Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    traumadon
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default Firefighter's Child dies in House fire

Imagine leaving home and on your way to work, your pager goes off and says, "Occupied Structure" at your residence. It happened to one of our own, and we are looking for a little help.

Rick and Paula Wood, both long time volunteer firefighters with Mason County Fire district#5 (Washington State), experienced a devastating fire loss.

On February 22, a mobile home fire took the life of their 4-year-old daughter Ivy, as well as completely destroying the home and all the contents. There 19
    Year old daughter Melanie suffered second and third degree burns over 30% of her body. While attempting to save Ivy, and is now being treated at Harbor view Burn Center In Seattle.

Rick and Paula's other daughter Melissa escaped with Melanie's 4-month-old son Gabriel.
    Mason 5 was on the scene in 9 minutes, after an initial quick attack and primary Search; the fire crew was driven back by extreme heat. Quoted by several fire fighters as the hottest fire they have ever experienced.

19-year-old Melanie was airlifted from the scene to Seattle, while her sister was transported by ground to Mason General Hospital. 4-month-old Gabriel was
    Not injured.

Our county has rallied to help re-build their lives. If you Have any thoughts, prayers or donations to offer please contact the fire district at the below addresses, the family had no insurance so any and all help will go a long way.PLEASE VISIT THE WEB SITE...http://hood.hctc.com/~forivy/

Please forward this to a neighboring fire district.

May you be safe in all you do
    Mason Co. Fire Dist #5
    P.O. Box 127
    Allyn, WA 98524
    (360) 426-5533
    Fax (360) 426-8959
    MCFD5@aol.com

[This message has been edited by traumadon (edited March 07, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by traumadon (edited March 09, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by traumadon (edited March 09, 1999).]

chris fire/ems
    Firehouse.com Guest

I am sorry to hear about your loss. I think no one should have to go through that. Especially our own. Our fire dept is currently going through a tough time here to with a loss. We lost a four yr old and had two other kids in critical now, also a fire chief. MY thoughts and prayers go out to all of you there. Keep strong and everything will work out.
    feel free to email if you need to talk some, I'm a good listener.
    chris

ScDragonSlayer
    Firehouse.com Guest

You have my deepest sympathies on your loss . Please email me if you want or need to talk to someone.

Walter Brooker

nsfirechap
    Firehouse.com Guest

Our thoughts and prayers truly go out to the family. Any word on how the daughter in the burn center is doing? Also, if there is anything we can do-PLEASE LET US KNOW-After all we are family, we just have not met yet.

Chaplain Jeff Turkel
    North Star Fire Department
    North Pole, Alaska

Andy Henne
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hi,

My deepest sympathies for your loss. I, too, am here to listen if anyone wants to talk. Just email or post. We are here for our family...

God bless, and take care,

Andy
    Malmstrom AFB Fire Dept.
    Great Falls, Montana

rescu484
    Firehouse.com Guest

From our family to yours our prayers and thoughts are with you. I can not begin to imagine a loss as tragic as yours. I am a father of four, and can not begin to imagine your pain. If there is anything we can do for you and your family please feel free to call or E-mail us at (Rescu484@snet.net) I will personally post your address and info at our other four stations in town. I hope the best for you and your family. Be safe, GOD bless, and remember that our prayers are with you.

Rescu484
    Thompson Fire Engine Co.
    70 Chase RD.
    Thompson CT. 06277

Sandi
    Firehouse.com Guest

Change of website. Ivy's page is now located at http://www.forivy.org

HiTecVFD
    Firehouse.com Guest

I give my sympathy and prayers to this family. I don't know how devastating it would be to me if that was to happen. We are always out there saving others and we never think we could be the ones on the recieving end...

------------------
    Weston Davis
    Beach City VFD
    Texas

Thread Information