mfgentili
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default Hello from Massachusetts

Just a note to say hi and introduce myself. I am a 27 year member of the City of New Bedford Fire Department and current Training Officer. I spent my first 17 years on ladder companies. The next 2 years as Training Officer and then 5 years as Captain of an engine company. I then transferred back to the training division and have been here for the past 3 years. I got this computer about one month ago and am finally starting to understand it. Am interested in computerizing all training records and using the Power Point program to prepare presentations. We currently have the necessary software installed in department computers to do this. Any suggestions or comments from other users? Thanks.

nsfirechap
    Firehouse.com Guest

Greetings from North Pole,Alaska and the North Star Volunteer Fire Department. I'm a retired Air Force firefighter now serving with North Star. Power Point is certainly a blast-great for putting presentations on a TV. I've been using it quite a bit to put together graphic intensive slides. I find it a really easy program to use. Certainly beats the old days of trying to copy pictures onto transparencies(especially the slides that like to melt in the copier), plus not having to worry about dumping a tray full of 35mm slides!!! All the best to you.

Jeff

Tom Lafleur
    Firehouse.com Guest

Welcome to the forum Capt. Looking foward to doing the maze behind Sta.5 again.

EXJAKE
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Hellooooo NBFD!

Learn any new tricks since you were here last?

Don't need to do it their way!

------------------
    Good Luck and be careful out there,EXJAKE

Thread Information