Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    S McLaurin
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default Hello from NC Firefighter

Hello, my name is Scott and I am a paid firefighter/EMT-D for the City of Lumberton Fire Dept. Next month we are upgrading from EMT-D to Paramedic. Presently, we are running as 1st Responders within the city limits.
    I would love to hear from anyone and see how things are run at their dept.

percell holland jr
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hello from another North Carolina fire dept. I am with the Micro Fire Dept north of you on Interstate 95 at exit 102. We ran 320 calls last year with first responder calls accounting for two-thirds. We currently run at the basic level but plan to add the automatic external defib. this year. We run both inside and outside the city limits. We have a first responder car that we use as well as our brush truck which is fully stocked. In addition all of our first responders have trauma bags in their personal vehicles.

percell holland jr
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hello from another North Carolina fire dept. I am with the Micro Fire Dept north of you on Interstate 95 at exit 102. We ran 320 calls last year with first responder calls accounting for two-thirds. We currently run at the basic level but plan to add the automatic external defib. this year. We run both inside and outside the city limits. We have a first responder car that we use as well as our brush truck which is fully stocked. In addition all of our first responders have trauma bags in their personal vehicles.

percell holland jr
    Firehouse.com Guest

SGFDDAWG578
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hello in a full-time F.F. from Greenville S.C.. I work for the South Greenville F.D..We cover an area south of the city that consists of roughly 136 square miles.We run basic first responder and have just taken delivery of 6 A.E.D. units on for each sta.We run roughly 600 to 650 calls a year,but this year has started hard,we have run 71 calls in just 3 weeks one which included a working church fire.
    Hope to hear from you.Stay low and safe..
    SGFDDAWG578

BPH014
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hi, im a Lt. in a coastal community in Mass. We are also in the process of upgrading from first responders to a minimum of EMT level, right now 95% of the dept is at least an EMT,an EMT-I or paramedic. We have 2 Advanced Life support engines and we respond to all medical calls along with a private Ambulance. we are presently in the process of negotiating with the town to take over the Ambulance service as well. we are a full time career Dept. with 45 men three stations and cover aprox. 28 sq. miles. EMS is the direction to be going in good luck in your quest.E-mail me with any quest. i'll be happy to answer.

RyWfd
    Firehouse.com Guest

Check us out. A Southeastern North Carolina Firefighter for Wilmington. Drop a line to say hey!

Thread Information