to minister aid, and he once again began seizing, this time going into
    respiratory arrest. He was rushed to the hospital, where he was
    pronounced dead a short time later. Since he was an organ donor, his
    autopsy was delayed.

Ironically, F/F McGrath was born in St. John's Hospital and lived in the
    area of the hospital his whole life. Acting on information from
    community members late last night, police arrested a 17-year-old boy in
    connection with the blaze and charged him with arson. Further charges
    may be pressed after the results of the autopsy are released.

The 19-year veteran is survived by his wife and three children.

The Complete Story can be found by <a href="/news/99/6/17_lodda.html">clicking here</a>.

Please feel free to post condolences and we will make every attempt to forward them to officials in Pittsburgh.

MacIntyre149
    Firehouse.com Guest

With much sadness we say goodbye to yet another firefighter that protects the Pittsburgh area. Our hearts go with him as he goes with us to our next alarm.

On monday this Pittsburgh Firefighter McGraff's Son will play in a PA State Championship baseball game, he wil dedicate the game to his father's honor.

------------------
    those who do not learn history are condemned to repeat it.

mfgentili
    Firehouse.com Guest

Sincere condolences to the McGrath family and the members of the Pittsburgh Fire Bureau from the New Bedford Fire Dept. Training Division.

------------------
    mfg

Oxford Fire Police
    Firehouse.com Guest

The Oxford Fire Police sends its deepest sympathies to the family and friends of Firefighter McGrath. Our prayers and thoughts are with you during this time of sorrow.

------------------
    Maria Hilligoss, Administrative Assistant Oxford Fire Police Oxford, ME

Jvettorel
    Firehouse.com Guest

The Cochranton VFD send it's sincere condolonces to the family and friends of Firefighter McGrath.

Mike K
    Firehouse.com Guest

The officers and members of Citizens Hose Company #1, Glassport, PA would like to express our deepest and sincere condolences to Firefighter McGrath's family, friends and the members of Pittsburgh Bureau of Fire. May he rest in peace.

epfdsta2
    Firehouse.com Guest

It's is with the deepest sympathy and heart felt sorrow to the Families of all our fallen brothers. It is important to remember that these Firefighter did what they loved and gave all for GOD and their community. Remember them as America's Bravest.
    BE SAFE AND REST IN PEACE MY BROTHER,

Capt-EJ12
    Firehouse.com Guest

The Richmond, Virginia, Department of Fire and Emergency Services, extends it's deepest sympathy to the Members of The Pittsburgh Bureau of Fire, on the loss of Firefighter Paul McGrath. Words alone can not say enough to convey the sorrow all firefighters across the world feel upon learning of this tragic news. May God bless all the members of the Pittsburgh Bureau and the family of our departed Brother. May we all Stay Safe!

firefighter60
    Firehouse.com Guest

I would like to express the condolances of the Hookstown Vol Fire Dept. to the family of Firefighter McGraff, his friends, and the Pittsburgh Bureau of Fire. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Lt. David Ferguson
    Hookstown VFD

firefighter60
    Firehouse.com Guest

I am sorry for the typo in the previous post please read it as McGrath.

Dave

Rodney Wagner
    Firehouse.com Guest

The Ridgefield Park Fire Department sends our condolences to the family, friends and fellow firefighters of Firefighter McGrath of the City of Pittsburg Bureau of Fire. Our prayers are with all of you.

------------------
    Captain Rodney Wagner
    Ridgefield Park, NJ Volunteer Fire Department

nsfirechap
    Firehouse.com Guest

On behalf of the men and women of the North Star VFD, I'd like to also offer my deepest heartfelt condolences to Firefighter McGraths family and the Pittsburgh FD. We are family, and when one of my brothers answer thier last alarm, I truly feel the loss. God bless you all and keep you safe.

Chaplain Jeff Turkel
    North Star VFD
    North Pole, Alaska

"Blessed are they that ,ourn for they shall be comforted".

Tom Lynch
    Firehouse.com Guest

Brothers,

Soon after feeling grateful for your support during our time of need, we send our heartfelt condolences during your time of need. May you find hope in all the sympathy during this most difficult time.

Tom Lynch
    NYFD Engine 331/Ladder 173

medic1
    Firehouse.com Guest

It is with deep sadness that we say goodbye
    to a firefighter who has given the supreme sacrifice. Our prayers go to the McGrath family, Engine 34 and to all the members of the Pittsburgh Fire Dept.

Ogunquit,Me. Fire Rescue

breamike
    Firehouse.com Guest

My heartfelt condolances go out to the McGrath family and Engine 34 for the extreme loss of a Brother Firefighter.

Ledbelly
    Firehouse.com Guest

God Bless Firefighter McGrath, his family and friends and the Pittsburgh FD. I offer all my respect and sympathy in this time of sorrow.

LW

twkick
    Firehouse.com Guest

The Laurens County EMS and Fire Department sends it's condolences to Fire Fighter McGrath's family, friends, and co-workers. You all are in our prayers. May he rest in peace.

-------------
    Thomas W. Kickler, Director
    Laurens County EMS
    Laurens, South Carolina

I.A.F.F. Local 2934
    Firehouse.com Guest

The men of Local 2934 St. Johnsbury Fire Dept.(Vermont)send our condolances to the family and brothers of the Pittsburg Fire Dept.Our thoughts and prayers are with you in this trying time.
    fraternally,
    Barron P. Gilding
    Vice President Local 2934

------------------

engine8
    Firehouse.com Guest

From the members of Baltimore County Fire Department Station 8 C shift we would like to offer our deepest sympathy and our prayers for the family of Firefighter Paul McGrath of Station 34 of the Pittsburgh Bureau of Fire.
    Our thoughts and prayers are also with our brothers and sisters in Pittsburgh...

God Bless and stay safe...

part-timer
    Firehouse.com Guest

My deepest sorrow to his family. God has taken him home. Our prayers are with him.
    P.Kowalski
    Ambridge VFD

Iuka Fire Dept.
    Firehouse.com Guest

Firefighter never die, they just get transfered to the uptown station. McGrath family, Pittsburg firefighters you are in our prayers

gp13
    Firehouse.com Guest

From the members of Local 3920, our ddepest sympathy to all of your members and especially to the family of FF Mc Grath.

Our prayers and best wishes go with all of you in this time of sorrow.

May GOD send his divine peace to all of the family and brothers in Pittsburgh.

Mark Akins
    President
    Local 3920 IAFF

------------------

cwerner
    Firehouse.com Guest

My sincerest condolences to the McGrath family. Another joins the ranks of America's heroes. I am certain that he enjoyed his job and would have had it no other way.

Sincerely,

Charles Werner
    Charlottesville, VA

------------------

Vinny Del Giudice
    Firehouse.com Guest

God bless this man, his family and comrades at the Pittsburgh Bureau of Fire.

firecapt745
    Firehouse.com Guest

The Evensville District of the Rhea County Fire Dept. wishes to send it's deepest sympathy and regrets on the loss of Firefighter McGrath. May God be with you all during your time of loss. Capt. Lynn Smith, Rhea Co. Fire Dept. Evensville District, Evensville, Tennessee.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information