Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Fireman's Daughter
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up a word of thanks to all firefighters everywhre

Firefighters, I Thank You

To all those who serve,
    I thank you.

Sparing yourself for the sake of a stranger, and placing your body in the way of danger.

All you need to hear is the sounding alarm, and you just do your job, not pausing for the harm.

Your most important objective: to save those in need - to all firefighters, you are most selfless indeed.

But, so sadly, there are those brothers who have fallen, yet you never cease, but rather have a stronger calling.

You all have such a courageuos desire, built by a passion and strength that will never let you tire.

There is a job to be done, no matter where or when, and there is great comfort, knowing you will be there then.

So, once again,
    To all who serve - and to their families -
    I thank you.

craig7404
    Firehouse.com Guest

You are welcome and Thank you for the nice post.

------------------
    Good Luck
    Captain
    Craig Lambert

kfdffrab
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

You're welcome. I do this job because I love it. Both my parents were vol FF's My mothers father and my fathers father all vol FF's. My blood is fire engine red.

Dude
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thank you for you thoughts. It was very kind of you to share them with us.

Those are all the thanks and reward that all firefighters need or want..It is what keeps us going at three in the morning during a house fire or at four in the afternoon on a blazing hot day on the fireline during an extended bushfire.

Dean C. Olsen
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

You are welcome! But it is I that should be thanking you for your generous words of the kind thoughts.

I have been a firefighter for more than 16 years, following in my fathers foot steps. I joined the ranks of my local Volunteer fire depatment in November of 1983, nine years after my father. Since that time I have glimbed to the ranks of Captain and I am the training officer for new recruit firefighters. My father is the Chief, and has been paid in that position for the past 10 years, he was the first member of our department to be paid full time.

As a member of the fire department it is not my self that has to make a sacrafice, but it is my family that gives and gives. They are the ones that get left to wait as I respond to calls, all hours of the day and night. As for my self, the sacrifice is only the time of sleep.

As a volunteer firefighter the job is not realy ajob, it is more a way of life!

Once again THANK YOU!

------------------
    Captain Dean C. Olsen

Friendly_fireman
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thanks for the kind words, It really makes us proud of the work we do when someone gives us a pat on the back or just says Thank-you. Then there are times like Wednesday nite when we lost 2 older people in a house fire at about 1:30 am and then we had another fire around 6:am and lost a young guy in it. It's times like these that make you wander if only I could have done more.

Captain Hickman
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

You being a firefighters daughter and having two of my own, one of the biggest Thank Yous which you could give to any firefighter is a Hug for you dad. You know what it is to be a firefighters daughter and I'm sure that your dad may need a reminder once in a while to be reminded what he means to you.
    Thank you for your thoughts.

Captain Greg Hickman
    Neosho Fire
    Neosho, Missouri

nsfirechap
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thank you so much for your kind words. While many of us may do acts that are heroic, I think very few think of ourselves as heroes. We do a job we love to do; one that we are "Called" to do. doesnt matter if it's 90 above or 60 below we will be there because we truly do care about others.
    I spent 20 years in the Air Force as a firefighter and now serve as a fire department Chaplain. My Grandfather was a firefighter in Bayonne, NJ for almost 30 years so I guess you could say it runs in the family.
    Thank you again for your kind, caring words. Give our best to your Dad-he's really lucky to have you as His daughter.

Blessings to all for a happy "SAFE" 2000.

Chaplain Jeff Turkel
    North Star VFD
    North Pole, Alaska

Sleddawg3
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Very kind words, I have a 5 year old daughter and 2 year old son, they like you are the ones that need to be thanked. Just like you, probably when you were young, my kids wake up for each alarm, 2 year old yelling "Fire call-Fire Call" and some times when I come home (Even in the weeee hours of the morning) will be my 5 year old daughter standing in the doorway waiting to tell me that she is glad her Daddy is a Firefighter and glad that I am home safe! God Bless you and your family!

Thomas A. Richmond
    Firefighter/EMT-Paramedic
    Richboro, PA

Captain Matt Miller
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

It is words like that, that kep us going. If it was not for people like you everyone would look to us as being lazy because they see us during the day out training and not really doing a lot. But what they do not see is at 3AM when the house a mile away from them is on fire and we ave to rescue someone from that house. Hearing a simple Thank You goes a long way!!So Thank You!!

Captain Matt Miller
    Brooklyn Fire Protection District
    Engine Co.551

Mark B
    Firehouse.com Guest

You know all those long hours and missed family dinners are worth it to save someones most presious items in there life or responing to a medical in which what I do can means the life of another is always worth it.
    So thankyou for what you said because it does mean so much to us to know that people realy care.

------------------

Fyrball105
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Just wanted to say thank you, for the words. Makes it so much easier to get out of that warm bed in Jan. when someone just says thank you, I often wondered why my father seemed to never eat or sleep, now I know he was just out puting his life on the line for this comminity

Tx_FireFighter_417
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

Darlin
    Thank you. Being a Volanteer Firefighter i know that sometimes the only pat on the back we get is form each other. I have a 5 yr old little girl myself and it makes me proud to hear a lady such as yourself talk about their Dad as you do. You know the sacrifices we give including our families too. Thank you for the pat on the back it makes that 3am call a little easier to make.
    Eric
    nindy <---that was my little girl in my lap.. she says thank you too..

pwduffy
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thank you, your poem has touched the heart of all of us deeply,the reward of you letting us share your thoughts is an honor.

------------------
    P.W. Duffy
    Captain, Fire Prevention
    Fire Emergency Services
    Ft. Bragg

joed
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

A Big thumbs up to all of you. I know that the first person who posted that wonderful poem said it all. There's nothing much anyone can add. But I did want to add my thanks anyways...as someone who has never experienced a fire, thank god, doesn't know any firefighters, but is so grateful that there are brave folks like you out there ready to put your life on the line every day for the benefit of those around you.

I do believe you will get back paid back in kind for your good deeds.

God Bless You all!

[This message has been edited by joed (edited April 03, 2000).]

21TFD
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Thank you for your kind thoughts.

Commish
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

Thank you for your kind words. I will pass this along to my brother & sister firefighters.

Iceman
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

Fireman's Daughter, thanks for the poem as we all know it is the family's that give up the most for us to be FireFighters. But it is always very nice to have someone say "Thanks for a job well done".

FireBabe
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Thanks Fireman's Daughter.

It's for the very sentiments you spoke of that I began the quest to start a world wide day to promote what firefighters do and to thank both the current (and past) fireys out there from ALL areas.

Please read the proposal at http://www.Geocities.com/Rainforest/...132/letter.htm which first promoted this concept 12 months ago. The feedback has been terrific but still needs more people like you to spread the word.

Take care and stay safe

JJ

------------------
    Lt JJ Edmondson,
    Clyde-Cardinia Fire Brigade,
    Victoria, Australia

Penrose Andrews
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Your welcome and thank you for your kind words. Myself being a vol. fire fighter the kind words and the pats on the back are the pay that we get. Its more like a way of life than a job.

fire fighter: Andrews
    Penrose Vol. Fire and Rescue
    Penrose CO.

Penrose Andrews
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Your welcome and thank you for your kind words. Myself being a vol. fire fighter the kind words and the pats on the back are the pay that we get. Its more like a way of life than a job.

fire fighter: Andrews
    Penrose Vol. Fire and Rescue
    Penrose CO.

Fireman's Daughter
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

Just a note to let you all know that I am reading your posts and that I am so very touched that you all appreciate this as much as you do. Please, keep on doing what you are doing, and the praise will keep on coming! God Bless you all!!

rescue3
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

you are welcome. and thank you so very much for your kind and generous words. thank yous like yours are what make all the difference in the world after a bad call, they are what keep us going when it gets rough. stay safe!

------------------
    rescue3
    "You go...we go"
    -Backdraft

Fireman Ry
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Not too often do we get a thank you like that. Thank you for doing that. It made me happy to know that someone appreciates what we do. Too often are our services taken advantage of. Thank you.

------------------
    Ryan B.

likithot
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thank you very much! A really nice poem.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information