ksFIRE
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post Explorer Firefighter seeking advice

I am 15 and Captain of my local Explorer division I really love the Fire service and want to make it my carrer. But our department gets very few calls and because if that I don't get to practice very much. When i turn 16 next year I am going after my FF2 and I would like any advice you have
    ---------------
    Thanks,
    ksFIRE
    NC

BVFD
    Firehouse.com Guest

Stick with it! Read and train, read and train, read and train. And by "train" I don't mean walk through the motions, I mean bust your behind, just as if it were the real thing.

------------------
    Learn all the jobs, at some point you'll have to do them

ksFIRE
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thanks BVFD. I've been geting my hands on any and all books I can. Thanks again for the advice.

firefighter_ixoye
    Firehouse.com Guest

Lightbulb

hey there well i am new to the family as well but i am glad that u are with us
    i am a firefighter and have been for about a year but i have been learning about firefighting for about 17 years
    and i am only 17years old i have grown up in the fire sevrice and there is always 2 thing to remember we are not heroes we have a job to do just like any one else and second if u ever fora second think that u know all there is to know about fire or firefighting get out of any fire department as fast as u can cuase u are gonna be bitten by the animale we take out
    well i think i have said my peace if u want to talk to a firefighter your own age email me at any time

Thread Information