K L Westcot
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default Disabled in a VFD

I'm a Station setter, (Dispatcher). I hold down the station and get items ready for when others needed. Close the doors when they leave etc. I also at times assist with taking vidios at a scene for our in dept use (training, etc.) Now starting on a task of improving our ISO class, (Great thread on here under POLICYS) New to this WEB site..
    THANKS

[This message has been edited by K L Westcot (edited February 24, 1999).]

Clayton
    Firehouse.com Guest

Just wanted to say hi. You sound like a great addition to your department.

------------------
    C.Pairett

K L Westcot
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hi Clayton,

Try to do what I can. Sure are many area's that needs bodies to help without the physical aspect. Can you send up some of that weather you have, I can E-mail fresh snow today. ;-)

Keith

Andy Henne
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hi there,

Like I tell the young troops in our dept., there is so much more to firefighting than just going head to head with the "big guy", "red devil," whatever you want to call it.

Everyone in the dept. has something to offer. It takes so much to just get organized enough to respond to an emergency, let alone do combat with fire. Everyone counts...

Our E911 went into service this past summer. There are two 911 systems here, and computer technology has enabled us to integrate smoothly with downtown. Now let's see what happens 01 Jan 2000..! Who really knows?!

Good job in the dept. Remember, you can be a contributing member simply by being there, esp. on tough calls. Nice seeing your posting. Firehouse is doing a great job. You'll like this site...

Andy

K L Westcot
    Firehouse.com Guest

Sure is lots to be done to keep the Dept abreast of what needs doing and what has been done. With Vol dept. it seems that much of the time there is NO TIME for paperwork, consoludating(sp) reports to have a better look at the Dept. as a whole. The Chief has an hard time to recieve all the info that arrives in the mail, let alone glean the info from in house paperwork also. Like equipment Maint scheduals, Engine Tests, Hose tests, etc., and to have those stay updated with what the needs of the ISO would like for the best ratings. Will be starting on a address database to make responders aware of any potentual problems to fighting a fire, like Long oneway driveway(tanker supply) limits water access need to pump in water, Fuel tanks near blg(s) etc. Info gathered from Inspections, former calls, personal knowledge, etc.

May you be blessed with a dry hose today!

Keith

Tanker
    Firehouse.com Guest

I think I said this in another forum, but I think it is worth repeating. We have a young man, 38, who has had three open heart operations. He has always stayed on the family farm, not many friends, even I did not know this person and I worked every day with his father. But anyway, he should up told his condition, myself and other Chiefs were real concerned. He got Dr.s release and I talked with his parents. This was over a year ago and he is a big asset to our department. Oh, we have to watch him and slow him down sometimes, I wish we had a dozen more like him. There is room for everybody. His parents love it too.

------------------

K L Westcot
    Firehouse.com Guest

I to have a heart condition, about 40% function MAX. on SS Disablity, like computers, feel I can still help others by helping the VFD to do our thing. Service makes my life worth living, and important. One only has to get to know what reason or why a member is in the VFD to let them excell in an area that they are good at.

Pensaukee Twp. VFD, Oconto Co., WI

Thread Information