Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    Mike Cope
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile Just saying "Hello

First of all I would like to say how much I enjoy the Fire House Magazine. There is a lot of information that can be used by all.
    Being a firefighters was my dream as a kid growing up. I lived about a block from a fire station, and found it fascinating how big the truck were and knew then I wanted to be a firefighter.
    I've been a Griffith, Indiana firefighter for 14 years and currently hold the rank of captain of station 3. I am also the senior training officer for our department. I am in the process of establishing a Rapid Intervention Team concept and could use any information about training, and RIT procedures. I conduct training twice a month
    and FFI&II training twice a week, so I spend a lot of time at the station, either training new firefighters or routine duties as a Captain.
    Hope to hear from other firefighters out there soon

------------------

Colin Fraser
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Welcome Mike,

I'm sure you will love being in the forum as I have recently joined as well and already have made contact with several fellow fireys.

I live across the big pond in Scotland and if you want any info from our Brigade drop a line.

Til then take care and enjoy your time in the forum.

Colin Fraser
    Lt.

firefly1361
    Firehouse.com Guest

Howdy Mike,
    I'm new to the Forum myself. But from the little time I've here I love it. Its definitly the place to share stories, opinions and comments with our fellow Brothers and Sisters. Drop me a line sometime. Until then Stay Safe

Heather Helm
    Gamber and Community Fire CO
    Co.13

TeeJay
    Firehouse.com Guest

Welcome aboard, Mike. I'm sure you'll enjoy the site- it's a great place to meet and exchange info with others in the field. Look forward to your future posts. Stay safe..

Lt.Todd
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Hey Mike, welcome aboard. I have alot info on RIT teams and self rescue . Some of the things I do with my crew is first get back to basics; staying low,B/A training,knowing where in the building your located at all times. I do alot of drills on getting a downed firefighter out of building , upstairs, out of windows, down ladders. If you need specific drills let me know.
    Lt.Todd Edwards
    Atlanta Fire
    Co.10/B

Thread Information