*** America's Fire Paging Notification Network ***
Local & National reports from pager notification networks around the U.S.
(All times are in Central Standard Time unless otherwise indicated)
Saturday, December 15, 2001
· BROOKLYN, NY: Working fire – Box 3652 at 3017 Brighten 7 St. Fire on the 2nd floor of a building. L153 FAST. [MNS-30*IAP]. 12:11a.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: 75-3652 at 3017 Brighten 7 St. near Oceanview Ave. Heavy smoke 2nd floor. No visible fire. S/C L172. BN-43 [MNS-30*IAP]. 12:16a.m.
· Update – BROOKLYN, NY: All Hands – box 3652 @ 3017 Brighton 7 St. near Oceanview. 2 or 3 story brick 20x60 occupied building. Fire top floor. BATT-43 reports fire under control. [EAN2]. 12:18a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a MVA Eastbound I-70 at Martin Luther King. They are reporting 1 fatality and other injuries. NFI-ATT. [STL819]. 12:30a.m.
· STLFN: VALLEY PARK (ST. LOUIS Co.), MO: Valley Park FPD *MVA* with Rescue in front of 1292 Hanna Rd. Companies on scene requesting West County Fire Unit 3517 to respond for additional equipment. NFI. [STL388]. 1:39a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS Co., MO: Berkley FD has a working house fire at 8525 Midwood. First due Pumper reports smoke and flames visible – pulling a preconnect. [STL/819]. 1:42a.m.
· QUEENS, NY: 75-4477 at 143-16 Barclay Ave. near Parsons Blvd. 6-story 100x75 occupied multiple dwelling with fire in Apt. 5H on the 5th floor. 2 lines run. BN-52. [MNS-30*IAP]. 4:03a.m.
· Final Update: QUEENS, NY: 75-4477 at 143-16 Barclay Ave. near Parsons Blvd. 6-story brick occupied multiple dwelling with fire on the 5th floor. All visible fire knocked down. L144 was FAST. Fire is PWH. [MNS-30*IAP]. 4:15a.m.
· STLFN: (Overnight Report 03:50hrs) – JEFFERSON Co., MO: DeSoto Rurual FPD had a fully involved garage fire at 5305 Manning Lane x Hillsboro Ave. Companies used a water shuttle for supply. Move-Ups made. [STL810]. 7:56a.m.
· STLFN: BROOKLYN (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: Brooklyn FD has a working structure fire at 509 Adams St. Mutual Aid requested from Fairmont City FD. [STL810]. 8:48a.m.
· STLFN: ST. CLAIR Co., IL: Church Road FD has a structure fire at 905 Robert Price St. [STL810]. 8:50a.m.
· STLFN: ST. CLAIR Co., IL: Update on Church Road FD’s working structure fire at 905 Robert Price St. Mutual Aid requested from Golden Gardens, Midway & Alorton FD’s. [STL810]. 8:53a.m.
· STLFN: Update – CENTREVILLE (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: Church Road FD’s working structure fire at 905 Robert Price Road. Believed to be an occupied house. Mutual Aid requested from Golden Gardens, Midway & Alorton FD’s. [STL810]. 8:57a.m.
· PERTH AMBOY (MIDDLESEX Co.), NJ: *Second Alarm* 343 Covery Rd. Hunan Palace. Working fire. Request for additional manpower to the scene and cover ups. [EAN700]. 8:58a.m.
· STLFN: BROOKLYN (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: Update – Brooklyn FD’s house fire at 509 Adams St. is reported to be well involved in fire. Mutual Aid from Madison FD. An Ambulance has also been special called. House believed to be occupied. [STL810]. 9:00a.m.
· NORTH BERGEN (HUDSON Co.), NJ: *Working fire* @ 1408 8th St. Fire in a 2-story building. FD reporting fire showing on arrival. Request additional Ladder Truck to scene. [EAN503]. 9:54a.m.
· NORTH BERGEN (HUDSON Co.), NJ: *2nd Alarm* 1408 8th St. Heavy fire on the 2nd floor of a 2-story private dwelling. [EAN503]. 10:01a.m.
· STLFN: BROOKLYN (ST.CLAIR Co.), IL: Update - Brooklyn FD's *1st Alarm* house fire at (corrected) 511 Adams. 1-story frame dwelling. 3 lines off. Co.'s hitting hot spots. Possibly 1 DOA. [STL810*/899]. 10:31a.m.
· Update - NORTH BERGEN (HUDSON Co.), NJ: *2nd Alarm* 1408 8th St. Fire is in a 2-story private dwelling. 2 lines stretched in service. Fire is still DWH. [EAN5035/EAN503]. 10:03a.m.
· WANTAGH (NASSAU Co.), NJ: Working fire at 84 Elton Dr. Fire in a private dwelling. [MNS432]. 10:56a.m.
· Update – WANTAGH, NJ: Working fire at 84 Elton. Fire in a private dwelling. Main body of fire has been knocked down. Fire is Signal 12. (PWH). [MNS432]. 11:01a.m.
· POUGHKEEPSIE (DUTCHESS Co.), NY: *Working fire* 97 North Bridge St. Working structure fire. M/A FAST Team to the scene. [EAN501/EAN14]. 11:20a.m.
· MIDDLETOWN, CT: 2nd Alarm at 51 Silver St. rear porches – unknown type building. NFI. [CWP/CT19/CT1062/CT80]. 11:27a.m.
· DEARBORN (WAYNE Co.), MI: **2nd Alarm Equiv.** 3001 Miller @ Double Eagle Steel. Fire in a Steel Treating Plant @ Ford Rouge complex. Ford Rouge FD on scene with M/A from Dearborn Fire Station’s 1, 3 & 4. [FNNM-200]. 11:43a.m.
· POUGHKEEPSIE (DUTCHESS Co.), NY: **2nd Alarm Equiv.** 97 North Bridge St. Working house fire. Additional M/A to the scene. [EAN501/EAN14]. 11:55a.m.
· MFN: ANNAPOLIS, MD: Marina Fire at the end of Americana Dr. Command reporting *2* large boats fully involved. Multiple lines stretched at this time. [MFN-1]. 12:34p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: All Hands – Box 3247 @ Haring St. & Voorhies Ave. 2-story 20x40 private dwelling. BATT33 reports fire in the rear. 3 lines run. DWH. [EAN2]. 1:40p.m.
· Update – BROOKLYN, NY: All Hands – Box 3247 @ Haring St. & Voohries Ave. 2-story 20x40 private dwelling. Fire in the rear. BATT33 reports fire #1 floor rear. Searches in progress. Trucks opening up and checking for extensions. Remains DWH. [EAN2]. 1:50p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: 7-5 Box 3247 at Voohries Ave near Haring St. Fire is located in the first floor rear of a 2-story dwelling 20x40. BC33 reports 2 lines stretched & in operation. Fire is knocked down. Searches are negative. Fire is PWH. [MNS66]. 1:58p.m.
· RAHWAY (UNION Co.), NJ: (Delayed) – Found hand grenade – Montgomery St. FD & County Bomb Squad operated. Devise was found in an occupied dwelling. [EAN44]. 2:18p.m.
· BELMONT TWP. (LEAVENWORTH Co.), KS: 2nd Alarm Equiv. for the working structure fire @ 15510 State Ave. x 155th Street. 1-story Commercial building with heavy smoke showing from rear. Stranger, Delaware, Tommy & Sherman Twps. All M/A with Tankers. [KCFN-02]. 2:35p.m.
· JERSEY CITY (HUDSON Co.), NJ: *Working fire* 3047 Kennedy Blvd (Box 318) for a fire in the basement of a 3-story ordinary building. BATT-3 Chief Fitzgerald places the fire under control. [EAN39/EAN318]. 3:07p.m.
· BELMONT TWP. (LEAVENWORTH Co.), KS: 3rd Alarm Equiv.* @ 15510 State Ave. x 155th St. for the commercial structure fire. This is for Tankers & manpower. [KCFN-02]. 3:10p.m.
· Update – BELMONT TWP. (LEAVENWORTH Co.), KS: The 3rd Alarm Equiv. @ “Nickelmeyer’s,” 15510 State Ave. has been struck out b/o 759. This was a 1-story Commercial building. Fire in the cockloft. Fire now under control. [KCFN-02]. 3:45p.m.
· VERNON (ESSEX Co.), NJ: Working fire at 664 Canistear Rd. M/A to the scene. [EAN301/EAN100]. 3:47p.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: Still & Box Alarm b/o BATT#1 @ Randolph & Franklin. He has a 40x40, 4-story building with fire on the top floor. [CHGO-24/1+/138+] ©. 4:55p.m.
· PHILADELPHIA, PA: *Working fire* at 65th & Woodland for fire in a church. S/C additional Companies to the scene. NFI. [EAN3305]. 5:04p.m.
· City of LAPEER (LAPEER Co.), MI: **2nd Alarm** @ 2303 Ospy Drive. Working fire in a residential structure. M/A from Columbianville FD for full assist. [FNNM-358]. 5:06p.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: Update on the Still & Box Alarm: corrected address of 300 W. Randolph. 4-story brick 40x40 with fire on the 2nd floor. 3 lines working. [CHGO-7/24/138$]. 5:16p.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: A 2-11 Alarm @ 300 W. Randolph b/o 2-2-1. S/C for a 3rd Tower Ladder. [CHGO-7]. 5:16p.m.
· PHILADELPHIA, PA: **2nd Alarm** on Box 6594 at 65th St. & Woodland Ave. Deputy Chief has fire & heavy smoke in a 3-story Church 75x75. Companies going into defensive mode. Still DWH. [EAN3305]. 5:22p.m.
· PHILADELPHIA, PA: *3rd Alarm* on Box 6594 at 65th St. & Woodland Ave. 3-story Church 75x75 occupied. Heavy fire thru roof. Roof is collapsing in. Fire is very DWH. [EAN3305]. 5:42p.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: The 2-11 Alarm @ 300 W. Randolph has been Struck Out b/o 2-1-25. Fire was on the 2nd , 3rd & 4th floors. Handlines used on an interior attack. [CHGO-7/138*]. 5:44p.m.
· MFN: BALTIMORE, MD: Dwelling fire at 4301 Frankford – Box Alarm 54-16. E-54 (Capt. Rafferty) reporting a 2.5-story frame with heavy smoke showing. Request *Working Fire* [MFN-4]. 6:33p.m.
· Working fire – PROVIDENCE, RI: 66 Bridgham St. Fire top floor of a 2.5-story wood frame occupied multiple dwelling. Bulk of fire is knocked down. Companies opening up. S/C Engine & Ladder. C51/C319 on scene. [TAC9-C51]. 6:43p.m.
· MFN-Update: BALTIMORE, MD: Dwelling fire in an occupied building @ 4301 Frankford Ave. (Box Alarm 54-16). BC-4 (Curbeam) reporting heavy fire showing top floor. Several attack lines stretched. [MFN-4]. 6:49p.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: Working fire – Box 504 at 33 University Place. Duct work in the kitchen of a Restaurant. [MNS-30*IAP]. 6:58p.m.
· ELSMERE (NEW CASTLE Co.), DE: Baltimore St. & Ohio St. *Working building fire* Chief on scene reports a working basement fire. Unknown building size up. M/A to work & cover. [EAN23]. 7:00p.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: 75-504 at 33 University Place near 8th St. 7-story brick 200x100 mixed/occupancy. Fire 1st floor kitchen ductwork of a Restaurant. L20 FAST. BN-6. [MNS-30*IAP]. 7:01p.m.
· Update – ELSMERE (NEW CASTLE Co.), DE: Correct address is Baltimore St. between Northern & Western St. Dwelling fire. Chief reports (2) 1.75” lines in service in the basement. Crews conducting primary search at this time. [EAN23]. 7:03p.m.
· PHILADELPHIA, PA: *3rd Alarm* Woodland @ 64th St. Fire in a 3-story Church – top floor. Fire darkening down. (TIP) [MNS-30*IAP]. 7:14p.m.
· Update – MANHATTAN, NY: 75-504 at 33 University Place near E. 8th St. 7-story brick 200x100 mixed occupancy. Ductwork fire. Main body of fire knocked down. Still have heat on upper floors. DIV-1. [MNS-30*IAP]. 7:34p.m.
· ATLANTA, GA: *2nd Alarm* 214 Peachtree Battle Ave. Large 2-story residential structure with slate roof. Heavy fire 2nd floor & attic. 7 Engines, 4 Trucks, Squad, Support & Chiefs. PWH. [HNAN/RD1]. 7:37p.m.
· TEANECK (BERGEN Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm** 243 Rosemont Ave near Englewood Place. Fire in a 2.5-story frame. M/A for cover. [MFR*EAN402*EAN301]. 7:45p.m.
· Update – MANHATTAN, NY: 75-504 at 33 University Place near E. 8th St. 3 lines run, 1 to the 1st floor kitchen, 1 to roof & 1 to the 3rd floor. All visible fire knocked down. Primary searches negative. PWH b/o DIV-1. [MNS-30*IAP]. 7:55p.m.
· Working fire – WATERVILLE, ME: 17 College Avenue. A structure fire. All Hands working. Searches in progress. [TAC9-C122]. 7:56p.m.
· Update – TEANECK (BERGEN Co.), NJ: *2nd Alarm* 243 Rosemont Ave. Couch fire on #1 floor knocked down. Extension to 2nd floor via walls. All visible fire knocked down. PWH. [MFR685 O/S * EAN301]. 8:00p.m.
· KANSAS CITY, MO: Working fire @ 9500 Grandview x Bannister Rd. 1-story wood frame – well involved. 2 small lines off so far. P36, P37, R9, Q28, CAR107. [KCFN-02]. 8:19p.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: 75-1809 at 559 W. 207th St. near Sherman Ave. 5-story brick mixed occupancy. Fire 1st floor store. BN-27 [MNS-30*IAP]. 8:23p.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: All Hands Box 1809 @ Vermilyea Ave. & W. 207th St. 5-story brick 100x100 mixed occupancy. BATT27 reports fire #1 floor Liquor Store. 2 lines run. Main body of fire knocked down. [EAN2]. 8:26p.m.
· HIALEAH (DADE Co.), FL: 2nd Alarm Warehouse fire. Hialeah FD on scene at W. 9th Ave. & 23rd St. Heavy smoke & flames showing on arrival. [GCFN02/. SNS NEWSDESK]. 8:51p.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: **FDNY MVA** 112th St. & Madison Ave. EMS Unit in a minor MVA. No injuries to EMS personnel. [MNS-30*IAP]. 8:51p.m.
· NEWARK (ESSEX Co.), NJ: **All Hands** Box-4147 at 19 Stratford Place. Fire in the walls of an occupied multiple dwelling. [EAN301]. 8:54p.m.
· Working fire – NORTH PROVIDENCE, RI: 1 Greystone Dr. Fire in a Commercial building. [TAC9-C51]. 9:12p.m.
· 2nd Alarm – NORTH PROVIDENCE, RI: 1 Greystone Ave. Fire floor 3 with extension to floor 4 of a 5-story brick Mill building. C51/C319 on scene. [TAC9-C51]. 9:24p.m.
· Update – 2nd Alarm – NORTH PROVIDENCE, RI: 1 Greystone Ave. Fire was a transformer explosion on floor 3. Bulk of the fire is knocked down. Companies overhauling. PWH. C105/C319/C51 on scene. [TAC9-C51]. 9:54p.m.
· BRONX, NY: 75-2512 at 1035 Hall Place. near 165th St. 6-story brick 50x50 occupied multiple dwelling. Fire top floor. NFI. MNS-154 [MNS-30*IAP]. 10:40p.m.
· Update – 2nd Alarm – NORTH PROVIDENCE, RI: 1 Greystone Ave. Now a Haz-Mat situation. Building houses Plating Company. OIC reporting a severe Hazmat situation in the basement. All Companies still working. C319. [TAC9-C51]. 10:57p.m.
· LAKE CARMEL (PUTNAM Co.), NY: *Working fire* (delayed) on Lottie Rd. Structure fire. M/A to scene. [EAN351]. 11:02p.m.
· MIAMI (DADE Co.), FL: City of Miami Fire Units (many on scene) of a 2nd Alarm fire in a Boat Yard. Very heavy smoke/flames showing on arrival at 1115 N.W. 22nd Ave. [GCFN02]. 11:27p.m.
· STLFN: BROOKLYN (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: Brooklyn FD has an Emergency Response on Rt.3 in Brooklyn for an unknown type incident. M/A for Church Road FD to stand-by @ Engine house. [STL899]. 11:50p.m.
· STLFN: BROOKLYN (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: Update – Brooklyn, FD’s Emergency Response is @ the Platinum Club off of Rt.3 & Madison St. Unknown type incident. M/A Church Road FD to scene. [EAN899]. 11:54p.m.
*** FirePage Ohio® Report for 12/13/01 to 12/15/01 ***
FirePage Ohio® covers all of Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, Northern Kentucky and we will soon add Eastern Indiana and the City of Indianapolis. As of January 1st, 2002, we will be sending all of our incident notifications via email, so if you carry an alphanumeric pager, PDA or cell phone, and that device has an email address, we can get the information to you.
For additional information, you can contact us at our office, (937) 399-4197, email us at email@example.com or visit our web site at http://www.firepageohio.com.
If you'd like to report an incident, please call our hotline number: 1-888-342-0143, and leave a message. Please make sure you include your name and a call back number.
This report is complied by FirePage Ohio® Dispatcher Scott Berringer ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
December 13, 2001
Harbor Creek, PA (Erie): MVA/PIN Williams & Firman. Cos: Eng 224, Res 228, Squad 227, Med 95. Car vs Tree. FPO/800/D217 ©
Fowler Twp (Trumbull): MVA/PIN SR 11 & SR 305. 2 car MVA with person pinned. Sta 23 req M/A Res46cuE (Vienna Twp) and Medic 12 (Cortland Twp). Heavy damage. FPO/256/D276 ©
Vienna Twp (Trumbull): MVA/PIN SR 11 & SR 82. Cos: Eng 46, Res46cuE, Car 46, Squad 23 (Fowler Twp), Med 46. One car MVA with person pinned. Several MVAs in same area. FPO/256/D276 ©
Cleveland: W/F West 84 & Franklin. BC 3 reports 3 sty brk apt bldg Fully Involved. Cos: Eng 23, 33, Lad 23, Squad 2, & BC 3. Eng 24 - Worker. Lad 4 - RIT. FPO/D700 ©
Cleveland: W/F West 84 & Franklin. Per BC 3, S/C Lad 20. FPO/D700 ©
Morrow County: (Delayed from 2051) MVA/EJECTION US 42 & Hawk Rd. 2-3 victims. Units from Waldo, Fort Morrow, DelCo Med 5, Ashley Sta 310, Morrow County Med 1 on scene. 2 victims transported to Marion General. FPO/246/D320 ©
December 14, 2001
Columbus: W/F 1891 Oakland Park Ave. W/F by Med 61 (Clinton Twp). Smoke rolling out of a 2 sty apt bldg. Cos: Eng 61, 16, 18, 132 (Mifflin Twp), Lad 13, 24, Res16cuE, Med 61, 16, EMS 13, BN 3, 2. FPO/D221 ©
Cleveland: W/F East 114 & Asbury. BC 6 reports a 2 sty SFD well involved. Cos: Eng 10, 22, Lad 10, Squad 3, & BC 6. Eng 30 - Worker. Lad 30 - RIT. 1 Fatality on 1st floor. FPO/D700 ©
Montville (Medina): MVA/TRAUMA I-71 & Good Rd. LifeFlight # 2 (5128) S/C'd. FPO/D703 ©
Rootstown (Portage): W/F 3196 Cline Rd. Fully involved barn fire. M/A for tankers. FPO/701/D703 ©
North East, PA (Erie): W/F 1875 Dewey Rd. Cos: Eng 202, 204, Lad 209, Tank 206, RP 212, Squad 207, Chief 201. Fire in 1.5 sty SFD. FPO/801/D276 ©
Miami Twp (Montgomery): MVA/PIN 4736 Cordell Dr. At least 1 pinned. Res48cuE setting up to use the tool. M/A Moraine Med 3. FPO/D320 ©
Miami Twp (Montgomery): MVA/PIN 4736 Cordell Dr. 2 victims were pinned. One to Kettering Medical Center via Moraine Med 3. Cos: Eng 48, 48-2, Res48cuE, Med 48, 50?. FPO/D320 ©
Miami Twp (Montgomery): MVA/PIN 4736 Cordell Dr. Med 48 transporting second victim to Kettering Medical Center. FPO/D320 ©
December 15, 2001
Harrison Twp (Montgomery): W/F 50 Fer Don Dr. Heavy fire from 2 sty SFD. Cos: Eng 3, 4, T/L 30. M/A from Trotwood. FPO/D320 ©
Harrison Twp (Montgomery): W/F 50 Fer Don Dr. Fire is "Blowing" out both ends of structure. Possible water problems. Fire has vented. DWH. FPO/D320 ©
Harrison Twp (Montgomery): W/F 50 Fer Don Dr. Crews starting to get a knock on the fire. Command requesting Huber Heights to C/Q at Sta 4. T/L 30 up & flowing, FPO/D320 ©
Youngstown: W/F 525 East Midlothian. Cos: Eng 9, 2, 15, Lad 24, Squad 33, BN 1, 2. Eng 9 reports fire in unknown type structure. FPO/D323 ©
Waterford, PA (Erie): MVA/TRAUMA/EJECTION 10538 SR 19. Cos: Eng 141, Res143cuE, Squad 146, EMS 39. 1 car rollover. Victim ejected 40 feet. Life*Star Helo S/C'd. Eng 71 (Perry Hi-Way) has LZ command. FPO/800/D323 ©
Whitehall (Franklin): W/F 4750 East Main St. Cos: Eng 151, 164 (Truro Twp), 23 (Columbus), Lad 154 (DCSC), 131 (Mifflin Twp), Res4cuE, Med 151, 152, 23, BN 151, 131, 6. Fire in freezer at "Golden Coral Restaurant". FPO/D260 ©
Whitehall (Franklin): W/F 4750 East Main St. W/F Cos: Eng 131, Med 5. PPV in progress. Fire K/D. FPO/221/D260 ©
Hubbard Twp (Trumbull): W/F on Valley Dr. Hobile Home fire with smoke showing. TC911/FPO/D323 ©
Troy Twp (Morrow): MVA/PIN SR 314 & SR 97. Semi vs Pick-Up Truck. 1 Ejected, 1 pinned. MedFlight S/C'd with 23 minute ETE. FPO/D240 ©
Troy Twp (Morrow): MVA/PIN SR 314 & SR 97. Cos: Eng 141, Res142cuE, Med 149, Morrow County Med 5. Officer 143 is IC. FPO/D240 ©
Columbus: *Person Struck* on East Broad St @ Cardinal Park Dr. Cos: Med 5, 162 (Truro Twp), 151 (Whitehall), Res4cuE, Eng 5, Lad 23, EMS 16, BN 6. FPO/D249 ©
Columbus: *Person Struck* on East Broad St @ Cardinal Park Dr. 1 DOA on scene. Med 161, 5 to Mt Carmel with victim in trauma arrest. FPO/D249 ©
Marysville (Union): W/F 14183 Bellepoint Rd. Sta 271, 370, Eng 210 (Jerome Twp), Med 261 (Pleasant Valley). FPO/249/D223 ©
Marysville (Union): W/F 14138 Bellepoint Rd. Eng 210 reports heavy fire. S/C Trk 271, Res283cuE and 2nd Alarm Tankers. FPO/249/D223 ©
Marysville (Union): W/F 14138 Bellepoint Rd. S/C Eng 282, 301. Still heavy fire conditions. FPO/249/D223 ©
Trotwood (Montgomery): Extra Company MVA Salem & Turner. Cos: Eng 73, Res73cuE, Med 73, 74, Harrison Med 3. FPO/D320 ©
Marysville (Union): W/F 14138 Bellepoint Rd. Command reports fire K/D. Holding all companies. Utilities S/C'd. FPO/249/D223 ©
Utica (Licking): W/F 797 North St. M/A Newton, Homer & Monroe Twps. MedFlight # 1 (117MK) on stand-by for burn victim. FPO/249/D223 ©
Cleveland: (Delayed) W/F 17909 Harvard Ave. BC 5 reported smoke from 2nd floor of 2 sty brk comm'l bldg. Cos: Eng 6, 36, Lad 36, Squad 1, & BC 5. Eng 41 - Worker. Lad 11 - RIT. FPO/D700 ©
Utica (Licking): W/F 797 North St. Command cancelled MedFlight. FPO/249/D223 ©
Lakewood (Cuyahoga): (Delayed) W/F on Warren Rd. Fire in unknown type structure. Red Cross S/C'd. All Lakewood units tied up. FPO/D703 ©
--- Pages for the week: 12/9 thru 12/15 = 109
*** REPORT FROM THE LINE OF FIRE ***
12/15/01 W/F Olathe, KS Rolling Ridge Apartments, 100 W. Elm St x Parker,
E525 has fire showing on arrival.
E525, E521, E530, Q556, BC505, EMS1140.
12/15/01 0500hrs W/F Kansas City, MO 3800blk of Brooklyn Ave, working fire in a 3-sty brick apt bldg, 2 children rescued, one in critical condition. Pumpers 17, 18, 19, Trks 2, 7, Rescue 31, Car 104
W/F Leavenworth County, KS: 155th & State Ave in Basehor, 3 businesses destroyed (gift store, beauty shop, liquor store), 6 damaged, Fairmount Township FPD responding, 6 other departments M/A.
Franklin, WI ( Milwaukee County)- W/F at 8863 Lake Pointe Circle. Companies find light smoke conditions on arrival. Interior crews find heavy smoke and heat conditions, fire in kitchen. (FFD 204, 206, 208, 220, Hales Corners, Greendale all due on the Full Assignment, Oak Creek engine on the special)
Cincinnati Fire Division
Media Contact: District Chief John Zompero
Incident Location: 634 Neave Street
Good evening. This is District 2 Chief John Zompero of the Cincinnati Fire Division reporting on a one alarm fire that occurred Saturday evening 12/15/01 in the Lower Price Hill area. Fire dispatch received a cell phone call by a passer-by reporting fire showing in a 3rd floor window of a three story multi-dwelling at 634 Neave St. Fire companies were dispatched at 8:14 PM and arrived on the scene to find a fire on the 3rd floor and attic area of an occupied building. Upon entering the building, firefighters discovered that fire had consumed the stairway between the 3rd floor and attic. Crews improvised by using a ground ladder in place of the burned out stairs to access the attic area and extinguish the blaze. Fortunately, the area of the building involved in fire was unoccupied. All other occupants were able to escape the building unharmed.
The fire did an estimated $25,000 damage and the cause is still under investigation. There were no reported injuries.
For additional information, call District Chief John Zompero at 352-2322.
***BALTIMORE, MARYLAND FIRE HISTORY***
for December 15th:
1880: T-4 in service - Disbanded due to budget cuts 3/14/1995. (CHM2)
1897: E-21 in service - Presently still in service @ Roland & Union Aves, Hampden (North of Downtown) with Medic-11 - T-9 was also quartered there until they were disbanded due to budget cuts on 7/19/2000. (CHM2)
1957: 4 Alarms - Box#574 - 113 W Baltimore St - Downtown West - Fire involved the Oyster Bay Restaurant. (CHM1)
1958: 5 Alarms - Box#725 - 2304-2306 Frederick Ave - Southwest Baltimore - Fire involved the Stylewood Company. (CHM1)
George T. Ehrman
15DEC1996 - Medellin, Colombia - Terrorism / Explosion - 120 lbs of dynamite in a minivan exploded in front of the home a local newspaper editor and politician. The 5 attackers shot private guards before the bomb was detonated at 5:30 a.m. 1 killed, 48 injured.
15DEC1970 - Korea - Maritime - Ferryboat capsized in Korean Strait drowning 261.
15DEC1967 - Point Pleasant, WV - Structural collapse - The 1700' span of the Silver Bay Bridge collapses into the Ohio River during the height of rush hour. Thirty-six bodies were ultimately recovered.
15DEC1965 - Ganges River, India - Cyclone/Hurricane - 3rd cyclone of year kills another 15,000 at mouths of Ganges River.
IBN - Editors
Herculaneum (Missouri) Fire Department -
Herculaneum Fire Department
Celebrates 50 Years of Service
*** FireNet Group Of The Day: ***
(VFN)Virginia Fire Notification Network
P.O. Box 9513
Virginia Beach VA 23450
Voice mail system (757)671-3813
Pete Yates Association President(VFN01)
Jason Thurston Comunications supervisor(VFN05)
Mike Carden Asst. Comm supervisor(VFN08)
"Tidewaters oldest and largest notification network"
We cover the Tidewater area and Northeast North Carolina and growing everyday. Local coverage is provided by our staff of 10 dispatchers, dedicated to provide the most accurate information available. We also offer national multi alarm coverage by our 23 national affiliates, and we are always looking for more.
Special Thanks to everyone who contributes fire news. ALSO a BIG THANKS to ALL FireNet pager groups who provide St. Louis FireNet with fire info. For a listing of these groups and how you can get a fire pager please e-mail me at:
Box 8 Club of St. Louis Inc.
World Of Fire E-Mail:
SUBSCRIBE TO World Of Fire Daily Report at:
Subscribe via e-mail to: WOF_Reportemail@example.com
View working fires reports & pictures at:
Content Copyright © 1998-2001 - World Of Fire Report. All Rights Reserved
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: World Of Fire Report: 12-15-01
12-18-2001, 12:44 AM #1
World Of Fire Report: 12-15-01
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)