Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    SFFD Watchdog
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

Does anyone know of a website that specializes in treatment or support of firefighters that are suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder? I would appreciate any help in locating a website that focuses on the fire service. Many visitors to my website have asked for such a site and I would like to post a link on my site. Thanks and keep the faith.

------------------
    www.sffdwatchdog.com

nsfirechap
    Firehouse.com Guest

I have yet to find anything on the web strictly dealing with PTSD and the fire helpful info out there. I've got some links on my web page that might help: www.alaska.net/nsfsa/CHAP.HTM
    Please let me know if you find anything fire service specific-It would help me alot.
    There is a lot of good print material out there-have you seen any of the books by Dr. Jeff Mitchell of the International Critical Incident Stress Foundation?
    Drop me a line if I can be of any help. Look forward to checking out your web page.
    Chaplain Jeff Turkel
    North Star VFD
    North Pole, Alaska

Firekatz04
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

One of the places you might want to visit here at Firehouse.com is a forum titled "CHAPLAIN/CRITICAL STRESS". You can post your question there as well.

Hugh
    Firehouse.com Guest

You can contact ON-Site Accademy. They are located in Gardner Mass. They are a non profit group that only deals with public safety (fire/ems and police) people with PTSD. You can call them and get info. Its a great program.

Thread Information