Thread: World Of Fire Report: 12-12-01
12-15-2001, 07:19 AM #1
World Of Fire Report: 12-12-01
*** America's Fire Paging Notification Network ***
Local & National reports from pager notification networks around the U.S.
(All times are in Central Standard Time unless otherwise indicated)
Wednesday, December 12, 2001
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD *1st Alarm* fire in a garage @ 5776 Genevieve Ave. Fire extending to residence upon arrival of P27. PUMPERS: 27-12-24-33, H&L-15, BC804, 805, [STL585]. 1:15a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update *1st Alarm* b/o Pumper-27 for a Garage fire extending to a residence at 5075 Genevieve. Pumper 27 reports 1 line off. PUMPERS: 27, 12, 24, 33, H&L-15, BC806 & 805, Squad-2. [STL/819]. 1:18p.m.
· EAST FISHKILL (DUTCHESS Co.), NY: *2nd Alarm* dwelling fire at 50 Moss Hill Rd. [EAN103]. 1:23a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update – STLFD’s *1st Alarm* fire at 5776 Genevieve Ave. 2 lines off. Strike out the 1st Alarm. Fire is under control. [STL585]. 1:27a.m.
· EAST ORANGE (ESSEX Co.), NJ: *Working fire* on Halstead Street. Fire in a 3-story wood frame. [EAN318]. 2:08a.m.
· QUEENS, NY: All Hands – Box 4187 @ 54th St. & Flushing Ave. Outside fire with some extension to a Factory. Return all Special Units. Same incident as an earlier All Hands last evening. [EAN2]. 4:18a.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: 75-497 at 72 Orange St. x Hicks/Henry Streets. Fire 2nd floor rear of a 4-story brick occupied multiple dwelling 20x50. 2 lines stretched operating. Fire is being knocked down. Request Ambulance for injured civilian. [MNS342]. 4:24a.m.
· STLFN: HAZELWOOD (ST. LOUIS Co.), MO: Florissant FD is assisting Hazelwood with a *1st Alarm* fire @ 324 Impala. [STL585]. 5:09p.m.
· STLFN: HAZELWOOD (ST. LOUIS Co.), MO: Hazelwood FD *1st Alarm* working fire @ 324 Impala x Village Square Drive. Multi-family duplex with heavy smoke & flames showing. 2 lines off & Supply line laid. [STL899]. 5:11a.m.
· STLFN: HOUSE SPRINGS (JEFFERSON Co.), MO: Vehicle accident in front of House Springs Intermediate School. 2 vehicles involved. 1 vehicle entrapment. ARCH Helicopter is being notified – unable to respond due to weather. [STL585]. 5:21a.m.
· STLFN: HAZELWOOD (ST. LOUIS Co.), MO: Update – Hazelwood FD’s *1st Alarm* @ 324 Impala. Command reports fire is out. Primary search clear, conducting a secondary search at this time. [STL899]. 5:23a.m.
· MFN: QUEEN ANNE Co., MD: *2nd Alarm barn fire* 300 Walnut Grove Lane. (Box 4-3: Centerville). Command reporting a large barn well involved. 2nd Alarm sounded on arrival. (MFN66) [MFN-1]. 6:58a.m.
· QUEENS, NY: Working fire – Box 5990 at 230-13 146th Ave. Fire 1st floor of a private dwelling. [MNS-30*IAP]. 7:04a.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: Working fire – Box 5990 at 230-13 146th Ave. Using 2 Engines & 2 Trucks. Fire in flooring 1st floor rear bedroom of a 2-story brick 25x40 occupied private dwelling. L155 FAST BN-54. [MNS-30*IAP]. 7:10a.m.
· MFN-Update: QUEEN ANNE Co., MD: *3rd Alarm Equiv.* 300 Walnut Grove Farm Lane. (Box 4-3). Command reports the fire is contained. They had *2* barns off. S/C QA Utilities for a dozer. M/A from Caroline, Talbot and Kent Counties. [MFN-1]. 8:22a.m.
· QUEENS, NY: Working fire – Box 4631 at 11-25 154th St. Using 1 Engine, 2 Trucks. Dryer fire 1st floor of a 2-story 20x60 Commercial building. L167 FAST. BN52. [MNS-30*IAP]. 8:32a.m.
· LOS ANGELES, CA: (0401hrs PST) – LA City FD: Major Emergency at 3885 S. Western Ave. 2-story 50x150 residential over Commercial building. 16 Companies, 35 minutes to knock down. [FIREPAGE ® LA-1R]. 8:46a.m.
· *5-5-5-5* It is with regret to announce the Line Of Duty Death of Firefighter Jonathan Ielpi, Squad 288 from injuries sustained @ MANHATTAN 55-8087 WTC 9/11/01. May he rest in peace. [MNS-OFFICE]. 9:44a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a house fire at 3329 Abner Place. Heavy fire in the rear of a 1-story brick. One line off. PUMPERS: 24, 13, 26, BC805. [STL810]. 9:44a.m.
· WONDER LAKE (McHENRY Co.), IL: A 2nd Alarm on Box #5-1671 in the 3700 block of East Lake Shore Drive for the working structure fire. S/C for an extra AMBO for 1 victim with facial burns. [CHGO6/21/265] ©. 9:44a.m.
· QUEENS, NY: Working fire Box 1047 at Dinsmore @ Bayport. Kitchen fire in a 2-story private dwelling. Fire under control. [MNS-30*IAP]. 9:44a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update – STLFD’s working fire @ 3329 Abner Place. BC 805 reports 2 lines off. Fire is under control. [STL810-vm/899]. 9:54a.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: Working fire Box 1671 at 1749 59th St. Fire in an occupied multiple dwelling. [MNS-30*IAP]. 10:25a.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: 75-1671 corrected to Osborn @ Sutter. 6-story brick 100x100 occupied multiple dwelling. [MNS-30*IAP]. 10:31a.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: All-Hands Box 1671 @ Sutter Ave & Osborne St. 6-story brick 100x100 occupied multiple dwelling. Fire 4th floor. Main body of fire knocked down. PWH. [EAN2]. 10:31a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD *1st Alarm* b/o Pumper 20 for a house fire at 4532 Adelaide x West Florissant. PUMPERS: 20, 10, 8, 26, H&L-2, Rescue Squad-2, BC806, 801. [STL810]. 10:38a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update – STLFD’s *1st Alarm* house fire at 4532 Adelaide. BC806 reports fire is under control. No building size-up given. [STL810]. 10:49a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD History: On this date in 1965, A new Fire Station opened at Forest Park & Vandeventer for Engine 21-29, H&L-5, Rescue Squad-1 & Battalion Chief 807. This Station is temporarily closed for rehabbing at this time. [STL810]. 10:54a.m.
· INDIANAPOLIS, IN: US36 & Dan Jones Rd. in Avon. Trench rescue. TC01, LD01, EG01, EG05, SR05, SQ13, TSU18, M06, 1222, 1101 on scene. [INDY-12]. 12:25p.m.
· DENVILLE (MORRIS Co.), NJ: *Working fire* 27 Hillcrest Drive. Fully involved unknown type building with confirmed Propane explosions. Water relay operation in progress. M/A from Rockaway Boro & Boonton for Tankers. [EAN301]. 1:43p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: Working fire – Box 1853 at 275 Etna St. Fire in a 2-story building. L107 FAST. [MNS-30*IAP]. 1:51p.m.
· DENVILLE (MORRIS Co.), NJ: *2nd Alarm Equiv.* 27 Hillcrest Drive. Fully involved private dwelling. M/A Tankers to the scene. Companies having water access problems. DWH. [EAN14*EAN301]. 1:51p.m.
· Update – DENVILLE (MORRIS Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm Equiv.** 27 Hillcrest Drive. Additional M/A being requested for Engine/Tanker Companies. [EAN301]. 1:51p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: 75-1853 at 275 Etna St. near Crescent St. 2-story frame 20x50 with fire 1st floor front. 2 lines in operation. BN-39. [MNS-30*IAP]. 1:55p.m.
· Update – DENVILLE (MORRIS Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm Equiv.** 27 Hillcrest Road. Companies beginning to establish a reliable water supply. 1 Propane tank involved. 2 other tanks removed from threat. Still DWH. No other exposure problems. [EAN14*299]. 2:05p.m.
· WEST BLOOMFIELD (OAKLAND Co.), MI: 14 Mile x N’Western Hwy. Explosion with damaged 36” hi-pressure MICH-CON Gas Company Dist. Main on pump station prop. Large evacuations of area Commercial & residential occupancies including Beaumont Hospital Satellite facility. 1 transported with burns. 1 mile “No-Fly Zone” established for media helicopters. [FNNM-510]. 2:17p.m.
· Working fire – PALMYRA, ME: on Wyman Rd. Fire reported to be a structure. Heavy fire showing on arrival by first due Company. Request for Mutual Aid to the scene. C122 [TAC9-C302]. 2:30p.m.
· Working fire – LINCOLN, RI: 404 Old River Rd. Fire in a 2-story frame. Fire on floor 2. DWH. C39/C303 [TAC9-C319]. 2:38p.m.
· WEST BLOOMFIELD, MI: Update – Beaumont Hospital Satellite Building evacuated completed. C.P. established @ Dunhams 14 Mile x Northwestern with PIO available for media folks. 36” @ 600 PSI line now shutdown. Waiting to bleed off miles of pipeline. [FNNM-510]. 2:44p.m.
· Working fire – PROVIDENCE, RI: 369 Killingly St. Building fire – All heavy fire knocked down. PWH. C304. [TAC9-C319]. 2:49p.m.
· LAKEWOOD (OCEAN Co.), NJ: *Haz-Mat* New Hampshire Ave & Swartmore for an Acid spill. M/A from Howell Twp. (Monmouth) requested. [EAN27]. 3:01p.m.
· NEW ORLEANS, LA: *2nd Alarm* Market St. Power Station. Large transformer in yard. Explosion & fire. Heavy black smoke over city. Large area of electricity out. [NOLA]. 3:39p.m.
· MILWAUKEE, WI: *5th Alarm* @ 3rd &Oregon for the 5-story brick Warehouse 100x300. Fire is through the roof. Ladder Pipes & Deck Guns in operation. Companies drafting from the Milwaukee River. [M1/MKE FIRENET]. 4:05p.m.
· QUEENS, NY: Working fire – Box 5569 at 94-62 219th St. Building fire. L165 FAST. [MNS-30*IAP]. 4:51p.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: Working fire – Box 5569 at 94-62 219 St. Building fire. Sending 2 Engines & 2 Trucks. Fire 2nd floor. 2.5-story wood frame 30x40 private dwelling. 1 line in operation. BN-54. [MNS-30*IAP]. 4:56p.m.
· QUEENS, NY: 75-5569 at 94-62 – 219 St. 2.5-story wood frame 30x40. Fire on the 2nd floor. BN-54. [MNS-30*IAP]. 5:06p.m.
· TILDEN TWP., PA: 2nd Alarm* 400 Elm Ave. Fully involved dwelling fire with people trapped. Request Tanker Task Force. [PA33//EAN10]. 5:28p.m.
· INDIANAPOLIS, IN: **2nd Alarm** 2435 N. Illinois St. Weyerbacher Apt. Fire on the 3rd floor. No standpipes. Stretching 3” line into the building. [INDY-12]. 5:42p.m.
· STLFN: MARYLAND HEIGHTS (ST. LOUIS Co.), MO: Maryland Heights FPD *1st Alarm* fire @ 2035 Runningridge Ct. x Dorsett Rd. Apartment building fire. S/C for additional Equipment. NFI. [STL899]. 5:42p.m.
· ROSLYN, NY: Working fire at 145 Powerhouse Rd. Structure fire. [EAN10]. 5:46p.m.
· Update – INDIANAPOLIS, IN: **2nd Alarm** 2535 N. Illinois St. 6-story brick Apartment building. Fire on the 3rd floor. Building is converted from an old hospital. 1 civilian injury so far. [INDY-12]. 5:49p.m.
· ROSLYN (NASSAU Co.), NY: 145 Power House Rd. x Garfield. Working fire in a private dwelling. 2nd Alarm for manpower. Requesting Fire Marshal to determine cause and origin. [MNS559]. 5:55p.m.
· WAKE COUNTY, NC: (W of Raleigh) *Small Plane Crash* 7600 Stonehorse. Small plane into (2) dwellings. 1 dwelling fully involved. Unconfirmed # of fatalities. Numerous Raleigh & Wake County Companies responding. [700p]. 6:15p.m.
· Update – WAKE Co., NC: **4th Alarm Plane Crash** CFP-702 on scene in front of house: House is completely destroyed & on ground. 3 lines stretched operating. Now saying (2) fatalities. 2nd Alarm from Raleigh, 7 County Stations. Tanker Shuttles. [CFP702/791/762/763/708/7984*700]. 6:52p.m.
· MFN: ANNE ARUNDEL Co., MD: Haz-Mat Box 21-12 at 501 McCormick Dr. E211 reports 2 containers of Hydrochloric Acid on a truck 1 damaged, 1 leaking. [MFN-18]. 6:55p.m.
· VENTURA CITY, CA: *3rd Alarm* 1320 San Simeon. Condo Complex – well involved. [FIREPAGE ® LA-1R]. 7:01p.m.
· MFN: BALTIMORE, MD: Occupied dwelling fire at 2805 Baker St. (Box Alarm 20-6). BC-3 (Ward) reporting a 2-story middle of group with fire showing on the 2nd floor. [MFN-4]. 7:16p.m.
· MFN-Update: BALTIMORE, MD: Occupied dwelling fire at 2805 Baker St. (Box Alarm 20-16). Command reporting fire contained to the 2nd floor due to an aggressive interior attack. All occupants are out. [MFN-4]. 7:23p.m.
· MFN: PRINCE GEORGES Co., MD: Apartment fire at 4904 Raymoor Lane. (Bowie). Command reporting smoke showing from the 2nd floor. Fire knocked down at this time. (MFN-101) [MFN-1]. 8:06p.m.
· EASTCHESTER (WESTCHESTER Co.), NY: Working fire at 25 Midland. Structure fire. NFI. [MNS-516]. 8:11p.m.
· MONSEY (ROCKLAND Co.), NY: Working fire at 3 Manor Dr. Fire in a private dwelling. Heavy smoke showing. [EAN100]. 9:02p.m.
· LAKEWOOD (OCEAN Co.), NJ: Haz-Mat at New Hampshire & Swartmore. Acid spill – Units still at the scene operating. [EAN27/EAN100]. 9:06p.m.
· Update – MONSEY (ROCKLAND Co.), NY: 3 Manor Dr. Request Rescue with manpower M/A to the scene & Engine for cover. DWH. [EAN100]. 9:09p.m.
· KANSAS CITY, MO: (1700hrs) – Working fire @ 4001 Locust x 40th St. 2-story building with heavy smoke. Companies: E40, E32, T11, R31, C106. [KCFN02-vm]. 10:08p.m.
· Working fire – CRANSTON, RI: 20 Hardy St. 2-bay garage fire 20x20 – fully involved. S/C for an additional Engine. [TAC9-C28]. 10:25p.m.
· OLIVE (ULSTER Co.), NY: *Working fire* 15 Rosen Rd. near Rt. 28. CAR-44-1 on scene reports fire in the rear of a structure. Fire knocked down. Advising first Units to continue in. No Special Units required. [MNS 12]. 10:30p.m.
· FALLSBURGH (SULLIVAN Co.), NY: *2nd Alarm* 99 Laurel Ave. Command requesting 2nd Alarm on arrival for a fire in an unknown type structure. Mutual Aid Monticello to the scene. [MNS12]. 11:16p.m.
· HARVEY, IL: A 2nd Alarm on Box #4 for the fire @ 159th & Center Street. Reported to be a Commercial building well involved. Numerous Master Streams working. Over 10 Suburban FD’s M/A. [CHGO-7/10/150]. 11:34p.m.
· Working fire – MIDDLETON, MA: Box 461 at 211 Boston St. x Rt. 62. Building fire. [TAC9-C105]. 11:35p.m.
· HARVEY, IL: Now a *3rd Alarm* on Box #4 for the fully involved Commercial building fire @ 159th & Center St. Another 8 FD’s M/A (also M/A from Indiana). [CHGO-7/10/150]. 11:38p.m.
· Update – Working fire – MIDDLETON, MA: Box 461 at 211 Boston Rd. Reported 10,000 gallon oil tank on fire. Fire now knocked down. [TAC9-C105]. 11:41p.m.
· LANCASTER Co. (MANHEIM TWP.), PA: **3rd Alarm Equiv.** at 3001 Oregon Park. (Co.#2-4-Eden). “Shawnee’s” S/C for additional Tankers & Truck Companies. [DC/BMD/E*23]. 11:43p.m.
Subj: Jonathan Ielpi Found (The Secret List)
Date: 12/12/2001 2:09:59 PM Central Standard Time
Through our words on The Secret List, most of you have learned about Jonathan Ielpi, his Dad, Lee, and the family and friends involved in their lives. You not only have learned about the past, but also know that Jonathan was one of the "343" FDNY members murdered on 9-11-01 at the WTC. Jonathan was a member of FDNY Squad 288 and the Asst. Chief of the Great Neck Vigilant Fire Company, on Long Island. You also know that Jonathan, almost to a "T", was following his Dad's career path, volunteer career and family legacy. And finally, you also know that Lee has maintained his ever "vigilant" mission to "keep searching" until his Son is brought home by working at "Ground Zero" every day since 9-11-01.
This morning I received a bittersweet phone call and was notified that Jonathan Ielpi has been found. Although there was a Memorial Service, an appropriate Funeral and Burial Service is being planned as follows:
Monday, December 17th, 2001...1100 Hours....burial to follow.
St. Aloysius Church
592 Middle Neck Road
Great Neck, Long Island.
DIRECTIONS: Long Island Expressway to Exit 33 which is Lakeville Road. Make a left at the light-onto Lakeville Road and follow it, going north. Lakeville turns into Middle Neck Road once you cross Northern Blvd. Just keep going. Follow Middle Neck Road all the way...watch for the Great Neck Alert Fire Company on your right...St. Al's will be ahead on your left.
We look forward to seeing those of you that can attend in Great Neck on Monday.
The Secret List-12-12-01
*** REPORT FROM THE LINE OF FIRE ***
LOS ANGELES, CA:
MAJOR EMERGENCY STRUCTURE FIRE:
On Wednesday, December 12, 2001 at 0354 Hours (3:54 AM PST), eighteen Companies of Los Angeles Firefighters, two LAFD Rescue Ambulances and five Battalion Officer Command Teams, all under the direction of Assistant Chief Tim Manning, responded to a Major Emergency Structure Fire at 3882 South Western Avenue in the Southwest Los Angeles area. The first Company to arrive on scene reported heavy fire showing from a 50’ x 150’ two-story vacant center hallway apartments over occupied commercial structure. A defensive posture with tactical application of master streams was initially implemented, allowing a sizeable volume of fire to be contained before a well-coordinated transition to interior attack with handlines brought the flames under control in just 40 minutes. There were no injuries. Loss from this fire is estimated at $425,000 ($200,000 structure & $225,000 contents). The cause of the blaze is categorized as accidental and is attributed to an electrical malfunction within a ground floor business.
REPORT PREPARED BY :
Yours in Safety and Service,
Public Service Officer
Los Angeles Fire Department
200 North Main Street, Room EOC-423
Los Angeles, CA 90012 USA
Fax: (213) 485-2708
LAFD E-Mail: email@example.com
LAFD Website: http://www.lafd.org
BALTIMORE, MARYLAND FIRE HISTORY***
for December 12th:
1964: 3 Alarms - Box#521 - 311 S Charles St - Otterbein (Downtown South) - Fire involved the Wilson Poultry Co. (CHM1)
1975: 2 Alarms - Box#1734 - 4701 O'Donnell St - Southeast Baltimore - Fire involved the S. Shapiro Rag Co. (CHM1)
George T. Ehrman
Official Website Bay City Fire Department Bay City, Michigan
Come and check us out.
"Firefighting Seminar 2002" Featuring Capt. David P. Fornell.
Sponsored by Jackson Professional Firefighters & Stark State College.
Sat. February 9 & Sun. February 10, 2002 at Stark State College Auditorium.
0730 - 1630 hrs. Vendors Present, catered lunch included
Sat. Feb. 9, 2002 AM - First Arriving Company Officer
PM - Standpipe Operations
Sun. Feb 10, 2002
AM - Attack Operations for Engine Officers, with a discussion on operations with low pressure nozzles.
PM - Fireground Command & Concerns for Company Officers, with a discussion on apparatus placement.
$70 for both days, $40 for one. Please register by 01-26-02.
Contact Kai Rieger at (330) 491-1985 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for further info or registration. Don't miss the area's hottest annual fire seminar!!
*** FireNet Group Of The Day: ***
(FPO) Fire Page Ohio® - Mike Linthicum - President
4704 Ridgewood Rd. East
Springfield, Ohio 45503
Phone - (937) 390-3047 (home phone)
Fax - (937) 390-3114 (home fax)
We cover 95% of the State of Ohio excluding the fire counties in the Toledo area. We refer these customers to FNNM in Detroit
We also have the Erie Pa area.
We can offer limited service in Indiana (call for area covered)
We page all confirmed working fires in our area.
We page train wrecks with injuries
We page all ALERT 2 & 3s
We page all Haz-Mat 2 & 3 responses
We page all MCI including pin jobs on MVA's confined rescues and INCIDENT were at least 3 medic's have responded
We offer the National Weather alerts from Wilmington and the Cleveland offices
Our cost per year is $3.00 per month & a $20.00 a one time start up fee paid to FPO (before your pager is ordered or programmed by the FirePage Ohio Office.)
We use PageNet Pagers with a rate of $12.00 per month which includes extended service for the state of Ohio
We only use the Elite Pager
Special Thanks to everyone who contributes fire news. ALSO a BIG THANKS to ALL FireNet pager groups who provide St. Louis FireNet with fire info. For a listing of these groups and how you can get a fire pager please e-mail me at:
Box 8 Club of St. Louis Inc.
World Of Fire E-Mail:
SUBSCRIBE TO World Of Fire Daily Report at:
Subscribe via e-mail to: WOF_Reportemail@example.com
View working fires reports & pictures at:
Content Copyright © 1998-2001 - World Of Fire Report. All Rights Reserved
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)