Thread: CHALLENGE

nsfirechap
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation CHALLENGE

I for one am greatly troubled by the high rate of line of duty deaths caused by heart attacks. Concerned for my brothers and sisters in the Fire Service (remember we are family) and for myself. I am quickly approaching forty, eat too many fried and fatty foods(after all don't they taste the best), can afford to lose a few pounds (okay more than a few),and quite honestly I enjoy spending way too much time in front of the tv and the computer and could use a little more exercise( and I'm the one who used to gripe about the mandatory PT when I was in the Air Force). I'm willing to make some healthy life style changes. Anyone care to join me???????????????
    Have a great SAFE day. God bless you all as you serve.

Truckie from Missouri
    Firehouse.com Guest

At my station, we've ste 0900 to 1030 aside for PT.

C'mon by!!

------------------
    Proud Member of IAFF Local 3133!

Stay safe.
    Ken

Andy Henne
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hi Jeff,

If you get a chance to read the latest Air Force Times," you will find this topic discussed in detail. This is for AF members, but AF Fire Protection is included as well. Most AF firefighters have an advantage in that they have a gym usually located right in the fire station. Doesn't give the guys and girls much excuse not to work out. But I find that many of them don't for one reason or the other.

I agree wholeheartedly that our family needs to stay in shape simply because of the job we do. And if I go down (God forbid), I want them capable of getting me out. This includes administrative folks! Remember, we are all firefighters first, and then the rest follows.

Thanks Jeff for the reminder. By the way, Dennis will be there soon and he could use some gym time... Take care.

Andy
    Captain/EMT
    Malmstrom AFB Fire/Rescue
    Montana

Thread Information