Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Thread: HELLO

FDVA350
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post HELLO

Hi, I JUST JOINED THE FORUM. A LITTLE HISTORY ON MYSELF AS FOLLOWS:
    I'M A FEDERAL FIREFIGHTER/EMT WITH THE DEPT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS, ASSIGNED TO THE FDR VA MEDICAL CENTER IN MONTROSE NEW YORK.
    I'M ALSO A VOLUNTEER FIRE CAPTAIN IN MY HOMETOWN, SOMERS, NEW YORK.
    I STARTED MY FIREFIGHTING CAREER IN THE US NAVY IN 1988. I JOINED TO VIRGINIA BEACH VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPT IN 1987 AND ROSE TO CAPTAIN IN 1991. I LEFT ACTIVE DUTY IN 1993 AND RETURNED HOME. I JOINED TO SOMERS VFD IN 1993, SERVED 3 YEARS AS LT AND NOW ON MY 2ND YEAR AS CAPTAIN. I WAS HIRED BY THE VA IN DECEMBER OF 1998. MY GRANDFATHER IS A RETIRED FDNY BATTALION CHIEF, AND MY FATHER IS AN EX-CHIEF FROM SOMERS. I'M CERTIFIED NYS EMT-D, HAZ-MAT TECH, ROPE RESCUE TECH, AND FIRE INSPECTOR.
    JUST POSTING THIS MESSAGE TO SAY HI.

[This message has been edited by FDVA350 (edited July 23, 1999).]

BigJohn
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

Welcome... I'm a Volunteer FF in Ohio. I'm actually a newbie, only been on about a month. If you're new to the forums, let me welcome you! I've only been posting/reading here for about a week and I think it's great! It's nice to have a place to ask questions and get information about procedures and new equipment, etc.

Have fun... and don't hesitate to post replies on any of the topics...

Be safe and God Bless!

P.S. In case the other topic was an accident, you should be able to click the little icon with the pencil & paper on it to Edit/Delete it.

------------------
    John Higgins
    Perry Twp. VFD
    Lawrence Co., OH
    http://members.xoom.com/ptvfd/

[This message has been edited by BigJohn (edited July 22, 1999).]

nsfirechap
    Firehouse.com Guest

Greetings from the North Star VFD in North Pole, Alaska. Always great to see someone knew on the fourms. The boards are a great way to pass along/recieve info.
    I'm a recently retired Air force firefighter now volunteering with North Star. Again, welcome to the forums.

Jeff

Vinny Del Giudice
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hello! Are you in NYC or NY state? I'd like to find out what federal fire departments are still operating in the city. Regards.

Thread Information