GFDENG
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question PHYSICAL TRAINING PROGRAMS

THE DEPARMENT I WORK FOR HAS RECENTLY PUT A PHYSICAL TRAINING COMMITTEE TOGETHER. THE COMMITTEE IS TAKING A LOOK AT OUR DEPARMENT'S P.T. EQUIPMENT AND TRYING TO MAKE P.T. A HIGHER PRIORITY FOR OUR MEMBERS.WE ARE LOOKING FOR ANY INFORMATION ON TYPES OF P.T. PROGRAMS THAT OTHER DEPARTMENTS HAVE PUT TOGETHER COMBINING WEIGHT TRAINING AND CARDIOVASCULAR TRAINING. PROGRAMS THAT SHOW THAT SPECIFIC EXERCISES STRENGTHEN SPECIFIC MUSCLES WHICH ARE RELATED TO THE MUSCLES YOU USE TO PERFORM FIREGROUND AND EMERGENCY SCENE TASKS. IF WE LINK THE P.T. PROGRAM TO OUR PROFESSION WE BELIEVE THAT THIS MAY IMPROVE PERFORMANCE, ENCOURAGE MEMBERS TO PARTICIPATE, REDUCE INJURIES, AND POSSIBLY HELP ACQUIRE FUNDS FOR THE PROGRAM IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE ALSO LOOKING FOR ANY STATISTICAL INFORMATION THAT ANYONE MAY HAVE SHOWING THE BENEFITS OF A P.T. PROGRAM IN REGARDS TO QUCIKER REHABILITATION FROM AN INJURY, A DECREASE IN THE NUMBER OF INJURIES OR A DECREASE IN THE NUMBER OF SERIOUS INJURIES. GETTING THIS TYPE OF INFORMATION CAN HELP THE PROGRAM DEVELOP WITH VALADITY. UNFORTUNATELY MY DEPARTMENT HAS NOT TRACKED THIS INFORMATION OVER THE YEARS, BUT IS STARTING NOW. ALSO WE ARE LOOKING FOR INFORMATION REGARDING NONPUNITIVE MANDATORY P.T. PROGRAMS THAT HAVE BEEN IMPLEMENTED BY DEPARTMENTS. WHAT DOES THE PROGRAM CONSIST OF, HOW WAS IT IMPLEMENTED, AND WHAT WAS THE RESPONSE FROM THE MEMBERSHIP? THE COMMITTEE I AM ON IS NOT ANY WAY TRYING TO DEVELOPE ANY TYPE OF PROGRAM THAT WILL BE PUNITIVE OR HURT SOMEONE. THE GOAL IS TO TRY TO KEEP OUR MEMBERS HEALTHY SO THEY CAN EVENTUALLY RETIRE AND THEN ENJOY MANY YEARS OF RETIREMENT. ANY INFORMATION ON THIS SUBJECT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME AT EKEPPLER@HOTMAIL.COM. I HOPE TO GET MANY RESPONSES AND LOTS OF INFORMATION. EVERYONE BE SAFE AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

mg825
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Our deptartment doesn't have a program like that even thought some of us have tried. About eight of us have started a program to better us. Men's Fitness has a lot of good workouts and diet ideas. It is just a start but with a vol. dept. it is hard for everyone to a agree. Good Luck

mg825
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Our deptartment doesn't have a program like that even thought some of us have tried. About eight of us have started a program to better us. Men's Fitness has a lot of good workouts and diet ideas. It is just a start but with a vol. dept. it is hard for everyone to a agree. Good Luck

------------------

mg825
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

------------------

mg825
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

HHoffman
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

I think a good full body work out is the best. We are allowed to use the Base gym in the morning. I do 30 min. of cardio them about 45 min. of weight training.

Q1LT
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

We have a mandatory PT program that consist of a 30 min. weight lifting & 30 min. arobic activity. This is done every shift from 0745-0900. All fire stations have their on weight rooms. Personnel may work out again in the evenings. For a copy of our SOP e-mail me at <cshell@georgetowntx.org

------------------
    "PRIDE OF THE SOUTHSIDE"
    Where duty calls, there you will find us!

Thread Information