Thread: World Of Fire report: 12-14-01
12-17-2001, 12:42 AM #1
World Of Fire report: 12-14-01
*** America's Fire Paging Notification Network ***
Local & National reports from pager notification networks around the U.S.
(All times are in Central Standard Time unless otherwise indicated)
Friday, December 14, 2001
· BRONX, NY: All Hands Box 2149 @ E. 138th St. and Willis Ave. 5-story brick 100x60 occupied multiple dwelling. BATT-14 reports fire in the shaft. DWH. [EAN2]. 12:08a.m.
· DELAWARE TWP (PIKE Co.), PA: *Working fire* on Wild Acres Road in the Wild Acres development. Fire in a private dwelling. M/A to scene & for cover. [EAN39/EAN318]. 12:12a.m.
· Update – BRONX, NY: All Hands – Box 2149 @ E. 138th St. & Willis Ave. 5-story brick 100x60 old law tenement. Fire in the shaft. FD reports all visible fire knocked down. PWH. [EAN2]. 12:16a.m.
· MFN-Update: BALTIMORE, MD: Dwelling fire at 14 Talbot Trail. Command requesting *3rd Medic* Fire is under control. Police Arson en-route. [MFN-1]. 12:25a.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: *All Hands* Box-498 at 510 East 20th St. Fire on the 10th floor of a High-rise occupied multiple dwelling. 1 10-45 no-code removed. Fire possibly due to an air conditioner explosion on the 9th floor. DWH. [EAN301]. 2:27a.m.
· 5th Alarm – GREENVILLE, NH: 68 Old Wilton Road at Pilgrim Foods. 2-story Commercial building well involved with partial collapse. Extensive M/A. [TAC9-C09]. 2:37a.m.
· BRONX, NY: 75-3392 at Valentine Ave. & Kingsbridge Rd. Fire top floor of a 6-story brick 100x50. (5) 10-45 no-code. [MNS 154/62]. 3:11a.m.
· BRONX, NY: 75-2719 on Ogben Ave. between 169th & 170th St. Fire in a 6-story 200x70 building. [MNS 154/62]. 3:19a.m.
· Update – BRONX, NY: 75-3392 at Valentine Ave x Kingsbridge Rd. Fire top floor of a 6-story brick 100x150. The (5) 10-45’s are Code-2. Fire under control. [MNS-154/62]. 4:05a.m.
· BRICK (OCEAN Co.), NJ: *Working structure fire* in the area of Fairway Drive. Companies laying in & going to work. [EAN27]. 5:32a.m.
· Update – BRICK (OCEAN Co.), NJ: *Working structure fire* with entrapment in the area of Fairway Drive. Interior crews have located a victim – being removed – unknown condition. Reported of up to 5 subjects missing. [EAN27]. 5:36a.m.
· Update – BRICK (OCEAN Co.), NJ: *Working structure fire* at 126 Fairway. Interior crews continue to search. M/A from Point Pleasant being requested. DWH. [EAN27]. 5:42a.m.
· Overnight – 0215hrs EST *5th Alarm* GREENVILLE, NH: 68 Old Wilton Rd. 1-2 story Commercial 700x60 building – well involved. [NEFNN/DESK]. 5:58a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS Co., MO: Florissant FPD *1st Alarm* @ 2971 Dividend Park Rd. x Boardwalk. Fire in a residence. Smoke showing – 1 line off. [STL899]. 6:08a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS Co., MO: Update – Florissant FPD’s *1st Alarm* @ 2971 Dividend Park Rd. x Boardwalk. Command reports fire is out. Primary & secondary searches negative. Utilities notified. [STL899]. 6:22a.m.
· MFN-Overnight: HOWARD Co., MD: Fatal Pedestrial Accident on the tracks near Whisky Bottom Rd. & Laurel Racetrack. Command reporting *1* DOA that was apparently struck by a train. (H/L Mike M) [MFN-1]. 6:48a.m.
· BRICK (OCEAN Co.), NJ: *3rd Alarm+* at 123 Fairway. Dwelling fire with at least 3 fatalities. Unconfirmed report of 1 additional removed to the hospital, possibly in cardiac arrest. [EAN216/27/633/700]. 6:57a.m.
· CHARLESTON, SC: *2nd Alarm* 2 Ashe St. Heavy fire in a 2-story 2500 square foot wood frame dwelling. (7) 2.5” lines stretched operating fed from 4 hydrants. 9E’s on scene & for covers. No Truck due to access problems with narrow streets. [CFP851/803*763]. 7:06a.m.
· Update - BRICK (OCEAN Co.), NJ: **3rd Alarm** 126 Fairway. Now confirming 4 fatalities. 1 female juvenile survivor jumped from the 2nd floor to call 9-1-1. She’s currently at Brick Hospital. [EANSTAFF/700]. 7:10a.m.
· BRONX, NY: Update – 75-3392 at 2701 Valentine Ave near 196th St. Fire was in a private dwelling. (5) 10-45 no codes. 3 victims removed to Jacobe & 2 to St. Barnabas Hospital. Fire was under control at 0420hrs EST. [MNS119/88]. 7:20a.m.
· BRONX, NY: All Hands - Box 3420 at 610 Wearning Ave. Fire is on the 4th floor of a 6-story occupied 100x100 dwelling. [EAN388]. 7:50a.m.
· DUNELLEN BORO, NJ: Working fire at 401 North Ave. House fire with smoke inhalation victims. M/A from Green Brook Fire Co. Request EMS & Medics. [EAN10]. 7:53a.m.
· *Update* DUNELLEN BORO, NJ: 2nd Alarm at 401 North Ave. Fire in a private dwelling with smoke inhalation. Victims M/A from Middlesex Boro Fire Co. & Green Brook Fire Co. Request EMS & Medics. [EAN100]. 7:58a.m.
· PASSAIC (PASSAIC Co.), NJ: *Working fire* 112 Gregory Ave. Apartment fire. 1 line stretched out. Main body of fire knocked down. Checking for extensions. [EAN388]. 8:02a.m.
· SOUTH FARMINGDALE Fire District (NASSAU Co.), NY: *Working fire* 55 Motor Parkway. Fire in an unknown type building. Mutual Aid requested to the scene. [EAN2]. 8:37a.m.
· SOUTH FARMINGDALE (NASSAU Co.), NY: *3rd Alarm(+) Equiv.* 55 Motor Parkway. Numerous M/A Companies to the scene & for cover assignments. Unknown type building fire. [EAN2/100]. 9:25a.m.
· Working fire – PITTSFIELD, ME: South Main Street at “Pittsfield Bowling Alley.” Fire in the roof area. Companies making an interior attack. 5 towns M/A. [TAC9-C122]. 9:27a.m.
· Update – SOUTH FAMINGDALE (NASSAU Co.), NY: *3rd Alarm(+) Equiv.* Fire involves a Commercial building in an industrial area. [EAN2/100]. 9:30a.m.
· KANSAS CITY, MO: Working fire @ 3024 E. 60th St. x Agnes. Heavy smoke showing from a 1-story frame. Reported fire throughout. P30, P35, R9, R11, T11, CAR106, MAST AMB. [KCFN-01]. 9:59a.m.
· Update – DUNELLEN (MIDDLESEX Co.), NJ: *2nd Alarm* fire at 401 North Ave. Bulk of fire knocked down. Units opening up & checking for extension. Fire involved (1) unit in an occupied multiple dwelling. Request Investigator with camera for pictures. [EAN-STAFF/EAN434]. 9:59a.m.
· STLFN: (Overnight Report – 0500hrs): EAST ST. LOUIS (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: had a house fire in the 1100 block of N. 4th St. One line off + a fire in the attic of the exposure house next door. One Rescue made. ENG 424 & 425 on scene. [STL997-vm/810]. 10:15a.m.
· KANSAS CITY, MO: 2nd Alarm @ 6016 N. Jefferson x NW 60th St. Smoke showing from (2) 3-story Apartment buildings. 1st Alarm: P4, P34, P38, R16, R1, CAR108. 2nd Alarm: P6, P25, P47, Q44, CAR101/103. [KCFN-02]. 10:18a.m.
· STLFN: (Overnight Report) – EAST ST. LOUIS (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: ESTLFD had another fire @ 0530hrs in a vacant Apartment at 17th & Broadway. Engine 426 led off one 1.75” line. [STL997-vm/810]. 10:19a.m.
· Update – SOUTH FARMINGDALE (NASSAU Co.), NY: **3rd Alarm** 55 Motor Parkway. A large Commercial building (Factory). 7 Tower Ladders & numerous lines in operation. M/A from Nassau & Suffolk Counties for work & cover. [MNS-342/30*]. 10:27a.m.
· SAYERVILLE (MIDDLESEX Co.), NJ: Working structure fire in a dwelling on Seaman Ct. Request 1 Engine from South Amboy. M/A for cover up at Melrose Firehouse. Request for Fire Investigator to scene. [EAN434/EAN12]. 10:31a.m.
· KANSAS CITY, MO: The 2nd Alarm @ 6016-6120 N. Jefferson has been struck out b/o CAR101. Fire @ 6016 was in the attic. Quick knock down. Fire @ 6120 was contained to the chimney – now under control. Southern Platte FPD P23 change quarters. [KCFN-02]. 10:32a.m.
· QUEENS, NY: 75-6637 at 83-15 168th Place. between Grand Central Parkway & 84th Ave. Fire in a 2.5-story frame 20x40 private dwelling. Colliers Mansion conditions. Fire is knocked down. [MNS-88]. 10:43a.m.
· Working fire – JAFFREY, NH: on Mark Street. A mobile home well involved. OIC reports people trapped. [TAC9-C101]. 12:02p.m.
· BRONX, NY: 75-3320 at 2326 Ryer Ave. 5-story brick 40x80 occupied multiple dwelling. Fire 2nd floor. [MNS-30*IAP]. 12:13p.m.
· SWANSEA (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: Swansea on scene of an empty Strip Mall at 2212 N. Illinois. Mutual Aid from Belleville, Fairview Heights and Northwest FD’s on scene. No further info. Call was approx. 1130hrs. [STL 313]. 12:23p.m.
· ROSELLE (UNION Co.), NJ: 2nd Alarm on Newman Place near Sheridan. Fire in a private dwelling. M/A to the scene. DWH. [EAN604/100]. 12:28p.m.
· Update – ROSELLE, NJ: *2nd Alarm* on Newman Place. Fire is knocked down. Cancelling the M/A. Companies going to the scene. PWH. [EAN604/100]. 12:30p.m.
· STATEN ISLAND, NY: All Hands – Box 241 at 10 Broad Street. Building fire. Request additional Engine & Truck. DWH. [EAN100]. 1:50p.m.
· Update – STATEN ISLAND, NY: All Hands – Box 241 at 10 Broad St. DIV-8 reports fire 2nd floor of a 2-story brick Commercial building 50x50 – fully involved. Going to exterior attack. DWH. [EAN14/EAN10]. 1:54p.m.
· STATEN ISLAND, NY: 75-241 10 Broad Street. 2-story Commercial building 50x50 with fire on the 2nd floor. S/C for an Engine & Truck. [MNS-30*IAP]. 1:55p.m.
· BRONX, NY: 75-4443 at 3411 Edson Ave. A trailer fire. (2) 10-45 Code 2’s. NFI. [MNS-30*IAP]. 2:02p.m.
· BRONX, NY: All Hands Box 4443 @ Edson Ave & Boston Rd. 1-story isolated trailer fire. (2) 10-45 Code 2’s. (Life threatening injury). Main body of fire knocked down. DWH. [EAN2]. 2:03p.m.
· Update – BRONX, NY: 75-4443 at 3411 Edson Ave. Trailer fire with (2) 10-45 Code-2 – Children en-route to local hospital. NFI. [MNS-30*IAP]. 2:17p.m.
· PORTLAND, OR: 2nd Alarm at 3820 NE Mallory. 2-story working fire in an Apartment building. Attic fire. [FPNW-OR2]. 2:39p.m.
· PROSPECT PARK (PASSAIC Co.), NJ: *Working fire* 41 Hopper St. Fire in an unknown type building. M/A from Paterson to work. [EAN301]. 3:13p.m.
· Update – PROSPECT PARK (PASSAIC Co.), NJ: *Working fire* 41 Hopper at Belle Ave. Believed to be a city of Paterson fire. Job is in a 2.5-story frame. Heavy smoke – no fire showing. DWH. [EAN301]. 3:18p.m.
· Update – PATERSON (PASSAIC Co.), NJ: *Working fire* address is 41 Belle Ave at Hopper Ave in the city of Paterson. Prospect Park also operating. Reports of a person in the basement where the fire originated. Building is a 2.5-story 20x50 private dwelling. [EAN301]. 3:29p.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: *All Hands* West End Ave and West 70th St. Fire in a laundry room in an occupied multiple dwelling. [CWRNY*EAN301]. 3:35p.m.
· JEFFERSON Co., CO: (West of Denver) – Apparatus MVA with JAWS and Chopper Go for a Firefighter in trauma arrest. [MNN 236]. 4:14p.m.
· Update – JEFFERSON Co., CO: This was Elk Creek FD E432. One Firefighter in the truck that went over 100’ embankment. He was airlifted to St. A’s in medical cardiac arrest. No obvious injuries. [MNN 001,236]. 5:10p.m.
· STLFN: MANCHESTER (ST. LOUIS Co.), MO: West County Fire & EMS on scene of a working fire @ 503 Stephanie Lane. FAO reports numerous calls for a house fire. Move-ups being made. NFI-ATT. [STL899]. 6:13p.m.
· STLFN: MANCHESTER (ST. LOUIS Co.), MO: Update – West County Fire & EMS’s working fire @ 503 Stephanie Lane. Command reports bulk of fire knocked down – but still have pockets of fire. Several lines off. [STL899]. 6:31p.m.
· MFN: BALTIMORE, MD: Dwelling fire at 939 N. Broadway (Box Alarm 6-1). T-1 reports a 3-story vacant building with smoke showing 2nd & 3rd floors. Access difficult due to bricked up 1st floor. [MFN-4]. 6:48p.m.
· MFN-Update: BALTIMORE, MD: Vacant dwelling fire @ 939 N. Broadway (Box Alarm 6-1). BC-2 (Cate) reporting problems ventilating building. E-6 has fire contained to 2nd floor. [MFN-4]. 6:53p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: All Hands – Box 2209 @ E. 96th St. & Church Ave. 7-story brick 150x50 occupied multiple dwelling. Fire 6th floor. DIV-15 reports primary search negative. Secondary search in progress. All visible fire extinguished. PWH. [EAN2]. 7:06p.m.
· BARRETT (MONROE Co.), PA: *Working fire* Rts. 390 & 447. Fire in an abandoned building. Unknown size up. [EAN318/EAN503]. 8:00p.m.
· BRONX, NY: All Hands – Box 3964 @ Katonah Ave. & 238th St. 3-story brick 25x50 private dwelling. Fire top floor. DWH. [EAN2]. 8:28p.m.
· Working fire – ASHBURNHAM, MA: 141 Ashby Road. OIC reports a house well involved. M/A to the scene. C101 [TAC9-C461]. 8:41p.m.
· 2nd Alarm – ASHBURNHAM, MA: 141 Ashby Road. OIC reports a house well involved. M/A to the scene & for coverage. C101. [TAC9-C461]. 8:43p.m.
· QUEENS, NY: Working fire – Box 1071 at 140-30 Gateway Blvd. 4-story “H” type occupied multiple dwelling. [MNS-30*IAP]. 8:46p.m.
· Update – BRONX, NY: 75-3964 at 259 E. 238th St. near Katonah Ave. 3-story brick 25x50 private dwelling. Fire on the 2nd floor. PWH. DIV-7. [MNS-30*IAP]. 8:49p.m.
· NEWARK (ESSEX Co.), NJ: *Working fire* Box 1529 in the area of 129 Sunset Ave. Working fire in a vacant 3-story building. [EAN77/EAN388]. 8:51p.m.
· Update – NEWARK (ESSEX Co.), NJ: *Working fire* Box 1529 in the area of 124 Sunset Ave. working fire in a vacant 3-story building. Fire on the 1st floor rear. [EAN77/EAN388]. 8:52p.m.
· QUEENS, NY: 75-1071 AT 140-30 Gateway Blvd. near Mott Ave. Fire 1st floor of a 4-story brick 100x200 “H” type occupied multiple dwelling. L137 FAST BN-47. [MNS-30*IAP]. 8:54p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: *Partial Collapse* FDNY Box 1373 @ Columbia St. & Verona St. FD on scene reports a partial collapse in the rear of a 3-story vacant building. Building Dept. requested to the scene. [EAN2]. 9:05p.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: Still & Box Alarm @ 7141 S. Normal b/o BATT-18. BC-18 requesting TL34 to the building with ground ladders. [CHGO-7]. 9:16p.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: Update on Still & Box Alarm @ corrected address of 7142 S. Normal. 3-story, 6-family flat 40x60. Fire on 1st floor. Rescues in progress. [CHGO-7/15+/979+]. 9:20p.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: Still & Box Alarm @ the now corrected address of 7140 S. Normal struck out b/o 2-2-5. 2 lines used. Companies overhauling. [CHGO-7/15/979]. 9:29p.m.
· Update – 2nd Alarm – ASHBURNHAM, MA: 141 Ashby Road. OIC reports a house well involved. Request for (2) extra Engines & (2) Tankers to the scene. C101 [TAC9-C461]. 9:37p.m.
· STLFN: BELLEVILLE (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: Northwest FD along with M/A from Signal Hill FD on scene of a smoke inside a residence @ 326 Ross Lane. NFI-ATT. [STL 835]. 9:53p.m.
· STLFN: BELLEVILLE (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: Update on Northwest FD’s smoke inside the house @ 326 Ross Lane. Fire is now out. Signal Hill FD disregarded. *FINAL* [STL 835]. 9:59p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: Working fire – Box 2025 at 235 Hinsdale St. Fire in a vacant wood frame. L176 FAST. [MNS-30*IAP]. 10:00p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: 75-2025 at 234 Hindsdale St. near Sutter Ave. Fire in a vacant building. S/C E227, L170. Size up to follow. BN-44. [MNS-30*IAP]. 10:03p.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: All Hands – Box 737 @ 245 E. 37th St. near 2nd Ave. 6-story brick 50x100 occupied multiple dwelling. FD reports fire top floor. DWH. [EAN2]. 11:08p.m.
· Update – MANHATTAN, NY: *All Hands* Box-737 at correct address of 245 East 37th at 2nd Ave. Fire top floor in a 6-story brick 50x100 occupied multiple dwelling. DWH. [EAN301]. 11:08p.m.
· Update – MANHATTAN, NY: *All Hands* Box 737 @ 245 E. 37th Ave near 2nd Ave. DIV-3 reports main body of fire knocked down. 1 line runs. Primary search of the fire apartment now negative. This fire is PWH. [EAN301/EAN2]. 11:24p.m.
· KANSAS CITY, MO: Working fire @ 5604 Woodland x 56th Street. 1-story frame fully involved. 2 small lines off so far. P32, P35, R9, T11, CAR105. [KCFN-02]. 11:35p.m.
· UNION CITY (HUDSON Co.), NJ: *Working fire* 48th Street & Bergenline Ave. Fire in a bakery. [JCN/103/EAN318]. 11:40p.m.
· Update – MANHATTAN, NY: All Hands – Box 737 @ 245 E. 37th St. near 2nd Ave. FDNY*EMS treating 3 injuries. 2 civilians and 1 Police Officer. All injuries are non-life threatening and will be transported to Bellvue Hospital. [EAN2]. 11:44p.m.
· Update – UNION CITY (HUDSON Co.), NJ: *Working fire* 48th Street & Bergenline Ave. Fire knocked down and PWH. Companies being released. [JCN/103/39/EAN318]. 11:53p.m.
*** FirePage Ohio® Report for 12/09/01 to 12/12/01 ***
FirePage Ohio® covers all of Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, Northern Kentucky and we will soon add Eastern Indiana and the City of Indianapolis. As of January 1st, 2002, we will be sending all of our incident notifications via email, so if you carry an alphanumeric pager, PDA or cell phone, and that device has an email address, we can get the information to you.
For additional information, you can contact us at our office, (937) 399-4197, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our web site at http://www.firepageohio.com.
If you'd like to report an incident, please call our hotline number: 1-888-342-0143, and leave a message. Please make sure you include your name and a call back number.
This report is complied by FirePage Ohio® Dispatcher Scott Berringer ( email@example.com )
December 9, 2001
Columbus: W/F 3012 Neway Rd. Eng 14 reports 1 sty SFD. Cos: Eng 14, 22, Lad 22, Res4cuE, Med 14, BN 4. W/F Cos: Eng 15, Med 22, EMS 14, SO 2. FPO/D260 ©
Columbus: W/F 3012 Neway Rd. Heavy fire in rear. Lad 22 opening up. Utilities, Red Cross, Fire Prevention S/C'd. FPO/D260 ©
Columbus: W/F 3012 Neway. BN 4 reports fire K/D. Holding Eng 14, 22, Lad 22, Med 14, BN 4. FPO/D260 ©
Mill Village, PA (Erie): MVA/PIN/ROLLOVER SR 19 & Mystic Rd. Cos: Squad 124, Mini-Pumper 121. S/C Waterford Res143cuE for Air Bags. FPO/801/D703 ©
South Amherst (Lorain): MVA/PIN Unknown location. LifeFlight # 1 (31219) S/C'd. NFI. FPO/D703 ©
Columbus: W/F 3060 Woodway Ave. Eng 14 reports SFD fully involved with victim down on side 1. Cos: Eng 14, 22, Lad 22, Med 22, Res4cuE, BN 4. W/F Cos: Eng 15, Med 15, EMS 14, SO 2. FPO/D260 ©
Columbus: W/F 3060 Woodway Ave. BN 4 reports all searches negative. Extra Med S/C'd. Med 4 enroute. Red Cross, Utilities, & Fire Prevention S/C'd. FPO/D260 ©
Columbus: W/F 3060 Woodway Ave. BN 4 reports bulk of fire K/D. Med 4 cancelled. CPD S/C'd for numerous fires in area. FPO/D260 ©
Columbus: W/F 3060 Woodway Ave. Extra Lad S/C'd for relief. Lad 15 enroute. Prevention 16 on scene. Holding all companies. FPO/D260 ©
Liberty Twp (Trumbull): W/F 4000 Montecello. Eng 35 reports smoke showing from a MFD. Cos: Eng 34, 35, Res35cuE. Recall off-duty & volly FFs. FPO/D256 ©
Madison Twp (Clark): W/F 12586 Xenia-London Rd. Eng 77 req M/A (Full response) from Stokes & Central Twps (Madison). FPO/D320 ©
Madison Twp (Clark): W/F 12586 Xenia-London Rd. M/A Tank from Harmony Twp. Utilities S/C'd. FPO/D320 ©
Dayton: Extra Company MVA Salem & Harvard. FPO/D320 ©
Gustavas Twp (Trumbull): W/F 7826 SR 193 South of Davis Peck. Barn fire. M/A from Johnston & Greene. FPO/D256 ©
Gustavas Twp (Trumbull): 2ND Alarm + 7826 SR 193. Fully involved barn. Add'l M/A from Fowler, Hartford, Orangeville, Bristol, Farmington, Mecca, Mespotamia, and Southington for tankers. FPO/D256 ©
Cincinnati: W/F Mitchell & Kinnard @ Krogers. Cos: Eng 38, 20, Lad 20, 32, Dist 3. Eng 34 - RIT. Res 38, Squad 52, Dist 1 OTW. FPO/1002/D217 ©
Columbus: W/F 1133 Gibbard Ave. Cos: Eng 8, 1, 9, Lad 8, 1, Res2cuE, Med 8, 15, BN 1, 3. Storage bldg. FPO/D217 ©
Columbus: W/F 1133 Gibbard Ave. Eng 8 reports fire K/D. Small storage Shed on RR yard. Holding Eng 8, & BN 3. FPO/D217 ©
Madison Twp (Franklin): W/F 3920 London-Lancaster Rd. Cos: Eng 181, 182, Lad 22 (Columbus), Tank 221 (Rickenbacker Air Base), 551 (Bloom Twp), BN 4, 181. House fire. FPO/D276 ©
Madison Twp (Franklin): W/F 3920 London-Lancaster Rd. 2 rooms fully involved. Med 551, SO 2, EMS 14 on the card. FPO/D276 ©
Madison Twp (Franklin): W/F 3920 London-Lancaster Rd. Bulk of fire K/D. Holding Sta 181, Tank 221, BN 181, 4. FPO/D276 ©
Amanda Twp (Fairfield): W/F 116 South McKinley Ave. Sta 520 On scene. M/A Clearcreek, & Tarlton for Engines & manpower. FPO/249/D223 ©
Springfield Twp (Clark): *Gas Leak* 2246 Iroquois St. Large Gas leak inside 2 sty brk apt bldg. Columbus Gas S/C'd Priority 1. FPO/D320 ©
Amanda Twp (Fairfield): W/F 116 South McKinley Ave. Fully Involved SFD. S/C Air Truck from Greenfield Twp. FPO/249/D223 ©
Brimfield (Portage): W/F 3680 Duffield Dr. M/A Rootstown for tanker & manpower. FPO/323/D703 ©
Cuyahoga Falls (Summit): (Delayed) *ROPE RESCUE* on Front Street. Some off duty callbacks for C/Q. FPO/701/D703 ©
Vienna Twp (Trumbull): ALERT 2 Youngstown-Warren Regional Airport. Northwest Airlines Commuter with landing gear problems. Runway 34. Circling Airport ATT. FPO/258/D323 ©
Cleveland: (Delayed) W/F 3641 East 151. BC 5 reported a 2.5 sty SFD fire fire on 2nd floor. Cos: Eng 6, 41, Lad 36, Squad 1, & BC 5. Eng 36 - Worker. Lad 10 - RIT. FPO/D700 ©
Cleveland: (Delayed) W/F 2900 Block of East 79. Fire in comm'l bldg. Cos: Eng 17, 22, Lad 17, Squad 1, & BC 1. Unknown worker or RIT. FPO/D700 ©
December 10, 2001
Erie, PA: W/F Box # 646 @ 400 Block of East 11. Eng 3 reports 2 SFDs fully involved. Possible people trapped. Cos: Eng 3, 8, 13, 6, TL 2, DC 321. EMS 38, 40, S-20 OTW. EMS 38 reports 2 burn victims. DWH. FPO/800*/D703 ©
Pleasant Valley (Madison): (Delayed from 0430) W/F on West 2nd St in Plain City. Cos: Eng 261, 262, 210 (Jerome Twp), Lad 91 (Washington Twp), Med 261, CH 261, 262, 211. FPO/249/D223 ©
Pleasant Valley (Madison): W/F on West 2nd St in Plain City. Heavy fire conditions. S/C Eng 82 (Norwich), 271 (Marysville), 281, 243 (Prairie Twp), Tank 251 (Jefferson Twp), Res283cuE, Air 241. FPO/249/D223 ©
Trotwood (Montgomery): W/F 1620 Azelea. 1 sty SFD. M/A Dayton Lad 16. FPO/D320 ©
Central Ohio JFD (Knox): *Child Struck* 5 Year old struck on Union St in front of Elementary School. Cos: Med 429, Grass 426, Chief 421. MedFlight S/C'd with 10 minute ETE. FPO/240/D217 ©
Laurelville (Ross): W/F SR 327 & Adelphi. Structure fire. M/A from Colerain Twp for engines & tankers. FPO/D276 ©
Shenango Twp, PA (Lawrence): W/F 700 Block of Harmony-Baptist Rd/ Fire in unknown type structure. M/A Taylor Twp & South New Castle for tankers & manpower. FPO/D323 ©
Ellsworth Twp (Mahoning): W/F 11788 West Western Reserve Rd. Fire in unknown type structure. M/A Milton, Berlin, & Jackson Twps. FPO/D323 ©
December 11, 2001
Cincinnati: W/F Box # 1344 # 30 Findley. Eng 5 reports heavy smoke in ares. No size-up, yet. Cos: Eng 5, 29, Trk 29, 3, Dist 1. Eng 3 - RIT. Res 14 & Dist 2 OTW. FPO/1002/D605 ©
Cincinnati: 2nd Alarm Box # 1344 @ 30 Findley. Heavy fire on 1st floor of 2 sty brk OMD. FPO/1002/D605 ©
Cincinnati: 2nd Alarm Box # 1344 @ 30 Findley. Bulk of fire K/D. Companies continuing primary Search, and checking for extension. 2nd Alm Cos: Eng 23, 19, Trk 14, Squad 52, MAC 1, Res 2, Car 3, & Trk 17 w/lightplant. FPO/1002/D605 ©
Cincinnati: 2nd Alarm Box # 1344 @ 30 Findley. All searches negative. Most 2nd Alm companies released. Dist 1 holding remaining companies until Arson has completed overhaul - possibly 45 minutes. FPO/1002/D605 ©
Jefferson Twp (Madison): MVA/PIN I-70 under SR 142. Semi vs bridge. Cos: Med 250, 243 (Prairie Twp), Res251enG. Freeway closed. FPO/249/D223 ©
Hamilton Twp (Franklin): ALERT 2 Rickenbacker Air Base. Aircraft inbound with smoke in cockpit. Sta 220, M/A Hamilton Twp, & Madison Twp. FPO/D284 ©
Hamilton Twp (Franklin): ALERT 2 Rickenbacker Air Base. Aircraft landed without incident. Units checking aircraft. FPO/D284 ©
Kearsarge, PA (Erie): W/F 1702 Penelec Park Dr. 3 sty condo bldg with smoke showing from Unit 18. Cos: Eng 442, 443, 17 (West Ridge), 32 (Belle Valley), TL 449, Lad 30. FPO/800/D320 ©
Kearsarge, PA (Erie): 2nd Alarm 1702 Penelec Park Dr. Eng 73 (Perry Hi-Way), & West Lake Lad 2 added. FPO/800/D320 ©
Kearsarge, PA (Erie): 2nd Alarm 1702 Penelec Park Dr. Bulk of fire K/D. Releasing some companies. FPO/800/D320 ©
Fairview, PA (Erie): W/F 6300 West Ridge @ "Erie Bronze Company". Cos: Eng 532, 534, 552 (Girard), 53 (Lake Shore), 17 (West Ridge), 16, Res539enG, Tank 535, 56, Squad 537, 538, TL 449 (Kearsarge). Res558cuE S/C'd for Dry Chemical System. FPO/800/801/D320 ©
Belle Valley, PA (Erie): W/F 5300 Henderson Rd @ The School. Kitchen fire. Fire K/D ATT. Smoke throughout. Cos: Eng 31, 32, 682 (Kuhl Hose), 443 (Kearsarge), Lad 30, 249 (Brookside), Squad 37, 447, DC 250. FPO/801/D320 ©
Columbus: Extra Company MVA South 4th & East Rich. Cos: Eng 2, Med 1, 2, 10, 16, Res2cuE, EMS 13. FPO/284/D217 ©
Fairview, PA (Erie): 2nd Alarm 6300 West Ridge @ "Erie Bronze Company". Several companies on scene. Dry Chemical units S/C'd. DWH. FPO/800/801/D320 ©
Columbus: Extra Company MVA South James & Allegheny. Cos: Eng 20, 151 (Whitehall), Med 20, 151, 152, Res2cuE. FPO/260/D284 ©
Columbus: Extra Company MVA South James & Allegheny. This accident was a result of companies working another accident at same location. 2 Transported to Grant, 1 to OSU East. FPO/284/D260 ©
Mt Gilead (Morrow): MVA/TRAUMA SR 95 & CR 110. Cos: Morrow County Squad 1, 3, 5, Eng 15, Res11cuE. MedFlight S/C'd. FPO/240/D276 ©
Cleveland: W/F 9405 Mara. BC 5 reports a 2.5 sty SFD well involved. Cos: Eng 36, 41, Lad 36, Squad 1, & BC 5. Eng 11 - Worker. Lad 11 - RIT. FPO/D700 ©
Cleveland: (Delayed) W/F 932 Nathaniel Ave. BC 6 reported a 2.5 sty SFD with heavy smoke showing. Cos: Eng 31, 40, Lad 31, Squad 3, & BC 6. Eng 30 - Worker. Lad 30 - RIT. FPO/D700 ©
December 12, 2001
Cleveland: W/F 9405 Mara. BN 5 reports companies making good progress. Requesting Air Supply 1. FPO/D700 ©
Cleveland: W/F 9405 Mara. BN 5 reports fire U/C. 2 critical butn victims transported to St Michaels Hospital, then, to MetroHealth Medical Center Burn unit via LifeFlight crews. FPO/D700 ©
Columbus: MVA/PIN North Kellner Rd & Denver Ave. Cos: Eng 21, Med 21, EMS 14, Res2cuE, Res4cuE, BN 6. Eng 21 reports 1 pinned. FPO/D284 ©
Columbus: MVA/PIN North Kellner Rd & Denver Ave. Eng 21 reports victim is stable, car on its side. Res2cuE cancelled. FPO/D284 ©
Columbus: W/F 875 Wedgewood Dr. Cos: Eng 12, 192 (Franklin Twp), 17, Lad 12, 10, Res17cuE, Med 12, BN 5, 1. FPO/D217 ©
Columbus: W/F 875 Wedgewood Dr. W/F Cos: Eng 193. Med 195, EMS 15, SO 2. FPO/D217 ©
Columbus: W/F 875 Wedgewood Dr. BN 5 reports quick K/D of food on stove. Holding Eng 192, Lad 12. FPO/D217 ©
Orange Twp (Delaware): Construction Accident on Sweetwater Dr in Riverbend sub-division. Orange Twp Fire, DelCo Med 3. 35 year old male, fell 30 feet into basement. MedFlight # 1 S/C'd. FPO/240/D217 ©
Solon (Cuyahoga): W/F 33485 Station St. Heavy fire/smoke from roof. Cos: Eng 1, 2, Squad 1, 2, Car 3. FPO/D703 ©
Solon (Cuyahoga): W/F 33485 Station St. M/A chagrin Falls Trk 1, Res5cuE. FPO/D703 ©
Dayton: W/F 3210 Chuck Wagner Lane. Cos: Eng 12, 21, 18, Lad 14, 11, Central 2, Safety 2. S/C HazMat 1. FPO/D320 ©
Dayton: W/F 3210 Chuck Wagner Lane. Command requesting apparatus be staged. Eng 18, 9, Lad 15, East 1, Chief 3, & Air Truck 1 to staging. FPO/D320 ©
Solon (Cuyahoga): W/F 33485 Station St. Add Bedford Heights Eng 10, & Bainbridge (Geauga) Squad 3151 to the card. FPO/D703 ©
Liberty Twp (Union): W/F SR 31 & Osborne. Attic fire in 2 sty SFD. FPO/246/249/D223 ©
Liberty Twp (Union): W/F SR 31 & Osborne. Add Squad 315, Tank 313, Eng 272 & Utilities to the card. FPO/246/249/D223 ©
Dayton: W/F 15 Neil Ave x-st Main St. Fire in apt bldg. Cos: Eng 4, 9, 11, Lad 14, 11, Central 1. Command requesting companies to staging. Eng 13, 8, Lad 2, East 1, & Air Truck 1 to staging. FPO/D320 ©
Cleveland: (Delayed) W/F East 125 & Lancelot. BC 6 reported a 2.5 sty SFD with heavy smoke showing. 3 Engines, 2 Ladders, Squad 3, & BC 6. FPO/D700 ©
Dayton: W/F 15 Neil Ave x-st Main St. Eng 13 & 8 are now committed. Eng 10 & 2 to staging. Invest 3 added to the card. FPO/D320 ©
JEFFERSON Co., CO: (West of Denver)
Confirmed LODD fatality, 68 y/o Elk Creek volunteer firefighter was pronounced dead upon arrival at the hospital. He was the driver and sole occupant of the engine and they think he may have suffered a major heart attack before the accident.
Firefighter Killed In 285 Crash
Jim / MNN-001
Mountain NewsNet, Inc
On Friday, December 14th, 2001, Elk Creek, CO Fire Fighter Ralph VANCE died in the Line-of-Duty.
Brother Vance, 68 yoa, was driving a 2500 gallan tanker when the apparatus left the roadway, rolled down a 100' embankment. He was the only Fire Fighter on the truck. Ralph was responding to a reported chimney fire.
Even with help on the scene in minutes and being airlifted to a near-by Denver Hospital, he died shortly aftering arriving at the hospital.
FF Vance was a 32 year veteran of the Department. He leaves behind a wife, 2 adult children and one grandchild.
God Bless, Stay Safe and Keep the Faith!
*** REPORT FROM THE LINE OF FIRE ***
Fatal House Fire
Manatee County, Fla
Early Fri morning Dec 14th at 03:18 Southern Manatee FD
was dispatched to a reported house fire w/entrapment at
5012 17th St E. Crews, under the direction of B/C Tim
Berry, arrived ar 03:22 to find a 50 year old wooden
house, fully invovled & a 47yo female & 18yo male laying
outside the house suffering from burns & smoke
inhilation. Both those victims were airlifted to Tampa
General by Bayflight 1 & 3. Do the intensity of the
advancing fire, crews could not locate the 2 males that
neighbors reported were still in the house, both
subsequently died. Both victims were found laying next
to each other in the back of the house. Officials
believe both were trying to escape but unable to due to
the heavy smoke/fire conditions. Investigators from the
Southern Manatee FD and State Fire Marshalls Office
believe unattended cooking was the source of the fire.
A C.I.S.D Meeting was scheduled at 05:30 at SMFD St.1
for the first arriving crews and EMS paramedics. This
is a County Wide policy for any Fire Realted Death.
Units that responded were:
E-311, E-321, L-319 & B/C 3.
E-331 originally was relocated to SMFD St.1 for coverage
but sent to a local shopping plaza to handle the L.Z.
for Bayflight. They were then sent to the fire scene to
relieve the crew from E-311 so they could attend the
Manatee County Fire
LOS ANGELES, CA:
On Friday, December 14, 2001, at 0742 hours, sixteen companies of Los Angeles Firefighters, five LAFD Rescue Ambulances, three Battalion Command Teams, and other support units, responded to a reported explosion near 6500 West Yucca Street in the Hollywood area. First units on the scene reported smoke emitting from a DWP Electrical Vault. While waiting for DWP to respond, an explosion occurred. A five-story, center hallway apartment building adjacent to the explosion was investigated for the possibility of injuries and structural damage. Occupants of the structure were sheltered in place and no injuries were reported. No structural damage was found. The electrical vault was de-energized by the Department of Water and Power and the smoldering fire in the vault was extinguished by Firefighters using handlines. The cause of the explosions is under investigation by the Department of Water and Power.
REPORT PREPARED BY :
James "Jim" R. Wells
Public Service Officer
Los Angeles Fire Department
200 North Main Street, Room EOC-423
Los Angeles, CA 90012 USA
Fax: (213) 485-2708
LAFD E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
LAFD Website: http://www.lafd.org
12/14/01 1010hrs W/F Kansas City, MO Regency North Apartments, 6018 N Jefferson, working apt fire.
Pumpers 4, 34, 40, Quint 44, Truck 12, Rescue 16, Car 108.
Fri, 14 Dec 2001
PICKENS Co., GA: Fuller Mtn Rd & Young Loop Rd. Head on MVA btwn loaded sch bus & UPS delivery truck. 7 Inj, no condition details known yet. Triage still underway. Both Pickens & Cherokee Co units on scene (SI) HNAN DEWms
***BALTIMORE, MARYLAND FIRE HISTORY***
for December 14th:
1924: 2 Alarms - Box#8945 - 14 Lewiston Ave - Pimlico (Northwest Baltimore) - Box#8945 sounded @ 1407hrs for fire in a 3 story woodframe dwelling which had extended to the adjacent property & a 2nd alarm was sounded - Suddenly the high brick chimney fell & firefighters scattered in all directions - The falling bricks hit Firefighter William Hesse, E-40, & he was buried under the rubble - The firefighters turned & ran right back, & amid the still blazing structure, began to dig their comrade out - They made a heroic effort, imperiled by the tottering walls, but were able to drag Firefighter Hesse from the debris - He was transported to Colonial Hospital were he was pronounced dead - Another firefighter was also injured & taken to Colonial Hospital, but his injuries were not life threatening - Firefighter Hesse was 21 years old & appointed to the Department on 10/1/1924 - He was buried on 12/17/1924 in Mount Olivet Cemetery. (TUH*CHM1)
1969: 3 Alarms - Box#121 - 400 E Pratt St - Inner Harbor East (Downtown East) - Fire involved a 6 story brick vacant warehouse - Their was 1 civilian fatality. (CHM1)
1971: 3 Alarms + Special Call 3 Engines - Box#246 - 1109 Aisquith St - Northeast Of Downtown - Fire involved the Virginia Donut Company. (CHM1)
1991: E's 7, 17, 18, & 34 disbanded due to budget cuts - E-7 was in service on 7/15/1859 & active service on 9/27/1859 - Their quarters was located @ Druid Hill Ave & Eutaw St, Northwest of Downtown - The firehouse is occupied by an unknown establishment - E-17 was in service on 3/15/1895, disbanded on 7/5/1984, & reactivated on 9/1/1984 due to community protests - T-19, also located with E-17, wasn't so lucky & was also disbanded on 7/5/1984 - They were located @ Fort Ave & Haubert St, Locust Point (South Baltimore) - The firehouse is now occupied by a military reservist group - E-18 was in service on 2/15/1893 & located on 21st St, near Howard St, Charles Village (North Baltimore) - Their firehouse was demolished for a shopping center - E-34 was organized on 7/1/1909 & in service on 7/11/1910 - Their firehouse was located on Caroline St, near Gough St, Southeast of Downtown, & now stands vacant. (TUH*CHM2)
1992: 3 Alarms - Box#8628 - 1449hrs - 901 Druid Park Lake Dr - Reservoir Hill (Northwest Of Downtown) - Fire involved the trash chute of the 6 story Lakeside Apartments - 59 occupied apartments were evacuated - The damage was for the most part confined to the hallways, but 3 or 4 apartments did receive heavy smoke damage - 3 residents were treated for smoke inhalation & 1 for asthma. (TGA)
George T. Ehrman
14DEC1996 - New Orleans, LA - Maritime - 70,000 ton Bright Field (Liberian registry) carrying grain. 116 injured, 3 hospitalized.
14DEC1985 - Keystone, CO - Structural collapse - A chairlift packed with skiers collapses and they fall 50 feet down the mountainside. Eighteen are critically injured.
14DEC1976 - Baghdad -Bombing - A bomb hidden in a suitcase explodes killing 3 and injuring another 100.
14DEC1287 - Zuider, Netherlands - Dam / Seawall Collapse - Zuider Zee seawall collapses with the loss of 50,000 lives.
(yes, the date above - 1287 - is correct)
IBN - Editors
Buffalo Fire web site:
"Firefighting Seminar 2002"
Featuring Capt. David P. Fornell.
Sponsored by Jackson Professional Firefighters & Stark State College in North Canton, Ohio
Sat. February 9 & Sun. February 10, 2002 at Stark State College Auditorium.
0730 - 1630 hrs. Vendors Present, catered lunch included.
Sat. Feb. 9, 2002 AM - First Arriving Company Officer
PM - Standpipe Operations
Sun. Feb 10, 2002 AM - Attack Operations for Engine Officers, with a discussion on operations with low pressure nozzles.
PM - Fireground Command & Concerns for Company Officers, with a discussion on apparatus placement.
$70 for both days, $40 for one. Please register by 01-26-02.
Contact Kai Rieger at (330) 491-1985 or e-mail email@example.com for further info or registration.
Don't miss the area's hottest annual fire seminar!!
*** FireNet Group Of The Day: ***
(EC) East Coast Paging Systems
- Paul Trahon
All New England, Eastern Pa.
N.J. Part of Delaware & NYC.
Special Thanks to everyone who contributes fire news. ALSO a BIG THANKS to ALL FireNet pager groups who provide St. Louis FireNet with fire info. For a listing of these groups and how you can get a fire pager please e-mail me at:
Box 8 Club of St. Louis Inc.
World Of Fire E-Mail:
SUBSCRIBE TO World Of Fire Daily Report at:
Subscribe via e-mail to: WOF_Reportfirstname.lastname@example.org
View working fires reports & pictures at:
Content Copyright © 1998-2001 - World Of Fire Report. All Rights Reserved
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)