Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Administrator

Default LODD - New York City

Please feel free to post condolences for veteran FDNY Capt. Vincent Fowler.

Fowler died early Friday after being trapped without air when a floor of a burning home collapsed on top of him. Fowler, 47, saw that part of the house was collapsing and was trying to get the other firefighters out when the debris rained down upon him.

The complete story is online at
    http://Firehouse.Com/news/99/6/4_lodd2.html

We will make every attempt to forward these postings to the appropriate individuals with the FDNY.

Our condolences to the family, friends and brothers and sisters in New York.

Firehouse.Com WebTeam

[This message has been edited by WebTeam (edited June 04, 1999).]

nsfirechap
    Firehouse.com Guest

May God truly bless and comfort the members of the NYFD and the family of Capt Fowler. I am truly saddened by the news of his death. This has been a tough week for the fire service. We are family and when one of my brothers answers thier final call, I truly feel the loss. On behalf of the men and women of the North Star VFD please accept my heartfelt condolences.

Chaplain Jeff Turkel
    North Star VFD
    North Pole, Alaska

FFtazUFC3
    Firehouse.com Guest

My Heartfelt sympathies and condolences to the Family, Friends, and the FDNY on the loss of Capt. Vincent Fowler. May God bless and keep you!!! This has been a tradgic week for all of us in the fire service 4 fallen brothers in less than a week, a loss felt by the extended family of Firefighters everywhere, you are not alone in your grief.

------------------
    FF/EMT-B Cullen UFC3

Americas Heroes
    Firehouse.com Guest

On behalf of all of us at "America's Heroes," we extend our sincere condolences to the family, comrades and friends of Capt. Vincent Fowler. May his memory be an inspiration to us all.

RevMark98
    Firehouse.com Guest

Capt Fowler truly died a hero in trying to allow his men time to escape the flames. If there is any comfort to his family may it be seen through the lives of the men he saved through his selfless act. God bless and strenghten his family and the members of his company.

------------------
    Because HE lives I can face tomorrow

e33
    Firehouse.com Guest

Condolences to the fellow brothers and family of Captain Fowler. May He rest in peace.

The men who removed him and tried in vain to resusitate him are truly heroes, for they would have laid their lives down for their comrade.

[This message has been edited by e33 (edited June 04, 1999).]

Ralph Eugley
    Firehouse.com Guest

To the family and all the members of FDNY. We
    at Thomaston Fire Dept. offer our sincere
    thoughts and prayers to you all over the loss
    of Capt.Fowler. May god bless you all.

Vinny Del Giudice
    Firehouse.com Guest

God bless Capt. Fowler, his family and his injured comrades.

macatac
    Firehouse.com Guest

May God be with Capt Vincent Fowler.
    Our thoughts and Prayers go out to his
    Family and the Brothers of F.D.N.Y.
    And a speedy recovery to the injured brothers.

Lawrence W. Mac Phee
    Tavares Fire Rescue (Florida)
    Local #3245

------------------

[This message has been edited by macatac (edited June 04, 1999).]

part-timer
    Firehouse.com Guest

Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall
    be comforted. My deepest of sympathies to
    the family and to his brother firefighters.

Phil k.
    ambridge fire dept.
    ambridge pa.

The Heart Behind the Hero
    Firehouse.com Guest

Our thoughts, prayers and deepest sympathy are with the family and friends of Captain Vincent Fowler. May God be with you all to guide you through this most difficult time.

To the members of the FDNY, please know that the thoughts and prayers of fellow firefighters across America, are with you. We are so sorry for your loss.

Sincerest Regards,

Curt & Karen Yoder

mfgentili
    Firehouse.com Guest

It seems each day we visit this site we find more tragic news. Sincere condolences from the New Bedford Fire Department Training Division to the family and friends of Capt. Vincent Fowler FDNY.

------------------
    mfg

tony s
    Firehouse.com Guest

i too am very sorry for the loss of capt vincent fowler please give my sincere gratiude to the NYFD and his family aswell

------------------

tony s

[This message has been edited by tony s (edited June 04, 1999).]

Captstanm
    Firehouse.com Guest

It is with deep regret that I read of the death of yet another firefighter in the line of duty. One is too many, but 4 in less than one week is a tremendous blow to our brotherhood. As a family of firefighters in Virginia, my wife karen and I as well as my two sons (who aspire to be firefighters), my step daughter and my future son in law send our deepest sympathy to FDNY members and the members of the family. Your loss is certainly our loss. WE can only ask that God watch over us and please let it stop.

Captstanm
    Firehouse.com Guest

The members of the Vint Hill Farms Station Fire and Emergency Services (U.S. Army CECOM) in Northern Virginia send our deepest sympathy in the loss of another brother in the line of duty. Our thoughts and prayers are with you as you deal with this tragedy.

Captstanm
    Firehouse.com Guest

The members of the Warrenton Volunteer Fire Company in Virginia send our condolences. When death strikes it has no sense of whether we are volunteer or career. Yet it reaches out and strikes us unexpectedly as we strive to save others. God bless the members of FDNY and the members of the immediate family as we lay another brother to rest.

LT trk106
    Firehouse.com Guest

on behalf of the City of ST. Joseph Fire Dept. local 1670 we give our thoughts and prayers to the family and freinds of Capt. Fowler and the F.D.N.Y.

LT.

Scoco
    Firehouse.com Guest

Capt. Fowler and his family are in our thoughts and prayers.

J.Trautwein
    Firehouse.com Guest

May God be with the family and fellow brothers of Capt. Fowler. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

Jack Trautwein
    Louisa, F.D. 3 Truck
    Louisa, KY

CSS130
    Firehouse.com Guest

My sincere condolences to the family and friends of Capt. Fowler. It is with deep regret that we have lossed another "Brother". My heart not only goes out to his family and friends but also to the members of FDNY. May God be with you all during this horrible time. It seems as of late WE are losing to many of our "Brothers" as they are trying to save another's life. May God watch over ALL of US.

[This message has been edited by CSS130 (edited June 05, 1999).]

NMFD33
    Firehouse.com Guest

From Fire/EMS Explorer Post 402 and undoubtingly the new Milford Vol Fire Dept,NJ i wish to send regards to the brothers in New York. 5-5-5

Chris Kerrigan
    E-33 T-31 Co.2
    New Milford FD, NJ

actionj21
    Firehouse.com Guest

I SEND MY MOST SINCERE CONDOLENCES TO THE FAMILY OF CAPTIAN VINCE FOWLER. HE MADE THE SUPREME SACERFICE SO THAT SOMEONE ELSE MIGHT LIVE. TO MY BROTHERS IN THE NEW YORK CITY FIRE DEPT. IT HAS BEEN A TOUGH WEEK FOR US FIRE FIGHTERS OUR BROTHER ANSWEARD HIS FINAL ALARM WITH BRAVERY & COURAGE. MAY THE LORD BE WITH YOU DURING THIS MOST DIFFICULT TIME.
    ON BEHALF OF THE MEMBERSHIP OF THE GARRETTFORD DREXEL HILL VOL. FIRE COMPANY DELAWARE COUNTY ,PA

JEFF JAKSON
    FIRE FIGHTER

------------------

DAVE BASALA
    Firehouse.com Guest

ON BEHALF OF THE HAZLE TOWNSHIP FIRE & RESCUE CO. OUR SYMPATHY GO OUT TO THE FAMILY AND FREINDS OF OUR FALLEN BROTHERS AND PRAYERS TO THE QUICK RECOVERY OF THE OTHER BROTHER THAT WHERE HURT IN THE HOUSE.

------------------
    DEPUTY.DAVID BASALA

d1firefighter
    Firehouse.com Guest

The brothers and sisters of Shoshone County Fire District #1 would like to give our deepest sympathy to the family of Capt. Foweler and to the rest of FDNY brothers and sisters may CAPT. Foweler rest in peace and be with us all on the next alarm to be our guardian angle with the rest of our fallen brothers and sisters you are all in our prayers and thoughts.

Ledbelly
    Firehouse.com Guest

With deepest respect and sympathy to the family and friends of Capt. Fowler and NYFD. We all share your loss...God Bless All.

Captain...we'll see you further on up the road....

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information