Thread: World Of Fire Report: 12-22-01
12-26-2001, 08:30 AM #1
World Of Fire Report: 12-22-01
*** America's Fire Paging Notification Network ***
Local & National reports from pager notification networks around the U.S.
(All times are in Central Standard Time unless otherwise indicated)
Saturday, December 22, 2001
· INDEPENDENCE, MO: Working fire @ 1529 E. Kansas x Lee’s Summit Rd. 1-story frame. Reported fire in the basement from explosion. P1, P7, P8, T1, R1, Chief/10. [KCFN-02]. 12:33a.m.
· BLOOMFIELD (ESSEX Co.), NJ: *Working fire* 54 Washington Street. Fire in a 2-story Commercial/Residential building. [EAN39/EAN318]. 1:04a.m.
· Update – BLOOMFIELD (ESSEX Co.), NJ: *Working fire* Heavy fire on the 1st floor. 1 line stretched operating, 2nd line being stretched. Building vented. Companies making progress. Off Duty Re-call. [EAN39/158/EAN318]. 1:14a.m.
· Update – 2nd Alarm Equiv. WARWICK, RI: on Old Warwick Ave. Fire in a 1-story brick 100x100 building. 2 Ladder Pipes in operation. Companies still chasing heavy pockets of fire. Companies will be on the scene for extended period of time. C22/302/28 O/S. [TAC9-C28]. 1:15a.m.
· Update – BLOOMFIELD (ESSEX Co.), NJ: *Strike the 2nd Alarm* at 64 Washington St. All off duty Firefighters re-called. [EAN39/158/EAN318]. 1:18a.m.
· STATEN ISLAND, NY: 75-1040 at 200 x Dekalb St. Fire in a 1-story taxpayer 25x50. Extra Engine/Truck Special called b/o B21. L83 FAST. [MNS342 IAP]. 4:07a.m.
· DOVER TWP. (OCEAN Co.), NJ: *Working fire* 123 Gary Rd. 2800 on scene confirming first report of entrapment. Now reporting unoccupied dwelling. [EAN216]. 4:57a.m.
· HOLBROOK (SUFFOLK Co.), NY: Working fire at #925 Lincoln Ave. x Church. Unknown type of building. Re-tone for manpower. [MNS270]. 5:15a.m.
· Update – DOVER TWP., NJ: Correct location is 146 Gary Rd. M/A Engine from Island Heights. M/A covers en-route. [EAN216]. 5:29a.m.
· LANCASTER Co. (RAPHO TWP.), PA: **2nd Alarm** Barn fire on Sunnyside Rd. near Alpha Ct. (Co.#2-12 – Mastersonville VFC). [DC/BMD/E*23]. 6:27a.m.
· Working fire – MANCHESTER, NH: 547 Silver Street. Fire in a 3-story wood frame dwelling. Fire on floor #2. C603 [TAC9-C461]. 6:52a.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: *2nd Alarm* Box 1302 @ 4th Ave. & 15th St. 2-story brick Commercial building with fire #1 floor. Venting on the 15th Street side in a building that runs between 15th & 16th Streets. Roll down gates. [EAN2]. 6:53a.m.
· Working fire – EAST PROVIDENCE, RI: 13 Woodcrest Ave. House fire. [TAC9-C51]. 6:55a.m.
· Update – BROOKLYN, NY: *2nd Alarm* Box 1302 @ 4th Ave. & 15th St. 2-story brick 40x60 Commercial buildng. Fire #1 floor. BATT-48 reports 2 lines run. Main body of fire knocked down. Primary searches negative. Secondary searches in progress. [EAN2]. 7:00a.m.
· STATEN ISLAND, NY: 75-2860 at 203 Evergreen St. 2-story frame 20x40 occupied private dwelling with fire 1st floor. PWH with the All Hands. BN-23. [MNS-30*IAP]. 7:42a.m.
· MFN: BALTIMORE, MD: Body recovery at the Foot of Insulator Dr. (South Baltimore). E-26 reporting body in the water. Fire Rescue Boat 1 & Marine Police en-route. [MFN-4]. 7:49a.m.
· MAHATTAN, NY: 10-76 (Hi-Rise Commercial Assignment) Box 873 at 135 W. 52nd St. Ductwork fire on the 44th floor of a Hotel. NFI. [MNS-30*IAP]. 8:35a.m.
· MAHHATTAN, NY: All Hands *10-76-Hi-Rise-Fire* Box 873 @ 135 W. 52nd St. near 6th Ave. 48-story 100x200 Hotel. Fire in the ducts coming fro the boiler on the 44th floor. 1 line runs. [EAN2]. 8:43a.m.
· Update – MANHATTAN, NY: *10-76-Hi-Rise-Fire* All Hands Box 873 @ 135 W. 52nd St. near 6th Ave. 48-story 100x200 occupied Commercial Hi-Rise. Fire in the ducts on floors 45 and 46. CAR 4C Chief Cruthers reports the ducts have been opened. Fire extinguished. Light smoke condition exists. There is no occupancy above the fire floor. This fire is a PWH. [EAN2]. 9:14a.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: All-Hands – Box 3278 @ Ave W and E. 18th St. Fire originated in the rear yard and extended to the #1 floor of an unknown height 20x40 structure. 3 lines run. [EAN2]. 9:18a.m.
· VALLEY STREAM (NASSAU Co.), NY: Working fire at 46 East Melrose St. x N. Cottage. Fire 1st floor of a private dwelling. [MNS432]. 9:56a.m.
· Update – VALLEY STREAM (NASSAU Co.), NY: Working fire at 46 E. Melrose St. Fire in the 1st floor kitchen of a 2-story private dwelling. 1 lines stretched, standing fast. Main body of fire knocked down & PWH. [MNS432]. 10:01a.m.
· NEW ORLEANS, LA: (0200hrs) *3rd Alarm* at 2435 Esplanade Ave. Large 2-story wood dwelling. Fire in attic. [NOLA]. 10:27a.m.
· MFN: BALTIMORE, MD: Dwelling fire (Box 24-9) at 2017 Ashland Ave. 2-story vacant dwelling with heavy fire in rear. [MFN-8]. 11:22a.m.
· MANORVILLE (SUFFOLK Co.), NY: Working fire #35-15 Winding Path x Wading River Rd. Fire in a private dwelling. Re-tone for manpower. [MNS 74/270]. 11:22a.m.
· MFN: ANNE ARUNDEL Co., MD: Body found in area of Herrington Harbor Marina. Command on scene requests the Anne Arundel County PD. DNR also on scene. (30 minutes ago). [MFN-1]. 11:30a.m.
· YORK, PA: 2nd Alarm on Ridge & E. Market. 3-story row with heavy fire 2nd floor and 3 floors rear – possible vacant. [DC/PA1]. 12:14p.m.
· YORK CITY, PA: 2nd Alarm on East Market Street. Heavy fire throughout the 2nd & 3rd floors of a 3-story Commercial residential structure. Exposure problems on the east side of the building. (Les S.) [HNAH Walter L.]. 12:19p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: 75-1063 at 833 St. John’s Place x Nostrand Ave. Fire out 2 windows of a 3-story Commercial building. All Hands on arrival. [MNS342]. 12:31p.m.
· Update – BROOKLYN, NY: 75-1063 at 833 St. John’s Place x Nostrand Ave. Fire on the 2nd floor of a 3-story brick occupied commercial building 20x100. 2 lines stretched, 1 in operation. Trucks opening up. L113 FAST, L105 assigned as a TL (3rd Truck). [MNS342]. 12:39p.m.
· STLFN: ALTON (MADISON Co.), IL: Alton FD is working a fire at McDonald’s Restaurant, 2400 Homer Adams Parkway. Fire in the basement. Companies venting building. Health Inspector requested. [STL899]. 12:51p.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: (1200hrs EST) 75-832 at Sherman Hotel, 302 W. 47th St. x 8th Ave. Fire on the top floor of a 5-story brick S.R.O flophouse Hotel. PWH on the transmission of the All Hands. [MNS342]. 12:55p.m.
· MFN: KENT Co., MD: (Kennedyville) 40-4 Building fire at 11340 Eurieville Rd. Units on location with 1 house 100% involved. Mutual Aid Queen Anne’s County. [MFN-66]. 1:18p.m.
· FAIRVIEW (BERGEN Co.), NJ: *Working fire* 480 Walker. Fire in a private dwelling. EMS requested for stand-by. Unknown size up. [EAN402-EAN503]. 1:20p.m.
· KENT Co., MD: *Working fire* in a dwelling at 11310 Urieville Lane. (Co.#4 – Kennedyville VFC). Units on scene report a dwelling 100% involved. (DC15) [DC/BMD/E*23]. 1:36p.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: All Hand – Box 1808 at 623 W. 207th St. between Cooper & Broadway. Fire on the 4th floor of a 5-story brick 50x75 occupied multiple dwelling. 1 line stretched operating, second line being stretched. Searches are underway. [EAN100]. 2:54p.m.
· PATERSON, NJ: 2nd Alarm – Now a 3rd Alarm on E. 16th St. Commercial Auto Body Shop – well involved. [EAN38/10]. 3:01p.m.
· INDEPENDENCE, MO: Working house fire @ 9828 Winner Rd. x Franklin St. 1.5-story frame with smoke showing. P1, P3, P5, T1, R1, Chief 8/10. [KCFN-02]. 4:25p.m.
· CALLICOON (SULLIVAN Co.), NY: *2nd Alarm* off of Rt.94. Building fire. M/A requested to Stage on Rt.94. [77/EAN388]. 4:49p.m.
· YORK CO., PA; **3rd Alarm** Dwelling fire at 24 Washington Rd. (Co.#58 – New Freedom VFC) Mutual Aid Baltimore & Carroll Counties MD. 3rd Alarm for manpower. Chief-58 reports fire under control. [DC/BMD/E*23]. 5:02p.m.
· WALL TWP. (MONMOUTH Co.), NJ: *W. Belmar* Working fire on 18th Ave. Fire in a private dwelling. [NJ282/EAN100]. 5:07p.m.
· Update – WALL TWP. (MONMOUTH Co.), NJ: Working fire on 18th Ave at Bellwood Ave. Heavy fire on the 2nd floor of a 2.5-story frame dwelling. Main fire knocked down on the 2nd floor. Still have fire in attic. [EAN100 O/S NJ282/EAN100]. 5:15p.m.
· Update – WALL TWP., NJ: 18th & Bellwood Aves. Still have fire in attic. Glendola Truck Co. setting up to roof. Crew to vent roof. Preliminary report is fire started by an unattended candle. [EAN100 O/S NJ282/EAN100]. 5:29p.m.
· FREDERICK (FREDERICK Co.), MD: *2nd Alarm* dwelling fire at Rosemont & Fairview Aves. Co.#1 – Independent VFC has a large 2-story wood frame dwelling with fire in the attic. Mutual Aid Fort Detrick Federal FD. (L/L-DC2*BK) [DC/BMD/E*23]. 5:33p.m.
· QUEENS, NY: Working fire – Box 7465 at 31-75 29th St. Using 2 Engines, 2 Trucks. Compactor fire in a 6-story brick 100x50 building. 1 civilian aided with burns. No 45 transmitted. [MNS-30*IAP]. 6:12p.m.
· Working fire – RANDOLPH, MA: for 10 Knights Crescent. Chimney fire with extension to walls. C105/C302/C67. [TAC9-C519]. 6:25p.m.
· KANSAS CITY, MO: Working fire @ Tracy x 25th St. 2-story frame with heavy fir eon the 2nd floor. 2 small lines working. P8, P17, T2, R31, R11, CAR102, AIR1. [KCFN-02]. 6:36p.m.
· Working fire – SALEM, NH: Box 333 for 21 Henry St. Fire in the walls. [TAC9-C101]. 6:37p.m.
· Update – KANSAS CITY, MO: (corrected address) 2449 Forest x 25th St. 2 lines used on a 2.5-story frame. 2nd floor was fully involved – now under control. S/C T3 to assist. [KCFN-02]. 6:52p.m.
· MFN: KENT Co., MD: (Kennedyville) 40-4 Building fire at 11340 Eurieville Rd. Working fire. Command rquested a *2nd Alarm* (Approx 4 hours old). Mutual Aid from Cecil County. [MFN-66]. 6:56p.m.
· UNIONVALE (DUTCHESS CO.), NY: *2nd Alarm* on Cole Rd. Working house fire. Request M/A from 3 towns. [77/EAN388]. 6:57p.m.
· *Working fire* UNIONVALE (DUTCHESS Co.), NY: in area of Cole Rd. x Oswego. Fire in a private dwelling – fully involved. M/A for 1 Engine & Tanker from LaGrange & 1 Tanker form Millbrook. [MNS/95]. 6:57p.m.
· DEER PARK (ORANGE Co.), NY: Working fire at 11 Shore Dr. Command on scene requests 1 Engine & 1 Tanker to the scene for a unknown type structure. [MNS11]. 7:05p.m.
· MIDDLETOWN (ORANGE Co.), NY: **2nd Alarm** 50 Horton Rd. House fire. M/A requested to the scene and to cover. [EAN77/EAN388]. 7:24p.m.
· UNIONVILLE, NY: *2nd Alarm* on Cole Rd. Working house fire. Request M/A from 3 towns. [77/EAN388]. 7:29p.m.
· OAK RIDGE (MORRIS Co.), NJ: Jefferson Twp. off Berkshire Valley Rd. Structure fire. M/A requested to scene. [EAN351]. 7:29p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY; 75-2410 at 585 E. 43rd St. near Ave. D. 2-story frame 20x40 with fire top floor. L147 FAST. BN-41. [MNS-30]. 7:37p.m.
· Update – MIDDLETOWN (ORANGE Co.), NY: *2nd Alarm* 50 Horton Ave & East Main St. Command reports fire in a multiple dwelling. Heavy fire 2nd & 3rd floors. Multiple FD’s operating. [MNS11]. 7:37p.m.
· NEWARK (ESSEX Co.), NJ: **All Hands** 69 Hillside Ave. Fire in vacant 2.5-story frame house. S/C for an additional 2 Engines, 1 Truck, BATT & Arson above the All Hands. [EAN302*388*EAN301]. 7:41p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: Working fire – Box 1446 at 128 32nd St. 6-story occupied multiple dwelling with fire on the 4th floor. NFI. [MNS-30]. 7:42p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: All Hands Box 1446 at 140 block of 32nd St. Fire in a 6-story factory. Timber Mill 200x80. DWH. [EAN388*EAN351]. 7:44p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: 75-1446 at 128 32nd St. near 3rd Ave. 6-story 200x80 Factory. Fire on the 4th floor. S/C Engine & Truck. BN40 [MNS-30]. 7:47p.m.
· GLASSBORO (GLOUCESTER Co.), NJ: Working fire – Bentley Woods Apartments on Higgins Dr. Fire in Apt.10. S/C for an additional Ladder Co. to scene. [EAN3305]. 7:49p.m.
· Update – BROOKLYN, NY: 75-2410 at 585 E. 43rd St. near Ave D. 2-story wood frame 20x40. Fire top floor. All fire knocked down. Primary searches negative. PWH. DIV-15. [MNS-30]. 7:49p.m.
· Update – BROOKLYN, NY: 75-1446 at 128 32nd St. near 3rd Ave. 6-story 200x80 Timber Mill Factory. E-279 & L-109 special called. 2 lines in operation. BN-40. [MNS-30]. 7:51p.m.
· NEWARK (ESSEX Co.), NJ: *Working fire* 511 South 10th St. House fire. [EAN388]. 7:58p.m.
· Update – NEWARK (ESSEX Co.), NJ: Working fire at 551 South 10th Street. Outside fire which extended to the basement. Extension in the walls of a 3-story vacant frame. [EAN388]. 8:01p.m.
· Update – BROOKLYN, NY: 75-1446 at 128 32nd St. near 3rd Ave. 6-story brick 200x80 Timber Mill Factory. 3 lines run. Sprinklers in operation. Unable to locate the main seat of fire. BN-40 [MNS30]. 8:10p.m.
· Update – BROOKLYN, NY: 75-1446 at 128 32nd St. near 3rd Ave. 6-story brick Timber Mill Factory. Heavy smoke 4th floor. S/C L-101. DIV-11. [MNS-30]. 8:19p.m.
· GLASSBORO (GLOUCESTER Co.), NJ: Update – Working fire @ The Bentley Woods Apartments. Apt.#10 on Higgins Dr. Companies had a kitchen fire – now under control. Covers released. [EAN3305]. 8:28p.m.
· Update – BROOKLYN, NY: *All Hands* Box 1446 at 128 32nd St. & 3rd Ave. 3 lines stretched, 1 in operation. Extremely long lay of hose. Companies adding numerous links as they stretch in. Companies still opening up. [EAN351]. 8:32p.m.
· Update – BROOKLYN, NY: 75-1446 at 128 32nd St. near 3rd Ave. Fire 4th floor. Primary searches delayed due to size of building. Fire is PWH b/o DIV-11. [MNS-30]. 8:37p.m.
· ARLINGTON (DUTCHESS Co.), NY: Working fire at 2604 South St. Building fire. [EAN388]. 8:47p.m.
· STLFN: EAST ST. LOUIS (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: ESTLFD is on scene of a fully engulfed 2-story house fire at 1100 N. 13th St. Company 424 caught a hydrant and 425 is assisting. NFI. [STL997]. 8:47p.m.
· Update – ARLINGTON (DUTCHESS Co.), NY: *Working fire* 2604 South St. Fire is on the roof of the Kentucky Fried Chicken. [EAN388]. 8:51p.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: Working fire – Box 471 at 223 E. 14th St. Fire on building. 5 Engines, 3 Trucks, R-1 – Squad due to calls. [MSN-30]. 9:05p.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: 75-471 at 223 E. 14th St. near 2nd Ave. 6-story brick 25x60 occupied multiple dwelling. Fire top floor. BN-6. [MNS-30]. 9:09p.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: **2nd Alarm** Box 471 at 223 E. 14th St. near 2nd Ave. 6-story brick 25x50 occupied multiple dwelling. Fire top floor. DIV-1. [MNS-30*]. 9:11p.m.
· Update – MANHATTAN, NY: **2nd Alarm** Box 471 at 223 E. 14th St. near 2nd Ave. L-11 FAST, BN-7 Safety Coordinator, BN-4 Communication Coordinator. DIV-1. [MNS-30*]. 9:16p.m.
· Update – MANHATTAN, NY: **2nd Alarm** Box 471 at 223 E. 14th St. near 2nd Ave. 6-story brick with fire top floor. All visible fire knocked down fire floor. Trucks checking for extension to cockloft. Primary search negative. DIV-1. [MNS-30*]. 9:20p.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: CFD Working Still @ 6003 S. Laflin. 5-5-5 & 5-5-5A on the scene with a fire in a 2-story frame with possible communication problems. Also FAO giving the Squad reports of possible children trapped. ENG’s: 116, 84, 123, TRK’s: 51, 39. BC19 & 2-7-3. [CHGO-7]. 9:21p.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: Working fire Box 1558 at 630 W. 135th St. 6-story brick occupied multiple dwelling. Fire on the 2nd floor. L-28 FAST. [MNS-30]. 9:24p.m.
· Update – MANHATTAN, NY: Working fire – Box 1558 at 630 W. 135th St. near Broadway. Using 2 Engines, 2 Trucks. Fire 2nd floor of a 6-story brick 75x75 occupied multiple dwelling. BN-13. [MNS-30]. 9:30p.m.
· QUEENS, NY: 75-9250 102nd St. & Martense Ave. Fire in a 1-story 10x10 garage. Searches negative. No Special Units. DIV-14. [MNS-30]. 9:36p.m.
· STLFN: EAST ST. LOUIS (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: ESTLFD is on scene of a house fire at 600 N. 27th St. Engine Co. 426 was off with a 1.75” line & Engine Co. 425 responded from previous location at 1100 N. 13th St. All Engine Companies working. [STL997]. 9:54p.m.
· Working fire – MELVILLE (SUFFOLK Co.), NY: 92 Old East Neck Rd. x North Service Rd. Chief on scene confirming possible entrapment. [MNS 197]. 9:55p.m.
· Update – MELVILLE (SUFFOLK Co.), NY: Working fire in a private dwelling #92 Old East Neck Rd. 1 Handline stretched operating. 1 10-45 No Code. Chief requesting EMS. M/A Hunt Manor for FAST Team. East Farmingdale for cover. [MNS270]. 10:00p.m.
· Update – MELVILLE (SUFFOLK Co.), NY: #92 Old East Neck Rd. One victim removed. Rescue requested forthwith. Unknown condition of victim. M/A Huntington Manor for RIT and Plainview for an Engine and Rescue on stand-by. [MNS197/270]. 10:04p.m.
· Update – MELVILLE (SUFFOLK Co.), NY: #92 Old East Neck Rd. Second 10-45 found on the 2nd floor (No Code). Fire knocked down at this time. East Farmingdale redirected to a car fire on N. Service Rd. Plainview to cover. [MNS270]. 10:09p.m.
· BAYONNE (HUDSON Co.), NJ: 718 Ave. A. A working structure fire in a 2.5-story private dwelling. Fire in walls. [EAN38]. 10:18p.m.
· SOUTH ORANGE (ESSEX Co.), NJ: *Working fire* 259 Waverely Place. Fire in the basement of an unknown type structure. M/A to work. Re-call of Firefighters. (23:40hrs EST). [EAN24]. 10:42p.m.
· Final – MELVILLE (SUFFOLK Co.), NY: Working fire – 92 Old E. Neck Rd. 2 fatalities removed. SCPD Arson & Homicide on scene. All M/A taken up. [MNS-47]. 11:29p.m.
· ROCKVILLE CENTER, NY: Signal 10 working fire in a private dwelling. Re-tone for manpower at 19 Carol Ave. x Rockaway Ave. M/A Lynbrook 1 Engine & 1TL to scene. [MNS47]. 11:41p.m.
· HAUPPAUGE (SUFFOLK Co.), NY: Working fire #7 Middlebury Dr. x Ridgefield Dr. Private dwelling. M/A Central Islip for 1 Truck. Commack FAST Team. [MNS270]. 11:54p.m.
· QUEENS, NY: All Hands – Box 9135 @ 72nd Rd. & 112th St. 6-story brick 150x100 occupied multiple dwelling. Fire #3 floor. Heavy smoke. Main body of fire knocked down. 2 lines run. DWH. [EAN2]. 11:57p.m.
· QUEENS, NY: 75-9135 at 72-72 112th St. x 73rd Ave. Fire on the 3rd floor of a 6-story brick occupied multiple dwelling 150x100. Main body of fire is knocked down. Trucks opening up. Heavy smoke conditions. L143 FAST. Fire is PWH. [MNS342 IAP]. 11:58p.m.
NEFNN CONNECTICUT FIRE NEWS ( http://www.nefnn.com )
-by Scott Harris
0141 2nd ALM VERNON CONN 60 Old Town Rd - row of 2-story frame condos - basement fire in the center unit
0101 W/F NAUGATUCK CONN 808 New Haven Rd 1.5-story frame commercial building with heavy smoke showing
1652 W/F WILLINGTON CONN 54 Schofield Rd garage fire well involved
0614 W/F NORWICH CONN 22 Sunnyside Ave house fire
0354 W/F HARTFORD CONN Box 522 755 Wethersfield Ave occupied 3-story brick apartment building - fire in (1) apt floor #2 - (1) occupant rescued from floor #3 via ground ladder
0450 2nd ALM LEDYARD CONN 64 Long Pond Rd house fire
1016 W/F+ BRANFORD CONN 525 East Main St - trailer fully involved
1530 W/F+ SOUTHINGTON CONN 35 Bruce Ave (off Flanders Rd) 2.5-story frame with heavy fire showing on arrival and live wires down
1947 W/F NEWTOWN CONN on Swamp Rd house fire
0732 2nd ALM SHERMAN CONN 2 Sunny Ln house fire
2143 ACW HARTFORD CONN Box 757 108 Irving St 3-story frame - 1 room fire floor #2
1001 ACW WEST HARTFORD CONN 983 New Britain Ave "Ames Dept Store" trash compactor attached to building
1341 W/F WEST HARTFORD CONN "Prospect Plaza" on Kane St 1-story strip mall - fire in (1) store contained
*** FirePage Ohio® Report for 12/20/01 to 12/22/01 ***
FirePage Ohio® covers all of Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, Northern Kentucky and we will soon add Eastern Indiana and the City of Indianapolis. As of January 1st, 2002, we will be sending all of our incident notifications via email, so if you carry an alphanumeric pager, PDA or cell phone, and that device has an email address, we can get the information to you.
For additional information, you can contact us at our office, (937) 399-4197, email us at email@example.com or visit our web site at http://www.firepageohio.com.
If you'd like to report an incident, please call our hotline number: 1-888-342-0143, and leave a message. Please make sure you include your name and a call back number.
This report is complied by FirePage Ohio® Dispatcher Scott Berringer ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
December 20, 2001
Columbus: W/F 900 East Dublin-Granville Rd (SR 161) @ Trueman Club Hotel. Cos: Eng 33, 16, 61 (Clinton Twp), 24, 6, Lad 101 (Worthington), 33, 24, Res101enG, Med 6, BN 7, 3, 2, 101. FPO/D217 ©
Columbus: W/F 900 East Dublin-Granville Rd. Fire in pool heating system. Fire K/D. Holding Eng 33, Lad 101, 24, Res101enG, BN 2. FPO/D217 ©
Columbus: W/F 801 Harrisburg Pike. Fire in a bolwing alley. Cos: Eng 193 (Franklin Twp), 10, 17, Lad 10, 2, Res17cuE, Med 10, BN 5, 1. FPO/D217 ©
Columbus: W/F 801 Harrisburg Pike. W/F Cos: Eng 2, Med 17, EMS 15, SO 2. FPO/D217 ©
Columbus: W/F 801 Harrisburg Pike. Fire K/D. Holding all companies. FPO/D217 ©
Mifflin Twp (Franklin): W/F 378 DePauw Ct. Fire in SFD. M/A Jefferson Twp Eng 141. FPO/244/D217 ©
Cleveland: W/F 13400 Block of Bellaire Ave. Fire in 2 sty SFD. Cos: Eng 38, 39, Lad 39, Squad 2, & BC 3. Eng 33 - Worker. Lad 23 - RIT. FPO/D703 ©
Worthington (Franklin): Level 3 Haz-Mat 6306 Huntley Rd. "International Water Consultants". Full NAS*T Response. FPO/244/217/D320 ©
West Licking JFD (Licking): W/F 12751 Worthington Rd SW (SR 161) @ Keith's Saddle Shop. Quick K/D by Eng 403. Cos: Eng 403, 401, 121 (Plain Twp), TL 401, Res501cuE (Monroe Twp), Med 501. FPO/249/D223 ©
Worthington (Franklin): Level 3 Haz-Mat 6306 Huntley Rd. Box 15 Canteen on scene. FPO/326/D217 ©
Worthington (Franklin): Level 3 Haz-Mat 6306 Huntley Rd. Situation under conrtol, all units now in service. FPO/D217 ©
Columbus: W/F 1701 East Livingston Ave. Cos: Eng 15, 2, 3, Lad 15, 2, Res2cuE, Med 15, BN 1, 6. Fire in attic by Eng 15. FPO/D284 ©
Columbus: W/F 1701 East Livingston Ave. BN 1 (Bauman) is IC. No W/F companies needed. FPO/D284 ©
Columbus: W/F 1701 East Livingston Ave. BN 1 reports small electrical fire in attic. Now K/D. Holding Eng 15, Lad 15, BN 1. FPO/D284 ©
Dayton: (Delayed) W/F 4509 Waymire. Bedroom fire in 2 sty SFD. Cos: Eng 16, 17, 9, Lad 16, 14, West 3, Med 10. FPO/257/D320 ©
Dayton: (Delayed) W/F 339 Troy St. 1 sty SFD. Cos: Eng 2, 8, 12, Lad 2, 11, East 3. FPO/257/D320 ©
December 21, 2001
Fort Morrow (Marion): MVA/PIN US 23 between SR 98 & SR 229. Cos: Waldo Sta 600, Battle Run Eng 210, DelCo Med 5, EMS 462. FPO/246/D240 ©
Fort Morrow (Marion): MVA/PIN US 23 between SR 98 & SR 229. Command reporting 1 DOA on scene. FPO/246/D240 ©
Fort Morrow (Marion): MVA/PIN US 23 between SR 98 & SR 229. This was a Red Cross Mini-Van transporting blood to Marion General Hospital, got involved in accident vs semi truck. DelCo Med 5 transporting blood to Marion General Hospital. FPO/246/D240 ©
Richwood Twp (Union): W/F 2 doors from 33963 Whenamack Rd. Sta 310. M/A scioto Valley. FPO/D240 ©
Monrow Twp (Licking): MVA/TRAUMA SR 161 & Mink St. Multi vehicle MVA with multiple injuries and at least 1 trauma. MedFlight S/C'd.Cos: Res501enG, Res401cuE (West Licking JFD), Med 403, 501, Chief 400, 500. FPO/D260 ©
Monroe Twp (Licking): MVA/TRAUMA SR 161 & Mink St. MedFlight 1 enroute with 6 minute ETE. 50s male, multi-system trauma, unresponsive. LZ set up. Several other victims being treated. FPO/D260 ©
Monroe Twp (Licking): MVA/TRAUMA SR 161 & Mink St. MedFlight with 1 to Grant Medical Center. Victim is unresponsive. Med 403 to Childrens. Others being treated on scene. FPO/D260 ©
Cleveland: W/F 12218 Sobieski Ave. Garage fire with extension to a SFD. Cos: Eng 38, 39, Lad 39, Squad 2, & BC 3. Lad 42 - RIT. FPO/D703 ©
Jeffersonville (Fayette): W/F 434 Hidi Rd. Barn fire. Sta 500 enroute. M/A Bloomingburg, Washington Courthouse, and Squad 2. Chief 500 (Warner) is IC. Heavy fire conditions. FPO/249/D223 ©
Jeffersonville (Fayette): W/F 434 Hidi Rd. Add Range Twp Tank 341 to the card. FPO/249/D223 ©
Columbus: Extra Company MVA I-70 WB @ Brice Rd. Cos: BN 6, Med 32, 162 (Truro Twp), 23, Res4cuE, Res2cuE, Eng 32, EMS 16. Multiple vehicles, multiple trauma. FPO/D249 ©
Columbus: Extra Company MVA I-70 WB @ Brice Rd. EMS 16 reports at least 2 level 1 trauma victims to Grant Medical Center. Med 32s victim is unresponsive. FPO/D249 ©
Columbus: Extra Company MVA I-70 WB @ Brice Rd. Two female victims, both ejected in high-speed multi rollover, found on roadway. One has a skull fracture, posturing. Both with multi-system trauma. FPO/D249 ©
Parma (Cuyahoga): MVA/PIN 8150 Royalview Dr. Car vs tree with one pinned. Cos: Eng 5, Ambo 5, Res3cuE, Lad 1. FPO/D703 ©
Garfield Heights (Cuyahoga): Extra Company MVA East 93 & Garfield Blvd. Cos: Eng 1, Squad 1, 2. M/A Maple Heights Squad 2. FPO/D703 ©
West Licking JFD (Licking): *Rescue Run* on Watkins Rd near Refugee Rd. Vehicle into pone with persons in the water. S/C Licking County Dive Team. FPO/223/D249 ©
Medina County: MVA/PIN (Unknown location ATT). 2 pinned/unconcious. Medina LST on scene. Metro LifeFlight # 4 (3122G) S/C'd. NFI. FPO/D703 ©
West Licking JFD (Licking): *Rescue Run* on Watkins Rd near Refugee Rd. Persons in vehicle extricated by civilians prior to WLJFD arrival. Dive Team still requested for Cold Water Dive. FPO/223/D249 ©
West Licking JFD (Licking): *Rescue Run* on Watkins Rd near Refugee Rd. All victims refusing treatment/transport. Need Dive Team to recover vehicle and small oil/fuel spill/Haz-Mat problem. FPO/223/D249 ©
Danville (Knox): W/F on Apple Valley Dr. Well involved basement fire with extension to 1st floor. Sta 430 on scene. Crews setting up a draft site. FPO/218/D320 ©
Cincinnati: Extra Company MVA Paddock Rd @ Norwood Lateral. 2 Car MVA, van vs car, both overturned. Eng 9 reports no entrapment. But, requesting 2 ambulances and a rescue unit. Ambo 3, 17, Res 30 enroute. FPO/D605 ©
December 22, 2001
Ravenna Twp (Portage): W/F SR 5 & Hayes Rd. Barn fire. M/A enroute. Portage County Water Shuttle activated. FPO/D703 ©
Dover (Tuscarawas): MVA/EJECTION/ROLLOVER Unknown location. Person trapped UNDER vehicle after rollover. Lifeflight # 3 (3122H) S/C'd. NFI ATT. FPO/D703 ©
Ravenna Twp (Portage): 2nd Alarm Equiv SR 5 & Hayes Rd. Barn fire. Water shuttle in progress. 7+ departments operating. FPO/D703 ©
Newton Falls (Trumbull): (Delayed from 0047) W/F 4381 Maple Dr. Sta 43 with M/A tanker from Sta 16 (Braceville). Fire in unknown type structure. TC911/FPO/D256 ©
Columbus: W/F 318 East woodrow Ave. Cos: Eng 14, 22, Lad 22, Res2cuE, EMS 14, Med 14, BN 4. W/F in 2 sty SFD. FPO/D284 ©
Columbus: W/F 318 East Woodrow Ave. BN 4 (O'Conner) is IC. W/F Cos: Eng 2, Med 22, SO 2. Air Supply 1 also on the card. FPO/D284 ©
Southington Twp (Trumbull): W/F 3309 Barclay-Messerly Rd. Reported house fire. Sta 45, 16 (Braceveille), 21 (Champion Twp), 47 (Warren Twp) enroute. FPO/230/D323 ©
Columbus: W/F 318 East Woodrow Ave. BN 4 reports fire K/D. Holding Eng 14, 22, Lad 22, BN 4. FPO/D284 ©
Columbus: (Delayed) W/F 458 South Warren Ave. Fire K/D. Holding all companies & BN 5. FPO/D217 ©
Columbus: W/F 2722 Westerville Rd. Cos: Eng 16, 18, 132 (Mifflin Twp), Lad 13, 24, Res16cuE, Med 16, BN 2, 3, 131. 2 sty apt bldg. FPO/D284 ©
Columbus: W/F 2722 Westerville Rd. Eng 16 attacking with top bed. BN 3 (Flynn) reports fire K/D. Holding Eng 16, Res16cuE, Med 126, Lad 13, BN 3. FPO/D284 ©
Erie, PA: W/F Box # 158 @ 261 East 22nd. Cos: Eng 3, 6, 13, TL 1, DC 322. Bedroom fire in 2.5 sty SFD. EMS 36 on the card. FPO/800/D276 ©
--- Pages for the week of 12/16/01 to 12/22/01 = 93
*** REPORT FROM THE LINE OF FIRE ***
12/22/01 0028hrs W/F Independence, MO 12701 E Kansas St, Pumper 8 has heavy smoke showing from a 1-sty private dwelling, fire in the basement.
Pumpers 8, 1, 7, Rescue 1, Truck 1, Chiefs 5, 10.
CINCINNATI FIRE DEPARTMENT
District Fire Chief Alan Sedam
District Fire Chief Keith Burkert
Time: 10:36 a.m.
This is District Four-Fire Chief Keith Burkert reporting a two-alarm structure fire that occurred at 10:36 am on Saturday, 12/22/01 in the Bond Hill section of the city.
Upon arrival at 5801 Rhode Island Avenue, firefighters encountered heavy fire on the second floor of a two story, occupied, 2-family dwelling.
Initial reports indicated children trapped on the 2nd floor. First arriving fire companies due to the potential life hazard requested the second alarm.
A rapid attack brought the fire under control quickly and the search for occupants was negative.
A total of 57 firefighters were on the scene several hours. There were no injuries, loss is estimated at $30,000 and the cause is under investigation.
Questions may be directed to DC Sedam at 352-2344.
Fredrick A. Prather
Fredrick A. Prather, District Fire Chief
Cincinnati Fire Department Fire Prevention Bureau
430 Central Avenue Cincinnati,
Phone: (513) 357-7595, Fax: (513) 357-7579
Brooklyn, N.Y. 12/22/01 @ 13:30 hrs.
Crown Heights Section
address: 835 St. Johns Place
between: Nostrand Ave. & Rogers Ave.
1063 @ 13:25
Engs. 234, 280, 249, 248*
Lads. 123, 132, 105*
Rescue Co. #2*
Squad Co. #1*
*4 Engs. / 3 Tks. / Res. & Sqd. due to many calls of a Church Fire
*T.L. 105 became available, in the area & sent in.
10 - 75 - 1063 @ 13:29
Ladder 113 is designated as the "FAST" Truck
3 Story Brick 20 x 100 a store front church, M.D. above.
Exp. #1: Is a Street
Exp. #2: Is a 2 Story M.D.
Exp. #3: Is unknown
Exp. #4: Is a Street
All - Hands:
7 - 5 - 1063 @ 13:31
Batt. 38 reports, Were using all - hands for a fire on the 2nd. floor
of a 3 story brick. Further to follow.
Batt. 38: Fire on the 2nd. floor. We have 2 - lines stretched, 1 - line
Division 15: 2 - hand lines stretched, 2 in operation. Fire located on
the 2nd. floor. All visible fire knocked down. Primary search in
progress. Still doubtful.
Division 15: Primary search completed & is negative.
Probably Will Hold.
Division 15: Secondary search completed & is negative.
Deputy Chief Esposito, Fire is UnderControl.
Special Call an add. Truck for salvage work. Lad. 102 is s/c
Brooklyn, N.Y. 12/22/01 @ 20:30 hrs.
SunSet Park Area
address: 128 32nd. Street
between: 3rd. Ave. & 4th. Ave.
1446 @ 20:36
Engs. 228, 201, 278
Lads. 114, 131
10 - 75 - 1446 @ 20:41
Ladder 148 is designated as the "FAST" Truck
Rescue Co. #2
Squad Co. #1
6 Story Brick 200 x 80 Commercial
Exp. #1: Is a Street
Exp. #2: Is a 1 Story Loading Dock 30 x 80
Exp. #3: Is Unknown
Exp. #4: Is a Vacant Lot
All - Hands:
7 - 5 - 1446 @ 20:45
Batt. 40 reports, Going to use all - hands. Fire in a 6 story
commercial bldg. Further particulars to follow "K"
Special Call an add. Eng. & Truck.
Eng. 279 & Lad. 109 are s/c
Batt. 40: We have 1 - hand line stretched. Have reports of heavy
smoke on the 4th. floor. Trucks are "Opening Up" 2nd. line is
being stretched. Fire is Doubtful
Division 11: We have 3 - lines stretched. 1 - line is an extended
stretched to the interior. 2 - lines stretched to the sprinkler. We have
no line on the fire as of yet. Trucks are "Opening Up" searching
for the main body of fire. Fire is Still Doubtful.
Special Call ( 2 ) add. Truck Cos. to work. Lads. 101 & 147 are s/c
Division 11: We have 3 - hand lines stretched. 1 - line is in operation.
In the process of opening up on the 2nd. line. Trucks are still
"Opening Up" Process of venting the bldg. Still Doubtful.
Division 11: Probably Will Hold.
Division 11: Fire is UnderControl.
Special Call ( 2 ) add. Trucks for relief for extended overhaul.
Lads. 174 & Lad. 146 are s/c
Division 11: Primary search of the fire floor, 4th. floor is negative.
Primary search of the floor above is still in progress.
Secondary search underway of the fire floor.
***BALTIMORE, MARYLAND FIRE HISTORY***
for December 22nd:
1925: 4 Alarms - Box#516 - 2021hrs - Foot Of Eutaw St - Baileys (South Of Downtown) - Fire involved the E. Steen & Sons Pearl Hominy Grain Elevator - The high silo was filled to the top with oats & corn and was burning fiercely - Acting BC-6, Valentine B. Engelhardt (E-26), sounded the 2nd alarm @ 2023hrs & Chief Engineer August Emrich sounded the 4th alarm @ 2047hrs - The firefighters had the structure surrounded with handlines & the fire was beginning to darken down, when Chief Engineer Emrich & his aide, Captain Harry Jones, Water Tower #2, entered the burning building, just as the top of the wall gave way, showering down on the firefighters before they could flee - The Chief Engineer & Captain Jones ran out, but the mass of concrete caught Jones, Acting Chief Engelhardt, Firefighters William Schulte & Milton D. Weber, E-8 - Englehardt & Weber pulled themselves out of the rubble & Weber, in a daze, ran from the scene - He had lost his helmet & boots & his face was a bloody mess - Other firefighters chased, caught, & carried him to an ambulance - Jones was killed outright on the spot & it was a very narrow escape from instant death for the Chief Engineer, as he was only 2' in front of Captain Jones, who was 51 years old, with 16 years in the service, 1 as Aide to Chief Engineer - He was buried 12/26/25 in the Western Cemetery - Firefighters Weber & Schulte received skull fractures, but recovered nicely - The elevator was destroyed to it's foundation. (TUH*CHM1)
1960: 3 Alarms - Box#864 - 3901 Clipper Rd - Woodberry (Northwest Of Downtown) - Fire involved the Schenuit Rubber Company. (CHM1)
1968: 7 Alarms - 6-6-34 & Box#355 - 2347hrs - 900 Block Cathedral St - Mount Vernon (Downtown North) - An hour before Box#34 sounded, an unreported fire in a sofa bed was doused by a boy, who then went to bed in the 4 story brick converted dwelling, occupied by the Boys Home Society - Box#34 sounded @ 2347hrs & firefighters were greeted by flames mushrooming out of every opening & through the roof - 6 alarms were sounded quickly as firefighters rescued the 15 residents, 5 of whom were treated for smoke inhalation - 1 alarm (7th alarm) was sounded from adjacent Box#355 as the building was gutted. (TUH)
1983: 4 Alarms - Box#2327 - 3600 E Monument St - East Baltimore - Fire involved the Motor Freight Trucking Company. (CHM1)
1994: 2 Alarms - Box#7121 - 0356hrs - 2002-2008 Christian St - Southwest Of Downtown - This blaze was up in the ceiling of 3 buildings occupied by the Saint Thomas Evangelical Luthern Church - With ceiling hooks & handlines, a quick stop was made. (TGA)
George T. Ehrman
· Chicago FireHISTORY: Dec 21, 1872 ENGINE 21 “Vigilant” organized at 14 E. 9th St. (temp). In 1959 ENGINE 32 reorganized & TRUCK 60 organized at 5559 S. Narragansett. **Dec. 22, 1910 at 04:00hrs a 4-11 plus 6 Special Alarms at Nelson-Morris Meat Packing Co. at 43rd & Loomis in the STOCKYARDS. Asst. Chief Burroughs responded on Box 2166. At 04:40hrs a 4-11 Alarm was requested & Chief Fire Marshal James Horan responded in his 1906 Buick. The only motorized vehicle in the Dept. and shortly after his arrival a wall fell trapping many men. 23 men were killed in this fire (the most ever until 9/11/2001) including Chief Horan & Burroughs. At 08:00hrs the oncoming shift was ordered to report to the scene by streetcar. The 6th Special was transmitted at 07:47hrs and at 06:37hrs the next day (after 26 hours) the fire was struck out by ACTING Chief Fire Marshal Seyferlich. 48 Engines & 7 Trucks responded. [CHGO-18]. 1:51p.m.
RESPONSE - HISTORY
22DEC1997 - Acteal, Mexico - Terrorism - Sixty paramilitary personnel attacked a gathering of Tzotzil Indians during a prayer surface. Over a period of several hours, 45 of the natives were killed either by gunfire or hacked to death with machetes.
22DEC1996 - Peru - Terroism - Guerrillas holding more than 360 hostages at the Japanese ambassador's residence in Lima freed all but 140 of their captives.
22DEC1996 - USA, TX - Eight workers were killed in an explosion at the Wyman Gordon Forgings metal-fabricating plant in northwest Houston.
22DEC1972 - Nicaragua - Earthquake - At 0130 the last of a number of tremors takes its pound of flesh from Managua. Up to 75% of the city is destroyed, the 3rd time since 1885. Amazingly, plans are made to rebuild Managua over the same faultline!
22DEC1950 - USA, NY - Train Crash - 2 self-propelled trains of the Long Island RR collided at Richmond Hill, New York, killing 77, injuring 318.
22DEC1939 - Friedrichshafen, Germany - Train Crash - 99 died in In train crash. Another crash occured on this same day in Magdeburg, Germany killing 125
22DEC1939 - Magdebury, Germany - Train Crash - 125 died in a train wreck. On the same day 99 die in a similar wreck in Friedrichshafen, Germany.
IBN - Editors
Sedalia Fire Department
Paul Withers, Batt. Chief
*** FireNet Group Of The Day: ***
(ICP) Incident Command Page of Arizona, Inc.
[ICP963] Roy Schahrer
P.O. Box 16800-349
Mesa, Arizona 85211
Paging carrier: Pagenet and Arch
Phone # (602) 259-6055
Special Thanks to everyone who contributes fire news. ALSO a BIG THANKS to ALL FireNet pager groups who provide St. Louis FireNet with fire info. For a listing of these groups and how you can get a fire pager please e-mail me at:
Box 8 Club of St. Louis Inc.
World Of Fire E-Mail:
SUBSCRIBE TO World Of Fire Daily Report at:
Subscribe via e-mail to: WOF_Reportemail@example.com
View working fires reports & pictures at:
Content Copyright © 1998-2001 - World Of Fire Report. All Rights Reserved
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)