LondonUKfirefighter
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile talk from across the big pond

Hello fellow firefighters-glad to be aboard,tragic about the fire in worcester,lets hope it doesn't happen again.
    Look forward to hearing from you all-and sharing diferent views.

Cheers

Steve

firefighter60
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Steve, welcome to the forum section. Looking forward to hearing about fire fighting in the United Kingdom. If you have any questions about how it is done here in the states you have come to the right place. Once again welcome aboard and enjoy.

------------------
    David Ferguson
    Lt. Hookstown VFD

Ledbelly
    Firehouse.com Guest

Steve,
    Glad to welcome you and I know I'll be looking forward to hearing from you... the more input and different perspectives the better. Watch yer topknot,

Lee

hylo
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hi Steve
    At last some one from closer to home.
    I am from Dublin, Ireland. A full time firefighter/emt. Its good to hear from somebody in the UK. I have made good friends in the states and aussie land, but you are the first guy I have come across from close to home.
    Look forward to hearing from you, and would be interested in hearing about how busy you guys are, were you are stationed, you know all the usual stuff.
    Talk soon and stay safe.
    Mark Hyland.

galiazj
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Welcome Steve.
    I am looking forward to chating with you in the future. This is a great site and a good source of all kinds of information. As for our boys up in Worcester, very tragic. We all have to watch ourselves. Lets pray it never happens again.

Be safe!
    Jason

[This message has been edited by galiazj (edited December 09, 1999).]

Lieutenant Gonzo
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Welcome to the Firehouse forums, Steve. I'm fairly new myself, but I have become a forum veteran in a short time. I'm sure our brothers across the pond share a lot of the same experiences and problems. The names of the Department/Brigade and the people may change, but it's still the same game.
    Take care and be safe....Lieutenant (or is it Leftenant?) Gonzo

craig7404
    Firehouse.com Guest

Welcome Steve from the UK. It will be great to hear you ideas on the different topics here in the forums. The more ideas the better because what works for one person may not work for the next person. And yes lets all pray that no more tragedies happen like the on the past week.

------------------
    Good Luck
    Captain
    Craig Lambert

nsfirechap
    Firehouse.com Guest

Steve,

OY MATE... Welcome to the forums. HAd the priveldge of spending 3 awesome years in your country while a military firefighter at RAF Upper Heyford from 77-81. Visited the Fire Service College at Moreton On The Marsh many times. Was very impressed. HAd a lot to learn from y'all. You guys were using PASS devices and accountability systems long before we did. Look forward to hearing more from you and again, welcome.
    I'm retired from the Sir Force now and serve with the North Star VFD in North Pole, Alaska.
    Jeff

howard barraclough jr
    Firehouse.com Guest

hi steve, i am also new to the forum but am getting hooked real quick.it is nice to hear from people from all around the globe.we all do it pretty much the same way i guess wet stuff on the hot stuff ha ha.look foward to hear from you again

------------------
    Howard E Barraclough JR

pfd104
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

Hi Steve

I was born and raised in Southampton, UK. After serving in the Royal Navy I moved over here.

I am a full time fire protection/prevention technician and a work part time on call with my local FD.

Mark
    Pelham, Canada.

Thread Information