Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    emsbrando
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default HELLO FROM CARTHAGE, TEXAS

Hi guys,

My name is Ed Brando, a Firefighter for the Carthage Fire Department, and a Paramedic Regional Director for East Texas Medical Center/EMS.

I have been with Carthage Fire Department for going on 14 years, and am an instructor at Texas A&M Municipal Fire Training School, for Hand Tool Extrication.

I have been with ETMC/EMS for 15 years, started as a grounds medic, went to
    Air-1 for about 6 years and have been a Regional Director for 7 1/2 years. I manage Smith County, Van, and Panola County Texas for an EMS Service that covers approximately 25,000 square miles in East Texas. Before Texas, I was a Paramedic for Acadian Ambulance Service in Louisiana, was an EMT for Aberdeen-Monroe County Hospital in Mississippi, an EMT for Ambulance Service of NW Louisiana in Shreveport, but I got my start on the South Matawan (now Aberdeen) Township First Aid and Rescue Squad.

Our Fire Department has a Rescue, 2 Grass rigs, 2 crew Suburbans, 3 Engines, a hose tender, and a 75' Quint. We have about 35 active members.

Really I just wanted to say Hi, I've been looking into this wonderful web site since it started and it is an everyday visit.

Some of the things I am primarily interested in are;

1. Software for ICS such as a worksheet for a laptop or computer at an EOC.

2. Any new techniques or ideas about Rehab.

3. Any software programs for mapping such as in large scale emergencies to where you have to search entire neighborhoods.

Thats about it. I just wanted to say Hi and exchange any information that any of you have out there on one of these subjects or other interests.

Ed Brando

nsfirechap
    Firehouse.com Guest

Ed,

Always nice to see a posting from someone from the old neighborhood(I'm originally from Hazlet).

Jeff

Thread Information