Administrator

Post Firehouse.Com - The First Year - Share Your Thoughts

Hello Forum Members

Thanks for being part of the Firehouse.Com Community. We're working on many plans for the upcoming year and would like to hear from our users on how the site impacted them in the last year, how often they're on and what they like/dislike and what they'd like to see added.

Share your thoughts in the forums or via e-mail to WebTeam@Firehouse.Com

Please include at least your first name, rank and department!

Thanks and have a great New Year!
    Firehouse.Com WebTeam

morriss
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

I give this site a thumbs up! It has provided me valuable reference material and a forum to have my questions answered. I visit an average of 4-5 times per week just to keep up with the news, events, etc.

I think the coverage of the LODD has been tremendous. Previously, a comprehensive list was only available through the NFPA about mid year for the past year. This site allows us to keep up with events daily.

I would like to see news item updated on the weekends in addition to the week days.

Stewart Morris
    Lieutenant - Orange Volunteer Fire Comapny #23

Administrator

I just visited your website for the first time and feel I must tell you
    what a wonderfully laid out site it is. It's easy to navigate without
    becoming trapped with no way out and there is an easy flow from story to
    story. My heart goes out to the many people who have the misfortune to be
    your subjects. My nephew is a fireman in Corona, AZ and I received the
    website link from his father. I realize every day what hazards he faces,
    and must say how proud I am of him, along with the many like him who are
    unknown to me but still have my admiration and thanks for all they do.

Evvie
    Middletown, MD

Aff
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

The site has quickly become a valuable source of news and information relating to the fire and EMS communitees. The coverage of Worchester ws particularly well done.
    The forums are a wealth knowledge and lively debate of all aspects concerning this service.
    Keep up the good work.

Mark Affolter
    Fire Fighter/EMT (grunt)
    Oakdale(MN) Fire

mfgentili
    Firehouse.com Guest

I went online in May 1999 and this site was one of the first ones I ever visited. I typed in the URL from the bottom of the cover of FH magazine and have been hooked ever since. It is great to be able to get up to the minute news of events happening in the fire service from throughout the world. It is also THE BEST place to meet and communicate with other firefighters as we share each other's thoughts, ideas, feelings emotions, etc. Though we don't and won't always agree on everything each other says or their methods of doing things, we can always learn something new here. I can't tell you the number of times I have said to someone at the station, "I got that from Firehouse.com." As Mark Affolter mentioned, the coverage of the tragedy in Worcester was outstanding. It was actually here on this site that I first saw and began to follow the news of that terrible event that would consume me and so many others for the next week. I'm sure that the upcoming year will be even better as more and more firefighters become part of the forum family. Thanks for a great first year Firehouse.com. You have given me countless hours of enjoyment here.

Mike Gentili
    Captain, New Bedford, MA Fire Dept.

mfrd81
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Ever since I signed on to Firehouse.com your web site has been nothing but positive. I visit 3-5 times a week. I think the message forums is very interesting with the different people asking for advice on so many subjects. There are plenty of subjects to choose from, no matter if you are a ff,lt,capt,a/c,chief,paid,volunteer,career or just starting out "ON THE JOB".The year 2000 should be even better than 1999. Thank You

FF Paul L. Tkaczuk Jr.
    Massport Fire/Rescue
    Logan International Airport

craig7404
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

The best fire news and information site on the internet. The forums are a great place to meet other firefighters and to give or give advice and read what others are doing in the world of fire. I visit the sight almost everyday. The news coverage that firehouse gives is the best in the business and the updates are great.It is a good place to relax after a hard day at the office.
    Craig Lambert
    Captain
    Harmony Volunteer Fire Department

e33
    Firehouse.com Guest

Nothing but praise here from me. If I want to know whats happing in the fire service, this is where I come. I have made some great connections and gotten some valuable information which I would have never come across had I not been a visitor here. Webteam, great job with relations and answering user needs as well as continuously updating the pages and format. Its nice to know we have a voice here as users. Keep up the good work. Also there are some great people on the forums who share some wonderful and valuable information, thanks for sharing.

Mike G.
    FF / EMT-D / Rescue Tech.
    Flemington, NJ

------------------
    The opinions and views expressed herin are solely mine and not on the behalf of any department or organization I belong to.

TeeJay
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

This site is superb. I visit at least 5 times a week, often more than that. This is the only place to get this much information relating to firefighting. I 'surfed' the sight for nearly a year before registering as a forum user; I did so mainly due to the Worcester tragedy. Even though I'm not too far from Boston, the coverage here was better than what the local media provided. When the Keokuk tragedy occurred, it was barely a media blip here- the only source for in-depth information available to me was here. The forums provide us with a way to meet and exchange ideas and information that we otherwise just wouldn't have. Chief Hank's LODD register is the only source I have ever come across for that information. I plan to spend even more time in 2000 in this site- keep up the good work!

Tom Jarvis
    Firefighter
    Brookline, NH

Danny Beebe
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thanks for making a small rural vol. dept as knowledgable as any in the world. As a full time chief in a otherwise totally volunteer dept the first thing I do when I get to the office is chek this site . We now feel the we are part of a world wide brotherhood of firefighters. Thanks for a great year and looking forward to many more. STAY SAFE!

------------------

Fire Hunter 2
    Firehouse.com Guest

I often surf your site in search of news on the many firefighters across the state and country. Near the close of 1999 we suffered many losses in our profession and Firehouse had very extensive coverage on these unfortunate circumstances. This is a great tribute to these fallen hero's. This is where I applaud your site the most. I have read most every tribute on our fallen firefighters since signing on about a year and half ago. Each tragedy is covered with the most detailed information in honor of these hero's. I do read many other forums and training info; (which I get great benefit from)however,your focus seems to be on the indivduals and that is what I like most about Firehouse.com. Just keep up the good work and the site can only improve. Thanks for the memories.

E.Hunter
    Fire/Engineer
    Wilson Fire/Rescue

RyWfd
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Yea Yea! Way to go! Checked you out first after the Yahoo Mags Recomendation! They Hooked me up with a link, I booked it, and Ive been here ever since. Its great to be able to get the ins and outs of what effects us daily, as well as opinions that others have... being able to swap ideas, info, and lend some others a hand is great.
    I take info back to my station all the time and let the others know "whos who" and what there all about, headlines, as well as the things that may affect us in the future.
    Your Laying a Line! (Your Big!)Thanks and keep it coming!
    Ry
    Firefighter/Emt

EXJAKE
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Leave it up to Firehouse Magazine to fill the gap! I'm a relatively newbie to the net and I've found a lot of information on a lot of different sites but only this one really feels like home!
    I especially like the humor,kidding, and teasing, because it is the way most of us deal with an otherwise very serious job.
    The coverage of the tragedy in Worcester,Ma. was especially well done and Firehouse. com was a central source of information that I personally recomended to people outside of the U.S.A who said they were only getting headlines.
    I also like the search feature for forums because as word gets out that there is a place where "fireys" from all over the globe can communicate with others in the same line work, You are going to be kept very busy!!
    BTW where is Dennis Smith these days?
    Thank you for bringing us all together.

------------------
    EXJAKE

Ledbelly
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

All involved have done a Fantastic Job! From the WebTeam... to everyone that has posted/responded to the forums. I have gained an immense amount of new ideas and perspectives about the job. I can't add much but a "ditto" to the all the other replies that the news coverage, brotherhood, subjects, ideas, information, varied perspectives... ease of use, etc. are all without compare. One of the more intangible benefits for me personally has been a renewed motivation because of my involvement in the forums and all I have gathered from them. I try to check the forums at least 3-5 times a week, as my schedule allows. [Unfortunately, our firehouses don't have web access yet... but this site is one of the more powerful arguments I can think of to push for it]

Thanks to the WebTeam for the work and providing another great tool.

Lee
    Capt/medic
    Midland Fire Dept.

Truck30
    Firehouse.com Guest

Daily visitor to the site, Informative, topical and useful. I have found several postings and e-mails that have helped out.

Administrator

This is a fantastic board I visit it just about everyday just to get updates on what is going on outside of our area. I love the updates in the news article. I was told about your board the day after the disaster in Mass. Not being able to go to help it was nice to have the timely updates. I am still learning everything this board has to offer and what I am doing. All I can say is keep up the great work and thank you very much

Les Hartford Captain
    London-Maybee-Raisinville VFD

Cap'n L
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Thanks for a great web site. I stop by 1~2 times a week, the news updates are great, but they can't beat the forums. It's nice to be able to learn from others all around the world, and to be able to add info to the forms that may help someone else out. Keep up the good work in 2000!

Larry
    Firefighter/EMT
    Salem Twp Fire

Captain Matt Miller
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

From what I have seen of this page I have to give it a thumbs up. I think that the coverage of fallen Firefighters was touching I hope that you will not have to write about anyone else in the new year!!

Captain Matt Miller
    Firefighter/Paramedic
    Brooklyn Fire Protection District
    Engine Co.551

firechief1101
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

This is the future, and Firehouse Mag. is on
    the cutting Edge. Support is a must in the
    fire service today. And what a better way than Cyberspace. I've been in the fire service about 17 years. Everything takes
    alittle time but you can see the progress.
    Our oldest member is 99yrs. Joined in '31.
    Now he has seen change! 68 years of being in the fire service. Equipment and service quality, has made a big impact,
    on the quality of life in many communities.
    People like yourselves, wanting to be in the lead helping the Fire Community. Awesome...
    Fair Play has been in the service since
    1841, from leather buckets to Steam to motor
    operated pumps. See you at fdic.
    MBJones Fairplayfire@hotmail.com

Kenmedic
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

Dear Web Team,
    I check Firehouse.com daily as part of my daily e-mail and web page check. I have found the information to be very informative and up to date. I would like to see a page dedicated more to EMS topics and one to the growing area of emergency management. Keep up the great work.

------------------
    Ken Lemanski, BA, NREMT-P

Dude
    Firehouse.com Guest

This is a fantastic forum. I find it very useful in the fact that the problems I thought were unique to me have been experienced by many other firefighters.

It's great to see a new perspective on various issues pertaining to volunteer firefighters plus I have made new friends via you meet and greet forum. Keep up the good work.

Dude
    Wagga Wagga,NSW Australia
    Rural Fire Service

Gutterdoc
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

I just joined and have aleady found some very informative information. Looks great and easy to navigate. Just wish I had more time to spend here.

Lieutenant Gonzo
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

I been a regular visitor to Firehouse.com ever since I "came out of the darkness" and got my Internet access in September 1999.

Everytime my wife and son come into our office/computer room, they find me here, They say that I woould be on this site 24/7 if I could!

The website gives us an opportunity to learn, the forums a chance to share new info, vent our frustrations and have a good laugh once in a while. This is the best fire related site on the web, keep up the good work!

Lieutenant/EMT-D Ron Ayotte
    Group 4, Engine 3
    Marlborough Fire Department
    Marlborough, Massachusetts

------------------
    Take care and be safe...Lt. Gonzo

[This message has been edited by Lieutenant Gonzo (edited January 28, 2000).]

Thread Information