Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Thread: New Member

RESQ LOU
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking New Member

Hello; My name is Gary. I have 5 years in the fire service and a new promotion to Lt. I will be looking for a lot of information in the relm of Squad work and words of wisdom for a new officer.

FitzBFDT2
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hi Gary. I am a new member here also. A lot of info passes across these lines. I have been checking out the different forums and finally decided , what the heck, I will sign up. Well got to go, my 1 year old needs to eat lunch. Will be back.

------------------
    Kevin M. Fitzhenry
    Firefighter, Truck Co. 2
    City of Bayonne (NJ) FD
    www.bayonne.net/bfd/

FFE3BFD
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hey Gary, Welcome aboard. Lots of good info to be found here. We'll hear from you soon.

Fitz, it's about time!

------------------
    ~Smooth Bore For The Hard Core~

Lt.Todd
    Firehouse.com Guest

Welcome on board , I'am also a new forum member, and have already recived alot of information . I work for Atlanta fire (Ga)and have been a Lt. for just over two years.The best advise I have : DONT FORGET WHERE YOU CAME FROM , BEFORE YOU RECIVED THAT FIRST BAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Have fun and if I can ever be of any help to you , dont hesitate to call on me.

Proud member of local 134!!!!
    Lt. Todd Edwards Atl,Ga.
    Co.10 THE ANIMAL HOUSE.

craig7404
    Firehouse.com Guest

Welcome Gary from a 22 year vet and a captain in Northeast Texas. Like Todd said never forget why you started or where you came from because at one time you were the ff
    and had to listen to the Lt. Never stop learning and be open with your men and women and you will do fine.

------------------
    Good Luck And Be Safe
    Captain
    Craig Lambert

FitzBFDT2
    Firehouse.com Guest

Lt. Todd,

Hi, how are you doing? Met a couple Atlanta FD brothers at FDIC 1999. Got to know Tom Towhey from Squad 4. Talked to him right after the crane rescue last year but haven't heard from him since. Was just wondering.

------------------
    Kevin M. Fitzhenry, bfdt2@injersey.com
    Firefighter, Truck Co. 2
    City of Bayonne (NJ) FD
    www.bayonne.net/bfd/

Batt #2
    Firehouse.com Guest

Greeting Gary from your Asst. Chief on the Westside of town.

Don't be saying bad things about me.

HaHaHa

Seeya

------------------

RESQ LOU
    Firehouse.com Guest

I could not aggree with all of you more. I am really trying to remember my roots because I believe that is how I got to where I am today. I hope that my efforts as a FF will help win the respect of my companys but what about the officers that I have joined. Will I have to prove myself to them just as I have proven myself to my fellow grunts.

[This message has been edited by RESQ LOU (edited January 10, 2000).]

Thread Information