Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    Annie
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink The Aussie girl writes again....

G'day all,
    Thanks to those who responded to my earlier message about my trip to the US and Canada in March. Can't wait to get there. Just in case you missed it, I'll be there for 4 weeks, and would love to to hear from anyone who might like to act as Tour Guide while I'm there. Could do with some contacts in LA, and Florida areas in particular, but anyone is welcome to let me know where they are, and if I'm heading your way, we'll catch up. The land down under survived the y2k, and what a fizzer it was here.
    Stay safe all, and email me anytime if you want to know about my land over here.

craig7404
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Hey Annie
    You did not say you would be visiting Texas but if you do let me know and my family would be glad to show you the countyside in Northeast Texas and our small, rural fire dept. Be careful in your travels around the States and Canada.

------------------
    Good Luck And Be Safe
    Captain
    Craig Lambert

S. Cook
    Firehouse.com Guest

She's got to come to Texas, no trip to the good old USA would be complete without it. Look us up in Granbury too, we're just south of Fort Worth about 35 miles.

Diane
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Washington, DC as well!! It's the best city on the east coast!! Lot of history!

Annie
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

G'day you a mad bunch, thanks for making me laugh. As for texas, I'll probably be down Houston way, but a little unsure about anything else. Will email you all and let you know. Cheers, stay safe, Annie

JAY FROM OHIO
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Well I can't compete with all these Texans or the National capital, I can give a taste of a small rural department (Alexandria). There are about as many cows as there are residents. If you're going to be near Ohio, I'll be happy to show around, that is if you don't mind cows Jay

Kenmedic
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

Annie,
    When you leave Florida and head towards Canada you are welcomed to top in Sumter SC. We are right off of Interstate 95, right in the heart of SC. You will be treated to some real southren hospitality. Have a good trip.

------------------
    Ken Lemanski, BA, NREMT-P

JOHN J. DELUCA
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

If you are going to the NorthEast and you would like to stop in Philadelphia, let me know.

Mark B
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Unless you like to ski or like the cold you wouldnot want to come up here it is only going to be about 10 below zero tonight . So have a nice and always safe trip to the North. There is many beautiful places not just Miky Mouse Land.

------------------
    Mark B F/F EMT
    UxFD Keep Safe May you have
    Fare Winds and Following Seas

Lt.Todd
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Hey Annie if you get to Atlanta let me know, I can let you ride with us and if you need any help about the Olympics let me know.
    Lt.Todd Edwards/AFD

------------------

Fyrball105
    Firehouse.com Guest

Arrow

Hey,
    If you happen to be in East Tennessee, You have to stop by and see Nascar's "World's fastest half mile." That would be Bristol, Tennessee's race track, I'd be glad to show you around the area, if you'll be coming though

Polarbear
    Firehouse.com Guest

I missed the original I guess about your trip...but I understand after reading some of the other replies that you may be going to Canada...well what a better area to cross into it than from the Thousand Islands Bridge in Alex Bay...a mere 25 miles to the north fromn our fire station. Send info on where and when you'll be through here and I'll try to get something back to you about the area and some sights to see.

Robert Schorr
    FF/EMT/HMT
    Northpole Fire Company (WAtertown NY USA)
    Town of Pamelia Fire Protection Area

Polarbear
    Firehouse.com Guest

Lightbulb

Ooops!!!! Forgot to give you the e-mail addy so you could contact for the info

polarbear@gisco.net

Hope to see ya on way through.

RTS
    Northpole Fire Co. Inc. (Watertown NY USA)

Bullbat9
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Since you'll be in the Houston area, check out Cy-Fair VFD in the NW area, out highway 290, if you have time. Just drop by Station 9. See our website for a map and more information - www.cyfairvfd.com

FIREEMT2509
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

WELL, IF YOU GET TO ILLINOIS, LOOK ME UP. IVE GOT ALOT OF GOOD FRIENDS ON AREA FIRE DEPT. IM IN THE FAR WEST SUBURBS OF CHICAGO.HOPE TO HEAR FROM YA!!!! my email is rissmansmoky1@aol.com

[This message has been edited by FIREEMT2509 (edited February 20, 2000).]

Firewoman
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Hello Annie. If you are planning to head to Canada, try to come on over to Nova Scotia. We will show you some great maritime hospitality. Then I can take you for a tour of the first Incorporated Fire Department in Canada. The Halifax Regional Fire and Emergency Service is bigger and Better than ever, with a mix of all career, career/volunteer, and all volunteer fire stations. Here is how you can reach me....
    sansteve@accesscable.net

Hope to hear from you soon
    Lt. Sandee Crooks
    HRFES, Nova Scotia, Canada

Captstanm
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

Hey.,....make sure you visit virginia

Thread Information