Brian Pratt
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post Career FF's who also volunteer

I am a career firefighter who also volunteers in my home town. (Not the city I work in). I get hasseled a lot from my career "brothers" and in some cases I am down-right hated. Am I alone in this problem? Does anyone have any advice?

Brian Pratt

Scott Clark
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

Your not alone brother. I face that everyday myself. I hear the comments but don't listen to them. I have to remind myself why I volunteer, I volunteer to protect my family and friends. I volunteer to make my community a little safer. I volunteer because maybe God wants me to. I volunteer because it is the right thing to do! This can be a cruel and unforgivening service we work in, but in the moment of truth, it can be one of the most fulfilling. If your making a difference in your home community, then it is none of your career brother's concern. Keep doing what your doing and remember the focus of it all,......"LIFES PRESERVATION".

------------------
    If we stand united.... We will never fall.

Pat Cull
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs down

You obviously just don't get it. Apparently the people you "work" with are a little passive. I don't know of many places that would allow you to do that. You don't actually do this and belong to a union do you?

Pat Cull
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

I guess Scott doesn't get it either. I don't
    have anything against Jesus, but I don't see him making deposits in my check book

Thread Information