Thread: Saying Hello

Brian Johnson
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default Saying Hello

Hey I'm a new guy and just wanted to say hello. I'm an AC in charge of training for a small DOD fire department in Iwakuni, Japan. I've been here since September and am loving Japan. You want to talk challenging, try teaching amercian fire fighting techniques to Japanese Nationals who speak very little english. Oh well, I din't get into this job because it was easy.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Brian Johnson (edited April 26, 1999).]

Tom Lafleur
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hi Brian:
    Welcome to the forum.I'm from the home of the #1 ball in golf.(you play so figure it out LOL). Anyway this is a great place to meet people and share ideas.
    Stay Safe
    Tom

JOHN J. DELUCA
    Firehouse.com Guest

HELLO BRIAN,
    CAN YOU TELL US A LITTLE ABOUT F/F COMPANIES OVER THERE AND WHAT DO THEY THING ABOUT THE WAY WE DO IT.

nsfirechap
    Firehouse.com Guest

Brian,

Greetings from North Pole, Alaska! Sounds like quite a challenge you have. I'm a retired Air Force Firefighter so I understand some of the challenges of the DOD Fire Sevice - had quite a time in the late 70's, early 80's when I was in England with the difference between the way the British fought fire and the way we did. A few years ago I had the priveledge to spend ten days in Okinawa- Japan certainly is a beutiful country(a bit crowded for my liking though) - was quite impressed watching the local national FD in action, and then seeing the Tokyo FD in action( must admit their firetrucks were a bit different). Keep us posted. Hang in there. Have a great, safe day.

Jeff

[This message has been edited by nsfirechap (edited April 26, 1999).]

Thread Information