Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    Greg Chow
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default information on morning pride fire gear

i AM LOOKING FOR ANY INFORMATION ON THE MORNING PRIDE LINE OF FIRE GEAR.IS IT AVAIABLE?DOES THE CO HAVE A WEB PAGE?WHERE IS A DEALER IN CANADA?

ccc530
    Firehouse.com Guest

Go to the Firehouse home page and use the great search function. You will see a list of manufacturers come up and then you can go to the specific on. They do have an Email address and a phone number is provided.

ten70man
    Firehouse.com Guest

Greg,

Just wanted to let you know that about 2 years ago my dept. bought several sets of Morning Pride gear and we have not been very happy with the product. The quality of the gear that we have is not what we expected. We have since returned to buying Jainesville gear and are very pleased with this gear.

[This message has been edited by ten70man (edited March 13, 1999).]

bechereg
    Firehouse.com Guest

Have not had big problems with their gear. Am using the proximity type for airport fire protection. Only problem we have encoountered has been with their helmet. Breaking alot a face shields at the conection.

Ed

Andy Henne
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hi Greg,

We use Morning Pride exclusively. When I was stationed in Germany, we had 237 firefighters outfitted. When we moved to Montana, I bought the same PBI's with BSI compliant protection. We also use Morning Pride Ben II traditional structural helmets, BSI structural gloves, and ventilated nomex hoods.

The gear has performed very well. The most significant problems we have had have been short guys destroying the trouser hems because they drag the ground. That's not a gear problem, though, but errors in proper sizing. The biggest complaint by our guys is that the gear is quite warm, esp. in MT's hot summers. But we have more winter than summer here, so it's a seasonal complaint. The tradeout off for hot gear is that our guys are well protected.

Like bechereg, we have broken several face shields. We have found this is guys flipping their shields up hard into the brass eagle mounted on our helmets.

We also found that the Ben II cannot withstand being run over my a 46,000 pound structural engine. One of our crew chiefs set his helmet on top of the front tire of his engine. Our engines are 4X4 and have a good deal of space between fender and tire. When they drove away, his helmet rode the tire down and under. I contacted my distributor and told her I had found a "flaw" in the helmet. She laughed when I told her the story. We use this helmet as a training tool for where NOT to place one's helmet. When this crew chief retires, we will probably mount it on a plaque for him.

Everything we buy from Morning Pride is NFPA compliant (1997 ed.) for resistance to bodily fluids. Currently, not all gear has passed that BSI test. Others in the forum can probably fill you in as to which gear has been certified compliant to the new standard.

If you have any questions, you can email me, and I can hook you up with phone numbers of distributors or answer what I can for you.

Take care,
    Andy
    Malmstrom AFB Fire/Rescue

Thread Information