Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    Nathan
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default Info on paramedic squads?

Hi from Sydney Australia!
    I'm a career Rescue Firefighter with the New South Wales Fire Brigades (50/50 career/paid volunteers, 330 stations, 6,000 firefighters)
    I'm interested in info on paramedic squads in use overseas, especially by the LA County FD.
    Thanks!

mako887
    Firehouse.com Guest

Greetings from Florida!

I'm a paramedic/firefighter with the City of Miami Fire Department. I've been riding "rescue" since 1983.
    I realize you wanted info from LAFD (don't you think those guys have been overdone?), but if you're interested I'll be happy to share what info I can on Miami FD's paramedics and trucks.

trk12
    Firehouse.com Guest

I'm not from L.A either. Actually I'm about 3000 miles east of California, I'm in Cincinnati , Ohio. It may interest you to Know that the C.F.D. was the first paid professional fire dept. in the U.S.A We operate 26 Engine Cos. 8 of which are Paramedic Cos., 4 ALS transport units, and 6 BLS transport units. All firefighters are FF/EMT-B,FF/EMT-I, or FF/EMT-P certified.

Perry2085
    Firehouse.com Guest

I work as a Paramedic/Firefighter in northern Ohio, USA. And with the Dept. I work for I spend a lot of time in the back of the ALS squad for EMS calls. If you are interested in hearing how it is done in my area I would be happy to talk with you about it and answer any questions you may have. Contact me at ulrich@perryfire.org
    Stay Safe,

Dan Ulrich
    Perry Fire Dept.

Thread Information