*** America's Fire Paging Notification Network ***
Local & National reports from pager notification networks around the U.S.
(All times are in Central Standard Time unless otherwise indicated)
Monday, December 31, 2001
· STLFN: O’FALLON (ST. CHARLES Co.), MO: O’Fallon FPD *MVA* @ Hwy P and Koch Rd. Companies: 9114, 9142, 9102, M05, M15, MED SUP. 9614 on scene. 2 vehicles with heavy damage. 4 patients with entrapment. This was a result of a car chase *Final* [STL388]. 12:33a.m.
· HICKSVILLE (NASSAU Co.), NY: Working fire Signal 10: at 172 Seventh St. Fire in the basemtn of a dwelling. [MNS342 IAP]. 12:37a.m.
· STLFN: ST. CHARLES Co., MO: Central County FPD has a 1st Alarm house fire at 2507 Millrace Drive x McClay. The 1st in Pumper reported fire through the roof on arrival. They have just requested the 2nd Alarm. [STL819]. 1:08a.m.
· SOUTH RIVER (MIDDLESEX Co.), NJ: Working fire @ 99 William St. Fire in a private dwelling. M/A from East Bruns to scene. [EAN44]. 1:21a.m.
· SOUTH RIVER (MIDDLESEX Co.), NJ: *2nd Alarm* 99 William St. Heavy fire with exposure problems. Special call for East Brunswick Snorkel for exposure protection. [EAN44]. 1:42a.m.
· STLFN: ST. CHARLES Co., MO: Central County FPD *2nd Alarm* @ 2507 Millrace Dr. x McClay. At the 2nd 20 minute MARC all Firefighters accounted for. Command requested Red Cross & a salt truck for ice in the roadway. Fire through the roof on arrival. [STL388]. 1:52a.m.
· BRONX, NY: 75-3834 AT 918 e. 233rd St. x Paulding Ave. Fire in a 1-story brick taxpayer. L32 FAST. 1 line stretched operating. [MNS342 IAP]. 2:11a.m.
· FT. LAUDERDALE (BROWARD Co.), FL: 2nd Alarm at 1430 SW 10th St. Ft. Lauderdale FD Units on scene. Flames showing on arrival. [GCFN01]. 2:13a.m.
· Update – SOUTH RIVER (MIDDLESEX Co.), NJ: *2nd Alarm* 99 William St. Heavy fire still exists. Exterior operations only. Still have exposure problems. Fire remains DWH. [EAN44/EAN305]. 2:17a.m.
· BALTIMORE, MD: 2nd Alarm – 300 block Furrow St. E36 reporting (2) 2-story bricks middle of groups fully involved in the rear. Box 14-5. [DC15]. 2:21a.m.
· BRONX, NY: 22-3834 *2nd Alarm* at 918 E233 St x Paulding Ave. Fire in a 2 story brick store with dwelling above 20x50. l32 FAST. Extra Engine/Truck on the All Hands. [MNS342 IAP]. 2:37a.m.
· MFN: BALTIMORE, MD: (Box Alarm 36-7) at 36-7 in the 2400 block Harlem Ave. Units on location reporting heavy fire in ceilings. Approx 4 Townhouses involved. MFN-48 on location. [MFN-13]. 2:38a.m.
· QUEENS, NY: Working fire Box 7457 at 23-05 30th Ave. x 23/Crescent Streets. Fire in a 4-story brick occupied multiple dwelling. Numerous calls received. [MNS342-IAP]. 2:42a.m.
· SOUTH RIVER, NJ: Update *2nd Alarm* 99 William St. Still have heavy fire about to break thru roof. Setting up collapse zone. Fire involves a large 2.5-story frame. [EAN44]. 2:45a.m.
· QUEENS, NY: 75-7457 at 23-05 30th Ave x 23/Crescent Streets. Fire on the 3rd floor of a 4-story brick occupied multiple dwelling. Fire is knocked down in fire Apartment. Checking for extension on floor above. [MNS342 IAP]. 2:46a.m.
· Update – BRONX, NY: 22-3834 *2nd Alarm* at 918 E. 233rd St. x Paulding Ave. Fire in a 2-story brick store with dwelling above 25x50. Have had a collapse of rear. All members accounted for. [MNS342 IAP]. 2:47a.m.
· STLFN: Update – ST. CHARLES Co., MO: *2nd Alarm* @ 2507 Millrace. Command advises at the 4th 20 minute MARC all Firefighters accounted for. Companies are in overhaul. Fire is out. Special call for utility 8719 to pick up frozen hose lines. Some Companies being released. [STL388]. 2:54a.m.
· Final – BRONX, NY: 22-3834 *2nd Alarm* at 918 E233 St x Paulding Ave. Fire in a 2 story brick store with dwelling above 20x50. Fire U/C. [MNS342 IAP] 3:36a.m.
· TEANECK (BERGEN Co.), NJ; *Working fire* on Prospect Terrace. Fire in a garage with exposure problem to a dwelling. [EAN402*EAN301]. 4:02a.m.
· DOVER (MORRIS Co.), NJ: Working fire at 56 North Sussex St. Structure fire. M/A 1 Engine Company as the FAST Team. [EAN10]. 5:18a.m.
· STLN: ST. CHARLES Co., MO: Update Central County Fire & Rescue’s *2nd Alarm* 2507 Millrace Drive. Command struck out the Alarm. All Companies returned in limited service (no hoselines). They had to reload unfrozen lines at their Firehouses. The last Company just got home. Happy New Year. [STL388]. 5:31a.m.
· STLFN: VALLEY PARK (ST. LOUIS Co.), MO: Valley Park FPD has a *1st Alarm* residential fire at 229 Jefferson Ave. Fire in the attic. [STL810]. 8:49a.m.
· BRONX, NY: *2nd Alarm* Box 3865 @ Edison Ave & Nereid Ave. Fire in two 2-story 40x45 private dwellings. [EAN2]. 8:57a.m.
· BRONX, NY: 22-386 at 4364 & 4366 Edison Ave. Two 2-story wood frames 20x45. 3 handlines stretched operating. An additional Engine & Truck was special called before the 2nd Alarm. [MNS274]. 8:59a.m.
· STLFN: VALLEY PARK (ST. LOUIS Co.), MO: Update - Valley Park FPD’s *1st Alarm* residential fire at 229 Jefferson Ave: Fire in the attic. At least two lines off. S/C Ambulance for rehab. Move up made. [STL810]. 9:00a.m.
· STLFN: VALLEY PARK (ST. LOUIS Co.), MO: Valley Park FPD *2nd Alarm* struck for the residential fire at 229 Jefferson Ave. Fire in the attic. At least 2 lines off. Companies: 1324 3324 3316 on the 2nd Alarm. [STL810]. 9:02a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS Co., MO: Robertson FPD is working an unknown type incident on Campus Parkway x Missouri Bottom Rd. [STL810]. 9:10a.m.
· PATERSON (PASSAIC Co.), NJ: Working fire at 214 Lyons Ave. Fire in an Auto Body Shop. [EAN18/EAN10]. 9:11a.m.
· Update – BRONX, NY: *2nd Alarm* Box 3865 @ Neried Ave & Edison Ave. FD reports main body of fire knocked down. Primary search basement & #1 floor of the fire buildings negative. [EAN100/388*EAN2]. 9:13a.m.
· EAST FARMINGDALE (SUFFOLK Co.), NY: Working fire at 149 Verdi St. Fire in a storage Trailer at location. M/A Amityville 1 TL to the scene. [MNS432]. 9:16a.m.
· HOWELL (LIVINGSTON Co.), MI: **2nd Alarm Equiv.** 7215 Greer. Fire in a dwelling. Heavy smoke showing on arrival. M/A from Fowlerville. [FNNM-336,1100>400]. 9:19a.m.
· 2nd Alarm on arrival – HOPKINGTON, NH: on Old Stage Coach Rd. Structure fire. M/A responding. C603 [TAC9-C51]. 9:37a.m.
· Update – 2nd Alarm – HOPKINTON, NH: 373 Old Stage Coach Rd. Fire in a 2-story wood frame. Multiple M/A Companies requested. C603/C57 [TAC9-C51]. 9:41a.m.
· CLINTON TWP. (HUNTERDON Co.), NJ: *Large Brush Fire* @ 40 Regional Rd. Heayv smoke showing on arrival. [EAN434/EAN503]. 9:56a.m.
· ANNE ARUNDEL Co., MD: Dwelling fire (Box 12-5) at 6 Brookview Ave. Command reports a 1-story single family dwelling with heavy smoke showing. [MFN-1]. 11:14a.m.
· QUEENS, NY: All Hands Box 8830 at 145-19 Lakewood Ave. fire blowing out the top floor rear of a 2.5-story frame 20x40 private dwelling. [EAN100]. 11:38a.m.
· MFN-Update: ANNE ARUNDEL Co., MD: Working fire at 6 Brookview Ave. Command (BC2 Hall) requested the All Hands, Air and 2nd Medic. Interior reports a working basement fire. Fire appears knocked down at this time. [MFN-1]. 12:01p.m.
· STLFN: UNIVERSITY CITY (ST. LOUIS Co.), MO: U-City FD has a working structure fire at 6732 Vernon. First report was smoke showing. They have at least one line off. No size-up heard. PUMPERS 2614, 2634, 4511, H&L-2612, EMS-2617 & STLFD P-30. [STL819]. 12:37p.m.
· STLFN: UNIVERSITY CITY (ST. LOUIS Co.), MO: Update on U-City FD’s *1st Alarm* at 6732 Vernon. Command has requested the coroner to the scene. [STL819]. 12:47p.m.
· QUEENS, NY: 75-5956 at 137-23 225th St. 2-story private dwelling. S/C for an Engine/Truck. [MNS-30*IAP]. 1:08p.m.
· MFN: HOWARD Co., MD: 9110 Canterbury Riding (North Laurel/Savage). Chief-6 has a working kitchen fire. Fire in the walls. M/A from Prince Georges Co. [MFN-56]. 1:27p.m.
· MFN: HARFORD Co., MD: (Box 301 / Bel-Air). Dwelling fire at 139 East Broadway. Command 3 advising a working fire. E-314, T-331 on scene. (MFN214) [MFN-HQ]. 1:35p.m.
· HARFORD Co., MD: Working fire in a dwelling at 139 E. Broadway. Co.#3 – Belair VFC. Have a chimney fire with extension. [DC/BMD/E*23]. 1:38p.m.
· Working fire – LYNBROOK (NASSAU Co.), NY: “The Capri Motor Inn” on Sunrise Hwy. Chief on scene confirming. [MNS250/434]. 1:39p.m.
· Update – LYNBROOK (NASSAU Co.), NY: *Working fire* at corrected address of Scranton Ave @ Marcy Place. “The Capri Motor Inn.” [MNS250/434]. 1:43p.m.
· RUTHERFORD (BERGEN Co.), NJ: *Working fire* 319 Watermore Ave. Fire though the roof on arrival of a 2-story private dwelling. [EAN503]. 1:46p.m.
· RUTHERFORD (BERGEN Co.), NJ: *2nd Alarm* at 319 Watermore Ave. Fire through the roof in a 2.5-story private dwelling. Heavy fire in the attic. M/A to the scene. (EAN322 on scene) [EAN100-EAN503]. 1:52p.m.
· Update – LYNBROOK (NASSAU Co.), NY: *Working fire* at the “Capri Motor Inn.” MNS434/559 on scene reporting fire was in a 2-story Hotel. Fire was contained to one room with no extension. Fire is PWH. [MNS250/434/559]. 1:55p.m.
· *Working fire* SYOSSET (NASSAU Co.), NY: 1 Roberta Lane. Chief on scene reports a fire in the kitchen of a 2-story private dwelling. 1 line stretched out. [MNS250/434]. 2:08p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: *2nd Alarm* 22-2392 at 1158 East 83rd St. NE Ave L. Fire in the basement of a 3-story occupied multiple dwelling. [MNS119/212*]. 2:47p.m.
· KENNETT (CHESTER Co.), PA: McFarland Rd & Rosedale Rd. Working mobile home fire. Lt 25 on scene reports heavy fire showing from a trailer. [EAN23]. 3:29p.m.
· Update – RUTHERFORD (BERGEN Co.), NJ: *2nd Alarm* 319 Mortimer Ave. Fire started by a propane torch in attic of a 2.5-story frame dwelling with extension to 2nd floor. [EAN322/503/EAN100]. 3:37p.m.
· ARMONK (WESTCHESTER Co.), NY: *Plane Down* 2 miles out from Westchester County Airport. Confirmed single-engine plane down. Reportedly on the approach to the Airport. No word on victims at this time. [CWRNY/EAN503/100]. 3:41p.m.
· MFN: HOWARD Co., MD: *Task Force* Dwelling fire in area of 10200 Scaggsville Rd. Units reporting a working fire in a 2-story Townhouse. Prince Georges County also running on the call. [MFN-1]. 3:52p.m.
· BRONX, NY: 75-3377 at 194th St. & Decatur Ave. Fire in the basement of a vacant 2.5-story private dwelling. [MNS119]. 4:01p.m.
· Update – WESTCHESTER Co., NY: *Plane Down* corrected to 2 miles North of Westchester County Airport near IBM building. A single-engine plane. 1 DOA at this time. [MNS-30*IAP]. 4:09p.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: All Hands – Box 1522 @ W. 130th St. near Lenox Ave. 4-story brick 25x40 occupied multiple dwelling. FD reports fire #1 floor. [EAN2]. 5:13p.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: 75-1522 W.130th St. @ Lenox Ave. 4-story brick 25x40 occupied multiple dwelling. Fire #1 floor extended to the 2nd floor. L14 FAST. [MNS-30*IAP]. 5:17p.m.
· HILLCREST (ROCKLAND Co.), NY: *Working fire* on Pine Ct. Fire in a vacant frame. [EAN301]. 5:25p.m.
· MAHATTAN, NY: *2nd Alarm* Box 1522 at W. 130th St. & Lenox Ave. 4-story brick 25x40 occupied multiple dwelling. Fire #1 floor extending up. DWH. [EAN2]. 5:40p.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: Box 1522 *2nd Alarm* at 122 W. 130th St. Fire in the ductwork & into the cockloft of a 4-story brick 25x40 occupied multiple dwelling. DWH. [EAN2/100]. 5:43p.m.
· Update – MANHATTAN, NY: *2nd Alarm* Box 1522 @ W. 130th St. & Lenox Ave. 4-story brick 25x40 occupied multiple dwelling. Fire in the basement extending up. FD reports PWH. [EAN100//EAN2]. 5:57p.m.
· Working fire – DAYTON, ME: 186 Merch Rd. Shed fire 20x20 – well involved. M/A from Biddeford & Saco to scene. C603 [TAC9-C33]. 6:06p.m.
· STLFN: OLIVETTE (ST. LOUIS Co.), MO: Olivette FD is on the scene of a *1st Alarm* @ #60 Pricewoods. Reported as a working house fire. Nothing else heard on this call. [STL899]. 6:17p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: All-Hands Box 790 @ Green Ave & Stuyvansent Ave. 4-story brick 30x60 occupied building. Fire in the basement. DWH. [EAN2]. 6:19p.m.
· KANSAS CITY, MO: Working fire @ 3030 College x 30th Street. 2.5-story frame with heavy fire in rear. 2 small lines in use at this time. P17, P18, P19, R31, R11, T2, T7, CAR 105. [KCFN-02]. 6:39p.m.
· STLFN: ST.LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a working fire @ Whittier & West Bell. Fire on the 1st floor of a 3-story building. BC 805 reports Co.'s inside attacking fire. 1 line off. PUMPERS: 10-28-17, BC805. [STL899]. 6:39p.m.
· STLFN: ST.LOUIS, MO: Update - STLFD's working fire @ Whittier & West Bell. BC805 now rpt's a small amount of rubbish inside the bldg. P-10 can handle - returning all other Co.'s. *FINAL* [STL899]. 6:40p.m.
· MFN: BALTIMORE Co., MD: Dwelling fire Box 49-15 at 3355 Black Rock Rd x Falls Rd. Units on location – reports fire showing from the roof of a 2-story single family dwelling on “alpha” side. [MFN-2] 6:50p.m.
· PEN SOUTH, IN: 2nd Alarm at Downy & Dragoon. 1-story single family dwelling with fire in the basement. [CHGO-03/SBN-3]. ©. 7:00p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD *1st Alarm* fire @ 3803 Keokuk x Bamberger. Fire on the 2nd floor of a 2-story multi-family building. PUMPERS: 32-4-14-36, HL4, BC804/803, SQD-1, DC810. [STL899]. 7:11p.m.
· Update – SPARTA (SUSSEX Co.), NJ: *Working fire* Woodport Road & Center Street. Fire knocked down by first due Company with water cans. COD Chief Hammell canceling the working fire Companies. [NJ9910/9924/9932/EAN318]. 7:13p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update – STLFD’s *1st Alarm* fire @ 3803 Keokuk x Bamberger. DC810 reports fire in the basement of a muli-family flat. 2 lines off. S/C for FIU-821 & Red Cross for displaced family members. [STL899]. 7:24p.m.
· QUEENS, NY: All Hands – Box 5430 @ 215 St. & Jamaica Ave. Fire in an old Community Theatre turned into a Church. Fire on the #2 floor. 1 line runs. DWH. [EAN2]. 7:35p.m.
· SAG HARBOR (SUFFOLK Co.), NY: Working fire in a 2-story private dwelling. Chief on scene confirming. M/A Bridgehampton to standby at Main. [MNS101]. 7:39p.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: All Hands Box 5430 @ 215th St. and Jamaica Ave. Fire in an Old Theater converted into a Church. A 2-story 150x50 Church in a row of taxpayers. Fire #2 floor in a 10x10 paper storage area. [EAN2]. 7:40p.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: All-Hands – Box 5430 @ 215th St. and Jamaica Ave. 2-story 150x50 converted Church. Fire #2 floor in a 10x10 paper storage area. BATT-54 reports all visible fire knocked down. Heavy smoke condition. Primary search in progress. [EAN2]. 7:47p.m.
· LAFAYETTE (SUSSEX Co.), NJ: *Working structure fire* at 214 Beaver Run Drive. Firefighter on scene reporting fully involved structure fire. Branchville and Frankford being requested for M/A. [EAN914]. 8:58p.m.
· LAFAYETTE (SUSSEX Co.), NJ: Update *Working structure fire* 214 Beaver Run Rd. Hardyston in for M/A. Branchville setting up draft relay. County Fire Marshal en-route. [EAN914]. 9:07p.m.
· KANSAS CITY, MO: Working fire @ 24th Street x Chelsea. 1-story frame with heavy fire/smoke showing. Exposure problems. 2 small lines in use. P23, P24, R11, R12, T5, CAR104. [KCFN-02]. 9:38p.m.
· WAYNE (PASSAIC Co.), NJ: *Working fire* 11 Helene Court off Preakness Road. Small fire in a private dwelling. Fire mostly out. Checking for extensions. [EAN503/EAN318]. 9:41p.m.
· Update – KANSAS CITY, MO: Working fire @ 24th Street x Chelsea. S/C P10, T10, R31(RIT) to the scene b/o CAR104. Reported (2) structures going. 3 small lines off at this time. [KCFN-02]. 9:43p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a 1st Alarm for a fire in a building at Rauschenbach and North Market. There is a report of people trapped. BC 801 reports a fire on the 2nd floor, 1 pre-connect off. PUMPERS: 8, 5, 9, 17, HL2, BC801, 806, Squad-1. [STL819]. 9:45p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update – STLFD’s *1st Alarm* @ Rauschenbach & North Market. BC801 reports heavy fire on the 2nd floor. DC810 has ordered the evacuation of all Engine Companies. Reporting all members accounted for after the evacuation. [STL819]. 9:51p.m.
· MFN: BALTIMORE, MD: Dwelling fire (Box 55-3) in the 1100 block of Sargent St. Fire showing in rear. [MFN-8]. 9:55p.m.
· BALTIMORE, MD (55-3): Dwelling fire in the 1100 block Sargeant St. (Southwest of Downtown). T-23 requests “Fill the Box” Reports a 2-story brick row with heavy fire showing on the 1st floor. Air Cascade 1 & SO-2 en-route. [DC/BMD/E*23]. 9:57p.m.
· STLFN: COLUMBIA (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: Columbia FD on scene of a house fire on Mule Rd. Dupo FD, Millstadt FD on scene assisting. Fire knocked down on arrival. M/A Companies being released. *FINAL* [STL 087-vm/835]. 9:57p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: All-Hands – Box 1095 @ Carroll St. & Rogers Ave. 4-story 100x100 occupied building. Fire unknown floor. [EAN2]. 10:04p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update – STLFD’s *1st Alarm* at 1828 N. 21st St. (correct address). DC810 reports they are using 2 Aerial devices. He has requested the Building Division to be notified. [STL819]. 10:07p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: 75-1095 at 1116 Carroll St. near Rogers Ave. Fire on the 3rd floor of a 4-story 100x100 occupied multiple dwelling brick. 1 10-45 Code #2. [MNS119]. 10:08p.m.
· Update – BROOKLYN, NY: 75-1095 at 1116 Carroll St. near Rogers Ave. Fire on the 3rd floor darkening down. Doing searches on floor above. S/C additional Engine. Still DWH. [MNS119]. 10:13p.m.
· WILLINGBORO TWP. (BURLINGTON Co.), NJ: 25 Topecka Path. *Working dwelling fire. M/A & FAST Team to the scene. (EAN51) [EAN52]. 10:24p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO. Update on STLFD's 1st Alarm at 1828 N. 21st. DC 810 reports they have 1 Company inside the building hitting hot spots. Primary search was negative. The other 3 apartments in the building were vacant. [STL819]. 10:45a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update on STLFD's 1st Alarm at 1828 N. 21St. DC 810 reports secondary search was negative. By orders of DC 810 Strike out the 1st alarm. BC 801is in charge at the scene. [STL819]. 10:48p.m.
*** FirePage Ohio Report for December 31, 2001 ***
FirePage Ohio® covers all of Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, Northern Kentucky and we will soon add Eastern Indiana and the City of Indianapolis. As of January 1st 2002, we will be sending all of our incident notifications via E-Mail. So, if you carry an alphanumeric pager, PDA or cell phone, and that device has an email address, we can get the information to you.
For additional information, you can contact us at our office, (937) 399-4197, email us at email@example.com or visit our web site at http://www.firepageohio.com.
If you'd like to report an incident, please call our hotline number: 1-888-342-0143, and leave a message. Please make sure you include your name and a call back number.
This report is complied by FirePage Ohio® Dispatcher Scott Berringer ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
Cleveland: W/F 8302 Lake Ave. Fire on 3rd floor of a multi-story apt bldg. people trapped on 3rd floor. Cos: Eng 23, 24, Lad 23, Squad 2, & BC 3. Eng 4 - Worker. Lad 4 - RIT. Tactical Res5cuE and AC 1 on the card. FPO/D703 ©
Columbus: W/F 1120 Mt Vernon Ave. Cos: Eng 8, 1, Lad 8, Res2cuE, Med 8, BN 1. W/F by Eng 8. FPO/D284 ©
Columbus: W/F 1120 Mt Vernon Ave. W/F Cos: Eng 9, Med 1, EMS 11, SO 2. FPO/D284 ©
Columbus: W/F 1120 Mt Vernon Ave. BN 1 (Schmidt) is IC. BN 1 reports fire in rear. FPO/D284 ©
Columbus: W/F 1120 Mt Vernon Ave. BN 1 reports fire K/D. Holding all companies. FPO/D284 ©
Youngstown: W/F Overland & Chambers. Cos: Eng 2, 3, 15, Lad 22, 24, Squad 33, BN 1, 2. 2 sty SFD. BN 1 reports fire on 2nd floor. FPO/256/D284 ©
Tri Twp (Delaware): (Delayed from 1230) *Construction Accident*. Unknown location. Person fell 15+ feet. Cos: GF 331, DelCo Med 1, EMS 461. MedFlight # 1 S/C'd. Return to Grant Medical Center. FPO/D240 ©
Vienna Twp (Trumbull): MVA/PIN SR 193 & Kings Grave Rd. Sta 46, 23 (Fowler Twp) entroute. Requesting Add'l Squad. Squad 13 (Bazetta Twp) enroute. FPO/D323 ©
Vienna Twp (Trumbull): MVA/PIN SR 193 & Kings Grave Rd. Command reports extrications complete. Victims being packaged for transport. FPO/256/258/313*/D323 ©
Millersport (Fairfield): Extra Company W/F on Dalia Rd NE. Fully involved garage w/extension to house. Cos: Eng 632, 633, 291, Res631cuE, Tank 621, 291, Med 631, Chief 631. Ops: 460.625. FPO/D249 ©
Cleveland: W/F 3535 East 112. BC 5 reports a 2 sty garage fully involved with extension to a 2.5 sty SFD. Cos: Eng 41, 36, Lad 36, Squad 1, & BC 5. Eng 11 - Worker. Lad 11 - RIT. FPO/D700 ©
Licking Twp Fire Company (Licking): *Rescue Run* Avondale Ave @ Papa Boo's Bar. Car into lake at Buckeye Lake State Park with persons trapped. M/A Millersport Fire Boat and 2 dive teams. FPO/D249 (c)
Newton Twp (Muskingum): MVA/PIN on SR 93. Multiple car MVA, head-on, fire, and people pinned. S/C MedFlight # 1 (117MK)and $ 4 (117M). FPO/223/D249 (c)
Newton Twp (Muskingum): MVA/PIN on SR 93. Several victims to Good Sam Hospital in Zanesville. MedFlight # 4 has 8 year old level 1 trauma. Numerous other Level 1 victims. FPO/223/D249 (c)
Transfer, PA (Mercer): W/F 1655 Carlisle Rd.Flames showing from chimney. Sta 75 & 78 enroute. FPO/258/D323(c)
Hanover Twp (Licking): Extra Company W/F on Rock Haven Rd SE. M/A Madison Twp. House is fully involved. Defensive mode. Water Shuttle ops. FPO/223/D249 (c)
Cleveland: (Delayed) W/F 3640 East 140. BC 5 reported fire in a 2.5 sty SFD. Cos: Eng 36, 41, Lad 36, Squad 1, & BC 5. Eng 11 - Worker. Lad 11 - RIT. FPO/D700 (c)
--- Pages Today: 17
--- Pages YTD: 5322
*** REPORT FROM THE LINE OF FIRE ***
GARY INDIANA, Workers
12-01-01 1348 STILL 1400 E. 39th - 2 story frame-heavy fire thruout.
12-02-01 1829hrs STILL 1520 Delaware- 3 story brick fire on 2nd floor.
12-03-01 1353hrs, STILL 4448 Georgia - 1 story frame heavy fire basement.
12-04-01 0114hrs BOX 5590W 25th Fireworks building goin good.
12-05-01 1601hrs STILL 673 Vermont 2.5 brick-goin thruout.
12-07-01 0510hrs - STILL 800 Adams 3 story brick APT. Fire on 2nd and 3rd.
12-07-01 708 Adams STILL 2-story frame, fire 1st floor to attic.
12-07-01 1912hrs.STILL 3428 E. 13th. 1-story frame bedroom and attic
12-09-01 2212hrs 958 Durbin 2-story frame occupied. Fire on 2nd floor
12-11-01 0306 STILL 7006 W 22nd 1.5 story frame goin thruout
12-14-01 0611hrs STILL 860 Georgia 2 story brick occupied. Heavy fire 2nd, attic
12-15-01 1619hrs. STILL 8664 Lakewood 1.5 story brick occupied. Basement fire
12-15-01 2027hrs. STILL 2326 Calhoun 2-story brick vacant heavy fire
12-15-01 0202 STILL 357 Jackson 3-story brick occupied APT fire 2nd and 3rd
12-16-01 2128 STILL 708 Carolina 2-story frame fire basement to attic
12-16-01 1807 STILL 707 Tenn 2.5-story brick occupied goin thruout
12-16-01 2224 1743 Burr Vacant 1.5-story frame heavy fire
12-18-01 0301hrs 352 Harrison 2.5-story frame fire 1st floor
12-18-01 2129 STILL 422 Grant occupied. 1-story brick worker
12-19-01 0017 STILL 6029 W 20th Place occupied 1-story frame heavy fire thruout
12-19-01 1530hrs STILL 43rd Johnson 1-story block comm. fire thruout
12-19-01 1151hrs STILL 1424 W 43rd occupied. 2-story frame blowin out windows
12-20-01 1032 STILL 2506 W 19th 2-story frame occupied. 2nd fl, and attic
12-21-01 2213 STILL 663W 43rd 1.5 brick bungelow occupied. basement fire
12-22-01 0852hrs STILL 836 Peen 1-story frame occupied. basement fire
12-23-01 1333 STILL 294 Gerry 2-story frame occupied. Heavy fire basement
12-24-01 1452hrs STILL 2319 Jefferson 1.5 story brick occ. worker
12-24-01 1529hrs STILL to 2nd Alarm 200x200 comm thru roof
12-24-01 2034hrs BOX 7th Broadway storefront worker
12-27-01 0303hrs STILL 3975-77 Polk 2- 2 story frames goin good
12-27-01 1918hrs STILL 46th Maryland vacant 1 story frame 2 rooms going
12-28-01 0310hrs 3518-20 had 2- houses goin thruout Box Alarm
12-29-01 0045hrs 136 E 43rd BOX Occupied. 4-story brick heavy fire 2nd and 3rd.
12-30-01 0520hrs 3841 Louisiana Still - Occupied. 1-story frame heavy smoke showin.
London Fire Brigade Daily Report
22 Dec 01
1559 G38 Heston Persons reported fire at 38 Heathcote Rd, 3-sty private dwelling 8m x 5m converted into apts, heavy fire in ground floor flat using 1 jet, 1 civilian w/burn injuries.
Runs for the day: 714
23 Dec 01
2327 G24 Southall 4 pump fire at Iron Mountain on 1 Uxbridge Rd, 3-sty warehouse 100m x 30m, fire in a mezzanine storage area using 1 hosereel, 3 sprinkler heads fused.
0045 H25 West Norwood Persons reported fire at 8 Abbess Close, fire in a 2nd flr apartment using 1 hosereel, 1 civilian rescued.
Runs for the day: 723
24 Dec 01
1426 E34 Dockhead 4 pump fire, persons reported at 18 Lucey Way, 1st & 2nd flr maisonette with heavy fire showing using 1 hosereel, 9M ladder, 2 civilians w/smoke inhalation rescued.
1621 F22 Poplar 6 PUMP FIRE, PERSONS REPORTED, ASBESTOS REPORTED at 105 Burdett Rd, 1 to 3-sty shop & dwellings 5m x 20m, 1st flr fully involved with extension to 2nd flr and ducting to roof, using 2 hosereels, 1 foam branch, thermal imaging camera.
0124 A43 Kentish Town Persons reported fire at Arlington House, 220 Arlington St, 5-sty hostel 30m x 30m, fire on the 5th flr using 1 hosereel, 1 house line, thermal imaging camera, Turntable Ladder, 1 civilian w/burns & smoke inhalation.
Runs for the day: 696
25 Dec 01
2338 H25 West Norwood Persons reported fire at 10 Canterbury Grove, 1st flr apartment fire using 1 hosereel, 1 civilian rescued.
Runs for the day: 656
26 Dec 01
1745 A21 Paddington 4 pump fire, persons reported at 90 Bronte House on Cambridge Rd, 18-sty apartment bldg 20m x 15m, fire in 10th flr corrider using 1 jet, 1 dry riser main, Turntable Ladder, 30 persons evacuated.
2016 A 30 Islington Car fire (Fatal) outside 141 Grosvenor Ave, car fire using 1 hosereel, 1 occupant DOA.
0520 G38 Heston Persons reported fire (Fatal)at 48 Brent Lea, 1st flr apartment fire using 1 hosereel, 1 civilian w/smoke inahalation, 1 civilian DOA.
Runs for the day: 533
27 Dec 01
No workers, runs for the day: 562
No report for 28 Dec 01
29 Dec 01
1440 H24 Brixton 4 pump fire, persons reported at 71 Helix Rd, 2-sty private dwelling 7m x 10m, heavy fire 1st flr using 1 hosereel, 1 civilian w/smoke inhalation.
2112 G39 Feltham 4 pump fire, cylinders reported at Rear Poundstretchers on Rosemary Ave, large refuse fire, one 48kg Propane cylinder involved, radiant heat damaged nearby electrical substation cables, using 1 jet, 1 hosereel, thermal imaging camera.
0121 E24 Woolwich 4 pump fire, persons reported (Fatal) at 44 Maryon Grove, 3rd & 4th flr maisonette fully involved using 1 jet, 1 hosereel, thermal imaging camera, 2 civilians escaped before arrival of fire brigade, 1 infant found DOA.
Runs for the day: 683
30 Dec 01
1814 A 30 Islington 4 pump fire, persons reported at 108 Bletchley Court on Wenlock St, 10th flr apartment fire using 1 hosereel, 1 civilian rescued w/smoke inhalation.
Runs for the day: 683
31 Dec 01
1348 F43 Dagenham 4 pump fire on Gale Street, 2-sty shop & dwellings 20m x 10m, 2nd flr fire extended to roof using 2 hosereels.
1707 F26 Bethnal Green 4 pump fire, persons reported at Thomas Hollywood House on Approach Rd, 12-sty apartment block 30m x 30m, 10th flr communal landing fully involved using 1 jet, 1 dry riser main.
0141 E39 Bromley 4 pump fire at Magpie Youth Centre, 1-sty youth centre 30m x 17m, fully involved using 3 jets.
Runs for the day: 776
Runs for the year: 304965
Happy New Year on behalf of the London Fire Brigade
Hartford Citywide Radio Association Incident Log
Providence, RI /10-75/ 14 French St 2wdfr heavy fire 2nd flr add’l Engine and Ladder req 10:16
Central Falls, RI /2nd Alarm/ 24 Perry St 3wdfr fire 3rd flr 11:49
East Haddam, CT /10-75/ 16 Hillside Rd a dwelling 13:53
Waterbury, CT /2nd Alarm/ 1660 South Main St unk type bldg companies having water problems due to a broken street main 15:09
Bridgeport, CT /10-75/ 125 Hawthorne Ave 1.5wdfr garage 22:07
Tolland, CT /10-47/ 10-43 req/58 Deerwood Rd person pinned under a lift truck covered in diesel fuel R-5 req 09:33
Cumberland, RI /10-75/ 30 Cook Rd a 2wdfr dwelling fire 2nd flr 10:42
Providence, RI /10-75/ 8 Hamilton St 2.5wdfr NFI 14:18
Hartford, CT /10-31/ Tower Ave 3 cars involved NFI 16:09
Tolland, CT /10-31/10-43 req/ I-84 EB between Exits 67 and 68 a rollover add’l EMS and R-5 req 19:02
New Britain, CT /10-31/ South St and Cheryl St NFI 20:44
Stamford, CT /10-75/ Hope St “Zion Lutheran Church” NFI 20:55
Monroe, CT /2nd Alarm/ 85 Cottage St 2wdfr NFI 22:54
New Haven, CT /10-31/ I-95 SB at Exit 46 add’l EMS req 23:31
Bridgeport, CT /10-75/ Park Ave and Harrell St a garage fire NFI 02:12
East Windsor, CT (Warehouse Point Section) /10-75/ 29 Cricket La an occ 1wdfr dwelling 02:46
Central Falls, RI /10-75/ 92 Darling ST a dwelling with add’l EMS req for (1) 10-45 Code 2 (burns) 05:00
Northampton, MA /10-75/ 288 Maple St a basement fire unk type bldg NFI 08:41
Newtown, CT /10-75/ 126 South Main St 1 store in a strip mall NFI 11:52
Milford, CT /10-75/ 16 Opal St 3wdfr dwelling NFI 18:37
Worcester, MA /10-75/ 25 Merrick St occ 3wdfr fire 2nd flr 19:32
Milford, CT /10-25/ LI Sound near Housatonic River small plane down (1) 10-45 Code 1 (fatal) 19:37
Danbury, CT /10-31/ I-84 near Exit 1 a rollover NFI 00:09
Voluntown, CT /10-31/ 165 Escoheag Hill Rd car vs tree R-5 req 02:54
North Branford, CT /10-31/ Woods Hill Rd a rollover NFI 08:22
Stratford, CT /10-80/ Barnum Ave gas main leak area evac’d 13:44
Ansonia, CT /10-31/ Morningside Rd and Ridge Rd car vs motorcycle R-5 req 13:57
Cromwell, CT /10-30/ 154 Shunpike Rd a dwelling fire in the walls 14:10
Lakeville, CT /10-30/ Between the Lakes Rd fire in the walls of a dwelling 15:00
Greenfield, MA /2nd Alarm/ 58 Chapman St unk type bldg NFI 17:03
Bristol, CT /10-75/ 43 Briarwood Rd unk type bldg a basement fire 18:07
Stratford, CT /10-75/ Lemergut Rd 2.5wdfr attached garage with extension to the dwelling 19:20
Manchester, CT (8th Utilities District) /10-75/ 345 Buckland Hills Dr kitchen fire in a condo unit 19:34
Suffield, CT /10-75/ 332 North Grand St a garage fire 20:01
HCRA Website: http://www.hartfordcitywide.com
Olathe, KS. 12/31/01 W/F 148th & Symphony, E53 on scene w/ smoke showing leading off with 1 small. Fire U/C in 20 min.
E53, Q54, Q51, BC505 M/A OPFD E45, Q43 BC405
Olathe, KS. 12/31/01 Fatality MVA 13000 Blk of 135th St. Rollover with an ejection 1 fatality.
Q54, E53, BC505, BC503 M/A Q43 ALS1151, ALS1148
***BALTIMORE, MARYLAND FIRE HISTORY***
for December 31st:
1969: 13 Alarms + Special Call Water Tower #1 (Snorkle) - 6-6-147, 6-6-1422, & Box#1423 - 1930hrs - 711 S Eden St - Inner Harbor East (Southeast Of Downtown) - Fire involved the Mann & Parker Lumber Yard - 5 more alarms were radioed for & 6 alarms (12th alarm) from adjacent Box#1422 by 1947hrs, as the last multiple alarm fire of 1969 was by far the most spectacular, & during the coldest wave of the season - Flames shot more than 100' skyward, punctuated by many dull explosions, which sent tongues of fire even higher - Over 4 million board feet of new lumber was stored in the yard, & was destroyed along with 3 woodframe sheds - The gale like winds whipped blazing sheets of plywood, burning doors & plasterboard over the tinderbox lumber yard area, starting new fire & hampering firefighers & spectators alike - DC Charles E. Smith, Division 1, radioed for 2 alarms from adjacent Box#1423 @ 2013hrs to cope with the numerous roof blazes, but only 1 alarm (13th alarm) was sent out because the Department was left engine-less - When the raging fire had darkened down, the terrible cold & biting wind made firefighters miserable - It was the worst New Year's Eve blaze in the Department's history - A party had been held in the yard office several hours before the fire was discovered & Arson Investigators were searching for a connection between the year end festivities & the start of the fire. (CHM1*TUH)
George T. Ehrman
· Chicago FireHISTORY: for Dec 31: In 1880 ENGINE 30 organzied at Milwaukee & Haddon (temp); and ENGINE 31 organized at Winchester & Ogden (temp). In 1885 ENGINE 35 organized at 2019 W. North Ave. In 1886 ENGINE 41 (Fireboat “W.H. Alley” organized at Throop St. Bridge. In 1888 ENGINE 44 organized at 3138 W. Lake St. (that building is still standing); and TRUCK 14 organized at 723 W. 18th St. In 1889 ENGINE 31 relocated to new quarters at 2012 W. Congress. In 1892 ENGINE 70 organized at 2100 Eastwood. ENGINE 71 (Fireboat “Queen” organized at the Columbian Expo in Jackson Park; and ENGINE 72 organized at 7914 S. Burnham. In 1894 ENGINE 78 organized at 1052 Waveland replacing Hose 4 and are still at that location across from Wrigley Field. [CHGO-18]. 12:30p.m.
· More Chicago FireHISTORY: for Dec. 31: In 1902 ENGINE 92 (Fireboat) organized at Fullerton & the River. In 1904 ENGINE 99 organized at 3042 S. Kedvale; and ENGINE 100 ORGANZIED AT 6843 s. Harper (both still there). In 1906 ENGINE 104 organized at 1401 S. Michigan & Truck 31 (now the Firehouse Restaurant); ENGINE 106 organized at 2754 N. Fairfield; ENGINE 107 organized at 2258 W. 13th Place @ Truck 12; ENGINE 108 organized at 4835 N. Lipps @ Truck 23. In 1925 ENGINE 70 relocated to 1545 W. Rosemont (F/Q Truck 25); ENGINE 79 to new quarters at 5358 N. Ashland. In 1927 ENGINE 76 to new quarters at 3517 W. Cortland. **In 1946 in MANHATTAN at 749 Broadway 66-44-396 a 7-story loft collapsed causing the death of Chief Hogan (BTN 5 & Acting DIV-2) and Firefighter Walsh from Ladder 9. Rescue Companies worked 10 hours rescuing those trapped. Many medals were awarded. *Jan 1, 1947 FDNY ENGINES: 4, 19, 20, 25, 29 were disbanded, some while still operating at the above fire. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL. [CHGO-18]. 9:41p.m.
RESPONSE - HISTORY
31DEC1996 - Damascus, Syria - Terrorism - A bus was bombed in the capital killing 11 and maiming over 40.
31DEC1986 - San Juan, Puerto Rico - Fire - The Dupont Plaza Hotel is the scene of a fire that kills 97 and injures 146. Many were saved by risky roof-top rescues by helicopters. The hotel had no fire evacuation plans or fire detectors.
31DEC1985 - USA - Aviation - Singer Rick Nelson and six other people were killed when fire broke out aboard a DC-3 that was taking the group to a New Year's Eve performance in Dallas.
31DEC1952 - England - Fog - Durng December, a deadly London fog, containing elements of coal smoke, sulphur dioxide, and chemical fumes, is held responsible for 12,000 deaths. The fog is so thick, London audiences couldn't see movie screens.
31DEC1944 - Ogden, Utah - Rail Accident - 48 killed with scores injured when 1st section of an express train was struck from behind by the 2nd section.
31DEC1703 - Tokyo, Japan - Earthquake - Over 5300 people are killed in a major earthquake that is believed to be up to 8.2 on the Richter scale.
IBN - Editors
Be sure to check out - St. Louis Fire Action
by David J. Dubowski
*** FireNet Group Of The Day: ***
(EAN) Emergency Action Network
P.O. Box 110
Spring Lake, NJ. 07762
Phone # 1800-286-2876
Owner: Peter Danzo
N.J, NYC & PA Areas
Special Thanks to everyone who contributes fire news. ALSO a BIG THANKS to ALL FireNet pager groups who provide St. Louis FireNet with fire info. For a listing of these groups and how you can get a fire pager please e-mail me at:
Box 8 Club of St. Louis Inc.
World Of Fire E-Mail:
SUBSCRIBE TO World Of Fire Daily Report at:
Subscribe via e-mail to: WOF_Reportemail@example.com
View working fires reports & pictures at:
Content Copyright © 1998-2001 - World Of Fire Report. All Rights Reserved
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: World Of Fire Report: 12-31-01
01-14-2002, 11:34 PM #1
World Of Fire Report: 12-31-01
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)