. [MNS 47]. 7:49p.m.
· BRONX, NY: *EMS/MVA* 233rd St. & Van Cortland. EMS COND/Unit in a MVA. 1 injured civilian injury. [MNS-30*IAP]. 8:17p.m.
· Update – BALTIMORE, MD (26-12): *Double Fatal* working fire in a dwelling at 1111 Halbert St. Civilian that was transported to the hospital has expired from their injuries. Second victim DOA on the scene. [DC/BMD/E*23]. 8:23p.m.
· Working fire – CAMPTON, NH: 27 Condo Road. Heavy fire showing from a 3-story structure. C603. [TAC9-C20]. 8:34p.m.
· LOS ANGELES, CA: *Greater Alarm* 6300 W. Yucca St. 2-story 40x125 vacant Church with fire in the basement. 2 additional Task Forces. [FIREPAGE ® LA60]. 8:40p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD *1st Alarm* b/o FAO @ 1422 Sulphur x Hampton. 1-story frame. Smoke showing. 1 line off. PUMPERS: 6-22-35-30, HL15, BC803/805, SQD-2. [STL899]. 9:13p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update – STLFD’s *1st Alarm* @ 1422 Sulphur: BC803 reports all occupants accounted for. Fire knocked down. Companies ventilating & overhauling. *FINAL* [STL899]. 9:20p.m.
· PATERSON (PASSAIC Co.), NJ: *Working fire* 555 East 31st St. between 20th & 21st St. Fire on the roof of a Commercial building b/o BATT-1. [CWRNY/MFR/103/EAN318]. 9:36p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a Still Alarm working fire @ 3300 St. Vincent x Compton. Heavy fire showing from a 2-story brick building. 1 line off. PUMPERS: 29-7-14, BC802. [STL899]. 9:41p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD *1st Alarm* @ 3300 St. Vincent x Compton. Heavy fire showing from a 2-story brick building. 1 line off. PUMPERS: 29-7-14-1, HL6, BC802/801, SQD-1. [STL899]. 9:43p.m.
· Update – PATERSON (PASSAIC Co.), NJ: *Working fire* 555 East 31st St. BATT-1 reports fire in the roof of a Commercial building. 2 lines stretched & working. Aerial Ladders to the roof. [EAN STAFF/EAN318]. 9:47p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update – STLFD’s *1st Alarm* @ 3300 St. Vincent x Compton. Fire in a vacant 2-story brick building. Fire now under control & struck out b/o BC802. *FINAL* [STL899]. 9:52p.m.
· BERGENFIELD (BERGEN Co.), NJ: Working fire at the Golf Course near the Tenefly Line. Fully involved out building. Companies to enter off of Knickerbocker Road in Tenefly. [EAN100]. 10:04p.m.
· Update – BERGENFIELD (BERGEN Co.), NJ: Working fire at the Golf Course near the Tenefly Line. Command reports storage building fully involved in a remote location on the golf course. Building has Propane tanks inside. Exterior attack with 2.5” handlines. [EAN100]. 10:09p.m.
· Update – BERGENFIELD (BERGEN Co.), NJ: working fire at the Golf Course near the Tenefly Line. Due to remote location away from hydrants, 2 Engines will be shuttling water from hydrant to scene. Still have heavy fire. [EAN100]. 10:14p.m.
· BRONX, NY: 22-2185 *2nd Alarm* 336 E.140 St. x Alexander Ave. Heavy fire in the rear on the 2nd floor of a 2 story 25 x 75 occupied multiple dwelling. 3 lines stretched operating. D/W/H. [MNS-154*]. 10:44p.m.
· Working fire – KINGS PARK, NY: 278 Pulaski & Ave B. Private house. Mutual Aid Commack 1 Engine to scene. [MNS# 212]. 10:53p.m.
· Update – BRONX, NY: 22-2185 *2nd Alarm* at 336 E. 140th x Alexander Ave. Heavy fire in the rear on the 2nd floor of a 2-story 25x75 occupied multiple dwelling. 3 lines stretched operating. By orders DIV-6, Special call for an additional Truck. [MNS-154/62*]. 10:57p.m.
· KANSAS CITY, KS: Working house fire @ 3025 S. 35th St. First Company on scene reporting smoke showing. Fire in the walls. P7, P16, P17, T7, CAR32/62 [KCFN-02]. 11:08p.m.
· Update – BRONX, NY: *2nd Alarm* box 2185 at 336 East 140th St. x Alexander. DIV-6 reports fire has darkened down on the 1st floor. Making progress on the 2nd floor. [MNS432/154/62]. 11:11p.m.
· Update – BRONX, NY: 2nd Alarm Box 2185 at 326 East 140th St. DIV-6 reports main body of fire has been knocked down. Searches will be delayed. Fire is PWH. [MNS432/154/62]. 11:17p.m.
· 2nd Alarm – MILTON, MA: Box-171 at 102 Blue Hill Ave. Reported dwelling fire. All Companies working. DWH b/o CAR-8. [TAC9-C20]. 11:46p.m.
· EAST FISHKILL (DUTCHESS Co.), NY: *2nd Alarm* at 50 Moss Hill Rd. Fire in a large 2-story private dwelling 40x60. Heavy fire conditions. Exterior operations. [MNS342 IAP]. 11:48p.m.
*** REPORT FROM THE LINE OF FIRE ***
London Fire Brigade Daily Report
10 Dec 01
1023 G24 Southall Seige situation at 20 Swift Rd, subect barricaded in 2nd flr apartment, explosion damage, one civilian w/burns & lacerations arrested.
1802 H40 New Malden Persons reported fire at Flat 2, 59 Church Rd, 1st flr apartment fire using 1 hosereel, 1 civilian rescued w/smoke inhalation.
1949 F41 Dagenham 4 pump fire at 5 East Park Close, 2-sty private dwelling 10m x 10m, 2nd flr fully involved, extended to roof using 1 jet & 2 hosereels, 2 civilians w/burns & smoke inhalation.
2206 G24 Southall 4 pump fire at 20 Hartsbourne Court on Fleming Rd, 4-sty apartment block 8m x 50m, 3rd & 4th flr maisonette w/heavy fire extended to roof, using 1 jet, 1 hosereel, hydraulic platform.
Runs for the day: 899
11 Dec 01
1107 E25 Plumstead 4 pump fire at 123 Plumstead High Street, 2-sty private dwelling 5m x 10m, 2nd flr fully involved using 1 hosereel, 1 adult & 1 child w/smoke inhalation.
1626 A26 Knightsbridge 4 pump fire at 43 Cadogan Place, 4-sty private dwelling 5m x 10m, fire in wall partitions on 1st through 3rd flrs, using 1 hosereel, 2 thermal imaging cameras.
0140 A33 Tottenham 6 PUMP FIRE, DCU Required at Astergrove Works on West Rd, 4-sty clothing factory & warehouse 40m x 40m, fire on 2nd & 4th flrs, contained by sprinkler heads, controlled by 2 hosereels, Damage Control Unit requested.
Runs for the day: 787
Runs for the year: 290828
Fire Destroys Springdale, Ark House
11 December 2001 - Springdale, Arkansas : On Tuesday morning at 0310 hours, firefighters at Springdale's central fire station were woke up by a neighbor reporting a house fire across the street from the fire station. First unit on scene, Battalion 1 - Batt Chief Duane Atha, reporting a two story family house with heavy fire and smoke showing with possible two people trapped in the house. The primary and secondary search proved negative. Firefighters using handlines and master streams placed the fire under control about 3 hours after the alarm. Firefighters were hampered with the aging home and sub-freezing temperatures.
The 3 alarm fire required 4 fire engines, 1 truck quint, 1 rescue, 3 EMS paramedic Squads, and 4 Chief Officers.
The house is a total loss with roof and wall collapses. The fire was investigated by SFD investigators and the fire is listed as being caused by a heating device.
Fatal Pedestrian Accident
Manatee County, Fla
On Tuesday Dec 11 at 07:40 Crews from City Of Bradenton FD E-32 & MCEMS were dispatched to a OT Small Pickup at the corner of 43rd St W/Sandpoint Dr. Upon arrival Crews found a 16y/o female ejected out the side of the truck who died of massive head injuries. Her boyfriend (the driver) refused any treatment or transport. Both occupants were on the way to a local high school at the time. Early reports indicate a elderly female who was exiting a Apt Complex, heading Eastbound, on her way to Church, entered the intersection and was briefly distracted by the morning sun and stopped briefly after she was on 43rd St. W. The Southbound pickup was unable to stop and tried driving around the elderly female which caused the pickup to overturn several times. City of Bradenton Police Accident Investigation Unit is investigating.
Manatee County Fire Dispatch
LOS ANGELES, CA:
GREATER ALARM STRUCTURE FIRE:
On Tuesday, December 11, 2001 at 1039 Hours (10:39 AM PST), eleven Companies of Los Angeles Firefighters, one LAFD Rescue Ambulance, and two Chief Officer Command Teams, all under the direction of Battalion Commander Joseph Klein, responded to a Greater Alarm Structure Fire at 4053 North Barrett Road in the El Sereno area. The first Company to arrive on scene reported a large two-story hillside split-level single-family residence with heavy smoke showing. These first arriving Firefighters used handlines to mount a brisk and decisive interior assault on the flames, confining the bulk of the fire to the garage and limiting interior fire spread. The fire was extinguished in just 19 minutes. There were no injuries. Loss from the fire is estimated at $65,000 ($50,000 structure & $15,000 contents). This cause of this blaze remains listed as under investigation.
LOS ANGELES, CA:
MAJOR EMERGENCY STRUCTURE FIRE:
On Tuesday, December 11, 2001 at 1538 Hours (3:38 PM PST), eighteen Companies of Los Angeles Firefighters, four LAFD Rescue Ambulances, one EMS District Captain and six Battalion Officer Command Teams, all under the direction of Acting Assistant Chief Robert Rose, responded to a Major Emergency Structure Fire at 4741 North Laurel Canyon Boulevard in the Valley Village area. The first Company to arrive on scene reported a 75’ x 150’ two-story office building with heavy smoke showing from one first-floor office to the rear. Firefighters using handlines mounted a tenacious interior assault on the fire, which had spread to recesses within the walls and sub-floor of the 2nd level. Working diligently to confine the flames, Firefighters severely curtailed the fire’s spread in the non-sprinklered structure, extinguishing the blaze in just 31 minutes. There were no injuries. Loss from this fire is estimated at $100,000 ($80,000 structure & $20,000 contents). The cause of the fire remains listed as under investigation.
LOS ANGELES, CA:
GREATER ALARM STRUCTURE FIRE:
On Tuesday, December 11, 2001 at 1814 Hours (6:14 PM PST), twelve Companies of Los Angeles Firefighters, three LAFD Rescue Ambulances and three Battalion Officer Command Teams, all under the direction of Assistant Chief Robert DeFeo, responded to a Greater Alarm Structure Fire at 1767 North Vista del Mar in the Hollywood area. The first Company to arrive on scene reported a two-story, 30’ x 80’ church building with heavy smoke showing. Firefighters made forcible entry into the unoccupied structure and using handlines, mounted a brisk offense towards a fire in the basement. The building, currently known as the “Country Church and Gardens”, serves as both a place of worship and a popular filming location. Firefighters stalwartly confined the flames to the wood-frame structure, extinguishing the blaze in just 34 minutes. There were no injuries. Loss from this fire is estimates at $10,500 ($10,000 structure & $500 contents). The fire remains categorized as being under routine investigation by LAFD Investigators and members of the multi-agency House of Worship Arson Task Force.
REPORTS PREPARED BY :
Fraternally Yours in Safety and Service,
Public Service Officer
Los Angeles Fire Department
200 North Main Street, Room EOC-423
Los Angeles, CA 90012 USA
Fax: (213) 485-2708
LAFD E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
LAFD Website: http://www.lafd.org
12/11/01 W/F Kansas City, MO 800blk E 42nd St, working fire in a 3-sty apartment bldg.
Pumpers 17, 19, 32, Trucks 2, 7, Rescue 31, Car 104.
Brooklyn, N.Y. 12/11/01 @ 19:15 hrs.
address: 1357 Eastern Parkway
between: Ralph Ave. & Buffalo Ave.
3760 @ 19:04
Engs. 283, 227, 234
Lads. 123, 120
10 - 75 - 3760 @ 19:09
Ladder 176 is designated as the "FAST" Truck
Rescue Co. #2
Squad Co. #252
4 Story Brick 30 x 80
Exp. #1: Is a Street
Exp. #2: Is a Similar Type attach
Exp. #3: Is a Rear Yard
Exp. #4: Is a 3 Story Brick 25 x 60
All - Hands:
7 - 5 - 3760 @ 19:12
Batt. 38 reports, Were using all - hands for a fire on the 4th. floor
of a 4 story brick occupied multiple dwelling. We have 2 - lines
stretched, 1 - line in operation. Trucks are "Opening Up"
Searches are in - progress. Fire's Doubtful.
Division 15: Primary search thru out is completed & is negative.
Probably Will Hold at this time. We have ( 1 ) injured civilian,
E.M.S. is treating at this time.
Division 15: Secondary search thru out is completed & is negative.
Fire UnderControl "K"
Special Call an add. Truck for salvage work. Lad. 146 is s/c
***BALTIMORE, MARYLAND FIRE HISTORY***
for December 11th:
1973: 4 Alarms - Box#10-6 - Boston & Elliott Sts - Canton (Southeast Baltimore) - Fire involved the J. S. Young Company. (CHM1)
1977: 2 Alarms - Box#8627 - 2360 Eutaw Pl - Reservoir Hill (Northwest Of Downtown) - Fire involved a 4 story brick apartment building. (CHM1)
George T. Ehrman
Check out Clay Fire Territory ....Protecting Clay Township St. Jospeh County, INDIANA.
The Clay Fire Department protects 21 square miles of Clay Township, including the towns of Roseland & Indian Village. By contract, Clay Fire provides fire and rescue protection for 12 miles, mile marker 69 - 81, of the Indiana Toll Road (I 80/90).
*** FireNet Group Of The Day: ***
BNN Breaking News Network, Inc
158 Linwood Plaza
Fort Lee, NJ 07024
“All The Action As It Happens”
New York, New Jersey, Eastern Pennsylvania, Southern New
England, Delaware, Maryland, Northern Virginia, DC
Special Thanks to everyone who contributes fire news. ALSO a BIG THANKS to ALL FireNet pager groups who provide St. Louis FireNet with fire info. For a listing of these groups and how you can get a fire pager please e-mail me at:
Box 8 Club of St. Louis Inc.
World Of Fire E-Mail:
SUBSCRIBE TO World Of Fire Daily Report at:
Subscribe via e-mail to: WOF_Reportemail@example.com
View working fires reports & pictures at:
Content Copyright © 1998-2001 - World Of Fire Report. All Rights Reserved
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)