*** America's Fire Paging Notification Network ***
Local & National reports from pager notification networks around the U.S.
(All times are in Central Standard Time unless otherwise indicated)
Tuesday, December 25, 2001
· UNION CITY (HUDSON Co.), NJ: *4th Alarm* at 306 11th St. x Palisade Ave. Fire in 2 structures. Numerous M/A operating on scene including Jersey City. [MNS-154/12*]. 12:33a.m.
· MILBOURNE (DELAWARE Co.), PA: *Working fire* at 36 Stevens Ct. All occupants accounted for. Fire is knocked down – checking for extensions. Have extension in exposure. Numerous victims transported to local hospital for smoke inhalation & burns. Companies doing extensive overhaul. Fire is PWH. [EAN3305]. 12:40a.m.
· LISLE-WOODRIDGE FPD (DUPAGE Co.), IL: 2nd Alarm at 3024 Jonquil Lane North for the dwelling fire in the basement. 10 suburban FD’s M/A. [CHGO-1/265/426]. 1:20a.m.
· CAMDEN (CAMDEN Co.), NJ: *Working fire* to the rear of 582 Benson St. BATT Chief has heavy fire in a 2-story occupied vacant building. DWH. [EAN3305]. 1:27a.m.
· *2nd Alarm* CAMDEN (CAMDEN Co.), NJ: correct address of 6th & Auburn Streets. Companies have heavy fire in vacant dwelling and smoke showing in several others. DWH. [EAN3305]. 1:35a.m.
· Update – 2nd Alarm – CAMDEN (CAMDEN Co.), NJ: 6th & Auburn Streets. Chief has heavy fire & smoke in original fire building and B exposure. Ladder 2 is to open up B1 exposure. Still very DWH. [EAN3305]. 1:37a.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: All-Hands – Box 729 @ 369 W. 36th St. near 8th Ave. BATT-9 reports fire in a Restaurant. No Special Units required. Fire under control. [EAN2]. 1:37a.m.
· PHILADELPHIA, PA: Working fire at 4122 Haverford. Fire in an Apartment building. Companies in service. BATT-11 has bulk of fire knocked down on 1st floor. Still have heavy smoke. Doing primary search. [EAN3305]. 1:40a.m.
· CAMDEN (CAMDEN Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm** Update at 6th & Auburn Streets. Heavy fire in original fire building, B & B-2 exposures. 4 handlines in service. Ladder Companies working. This is a row of vacant buildings. [EAN3305]. 1:45a.m.
· Update - CAMDEN (CAMDEN Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm** at 6th & Auburn Streets. CAR-3 advises All Hands still in service. Bulk of fire knocked down and fire is PWH. S/C for an additional Engine Co. to the scene for relief. Should be under control shortly. [EAN3305]. 1:59a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a Still Alarm for a house fire in the 6100 block of Sherry. Pumper 27 reports fire in the basement. 1 line off. PUMPERS: 27-12-24, BC806. [STL819]. 2:02a.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: 75-3937 at 1421 Brooklyn Ave. x Foster Ave. Fire in a 6th story building. Fire started on the 1st floor. 1 10-45 no code. [MNS#17]. 2:43a.m.
· 2nd Alarm – GLOCESTER, RI: 30 Douglas Hook Rd. (Chepachet District). Dwelling fire. M/A Tankers requested to the scene & Station coverage. [TAC9-C20]. 2:49a.m.
· Update – BROOKLYN, NY: 75-3937 at 1421 Brooklyn Ave. & Foster Ave. 1 10-45 has been upgraded to a Code 3 and fire is under control. [MNS#17]. 3:35a.m.
· QUEENS, NY: *EMS-MVA* Northern Blvd @ BQE. Hwy-3 and PCT on scene. Multiple injuries – none serious. [MNS125 IAP]. 5:56a.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: 1862 E. 14th St. All Hands operating at a fire in a 7-story occupied multiple dwelling. Fire #6 floor. 2 lines stretched operating. PWH. [EAN38]. 6:04a.m.
· BALTIMORE, MD (36-6): *Working fire* Dwelling at 2100 block Vine St. (West Baltimore) BC-3 (Schaefer – E-8) reports a 2-story brick end-of-group with heavy smoke showing Working fire dispatched & SO-2 (Kern) en-route. [DC/BMD/E*23]. 6:14a.m.
· STLFN: HOUSE SPRINGS (JEFFERSON Co.), MO: *1st Alarm* working barn fire with exposure problems @ 5621 Mark Trail x Robin Rd. (off Hwy MM). Barn fully involved. Possible animals inside. 1 Deck Gun working at this time. [STL899]. 6:30a.m.
· Working fire – WARNER, NH: 281 North Village Road. Fire reported in a structure with smoke showing on arrival. Mutual Aid responding. C603. [TAC9-C302]. 6:57a.m.
· STLFN: HOUSE SPRINGS (JEFFERSON Co.), MO: Update Antonia FPD’s *1st Alarm* barn fire @ 5621 Mark Trail x Robin Rd. (off Hwy MM). Barn fire is under control. Had exposure problems to a trailer. Utilities notified. PWH. [STL899]. 7:00a.m.
· *2nd Alarm* WARNER, NH: 281 North Village Rd. Fire reported in a structure with smoke showing on arrival. Mutual Aid responding. C603. [TAC9-C302]. 7:05a.m.
· 3rd Alarm – WARNER, NH: 281 North Village Rd. Fire reported in a structure with smoke showing on arrival. Mutual Aid responding. C603 [TAC9-C302]. 7:05a.m.
· STLFN: FAIRVIEW HEIGHTS (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: Fairview Heights FD is on scene of smoke coming from the Carlos “O” Kellys Mexican Restaurant on Ludwig Dr. French Village FD responding M/A. Move-ups made. Companies on scene: Engine: 22, 21, 23, Ladder 259, BC25, DC24, Rescue 20, Chief 256. Utilities en-route. [STL 835]. 7:36a.m.
· STLFN: FAIRVIEW HEIGHTS (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: Update - Fairview Heights FD’s working fire at Carlos “O” Kellys Mexican Restaurant on Ludwig Dr. Heavy smoke and fire showing from the building at this time. [STL835/997/810]. 8:16a.m.
· STLFN: FAIRVIEW HEIGHTS (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: Update - Fairview Heights FD’s working fire at Carlos “O” Kellys Mexican Restaurant, 130 Ludwig Dr. x Hwy 159: Mutual Aid now including the Air Cascade from Signal Hill FD. [STL835/997/810]. 8:20a.m.
· STLFN: FAIRVIEW HEIGHTS (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: Update - Fairview Heights FD’s working fire at Carlos “O” Kellys Mexican Restaurant, 130 Ludwig Dr. x Hwy 159: Signal Hill FD responding M/A with Air Cascade Trailer. Numerous 2.5” handlines working at this time. [STL835/997]. 8:20a.m.
· FAIRVIEW HEIGHTS (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: *2nd Alarm Equiv.* fire at Carlos “O” Kelly’s Mexican Restaurant at 130 Ludwig Dr. x Hwy 159. Smoke & fire. Numerous 2.5” handlines operating. Extensive M/A including Air Cascade from Signal Hill FD. [STL810/835]. 8:25a.m.
· LAKEWOOD (OCEAN Co.), NJ: *Working fire* in the Recycling Facility off New Hampshire Blvd. An additional Engine requested. [EAN27]. 8:49a.m.
· Update – FAIRVIEW HEIGHTS (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: Fairview Heights FD’s *2nd Alarm Equiv.* working fire @ 135 Ludwig Dr. The fire is under control. Standy-by Companies being released. *FINAL* [STL 835,997,810]. 9:00a.m.
· STLFN: BELLEVILLE (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: Signal Hill FD is on scene of a electrical fire @ 103 White Hall. First Unit on scene advises fire in the wall of the house on arrival. Second Engine is in staging at the hydrant. Companies: Engines: 111, 113, 63, Ladder 69. [STL 835]. 9:15a.m.
· STLFN: ST. CHARLES City (ST. CHARLES Co.), MO: *1st Alarm* 7 Lena Ct. House fire. Companies: 9450, 9457, 9542, 9554, 9524, 9424, 9506 responded. Outside Christmas Tree extended to exterior of home. 9550, 9457, 9542 9506 on scene can handle. Returning all others. [STL 829]. 9:26a.m.
· STLFN: ST. CLAIR Co., IL: Alorton FD on scene of a kitchen fire @ 711 S. 49th St. Church Road FD responding M/A. [STL 835]. 9:26a.m.
· CLIFFSIDE PARK (BERGEN Co.), NJ: Working fire at 198 Palisades Ave. Building fire. 2nd Alarm requested. [EAN100]. 9:50a.m
· CLIFFSIDE PARK (BERGEN Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm** transmitted at 198 Palisade Ave. [EAN38]. 9:51a.m.
· Update – CLIFFSIDE PARK (BERGEN Co.), NJ: *2nd Alarm* at 198 Palisades Ave. Command reports fire 2nd floor rear apartment. Request Truck to vent roof. [EAN301/38/EAN100]. 9:57a.m.
· Update – CLIFFSIDE PARK (BERGEN Co.), NJ: *2nd Alarm* at 198 Palisades Ave. All visible fire extinguished. Fire has been placed under control. M/A Truck from Fairview to the scene. [EAN301/38/EAN100]. 10:14a.m.
· HILLCREST (ROCKLAND Co.), NY: *Working fire* on New Clarkstown Rd. Unknown type building fire. Second due Engine to hit hydrant. [EAN100]. 10:25a.m.
· Update – HILLCREST, NY: Working fire on New Clarkstown Rd. Command request first due Engine to stretch a handline into garage, unknown if attached. 2nd due Engine to stage at hydrant. Appears fire may be minor. [EAN100]. 10:27a.m.
· STLFN: ST PETERS (ST. CHARLES Co.), MO: 128 Mill Spring. *1st Alarm* for a chimney fire. Co.’s: 9564, 8720, 9534, 9542, 9506 responded. 9506, 8720 9564 on scene & can handle at this time. [STL 829]. 10:32a.m.
· 2nd Alarm – WARNER, NH: 289 Screwdack Road. A Mobile Home fire. M/A requested. [TAC9-C69]. 10:46a.m.
· STLFN: BELLEVILLE (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: Belleville FD on scene of a chimney fire with extension to the house @ 500 S. Missouri St. Companies: Engine 1, 4, Truck-2. [STL835]. 10:49a.m.
· STLFN: BELLEVILLE (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: Update on Belleville FD’s working chimney fire @ 500 S. Missouri St. Fire was knocked down quickly. House is now full of smoke. Companies are ventilating. [STL 835]. 10:51a.m.
· LISLE-WOODRIDGE FPD, IL: 2nd Alarm on Box #2 @ 3024 Jonquil Lane. Fire in a single family dwelling. [CHGO-03/01]. 10:56a.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: 75-430 at 207 E. 5th St. near 2nd Ave. 6-story brick occupied multiple dwelling with fire on the 2nd floor. L-20 FAST, BN-6. [MNS-30]. 11:03a.m.
· Update – MANHATTAN, NY: 75-430 at 207 E. 5th St. near 2nd Ave. 6-story brick 35x75 occupied multiple dwelling with fire on the 2nd floor. 2 lines run. Primary searches underway. BN-6. [MNS-30]. 11:07a.m.
· HAMPDAN (CUMBERLAND Co.), PA: *2nd Alarm* 3921 Emilridge Dr. 50x75 single family dwelling with heavy fire entire 2nd floor. [DC/PA1]. 11:10a.m.
· Update – FAIRVIEW HEIGHTS (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: Fairview Heights *2nd Alarm* Equiv. @ Carlos “O” Kellys Restaurant @ 135 Ludwig Dr. The building is a total loss. [STL 835*]. 11:52a.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: Working fire Box 654 at 330 8th Ave. Reported a Restaurant. [MNS-30]. 12:18p.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: 75-654 at 330 8th Ave. near 26th St. 3-story brick Commercial building. Fire in over 1st floor Chinese Restaurant. L-12 FAST. BN-9. [MNS-30]. 12:26p.m.
· Update- MANHATTAN, NY: 75-654 at 330 8th Ave. near W. 26th St. 3-story brick Commercial oven fire in a Chinese Restaurant on the 1st floor. 1 line runs. Primary search underway. DWH. BN-9. [MNS-30]. 12:34p.m.
· NEW BRUNSWICK (MIDDLESEX Co.), NJ: *Working fire on Remsen Ave at George St. At least 1 line stretched operating. Units reporting heavy smoke coming from the registers. [EAN388/503/EAN100]. 12:34p.m.
· Update – MANHATTAN, NY: 75-654 at 330 8th Ave. near W. 26th St. 5-story brick 75x100 mixed occupancy. Gas fed fire on the 1st floor duct working in China Star Restaurant. Request CON-ED Gas. 2 lines run, 1 in operation. DIV-1. [MNS-30]. 12:39p.m.
· Update – NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ: Working fire on Remsen Ave at George St. Units reporting heavy smoke condition. Fire under the flooring on the 2nd floor. All Companies working. [EAN503/388/EAN100]. 12:44p.m.
· (0706hrs) LOS ANGELES, CA: LA City Fire: Greater Alarm at 11000 Kling St. in Studio City. 2-story Apartment structure – attic fire. 10 Companies, 3 RA’s, 20 minute knock down. [FIREPAGE ® LA-1R]. 12:46p.m.
· UNION TWP. (UNION Co.), NJ: *Working fire* 107 Elmwood. Fire in a private dwelling. Chief wants 1.75” line in front door upon first Engine’s arrival. [EAN10/45/EAN44]. 12:55p.m.
· Update – UNION TWP. (UNION Co.), NJ: 107 Elmwood. Ladder to vent roof. Heavy smoke pushing from 2nd floor. M/A for Station coverage. [EAN10/45/EAN44]. 1:02p.m.
· PATERSON (PASSAIC Co.), NJ: Working fire on E. 37th St. Building fire with heavy smoke conditions visible. DWH. [EAN100]. 1:18p.m.
· Update – PATERSON, NJ: Working fire on E. 37th St. Command reports heavy fire on the top floor of a large 2.5-story frame dwelling. All Companies working. Using exterior attack at this time. DWH. [EAN305/402/EAN100]. 1:22p.m.
· Update – PATERSON, NJ: Working fire on E. 37th St. Fire knocked down on the 2nd floor with outside lines. Commencing interior attack on heavy fire in attic. Heavy smoke visible for several mines. Request Gas & Electric Co. to scene. [EAN305/402/EAN100]. 1:28p.m.
· Update – PATERSON, NJ: Working fire on E. 37th St. 3 lines stretched operating. Civilian auto has run over a Supply line causing the line to rupture. All Companies still working. [EAN402/305/EAN100]. 1:36p.m.
· LYNBROOK (NASSAU Co.), NY: *Working fire* 20th St. James Place @ Forest Avenue. Chief on scene reporting a working house fire. [MNS250]. 1:50p.m.
· Update – LYNBROOK (NASSAU Co.), NY: *Working fire* 20 St. James Place @ Forest Avenue. M/A from E. Rockaway and Lakeview to the scene. [MNS250]. 1:54p.m.
· Update – LYNBROOK (NASSAU Co.), NY: *Working fire* 20 St. James Place. @ Forest Avenue. Reported to be heavy fire in a 2-story private dwelling. [MNS250/433/434]. 1:57p.m.
· Update – PATERSON, NJ: Working fire @ corrected address of 387 E. 37th St. Fire is not under control. Companies still have numerous pockets of fire in the walls & cockloft. Trucks continue to open roof. All Companies still working. EAN18 on scene. [EAN305/402/EAN100]. 2:00p.m.
· Update – LYNBROOK (NASSAU Co.), NJ: *Working fire* 20 St. James Place. Additional M/A from Rockville Center to the scene. 2 lines stretched operating so far. Fire remains DWH. [MNS250/433/434]. 2:08p.m.
· IRVINGTON (ESSEX Co.), NJ: Signal 11 – 816 Lyons Ave. Fire in an occupied 2.5-story frame. Fire out the rear per Deputy on scene. [EAN44]. 2:16p.m.
· HAUPPAUGE (SUFFOLK Co.), NY: Islandia Marriot Express Dr. North. Request for 3-8-9 (Heavy Rescue) to respond. Fire, which is now out. Still have smoke condition. Fans needed. [MNS125]. 2:20p.m.
· Update – IRVINGTON, NJ: 816 Lyons Ave. Additional Truck to scene. M/A for coverage. Fire under control. [STAFF/EAN44]. 2:25p.m.
· QUEENS, NY: 103 Ave & 217 St. PCT Units confirming a working house fire. [MNS3]. 2:29p.m.
· QUEENS, NY: 22-5410 at 103 Ave & 217 Lane. BATT-54 reports a row of frame buildings. [MNS3]. 2:34p.m.
· Update – LYNBROOK (NASSAU Co.), NY: *Working fire* 20 St. James Place. MNS434 on scene reporting fire was in a 2.5-story private dwelling. All visible fire knocked down. Fire is PWH. [MNS250/434/433]. 2:35p.m.
· MFN: HARFORD Co., MD: Box 914 (Darlington) Dwelling fire at 3509 Berkley Road. Wood stove fire with extension. Occupants evacuating. [MFN214/MFN-HQ]. 2:35p.m.
· QUEENS, NY: *2nd Alarm* Box 5410 at 103 Ave & 217 Lane. BC-54 has heavy fire in a 2-story frame dwelling in a row of attached frames. S/C for 2 additional Trucks over the 2nd Alarm. [EAN2/EAN100]. 2:41p.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: 2nd Alarm(+) Box 5410 at 103 Ave & 217 Lane. BC 54 reports 4 lines stretched operating. Setting up Tower Ladders. Trucks continue to open up. Checking cockloft for extensions. Exposures appear clear at this time. [EAN2/EAN100]. 2:46p.m.
· Update – HARFORD Co., MD: Working fire in a dwelling at 3509 Berkley Rd. Command 9 reports fire under control. Responding Companies to slow their response. [DC/BMD/E*23]. 2:50p.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: 2nd Alarm+ Box 5410 at 103 Ave & 217 Lane. Searches delayed in main fire building due to holes in both the 1st & 2nd floors & the integrity of the building. [EAN100]. 2:56p.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: 22-5410 (103 Ave 217 Lane). BATT-54 now advises 4 lines stretched, 3 in operation. Minor extension into exposure 4-A, B, C. [MNS53]. 3:00p.m.
· Working fire – CENTRAL ISLIP, NY: in vicinity of S. Research Place & Carlton Ave. CIFD on scene and operating. [FPTF/MNS125]. 3:27p.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: 2nd Alarm Box 5410 at 103 Ave & 217 Lane. Fire is under control. [EAN2/EAN100]. 3:28p.m.
· CENTRAL ISLIP, NY: Update Carlton Ave @ S. Research Place. Fire in a Commercial building. The “Dymax” building. No size-up as of yet. [MNS125]. 3:31p.m.
· MFN: BALTIMORE, MD: Dwelling fire at 110 W. Jefferey St. (Box Alarm 35-7). E-35 reporting fire 1st floor. Request Medic for civilian (smoke inhalation). Air Cascade dispatched. [MFN-4]. 3:34p.m.
· MFN: BALTIMORE, MD: Dwelling fire at 438 E. 22nd St. (Box Alarm 19-11). BC-2 (Williams) reporting a 3-story vacant building with fire throughout the 3rd floor. Request Air Cascade. [MFN-4]. 3:43p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: All Hands – Box 991 @ Prospect Place and Underhill Ave. 4-story brick 50x75 occupied building. BATT57 reports fire #1 floor rear. DWH. [EAN2]. 4:57p.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: *Working fire* Box495 @ 254 Park Ave South. Unknown type fire. FD reports 1 10-45 Code 2 (life threatening injury/burn). [EAN2]. 4:58p.m.
· TEANECK (BERGEN Co.), NJ: 34 Prospect St. Working structure fire in a 2.5-story private dwelling. M/A to scene. [EAN38]. 5:46p.m.
· SOUTH HEMPSTEAD (NASSAU Co.), NY: *Working fire* 1182 Village Avenue. M/A for Uniondale, Roosevelt and Baldwin to the scene. Reported to be a private dwelling. [MNS250/434] 5:59p.m.
· NEWBERRYTOWN (YORK Co.), PA: 2nd Alarm across from 65 York Hill Rd. Fully involved dwelling. [DC/PA1]. 6:09p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: All Hands – Box 3944 @ 127 Lefferts Place. near Grand Ave. 5-story brtick 20x60 hotel. DIV-11 reports fire in the basement. Main body of fire knocked down. Primary search in the basement negative and “A” wing negative. This fire is PWH. [EAN2]. 6:09p.m.
· SOUTH HEMPSTEAD (NASSAU Co.), NY: #1183 Village Ave. x South Drive. Working basement fire in a 1-story ranch private dwelling. Fire under control at this time. MNS559 & 752 on the scene. [MNS559]. 6:14p.m.
· MFN: BALTIMORE, MD: Dwelling fire at 4300 Penhurst Ave. (Box Alarm 46-14). E-46 reporting 2 story wood frame with heavy fire showing on the 2nd floor. [MFN-4]. 6:24p.m.
· YONKERS (WESTCHESTER Co.), NY: *All Hands* at 10 Mooney Place. 4-story ordinary. Fire on the 2nd floor. All Companies working. [MNS111/STAFF]. 8:18p.m.
· QUEENS, NY: 75-8536 at 84-37 85th St. x Park Lane S. All Hands on arrival. [MNS-154]. 8:26p.m.
· Update - QUEENS, NY: All Hands – Box 8536 @ Park Lane South & 86th St. BATT-39 reports fire in a Camper that extended to the deck of a 2-story frame 20x60 dwelling. Searches in progress. 2 lines run. This fire is a PWH. [EAN388//EAN2]. 8:35p.m.
· Working fire – HUNTINGTON MANOR (SUFFOLK Co.), NY: Jericho Turnpike & Pigeon Hill Rd. Fire in an abandoned Commercial building. No size-up as of yet. [MNS125]. 8:40p.m.
· EATONTOWN, NJ: Working fire at 43 Sherwood Dr. Heavy fire conditions in a large 2.5-story frame. Command requests first due Engine to lay a 5” line & put Deck Gun into operation on arrival. Also requesting Ft. Monmouth FD Tele-squirt to set up on arrival for exterior attack. Fire is very DWH. [EAN100]. 8:57p.m.
· EATONTOWN (MONMOUTH Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm Equiv.** 43 Sherwood Dr. 2nd floor is fully involved & thru the roof of a large 2.5-story frame private dwelling. M/A from Ft. Monmouth & Ocean Twp. working. Additional M/A for cover. Fire remains DWH. [EAN700/503/12/EAN100]. 9:13p.m.
· 2nd Alarm – DEERFIELD, NH: 140 Raymond Rd. Structure fire. Fully involved barn fire. M/A to the scene. Tankers setting up drafting operations. C603. [TAC9-C69]. 9:15p.m.
· GLASGOW (NEW CASTLE Co.), DE: 2470 Rt. 40 @ Clay’s Motel. Working structure fire. Chief on scene reports smoke showing from the office area. [EAN23]. 9:15p.m.
· Update – EATONTOWN, NJ: *2nd Alarm Equiv. 43 Sherwood Dr. Command requests all exterior lines shut down so that crews can advance hand lines into the interior. Also reported several localized collapses in the interior. Fire remains DWH. [EAN12/700/503/EAN100]. 9:25p.m.
· IRVINGTON (ESSEX Co.), NJ: *All Hands* on Union Ave. @ The Fire Training Tower. DC on scene reporting a working fire. [EAN503]. 9:31p.m.
· Update – IRVINGTON (ESSEX Co.), NJ: Working fire on Union Ave. Command reporting floors 1, 2 & 3 have fire in the rear. Companies setting up Tower Ladder at this time. [EAN38-EAN503]. 9:33p.m.
· BRICK TWP. (OCEAN Co.), NJ: *Working fire* 120 Metconik Rd. Fire in the walls of a private dwelling. [EAN90-EAN503]. 9:34p.m.
· Update – 2nd Alarm DEERFIELD, NH. 140 Raymond Rd. Fully involved Barn. Per OIC fire is knocked down and Co.'s engaging in extensive overhauling. *154.190* C603 [TAC9-C69]. 9:38p.m.
· Working fire – GREENLAWN (SUFFOLK Co.), NY: Cuba Hill Rd @ Pulaski Rd. Chief on scene. Re-tone 13/35 [MNS/95]. 9:42p.m.
· Update – Working fire – GREENLAWN (SUFFOLK Co.), NY: Cuba Hill Rd @ Pulaski Rd. Fire through the roof of an abandoned private dwelling. First due Engine to set up Deck Gun. [MNS125/95]. 9:45p.m.
· Update – IRVINGTON (ESSEX Co.), NJ: *Working fire* on Union Ave. (Fire Training Building). Fire on floors 1-3. Parkway North traffic subject to closure. M/A to city for cover. [NJ9924 O/S EAN388/NJ898/EAN503]. 9:48p.m.
· Update – Working fire – GREENLAWN (SUFFOLK Co.), NY: Cuba Hill Rd @ Pulaski Rd. M/A E. Northport 1 Engine, 1 EMS to stand-by GFD HQ. Shutting down Deck Guns – going to hand lines. [MNS125/95/212]. 9:54p.m.
· Update – IRVINGTON (ESSEX Co.), NJ: *Working fire* on Union Ave. Fire is now up to the #5 floor. M/A to work & cover. Multiple handlines stretched operating. 1 Tower Ladder operating. [NJ9924 O/S EAN38-NJ898-633-EAN503]. 10:01p.m.
· Update – EATONTOWN, NJ: *2nd Alarm Equiv. 43 Sherwood Dr. Main body of fire is knocked down, Co.'s hitting numerous hot spots. Fire is PWH w/extensive & prolonged overhaul required. [EAN12/503/700/100]. 10:11p.m.
· Working fire – ORONO, ME: 11 Mountain View. Fire in the basement of an occupied structure. Mutual Aid to the scene & coverage. C122 [TAC9-C69]. 10:17p.m.
· WINSLOW TWP. (CAMDEN Co.), NJ: *Working fire* 69 Aberdale Lane. Chief on location with a dwelling heavily involved. All Companies going to work. [EAN3305]. 10:51p.m.
· ISLAND HEIGHTS BOROUGH (OCEAN Co.), NJ: Beechwood Section – 125 Barnegat Blvd. Working fire. Elderly female burn patient. M/A BLS to scene. [EAN51]. 11:29p.m.
*** FirePage Ohio Report for December 25, 2001 ***
FirePage Ohio® covers all of Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, Northern Kentucky and we will soon add Eastern Indiana and the City of Indianapolis. As of January 1st 2002, we will be sending all of our incident notifications via E-Mail. So, if you carry an alphanumeric pager, PDA or cell phone, and that device has an email address, we can get the information to you.
For additional information, you can contact us at our office, (937) 399-4197, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our web site at http://www.firepageohio.com.
If you'd like to report an incident, please call our hotline number: 1-888-342-0143, and leave a message. Please make sure you include your name and a call back number.
This report is complied by FirePage Ohio® Dispatcher Scott Berringer ( email@example.com )
Parma (Cuyahoga): W/F on West 130th St. Fire in oven in comm'l bldg. Gas-fed fire, trying to locate gas shut-off. Sta 1, 2, 3, 5 on scene. Sta 4 to C/Q at Sta 3. FPO/D703 ©
Cincinnati: Extra Company MVA 3722 Beekman St. Car vs pole. Cos: Eng 20, Trk 20, Dist 3, Res 38, 2, Ambo 19. C G & E notified for snapped pole. FPO/D605 ©
Cleveland: W/F 2981 East 86. Well involved SFD. Eng 26 worker. Lad 7 - RIT. NFI. FPO/D703 ©
Columbus: Extra Company MVA North Nelson & Millbrook Way. 2 Engines, 4 Medics, 3 Rescues. FPO/D217 ©
Columbus: Extra Company MVA North Nelson & Millbrook Way. Eng 20 requesting a 5th Medic. FPO/D217 ©
Columbus: Extra Company MVA North Nelson & Millbrook Way. Cos: Eng 20, 8, Res4cuE, Res16cuE, Res2cuE, Med 20, 21, 8, 15, 2, EMS 11, 14. FPO/217/D284 ©
Columbus: Extra Company MVA North Nelson & Millbrook Way. All extrications complete. Command requesting a 6th Medic. FPO/217/D284 ©
Cleveland: *ALERT 2* Cleveland Hopkins International Airport. Cos: Eng 43, 39, 33, Lad 39, Squad 2, & BC 3. FPO/D703 ©
Columbus: W/F 384 East Beck St. Cos: Eng 2, 3, 14, Lad 2, 1, Res17cuE, Res16cuE, Med 10, BN 1, 4. RIC Eng 1. 3 sty brk bldg. FPO/D217 ©
Cleveland: *ALERT 2* Cleveland Hopkins International Airport. Aircraft landed without incident. All companies in service. FPO/D703 ©
Columbus: W/F 384 East Beck St. Fire on 1st floor. FPO/D217 ©
Columbus: W/F 384 East Beck St. BN 1 reports fire K/D. Holding Eng 2, 3, Lad 2. FPO/D217 ©
Maple Heights (Cuyahoga): W/F 17820 Hazelwood. 2 Garages going. Cos: Eng 1, 2, TL 1, Squad 2, & Car 4. FPO/D703 ©
Litchfield (Medina): W/F 4149 Bryerton Rd x-St SR 18. Fully Involved House Fire. M/A Spencer & Grafton Twp for Engines, Tankers, & Manpower. FPO/D700 ©
Cincinnati: MVA/PIN Columbia Parkway @ Hogue St. Eng 18 reports MVA with person pinned. Add Trk 18, Squad 52, Ambo 19, & Dist 4. FPO/D605 ©
Covington, KY (Kenton): W/F 329 East 43rd x-st Huntington. Pumper 8 reports basement fire in SFD. Cos: Pumper 8, 6, Trk 7, Res 1, Car 2. FPO/1002/D703 ©
Covington, KY (Kenton): W/F + 329 East 43rd. Add Ambulance 1, 2, Pumper 1 on the card. FPO/1002/D703 ©
Covington, KY (Kenton): W/F + 329 East 43rd. Car 2 reports fire K/D. Holding all companies. FPO/1002/D703 ©
Lakeview (Logan): W/F 6964 SR 235 @ "Honda Transmission Plant". 80 x 40 Storage Bldg with heavy smoke showing. Cos: Eng 102, 61, Tank 101, 61, 51, Res 101, 61, Squad 61. FPO/D320 ©
Youngstown: W/F Across from 423 Cohasset. Cos: Eng 2, 15, 3, Lad 22, 24, Squad 33, BN 1, 2. BN 2 reports heavy smoke on 2nd floor & attic of 2.5 sty SFD. FPO/D323 ©
--- Pages Today: 20
--- Pages YTD: 5224
12-24-2001 0323 hrs. at Zollinger and Somerford Rds - 1 car into a tree, 1 pinned. M71, M73, E/R 71, L-72 and B/C 72. 2 pt's tx to OSU trauma.
12-25-2001 1414 hrs. at Wellesley Dr. and Ridgeview Rd. - 1 car into a tree, 1 pinned. M71, E/R 71, B/C 72 - 1 pt tx to OSU trauma.
Reported by Chris Zimmer ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
*** REPORT FROM THE LINE OF FIRE ***
City of Kenosha (Kenosha Co.)
Fatal House Fire
At around 0033 hrs. City of Kenosha Fire was dispatched to the 4000blk of 14th Ave. Multiple calls of smoke coming from the house. First engine and med squad arrived on scene and reported smoke showing from the house. A life safety issue resulted in a second med unit being called to the scene. Firefighters were forced to leave the house due to unsafe floors; which one firefighter fell though the hole in the floor; the firefighter was not injured. Firefighters reentered the house to fight the fire, and found a 75 year old female laying on the floor just outside her bedroom. She died from smoke inhalation. Units in scene were; Engine's 1,5,6, Ladder 1, Med's 5,&3, Car's 2,& 6. Racine Fire Bells were also on scene to provide rehab for the firefighters. The cause of the fire has not been determined at this time.
Racine Fire Bells
12/24/01 W/F Kansas City, KS 1121 Orville x 11th St Heavy fire in a 2-sty private dwelling with extension to exposures. Pumpers 1, 3, 9, Truck 1, Truck 7, Car 32, Car 61.
12/24/01 W/F & FD-MVA Lake Lotawana, MO (east of Kansas City) Heavy fire showing from a large 2-sty lakefront home, multiple exterior lines in use. Prairie Township M/A tanker rolled over while responding to this alarm. 2 FFs with minor injuries.
12/24/01 W/F Kansas City, MO 5929 Brooklyn, heavy smoke showing from an occupied private dwelling, using 3 pumpers, 1 truck, 1 rescue, BC.
12/25/01 0600hrs W/F Leavenworth, KS has a working fire in an occupied private dwelling in the 500 blk of Ottawa St, Leavenworth County ambulance to the scene for standby, Red Cross requested for displaced occupants.
12/25/01 0815hrs 2nd Alm Raytown, MO area of 64th & Elm, working fire in a commercial structure with partial collapse. Kansas City MO sent Pumpers 33, 42, Truck 13, Rescue 9, Car 105 to the fire. A KCMO 2nd Alm assignment started for staging but diverted to second Raytown incident, a residence fire at 7722 Arlington.
Merry Christmas to all WOF readers.
"And behold, on this day a child was born..."
LOS ANGELES, CA:
GREATER ALARM STRUCTURE FIRE:
On Tuesday, December 25, 2001 at 0657 Hours (6:57 AM PST), ten Companies of Los Angeles Firefighters, three LAFD Rescue Ambulances and two Chief Officer Command Teams, all under the direction of 14th Battalion Commander Jeffrey Marcus responded to a Greater Alarm Structure Fire at 11000 West Kling Street in North Hollywood. The first Company to arrive on scene reported a 100’ x 150’ two-story thirty-unit garden-style apartment building with smoke showing. Firefighters using handlines mounted an intense and well-coordinated interior assault on the fire, confining the flames to one apartment and a portion of the common attic. The fire was extinguished in just 20 minutes and there were no injuries. Loss from this fire is estimated at $55,000 ($40,000 structure and $15,000 contents). The cause of this Christmas morning blaze is described as accidental and is attributed to a wall heater.
GREATER ALARM STRUCTURE FIRE:
On Tuesday, December 25, 2001 at 2343 Hours (11:43 PM PST), nine Companies of Los Angeles Firefighters, three LAFD Rescue Ambulances and two Battalion Officer Command Teams, all under the direction of Assistant Chief Curtis James responded to a Greater Alarm Structure Fire at 821 North Vendome Street in the Silver Lake area. The first Company to arrive on scene reported a two-story sixteen-unit center-hallway apartment building with heavy smoke showing. Firefighters using handlines mounted a swift and decisive attack within the 9200 square-foot building, confining the flames to one ground floor apartment at the rear of the seventy-four year-old structure. The fire was extinguished in just 21 minutes and there were no injuries. Three adults and one child from the involved unit were displaced by the fire, and stated a desire to seek their own accommodations. Loss from this fire is estimated at $25,000 ($20,000 structure and $5,000 contents). The cause of this Christmas night blaze is attributed to carelessness with candles.
REPORTS PREPARED BY:
Yours in Safety and Service,
Public Service Officer
Los Angeles Fire Department
200 North Main Street, Room EOC-423
Los Angeles, CA 90012 USA
Fax: (213) 485-2708
LAFD E-Mail: email@example.com
LAFD Website: http://www.lafd.org
12/25/01 San Antonio, TX
3rd Alm @ "ALAMO DOME" sports arena. Fire confined to a storage area with the old Hemisphere Arenas basketball flooring. Heavy smoke condition. Spurs practice moved to Trinity university for day. Game against Dallas is still scheduled to be played at the Alamo Dome Wednesday night. TOC:Aprox 10:00 TC(SAT)7418/FOX29/SAT Express.kn
Greg and Lea Pillar
Cincinnati Fire Division
Media Contact: Captain Dan Rottmueller
This is District 1 Fire Chief Stephen J. Kluesener reporting on five separate fires that occurred in the Corryville area on Christmas Day. The fires were started between the hours of 7:30 PM and 9:30 PM. The first fire was a dumpster fire. The next four fires were started in common stairways of large occupied multi dwellings. Smoke detectors alerted the occupants and the fires were quickly extinguished. All of the buildings sustained less than $1,000 in damage. There were no injuries.
Three juveniles were arrested and are in custody at 2020 Auburn Avenue the Juvenile Detention Center.
The dumpster fire occurred at 224 East University Avenue. The structure fires occurred at 222 Fostic Avenue, 223 East University, 2669 Bellevue Avenue and 210 Oak Street.
For additional information contact Captain Danmueller of the Fire Invesigative Unit. His phone number is 589-6429.
***BALTIMORE, MARYLAND FIRE HISTORY***
for December 25th:
1949: 3 Alarms - Box#42 - Fayette & Paca Sts - Downtown West - Fire involved the Baltimore Hotel. (CHM1)
1961: 8 Alarms - 6-6-521 & 2-2-525 - 2134hrs - 208-216 S Charles St - Downtown South - Fire involved the 5 story brick cast iron front Henry P. Lanasa Produce Warehouse - The area was deserted when a policeman observed smoke issuing from a 3rd floor window of the building - 1st firefighters on the scene found more smoke than flames, but after 15 minutes, the fire suddenly mushroomed up & out - In the next 9 minutes, 6 alarms were sounded - When the flames burned through the roof, 2 alarms (8th alarm) were sounded from adjacent Box#525 @ 2216hrs - 20 firefighters were overcome by the thick acrid smoke & 4 others were injured in the battle to subdue the fire - They were Lieutenant Thomas McNulty, E-1, & Firefighters James Thomas, George Larrimore, & Robert McCleary. (CHM1*TUH)
1993: 2 Alarms + Task Force(E's 38, 1, & T-4) & Special Call 1 Truck(16) - Box#3224 - 0555hrs - 322 N Charles St - Downtown North - Fire started in a utility closet of Nyammin's Karibe Cafe in the historic Brown's Arcade mini-mall - Damage there was estimated @ $150,000 - Nearby Femme Fashions Shop received over $50,000 in damages to it's stock alone - Other businesses sustained water and/or smoke damage - Total damages were put @ $250,000. (TGA)
2000: 2 Alarms - Box#30-33 - 0030hrs - 3033 Stafford St - Southwest Baltimore - Fire involved a 2 story brick vacant dwelling. (TGA)
2000: 3 Alarms - Box#27-17 - 0910hrs - 4218 Belair Rd - Gardenville (Northeast Baltimore) - Fire involved a 2.5 story block store w/apartments above. (TGA)
George T. Ehrman
· Chicago FireHISTORY: On Dec 24, 1919 the CFD got a Christmas surprise. SQUAD 6 organized at 2179 N. Stave @ Engine 43; SQUAD-7 organzied at 2111 S. Hamlin @ Engine 38; Squad 9 organzied at 1653 W. 43rd St. (alone); SQUAD 10 organized at 520 W. Webster @ Engine 22; ENGINE 127 organized at 5441 S. Lake Park @ Truck 37; ENGINE 128 organized at 330 W. 104th St. (now E-93). In 1929 ENGINE 77 to new quarters at 1224 S. Komensky. *DEC 25, 1858 ENGINE 1 “Long John” to 19 N. LaSalle as the first FULLY PAID Company. Also relocated here VOL H&L 1 “Pioneer” and VOL HOSE CO. 2 “Hope”. In the BRONX: on Dec 25, 1901 ENGINE 75 organized at 2283 Jerome Ave. (They remained here until July 31, 2000). [CHGO-18]. 9:28p.m.
RESPONSE - HISTORY
25DEC1994 - Jerusalem, Israel - Terrorism - Suicide bomber on a bus wounds 12.
25DEC1974 - Darwin, Australia - Cyclone - Cyclone Tracy virtually destroys Darwin, Australia.
25DEC1971 - Seoul, South Korea - Fire - Worst hotel fire in history kills 163 at Taeyokale Hotel
25DEC1953 - Ruapehu, New Zealand - Avalanche - Avalanche of lava, mud & snow from the Ruapheu Volcano sweeps RR bridge & passenger train away, killing 150.
IBN - Editors
Check out Riverview Fire & Rescue's Website
Riverview, New Brunswick, Canada
*** FireNet Group Of The Day: ***
The Eastern Shore Fire Network
9512 Rum Ridge Rd.
Delmar Maryland 21875
Hot Line: 1-888-744-8088
ESFN covers all of the Eastern Shore Of Delmarva which is Maryland, Delaware & Virgina. We page up-to-the minute info on all working fire and ems alarms on the shore. We also offer ESNN, The Eastern Shore News Network which will report on local and national news stories.
ESFN Chief Administrator
Special Thanks to everyone who contributes fire news. ALSO a BIG THANKS to ALL FireNet pager groups who provide St. Louis FireNet with fire info. For a listing of these groups and how you can get a fire pager please e-mail me at:
Box 8 Club of St. Louis Inc.
World Of Fire E-Mail:
SUBSCRIBE TO World Of Fire Daily Report at:
Subscribe via e-mail to: WOF_Reportfirstname.lastname@example.org
View working fires reports & pictures at:
Content Copyright © 1998-2001 - World Of Fire Report. All Rights Reserved
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: World Of Fire Report: 12-25-01
12-29-2001, 08:51 AM #1
World Of Fire Report: 12-25-01
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)