Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Administrator

Default Condolences for California Captain

A dedicated family man and captain with the City of Manteca Fire Department in Central California made the supreme sacrifice Wednesday in a freak accident during a training exercise.

Thomas Moore, 38, was conducting a drill at the Regional Fire Training Center that required firefighters to climb a ladder to the second floor, advance a hoseline up the ladder and extinguish a fire. During the exercise, Moore fell 18 feet from a second-story window, suffering traumatic neck and head injuries.

The complete story is online <a href="http://www.Firehouse.Com/news/99/6/17_lodd.html">by clicking here</a>

Please feel free to post condolence notes that will be passed on via the internet to the appropriate personnel with Moore's department.

[This message has been edited by WebTeam (edited June 17, 1999).]

mfgentili
    Firehouse.com Guest

To the family and friends of Captain Thomas Moore,
    Please accept the sincere condolences of the New Bedford, Mass. Fire Department Training Division during this time of sorrow. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

------------------
    mfg

Truck6B SFD
    Firehouse.com Guest

To the family and friends of Tom Moore and The Manteca City Fire Department,
    My heart and prayers go out to all of you. I knew Tom and he was doing one of the things he loved to do. He will be missed. Tom has made the supreme sacrifice. Myself and the City of Sacramento Fire Department send our sincere condolences.
    Kurt Dittig
    Firefighter
    Sacramento City Fire Dept

[This message has been edited by Truck6B SFD (edited June 19, 1999).]

Administrator

Reposted from e-mail to Firehouse.Com:
    --------------------------------------

By Andrew Kellogg

Tom was 14 veteran of the City of Manteca Fire Department in Central California. Tom was an Engine Company Captain. He was assigned to E241, A shift. I am also a Captain with Manteca assigned to E242, A shift. I was standing next to Tom at the time of this tragic accident.

Tom was trully the most respected person in our organiztion of 50. He was scheduled to take part in the training with his engine company this day but was requested to place of our training officer due to an illness. He was proctoring the evolution when the accident occurred.

Tom touched the lives of firefighter throughout the world. He taught Haz-Mat classess throughout the United States, Guam and Singapore.

Tom was a very devoted family man and Christian. He assisted with pastoring his church and taught Sunday school classes. He regularly took youth groups on mountain climbing trips and camping.

Tom leaves behind a wife of 16 years, Robin, an eleven year old daughter, Sarah, and a six year old son, Kevin.

Tom will be greatly missed by all he touched. He died doing what he loved to do.

ccc530
    Firehouse.com Guest

The Coral Springs Volunteer Firefighters Association (Florida) sends its' deepest sympathy for the family. May The Lord comfort and guide them.

[This message has been edited by ccc530 (edited June 17, 1999).]

Oxford Fire Police
    Firehouse.com Guest

The Oxford Fire Police service sends its deepest thoughts to the friends and family of Capt. Moore. May it be a comfort to know our thoughts are with you.

------------------
    Maria Hilligoss, Administrative Assistant Oxford Fire Police Oxford, ME

James_Orenthal
    Firehouse.com Guest

Deepest regrets to the family and fellow firefighters of Captain Moore from Lieut. Jim Martin and the Clarysville Vol. Fire Co. I hold the highest respect for Capt. Moore and all those who have giventhe ultimate sacrifice for the fire service.

[This message has been edited by James_Orenthal (edited June 17, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by James_Orenthal (edited June 17, 1999).]

Ledbelly
    Firehouse.com Guest

To the Family and Friends of Capt. Tom Moore and the Manteca Fire Department,

I offer sincere condolences and sympathy for your loss. God Bless All,

With Deepest Respect,
    Lee Wise
    Midland Fire Department

HiTecVFD
    Firehouse.com Guest

I send my prayers and thoughts to the family and friends of Thomas Moore. Even though I did not know him, we are all in this together and anytime one goes on to meet the Lord we all grieve for them.

knewburn
    Firehouse.com Guest

The Bullard Fire Department wishes to extend its deepest sympathies and condolences to the family and fellow firefighters in this time of need.Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Nik
    Firehouse.com Guest

my thoughts are with the Moore family, his fire department and those who knew this obviously generous man. On behalf of the Woodbury Vol. Fire Department, we offer our most sincere condolences.

firesmith
    Firehouse.com Guest

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you for the loss of our brother.

Wingate NC Firefighter/Instructor

twkick
    Firehouse.com Guest

Laurens County EMS and Fire Department express our heartfelt sympathy to the family and friends of Captain Tom Moore, you are in our prayers

The Heart Behind the Hero
    Firehouse.com Guest

We are so deeply sorry for the tragic loss of Captain Thomas Moore. We extend our sincerest condolences to his wife, Robin and their two children. May God be with them,his family and friends, and the members of the City of Manteca Fire Department.

Respectfully,

Curt & Karen Yoder
    "The Heart Behind the Hero"

Capt-EJ12
    Firehouse.com Guest

The Richmond, Virginia, Department of Fire and Emergency Services, wishes to extend it's deepest sympathy on the loss of Fire Captain Thomas Moore. There isn't any words that can really express the loss and hurt we feel as brothers and sisters, when a member of the fire service dies doing what they love and enjoy doing. May he rest in peace.

MikeD
    Firehouse.com Guest

On behalf of the Clovis Fire Department (CA) please accept our sincere sympathy for the loss of Capt. Moore. Having known and worked with Tom, I find it difficult to express how much he will be missed. As a rookie firefighter with the Manteca Fire Department, I was working less than week before Tom invited me to his house for dinner. During my visit, Tom and his wife Robin made me feel like part of the family. Not once, in the 11 years that I have known Tom, did I ever see Tom without a big smile, even during difficult times.
    My life will always be better for knowing him. I'm sure there are many many more that would say the same.

With Saddened Heart.
    Mike Despain
    Captain - Clovis Fire Department

(Manteca Firefighter - 1988-1989)

nsfirechap
    Firehouse.com Guest

On behalf of the men and women of the North Star VFD, our hearts and prayers go out to the Manteca FD and Capt Tom Moores Family. We are truly saddened by the loss of another brother. WE ARE FAMILY and as such are in this together. God bless you all for the outpouring of support. When one hurts, we all hurt.

Jeff

Tom Lynch
    Firehouse.com Guest

Brothers,

Please accept our heartfelt sympathy at this time of great loss. Last week we buried Capt. Vincent Fowler of Ladder Co. 173. While devistated by the loss of a great man, we found strength in the tremendous showing of support from brother firefighters everywhere. May you too find this support in your time of need.

Tom Lynch
    NYFD Engine 331/Ladder 173

akellogg
    Firehouse.com Guest

The Manteca Fire Department would thank all who have responded. I would like to pass on additional iformation. Capt. Moore's funeral will take place on Tuesday, June 22, 1999 at 10:30 at the Calvery Community Church on Lathrop Rd. in Manteca.

A trust fund has been set up for Robin, Sarah and Kevin at The Bank of Stockton, 660 N. Main St. Manteca Ca. 95336, Account #25-048554-20. Additional contact can be made at The Manteca Fire Dept. 290 S. Powers Ave. Manteca CA, 95336, (209)239-8435. Thank you. Captain A.Kellogg

rfd378
    Firehouse.com Guest

To the Family of Captain Moore & The Manteca Fire Department, From everyone at the Richmond Fire Dept. please accept our Deepest Condolences and Prayers. Our Hearts are with you all.

------------------
    Richmond Fire,CA

fireball61
    Firehouse.com Guest

New Buffalo City Fire Department
    Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of Captain Tom Moore. May God watch over all.
    fireball61

Rodney Wagner
    Firehouse.com Guest

The Ridgefield Park Volunteer Fire Department (New Jersey) wishes to express our condolences to the family, friends and to the City of Manteca Fire Department on the loss of Captain Thomas Moore. All our thoughts are with you.

------------------
    Captain Rodney Wagner
    Ridgefield Park, NJ Volunteer Fire Department

gp13
    Firehouse.com Guest

Brothers in Manteca, on behalf of Local 3920
    Fulton County,Ga. Professional Firefighters
    please accept our heartfelt sympathy and our prayers for both families. His firefighting family and family whom I'm sure he loved and admired. May GOD grant you his divine peace inthis your time of sorrow.

Respectfully,
    Mark Akins, President
    Local 3920 IAFF

------------------

Richard Sessions
    Firehouse.com Guest

I am a member of Valley Springs, Ar. Fire and Rescue, as well as a full time pastor of a church. My deepest sympathies for the family of Captain Moore. May I offer them the sure hope of the Christian's eternal reward and eternal life in the presence of the Lord. May He comfort you in your grief.

Vinny Del Giudice
    Firehouse.com Guest

God bless this man and his family.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information