Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    FIRERAD 10
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default FUNDRAISING FOR PUMPER

LOOKING FOR SUGGESTIONS FOR A FUNDRAISING DRIVE TO RAISE MONEY FOR A NEW TRUCK.

Tom Lafleur
    Firehouse.com Guest

Send a letter to every household in your district, explaining what you are trying to do. Explain how it would benefit them and maybe save their lives and property. My Dept. did it to build a rescue van, and we got more money than we knew what to do with. Our dept. is part of town govmt. and is supported by taxes. They probably wouldn't buy us a van at Town Meeting,but they donate lots of $$$ to keep it off the tax bill. Go figure!!
    Stay Safe and good luck
    Tom

firefighter60
    Firehouse.com Guest

Tom I liked your suggestion. Another that works for us is actually stating what different fund raisers that we are running will support, i.e. our bingo just paid off our station and is now going to buy a new truck. Everyone knows what the money that is raised is going for and that makes them happy. When asking for money remember to keep people happy. It makes it much easier the next time you ask them for money.

HiTecVFD
    Firehouse.com Guest

In my department we have used the mail-out fund raising and it helped a lot. All you need is just send a letter to everyone in your district and as mentioned earlier, tell them what the money will go for. And in the letter also thank them for their support and also mention any other items that have been donated in the past and thank the people that made the donations. A good road to take is also to send letters to businesses in your area, (it is good PR for businesses to donate money like that)
    Wish you luck..

BURNSEMS
    Firehouse.com Guest

Sound like Good Advise from all, try one more route GRANTS, we recently have purchased 2 Used Engines that were practicly brand new with Grants from two different foundations. Alot of insurance Companies offer Grants for Fire Depts that have A limited income. Check under www.fema.org look in the index section for listings of grants available to Vol Fire Depts and contact the I.R.S. to ensure you qualify for Non Profit Status. If you work at it and can be patient GRANTS offer a wide range of flexibility and require limited man power to produce great results.

------------------
    Here today for a Safer Tomorrow

Thread Information