hylo
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default Greetings from the Emerald Isle.

Hi
    I am a professional firefighter/emt from Dublin Ireland. We have 11 stations and cover about 140000 calls per year.
    Would love to talk to firefighters from any where in the world about the stories, the job and there part of the world.

------------------

pjackson
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hello Mark
    Iam from Ontario,Canada.Happy Saint Pats day to you.What kind of calls do you run there.

------------------

FFE3BFD
    Firehouse.com Guest

Welcome hylo, I,m a carreer FF in Bayonne NJ also a member of the Emerald Society (chapter 4) in Monmouth county. Hope to hear from you soon. Stay safe.
    Mike

Cdaileym@netscape.net
    Firehouse.com Guest

Welcome Hylo! I'm a volunteer ff and an EMTB in Canton, ME, USA. What's your weather like over there on The Emerald Isle, this time of year. We just got another foot of snow. Hopefully Spring will push in and melt it quickly. Then it will be mud and flood season for a few weeks. We are a town of about 1000 and have 30 volunteers-FF's, EMT's, 1st Responders. We do alot of rescue calls,car accidents, chimney fires and an occasional structure fire.We do monthly training in both fire and rescue and our business in one meeting monthly. We have a good team of men and women. Hope to hear more about your work over there. Happy St. Patricks day! Moe D.

FSRIZZIO
    Firehouse.com Guest

Greetings, I am an Asst. Chief of an all volunteer dept. in Pea Ridge Arkansas,USA. The site of a civil war battle that was a decisive point for the state of Missouri. We have 25 Firefighters and 15 EMT's. We take care of a population of about 3000. We train twice a month to try and stay on top of things. It would be interesting to trade ideas with someone from your neck of the woods.
    Be Safe, Frank

nsfirechap
    Firehouse.com Guest

Greetings from North Pole, Alaska and the North Star Volunteer Fire Department. I am a retired Air Force firefighter presently serving as Chaplain to my current department. North Star has approx 65 firefighters-a combination paid/volunteer department-mostly volunteers. Majority of our responses are medical.Would like to hear more about how you do things over there.

Jeff

[This message has been edited by nsfirechap (edited March 17, 1999).]

hylo
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hi Paul
    Great to hear from Canada.
    In my district of Dublin we respond to a very high number of car fires, as car theft is a problem in some of our areas.We also have a high number of RTAs(MVAs)as we have most of the major roadways comming into Dublin.On that note, if you have any new or unusual techniques for Mvas, I would be very interested in Hearing from you.
    We also turnout to double the amount of ambulance calls to fire calls and, as you know anything can present it self when your on the ambulance. Will be in touch, keep safe. Mark.

trk12
    Firehouse.com Guest

all FFs Are trained to the EMT-B , EMT-I , or EMT-P level . Take care, look forward to hearing from you.

------------------
    Robert E. Shelton

hylo
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hi Robert,
    I missed your point, any way in Ireland,the retained firefighters are only trained as first responders at present as are the full time brigades outside the capital.The full time fire fighters in Dublin are only trained upto EMT-B, even though they run the full time emergency ambulance service.
    The ambulance review board just passed the order for training to proceed to EMT-A, but EMT-A is along way off.The medical staff in hosptals do not approve at present but we will continue to do our best.I hope that clarifed any discrepency.
    Keep safe and talk to you soon.
    Hylo.

pjackson
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hey Mark
    It's Paul from the Great White North.
    Just curious to see if you got my email,I'm never sure if it went through.
    Thanks
    Talk to you later
    Play Safe.

Tom Lafleur
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hi Mark
    Welcome to the forum.I'm a Lt.in a combination dept.in Massachusetts.We cover an area of about 24 sq.miles and about 10,000 people.We do about 300 runs a year,(no EMS). Stay Safe.

Tom

------------------
    Tom Lafleur

Hylo:

I was in Dublin last July. I visited the downtown station near Trinity College. They were in the midst of construction.

I'm in Pennsylvania, USA, near the city of Johnstown (noted for it's major floods). You planning on coming to USA anytime? Contact me privately, please.

hylo
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hi Paul,
    I got you email,it was a pleasure to hear from you,I sent you a reply,will talk to you soon.
    Keep the faith.
    Mark.

hylo
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hi Tom,
    Thanks for your reply, I am only new to the Forum, but already have heard from firefighters from all over the states,is'nt technology a wonderful thing.
    Its great to hear from Massachusetts, I will email you soon,tell you abit about Dublin.
    Thanks again and stay safe,
    Mark.

hylo
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hi Tom,
    Thanks for your reply, I am only new to the Forum, but already have heard from firefighters from all over the states,is'nt technology a wonderful thing.
    Its great to hear from Massachusetts, I will email you soon,tell you abit about Dublin.
    Thanks again and stay safe,
    Mark.

BazC
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hi Hylo, Greetings from Gosford NSW Australia. Member of Rural Volunteer Fire brigade. We had the Big Ones in 94.Been around for about 22 years, hold a senior position here. Have plans to make it to the Emerald Isle one day. Stay safe regards BazC

hylo
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hi Barry,
    Good to hear from Australia, I was over in Sydney three years ago but never got a chance to vist any stations, although the offer was there.
    If you get a chance to vist Ireland e-mail me before you come and, i will arrange for a tour of the city of Dublin and the fire stations.
    Before I go send me an e-mail, I woullove to hear about the 'big ones in 94'.
    stay safe, Mark.

ffMikeKfd
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hello hylo,
    I am a professional FF/EMT-D in Kearny, NJ. Wishing you the best and safest. look forward to hearing from you.
    If you like you can check out the page i designed for our Dept. it has some pics and history of our FD.
    e-mail me @ mlkk216@sprynet.com
    our page--- http://home.sprynet.com/~mlkk216
    Fraternaly
    Mike K

------------------
    MikeKFD196

JOHN J. DELUCA
    Firehouse.com Guest

HELLO HYLO,
    I'M NEW AT THIS COMPUTER LETTER WRITING, BUT I'LL GIVE IT A SHOT.
    I AM A CAPTAIN IN THE PHILADELPHIA FIRE DEPT. AND THERE ARE A LOT OF IRISH FIREFIGHTERS IN THIS CITY, BUT WITH A NAME LIKE DELUCA, OBVIOUSLY I'M NOT ONE OF THEM !
    I WOULD LIKE TO SWAP PATCHES WITH YOU IF YOU CAN, IF YOUR INTERESTED JUST LET ME KNOW.
    TAKE CARE AND BE SAFE.

emtpop
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hi Hylo,
    I am a volunteer in Durham, North Carolina, with the rank of Captain. Had the pleasure of visiting your fair city and the station near Trinity College. Collected a lot of stuff from different departments in the north and south of Ireland. Enjoyed the FF's I met and swapping war stories with all of them.
    Play safe over there.

EMTPOP@aol.com

hylo
    Firehouse.com Guest

Good to hear from you emtpop,
    Hope you enjoyed your trip to Ireland,and thanks for taking the time to reply.
    Stat safe, Mark.

Thread Information