Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    actionj21
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default Fire Company seeks web input

MY FIRE COMPANY LOCATED JUST OUTSIDE OF PHILIDELPHIA PENNSYLVANIA IS CURRENTLY SEEKING IDEAS ON DESIGNING A WEB SITE WE ARE LOOKING FOR ANY INFORMATION YOU COULD SHARE WITH US . WE WOULD APRECIATE ANY HELP WE CAN GET. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO E-MAIL ME AT ACTIONJ21@HOTMAIL.COM
    THANK YOU

[This message has been edited by actionj21 (edited May 28, 1999).]

nsfirechap
    Firehouse.com Guest

Check out our the North Star VFD web page @ www.alaska.net/~nsfsa E-mail our Chief-he's a wiz at web page design and html.

Jeff

BChew
    Firehouse.com Guest

For starters I think the use of web sites by volunteer departments is a terrific idea. I have just completed a class about web site designing/building (and I learned alot, I would recommend taking one if your interested in making web site, there are numerous books on the subject, but being able to ask questions makes a big difference.)

The first thing you need do decide when designing a website for your department (and this is only my opinion) is decide who is the target audiance (other emergency providers or the general public) what do you want to tell the viewer.

Also remmeber that load time is important to many internet uses (think about yourself, do you like having to wait a long time for large images to load? Not me.)

Bruce Chew, FF/EMT-P
    Bucks County, PA
    E-mail me for more info, Bruce

ltvfdemt
    Firehouse.com Guest

Definetely define your audience. Don't crowd your site with large pictures. Remember to seperate your page into many chapters and add a navigation page for ease of use. Go ahead and check out this site I created for a small volunteer department in Illinois.

<a href="http://scribers.midwest.net/ltfpd">Logan-Trivoli Fire Protection District at http://scribers.midwest.net/ltfpd</a>

ltvfd

[This message has been edited by ltvfdemt (edited May 27, 1999).]

Thread Information