Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fireman Ry
    Firehouse.com Guest

Red face

I saw an advertisement in the back of one of my Firehouse magazines for a job down there. Not only are we nuts for running into a burning building, but that is even worse. I hate the cold weather as it is. Just a tad bit too cold for me.

------------------
    Ryan B.
    Stay Safe

Ward Watson
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

Just out of curiosity, do you happen to know Phil Hayward? I've been trying to locate him for several months. He was a volunteer with me in Colorado. If you do please have him contact me via e-mail at ward_watson@yahoo.com. Thanks alot. Stay safe.

turbotim66
    Firehouse.com Guest

Ward Yes I know Phil He works down here during the summer. He left in Feb don't know if he will be back in Oct or not. sorry i couldn't be more help. If I see him I will pass on your e-mail address

Ward Watson
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

Great! I really appreciate it.

turbotim66
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Well hello again,
    well just 3 months left until we get "freshies" in(people and veggies). The weather has been cold here lately, - 96f was the cold last week. The average is around -50f for the last week. We haven't had many calls This season (thankfully) and we have got alot of the winter over tasking done (tested 11,500' of fire hose). We did it early this year. Last year when we did it it was cold out(about this time of year).
    We have already done our first mass casualty drill (while it was still light out) and we are waiting for 2nd one. I have updated my home page with some more pics. I know some of the pics of rooms aren't there yet but I am working on that. Laters Tim

------------------
    safety is not luck it is a decision

FireRebel
    Firehouse.com Guest

I know of a few firefighters from my area that have went down to the Ice.....Jim Hathaway......sounds like a great adventure, heck of a learning experience.....stay safe!

PAsquadboss
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

Hello from PA, and welcome!!!!

PAsquadboss
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

Hello from PA, and welcome!!!!

turbotim66
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Hey ward Phil will be down here again in the end of Aug.
    update:
    Winfly is fast approching and we are getting all the ARFF rigs ready. we will get freshies again on aug 21...YEAH!!the sun has started to lighten the horizon and will rise above it on 20aug For the first time since the end of Apr. the time has flown this winter and things are going good. laters Tim

------------------
    safety is not luck it is a decision

Ward Watson
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

turbotim66,

Thanks for the info on Phil. I was able to meet up with him about a month ago, while he was in Denver.

Thread Information