Thread: World Of Fire Report: 12-20-01
12-22-2001, 09:12 PM #1
World Of Fire Report: 12-20-01
*** America's Fire Paging Notification Network ***
Local & National reports from pager notification networks around the U.S.
(All times are in Central Standard Time unless otherwise indicated)
Thursday, December 20, 2001
· 2nd Alarm NATICK, MA Box-181 10 Algonquin Drive. CAR-2 reports heavy fire conditions in a private dwelling with attached garage. Mutual Aid in from Framingham & Wellesley. All Companies working. DWH *154.2050* [TAC9-C20]. 1:20a.m.
· Update - 2nd Alarm – NATICK, MA: Box 181 at 10 Algonquin Drive. CAR-2 reports heavy fire in a large 2-story wood frame private dwelling with attached garage. M/A in from Framingham, Wellesley, Wayland, Sherborn to scene & cover. DWH. [TAC9-C20]. 1:38a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a 1st Alarm for a fire in a house at 1220 Goodfellow b/o BC 805. BC805 reports a 2-story brick with heavy fire. PUMPERS: 13, 30, 28, 24, H&L-15, BC805 & 806, Squad-2. [STL819]. 2:04a.m.
· 3rd Alarm – NATICK, MA: Box-181 at 10 Algonquin Drive. Heavy fire in a large occupied 2-story wood frame duplex with attached garage. Extensive M/A to the scene & coverage. All Companies working. DWH. [TAC9-C20]. 2:06a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update on STLFD’s *1st Alarm* at 1220 Goodfellow. BC805 reports 2 lines off and all occupants are accounted for. [STL819]. 2:17a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update – STLFD’s *1st Alarm* at 1220 Goodfellow. By orders of BC805 all Companies are to evacuate the building. [STL819]. 2:22a.m.
· DUMONT (BERGEN Co.), NJ: *Working fire* on Delaware Ave. 2.5-story wood frame dwelling. M/A from Bergenfield & New Milford. [NJ480/EAN216]. 2:23a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update on STLFD’s *1st Alarm* at 1220 Goodfellow. BC 806 has requested FIU CAR-821 to the scene. [STL819]. 2:25a.m.
· Working fire – RANDOLPH, MA: 61 Bridal Path. Reported fire on the #2 floor of a dwelling. 1 line stretched & operating. Main body of fire knocked down. Companies overhauling. PWH. [TAC9-C20]. 2:27a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update on STLFD's 1st Alarm at 1220 Goodfellow. BC 805 reports at Second 20 minute MARC that they have 3 Ladder Pipes in operation. [STL819]. 2:45a.m.
· Update – DUMONT (BERGEN Co.), NJ: *Working fire* at 66 Delaware Ave. Multiple handlines in operation. 4 victims rescued. Request additional BLS from surrounding towns. [NJ480/EAN216]. 2:56a.m.
· STLFN: Update – ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD’s *1st Alarm* at 1220 Goodfellow. BC805 reports the fire is under control. [STL819]. 3:02a.m.
· NEWARK (ESSEX Co.), NJ: Working fire at 450 15th St. Fire on the 3rd floor. Companies overhauling. [EAN305]. 3:06a.m.
· Update – NEWARK (ESSEX Co.), NJ: Working fire at 450 15th St. Vacant frame with fire on the 3rd floor, in the walls & cockloft. 2 lines working. 1 Firefighter with a head injury. S/C Arson Team. [EAN305]. 3:14a.m.
· JERSEY CITY (HUDSON Co.), NJ: *All Hands* on Palisades Ave. (Dist. 400). Fire in a unknown type dwelling. 2 lines stretched. [EAN503]. 6:09a.m.
· Update – JERSEY CITY (HUDSON Co.), NJ: *All Hands* Box-400 at 404 Palisades Ave. Fire in an occupied 3-story frame. Numerous removed uninjured. [EAN301]. 6:10a.m.
· Update – JERSEY CITY (HUDSON Co.), NJ: *All Hands* Box-400 at 404 Palisades Ave. Fire contained to a 3rd floor bedroom area. Sounds PWH. S/C Red Cross. [EAN503*318*EAN301]. 6:14a.m.
· STLFN: BELLEVILLE (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: (0100hrs) – East Side FD was on the scene of a fully involved shed fire @ 42 Whiteside Dr. Second Engine in hit the nearest hydrant. Fire was under control in 10 minutes. Companies on scene: Engine 410, 409, 171, Truck 406 and Chief 175. *FINAL* [STL 835]. 7:53a.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: 75-1688 AT 91 Ft. Washington Ave. x 163rd St. Fire on the 4th floor of a 6-story 100x100. 1 10-45 Code-1. [MNS-154/119]. 8:30a.m.
· Update – MANHATTAN, NY: 75-1688 at 91 Ft. Washington Ave. x 163rd St. Fire has been knocked down. Primary searches in progress. 1 10-45 Code 1. Another FAST Truck Special called. PWH. [MNS-154/119]. 8:37a.m.
· QUEENS, NY: 75-1150 at 10-59 Bay 32 St. Basement fire in a 2-story frame 20x40. [MNS-516]. 9:06a.m.
· ANNE ARUNDEL Co., MD: **2nd Alarm** Dwelling fire at 4429 Claybrook Dr. (Co.9 – Harword Lothium). Tanker operations. M/A Calvert & Prince Georges Co. [DC2]. 9:14a.m.
· JERSEY CITY (HUDSON Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm** 53 Crescent Ave. 3-story row house. [MNS-516]. 9:34a.m.
· Update – ANNE ARUNDEL Co., MD: *2nd Alarm* Dwelling fire at 4429 Claybrook Dr. (Harwood Lothian). *Evacuation tones sounded* Heavy fire conditions. Drafting site set up. [DC2,51]. 9:34a.m.
· JERSEY CITY (HUDSON Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm on arrival** 43-45 Crescent Ave. (Box 666). Fire in the cockloft of a 3-story wood frame. [EAN318]. 9:38a.m.
· IRVINGTON (ESSEX Co.), NJ: *2nd Alarm* on Columbia. They have heavy fire in the basement. Fire extended to 1st & 2nd floors of a occupied multiple dwelling. Command now backing members out of the building. [EAN503/EAN388]. 9:38a.m.
· Update – JERSEY CITY (HUDSON Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm** Correct address is 43 Crescent Ave. (Box 666). DIV-1 Chief Thomas Kearney places the fire under control. [EAN39/EAN318]. 9:41a.m.
· Update - ANNE ARUNDEL Co., MD: 2nd Alarm at 4429 Claybrook Dr. Had heavy fire in a 2 story frame dwelling. Interior attack resumed. Heavy fire knocked down. Still have hotspots. [DC2]. 9:43a.m.
· INDIANAPOLIS, IN: 500 N. Arlington Ave. 1-story building at a Golf Course. Long layouts. [INDY-12]. 9:45a.m.
· IRVINGTON (ESSEX Co.), NJ: **3rd Alarm** 226 Columbia Ave. Heavy fire in the basement with extension to the 1st & 2nd floors of an occupied multiple dwelling. All members are being backed out by Command. Going to outside operations. [EAN388]. 9:48a.m.
· Update – IRVINGTON (ESSEX Co.), NJ: **3rd Alarm(+)** 226 Columbia Ave. Still have fire on the 2nd floor. Trucks opening the roof. Request additional Truck to the scene. All Companies working. [EAN388]. 10:09a.m.
· MASTIC BEACH (SUFFOLK Co.), NY: *Working fire* 173 Daisy Rd off Map. M/A Mastic for 1 Engine to the scene. Re-tone for manpower. [MNS116/143]. 11:22a.m.
· FULTON Co., GA: Multi-Alarm at 8085 Brandon Mill Rd. in Sandy Springs. Early a.m. fire (unreported to HNAN) in a 3-story Garden Apartment building – well involved – through the roof. While overhauling, about 09:45hrs EST, an explosion & working fire in a second building – also well involved. M/A from 4 FD’s. All Fulton Co. Northside Units committed. Now investigating & overhauling both buildings. ATF on scene. [HNAN/BillD]. 12:05p.m.
· JERSEY CITY (HUDSON Co.), NJ: *Working fire* 563 Montgomery Street. (Box 697). Fire in a 12-story brick Project Building. 2nd Alarm Companies returned. Fire knocked down. [EAN318]. 12:41p.m.
· MORGANTOWN, IN: 1716 SR 252 – Working house fire. M/A numerous Depts. [INDY-12]. 12:47p.m.
· THURMONT (FRED Co.), MD: 2nd Alarm at 408 Main St., Thurmont Middle School. M/A Adams & Franklin Co., PA. [DC/PA1]. 12:52p.m.
· EWING TWP. (MERCER Co.), NJ: *Working fire* 28 Scarsdale Dr. Chief on scene reporting exterior fire extended into the home. First due Engines to drop lines. [NJ282*EAN503]. 1:04p.m.
· SOUTHINGTON, CT: Working fire at 35 Bruce Ave. Occupied 2-story wood frame. Dwelling with heavy fire on arrival. Exterior attack. [CWP/CT123/CT80]. 2:29p.m.
· MFN: PRINCE GEORGES Co., MD: Apartment fire (Box 34-9) at 1812 Greenwich Woods Drive. E921 reports smoke showing. [MFN-16/MFN-22]. 2:29p.m.
· MFN: PRINCE GEORGES Co., MD: **2nd Alarm Apartment fire** 1812 Greenwich Dr. Command reporting fire showing. Possible entrapment. [MFN101-MFN-1]. 2:29p.m.
· Working fire – EXETER, NH: Box 215 for a 2.5-story house at 15 Hale St. OIC reports heavy fire showing. [TAC9-C101]. 2:36p.m.
· GARFIELD (BERGEN Co.), NJ: *Working fire* 366 River Rd. Fire in a dwelling. M/A FAST Team to scene. [NJ203-EAN322-EAN503]. 2:41p.m.
· PRINCE GEORGES Co., MD: **2nd Alarm** 1812 Greenwich Woods Dr. (Co.34 – Takoma Park). Fire top floor & attic of a Garden Apartment. [DC2]. 2:47p.m.
· Update – GARFIELD (BERGEN Co.), NJ: *Working fire* 366 River Rd. Fire is darkening down. Fire appears to be on #2 floor. 2 lines stretched out. Fire is DWH. [NJ203/EAN322/EAN503]. 2:51p.m.
· ANNE ARUNDEL Co., MD: PI/Extrication *School Bus involved* Forrest Dr & New Town Dr. (Annapolis City). 2 transports & *16* children for check-ups. [DC2]. 3:25p.m.
· ORANGE (ESSEX Co.), NJ: *Working fire* 184 Taylor St. near Center Street. Heavy fire in an unknown type building. [EAN18*EAN301]. 3:46p.m.
· Update – ORANGE (ESSEX Co.), NJ: *Working fire* 184 Taylor St. Heavy fire in the rear of a 2.5-story frame and into the cockloft. S/C for an additional Engine. M/A for cover. Detectives also requested. [EAN305*EAN301]. 3:54p.m.
· ORANGE (ESSEX Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm** 184 Taylor St. Fire in (2) 2.5-story frames. Detectives requested. DWH. [EAN305*EAN301]. 3:58p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS Co., MO: Mehlville FPD has a *1st Alarm* structure fire in the area of 10994 Kohrs (off Green Park Rd). 5” line being laid. [STL810]. 3:58p.m.
· Update – ORANGE (ESSEX Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm** 184 Taylor St. Fire in twp 2.5-story frames. M/A being directed to the scene. [EAN301]. 3:58p.m.
· PRINCE GEORGES Co., MD: 2nd Alarm Update at 1812 Greenwich Woods Dr. Fire involved 2 apartments & portion of attic & roof. Fire under control. [DC2]. 3:03p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS Co., MO: Mehlville FPD has a **2nd Alarm** for a fire at the St. Louis County Dept. of Transportation building, 10994 Kohrs x Green Park Rd. 5” lines laid. Report of Propane tanks involved. Companies: 1114, 1770, 1722 on the 2nd Alarm. [STL810]. 4:02p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS Co., MO: Update - Mehlville FPD *2nd Alarm* fire at the St. Louis County Dept. of Transportation Garage, 10994 Kohrs. Reported to be about a 100x100 building. Lines laid to the rear of the building. Propane involved. [STL810]. 4:07p.m.
· Update – ORANGE (ESSEX Co.), NJ: *2nd Alarm* at 184 Taylor St. M/A on scene. Heavy smoke condition. S/C for an additional BLS. EAN400 on scene. [EAN301/EAN305]. 4:10p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS Co., MO: Update – Mehlville FPD’s *2nd Alarm* fire at 10994 Kohrs Lane. Fire at the St. Louis County Dept. of Transportation Garage. Line laid to 1742 in the rear of the building. Move-Ups have been made. [STL810]. 4:17p.m.
· GARFIELD (BERGEN Co.), NJ: *Working fire* 107 Division Ave. Fire in a Garage. 2nd Alarm assignment will handle this fire as the town Companies are still at River Drive. [EAN301]. 4:19p.m.
· Update – GARFIELD (BERGEN Co.), NJ: *Working fire* 107 Division Ave. Fire confined to a shed in the rear of a dwelling. [EAN301]. 4:20p.m.
· Update – ORANGE (ESSEX Co.), NJ: *2nd Alarm* corrected address of 194 Taylor St. 2.5-story wood frame – fully involved – thru roof with extension to a second 2.5-story wood frame vacant. EAN400 on scene. [EAN301/305]. 4:21p.m.
· MFN: BALTIMORE, MD: Dwelling fire in the 2700 block of Loretta Ave. Command reporting a middle of group row home with heavy fire showing. *Working Fire Dispatch* now sounded. [MFN4/5/8/MFN-1]. 4:25p.m.
· ORANGE (ESSEX Co.), NJ: *3 Alarm* fire at 180 Taylor Ave. 3 attached 2.5-story buildings involved. Extensive M/A. [MNS-490]. 4:33p.m.
· Working fire – GREENLAWN (SUFFOLK Co.), NY: 14 Dressler. Fire in a private dwelling. Originally came in as trees burning in front of location. [MNS125 IAP]. 4:40p.m.
· Update – GREENLAWN (SUFFOLK Co.), NY: Fire in a private dwelling at 14 Dressler. M/A Centerport 1 Engine for coverage. All visible fire knocked down. Overhaul in effect. LIPA and Arson requested to the scene. Fire is PWH. [MNS197/125]. 4:53p.m.
· GREENLAWN (SUFFOLK Co.), NY: Update 14 Dressler. Fire in the basement of a private dwelling. Searches in progress. M/A Centerport 1 Engine and 1 Ambulance. [MNS125 IAP]. 4:54p.m.
· WANAQUE (PASSAIC Co.), NJ: **Working fire** on Brookside Terrace. Fire was in a 2.5-story, 8 unit 50x200 Condo complex. 1 deceased dog. Fire is now PWH. [MFR685*EAN301]. 4:58p.m.
· Working fire – STRATHAM, NH: 7 Sith Farm Rd. OIC reports heavy fire from a structure. M/A to work at the scene. C603 [TAC9-C66]. 5:13p.m.
· CLOSTER (BERGEN Co.), NJ: *Working fire* 21 Piermont Road. Fully involved unknown type building. [EAN301]. 5:14p.m.
· Update – CLOSTER (BERGEN Co.), NJ: *Working fire* 21 Piermont Road. Fire in a private dwelling – now knocked down. M/A for cover. [MFR*EAN301]. 5:24p.m.
· ORANGE (ESSEX Co.), NJ: 3rd Alarm – 194 Taylor St. Fire building has collapsed. Second 2.5-story vacant frame building had fire on the 2nd & 3rd floors. All Companies still working. PWH. [STAFF/EAN305]. 5:46p.m.
· NEWTON, CT: Working fire on Swamp Rd. A dwelling. [CWP/CT173/CT80]. 6:23p.m.
· 2nd Alarm – DRACUT, MA: 594 Merrimac Ave. Fire in a bedroom of floor-2 of an Apartment building. Request M/A to cover. [TAC9-C66]. 6:26p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD *1st Alarm* on arrival @ 5238 Thrush x Thekla. Heavy fire showing from a 2-story frame building. PUMPERS: 27-12-26-20, HL15, BC806/805, SQD-2. [STL899]. 6:26p.m.
· Update – 2nd Alarm – DRACUT, MA: 594 Merrimac Ave. Fire in a bedroom on floor-2 of an Apartment building. OIC reports fire is knocked down. Companies overhauling. [TAC9-C66]. 6:30p.m.
· STLFN: (1000hrs) EAST ST. LOUIS (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: ESTLFD was on the scene of an occupied fully involved 1-story brick house @ 423 Winstanley. Engine 424 & 425 responded. 424 off with a 1.75” line. Units on scene for 2 hours. [STL997]. 6:34p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update – STLFD’s *1st Alarm* @ 5238 Thrush x Thekla. BC806 reports fire is out. Companies ventilating & overhauling. Primary search is negative. All occupants out of the building. [STL899]. 6:41p.m.
· CECIL Co., MD: Working fire* in a building at East Old Philadelphia Rd. (MD Rt.7) – Co.#3 – Northeast VFC. “New Jersey Fireworks.” PM-2 reports a working fire with numerous explosions. [DC/BMD/E*23]. 6:53p.m.
· CECIL Co., MD: *Working fire* Dwelling at 18 High St. (Co.#8 – Rising Sun VFC – Colora). PM-1 reports heavy fire 1st floor. [DC/BMD/E*23]. 7:05p.m.
· MFN: KENT Co., MD: Box 60-1 (Chestertown) Trailer fire at 123 Philosopher Terrace. Tuckers Trailer Park. Capt.6 on location with a working trailer fire. Large diameter lines being laid at this time. [MFN-66]. 7:06p.m.
· CAMDEN (CAMDEN Co.), NJ: *2nd Alarm* on arrival at 84 Marlton Ave. BATT-2 has heavy fire throughout the rear of a 2-story frame. Going in service with 2.5” lines. People trapped inside. DWH. [EAN3305]. 7:08p.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: All Hands – Box 1783 at Broadway & 192nd St. Fire in a 3-story brick building. 1 line stretched out, a 2nd line being stretched. S/C for an additional Truck Company. DWH. [EAN100]. 7:13p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update – STLFD’s *1st Alarm* at 5238 Thrush x Thekla. S/C for a Medic Unit for an injured Firefighter (unknown type injury) – being transported to hospital at this time. [STL899]. 7:17p.m.
· Update – CAMDEN (CAMDEN Co.), NJ: Correct location is 84 Marlton Ave. *Emergency Evacuation* has been ordered. All Firefighters out of the building. BATT-2 still has heavy fire in a 2-story frame… possible junkyard in rear yard and other hazards. Still very DWH. [EAN3305]. 7:23p.m.
· Update – CECIL Co., MD: **2nd Alarm** Dwelling fire at 18 High St. Mutual Aid Lancaster & Chester Counties PA & Harford Co. MD to the scene & for cover. [DC/BMD/E*23]. 7:28p.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: 7-5 Box 1783 at 4441 Broadway @ West 192nd St. Fire #6 floor rear of a 6-story occupied multiple dwelling. Fire is knocked down & PWH on the All Hands. [MNS66]. 7:31p.m.
· Update - CAMDEN (CAMDEN Co.), NJ: *2nd Alarm* at 84 Marlton Ave. BATT-2 reports still have heavy fire. Multiple hand lines and Master streams in service. Companies unable to do primary searches due to fire conditions. Still DWH. [EAN3305]. 7:32p.m.
· CAMDEN (CAMDEN Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm** Update – 84 Marlton Ave. BATT-2 places job under control. Bulk of fire is knocked down in house. Still has tires, rubbish etc burning in rear yards. Companies will be on scene for extended amount of time. [EAN3305]. 7:56p.m.
· SOUTHFIELD, MI: Greenfield S/11 Mile Rd. High pressure underground gas main explosion – no ignition. Large plume of gas blowing from ground. Passing motorist struck by debris, 1 with head injury. Evacuation of Commercial buildings. Gas Company en-route. [FNNM-510]. 8:04p.m.
· PASSAIC, NJ: Working fire – 92 Passaic St. House fire. [NJ335/EAN14//EAN10]. 8:12p.m.
· UNION CITY (HUDSON Co.), NJ: *Working fire* 1013 Bergenline Ave. Fire in the basement of a Commercial building. [EAN301//EAN503]. 8:18p.m.
· Update – PASSAIC, NJ: *Working fire* 92 Passaic St. Command reports a bedroom fire now knocked down & under control. [NJ335/EAN14//EAN10]. 8:18p.m.
· Haz-Mat Tier-2: WALTHAM, MA: “Brandeis University” on South St. Suspicious package found, unknown substance at this time. Hazmat Teams D & E responding. C69/C519/C158 [TAC9-C66]. 8:26p.m.
· STLFN: BELLEVILLE (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: Belleville FD on scene of a garage fire @ 3200 Roland Ave. PD reports heavy smoke coming from the Garage. Truck 2 & Engine 3 responding. [STL 835]. 8:58p.m.
· STLFN: BELLEVILLE (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: Update – Belleville FD’s working Garage fire at 3200 Roland. Truck 2 reports a 1.5 car detached garage with heavy smoke showing. Chief 3 & Truck 1 also responding. Engine 1 to move to Engine House 2. [STL997-835]. 9:02p.m.
· BRIDGETON (CUMBERLAND Co.), NJ: *2nd Alarm* 313 Laurel St. Fully involved private dwelling with people trapped. M/A to the scene. [NJ42//EAN10]. 9:07p.m.
· BRIDGETON, NJ: *3rd Alarm* 313 Laurel St. Heavy fire in a large duplex style dwelling. M/A to work/cover. [EAN10]. 9:13p.m.
· ROXBURY (MORRIS Co.), NJ: *Train Derailment* in the Port Morris Rail Yard. A NJ Transit engine and car have hopped the tracks. No injuries reported by Transit PD. [EAN301]. 9:42p.m.
· QUEENS, NY: 75-7973 at 92-01 Lamont Ave x Elbertson St. Fire in a 7-story 100x80 building. Fire knocked down. Return Special Units. Fire under control. [MNS-154]. 10:00p.m.
· KANSAS CITY, MO: Working fire @ 3222 Charlotte x Linwood Blvd. 2.5-story frame vacant – fully involved with exposure problems. 3 small lines off at this time. P17, P19, R31, R9, T2, T7, CAR101/102/105. [KCFN-02]. 10:35p.m.
· WARREN (SOMESET Co.), NJ: Working fire at 29 Stiles Rd. M/A Greenbrook for Cascade Unit. [EAN44]. 11:00p.m.
· BRONX, NY: All Hands – Box 2684 @ Metcalf Ave & Lafayette Ave. Fire in an unknown type building. Fire under control. [EAN2]. 11:39p.m.
· BRONX, NY: 75-2684 at 770 Metcalf Ave x Lafayette Ave. Fire on the 2nd floor of a 2-story 25x125 building. No Special Units. Fire is under control. [MNS-154]. 11:41p.m.
*** REPORT FROM THE LINE OF FIRE ***
WED, DEC 19, 2001: 1715 hours a 3rd alarm 383 Babcock. 6th battalion with a 4 story brick vacant warehouse. Fire top 3 floors. 2 towers, 2 ladder pipes plus hand lines. 1st Platoon working. E 35 1st in. Arson requested. Fire under control at 2059 hours. Fire bldg was scene of a 4th Alarm in 1985. Half of bldg was torn down after that fire.
PRETORIA, South Africa -- The ceiling over a crowded shopping mall ice rink collapsed today, trapping several children under debris and shattering a glass wall. Twenty-one people were seriously injured, police said.
"It was much like the World Trade Center, dense dust and people running," said Dr. George Michael Scharfs, who was near the rink with his wife and children when the second floor of the Kolonnade Shopping Center dropped onto the lower-level ice skating rink.
full story : http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/story.hts/world/1181032
***BALTIMORE, MARYLAND FIRE HISTORY***
for December 20th:
1976: 2 Alarms - Box#348 - 1725-1729 Guilford Ave - Charles Village (North Of Downtown) - Fire involved (3) 3 story brick rowhouses. (CHM1)
1988: 2 Alarms - Box#8864 - 4426-4432 Park Heights Ave - Park Heights (Northwest Baltimore) - Fire involved (4) 1 story brick stores. (CHM1)
2000: 3 Alarms - Box#T5-4 - 2012hrs - 1813-1815 N Broadway - Northeast Of Downtown - Fire involved (2) 3 story brick rowhouses. (TGA)
George T. Ehrman
RESPONSE - HISTORY
20DEC1996 - Guangdon Province, China - Structural Collapse - A 100 yd. section of a bridge under construction collapsed. At least 24 killed and 63 injured - mostly construction workers.
20DEC1995 - Cali, Colombia - Aviation collision - American Airlines Boeing 757 crashes into a mountain on final approach killing all but 4 of the 163 passengers and crew.
20DEC1987 - Mindoro Island. Philippines - Maritime collision - The passenger ship, Dona Paz, collides with the tanker, Vector, setting off a double explosion which resulted in over 3000 deaths.
20DEC1946 - Nankaido, Japan - Earthquake - Over 1300 people are killed as a result of an 8.5.magnitude earthquake.
20DEC1907 - Yolande, Alabama - Mine Accident - Explosion at coal mine kills 91.
IBN - Editors
*** ST. LOUIS COUNTY FIRE DEPT's WEB PAGE *** by Mike Land ****
Due to Mike's busy schedule at work he hasn't had time to update the web-site but appreciates all the updated info he receives. He'll use this info when he finally gets a chance to update the site.
"Firefighting Seminar 2002" Featuring Capt. David P. Fornell.
Sponsored by Jackson Professional Firefighters & Stark State College in North Canton, Ohio.
Sat. February 9 & Sun. February 10, 2002 at Stark State College Auditorium.
0730 - 1630 hrs. Vendors Present, catered lunch included.
Sat. Feb. 9, 2002 AM - First Arriving Company Officer
PM - Standpipe Operations
Sun. Feb 10, 2002 AM - Attack Operations for Engine Officers, with a discussion on operations with low pressure nozzles.
PM - Fireground Command & Concerns for Company Officers, with a discussion on apparatus placement.
$70 for both days, $40 for one. Please register by 01-26-02.
Contact Kai Rieger at (330) 491-1985 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for further info or registration.
Don't miss the area's hottest annual fire seminar!!
*** FireNet Group Of The Day: ***
MilwaukeeFIRENET - Bill Mokros
11017 N. Redwood Tree Ct. // email@example.com
Mequon, WI. 53090-4338 Milwaukee area
Special Thanks to everyone who contributes fire news. ALSO a BIG THANKS to ALL FireNet pager groups who provide St. Louis FireNet with fire info. For a listing of these groups and how you can get a fire pager please e-mail me at:
Box 8 Club of St. Louis Inc.
World Of Fire E-Mail:
SUBSCRIBE TO World Of Fire Daily Report at:
Subscribe via e-mail to: WOF_Reportfirstname.lastname@example.org
View working fires reports & pictures at:
Content Copyright © 1998-2001 - World Of Fire Report. All Rights Reserved
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)