dch419
    Firehouse.com Guest

Arrow New Guy from Ohio

I'm a Senior FF/PM with LeRoy Fire Department, which is 20 miles east of Cleveland, Ohio. We cover a large township out of one station with both part- and full-time firefighters. We provide ALS, rescue, and HazMat, as well a fire protection for a mostly residential communnity. We have 2 Engines, 2 ALS rescue squads, 1 Tanker, 1 Grass Unit, 1 utility truck, and 1 Chief/Command Unit.

benson911
    Firehouse.com Guest

Welcome from another Ohio FF. Barberton is a suburb of Akron - 30 miles S of Cleveland.

Go Tribe!

JAY FROM OHIO
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Welcome to a wonderful forum from another Ohio firefighter. I am a part-time firefighter on Alexandria-St.Albans Township Fire Department. We are a very small rural department about 35 minutes east of Columbus. If you've ever been to the Ohio Fire Academy, we're about 20 minutes from there. Take care and be safe. Jay

Lt.Todd
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hey its starting to look like a Ohio web site, welcome aboard from Atlanta , Ga. via Ohio. Your reall going to find alot of info here and meet fellow FF's from around the world.
    By the way , Go Steelers!!!!!

Lt.Todd Edwards/AFD

------------------

Boyman
    Firehouse.com Guest

Welcome from New Hampshire. Although we are a long ways apart the departments are simular. We are also a fairly small dept. with both paid and call personnel. We also do ALS with Paramedics, we run a total of 3500 calls a year.

cherryvale1
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Just a note to say HI to all of the Ohio FF's. I started in the fire service in 1968 in Hudson, Ohio but I am now with the Sumter County Fire Dept. Cherryvale Station 1.

We cover about 70 sq miles as first responce and about 260 sq miles as structure responce. Our county system sends 3 station to all structures so we do keep busy. Cherryvale 1 responds to between 350 - 400 call per year with 20 firefighters. We look for this to increase this year with some of the building going on.

Hope all you "yankees" (as I am called all the time) keep safe and "PUT THE WET STUFF ON THE RED STUFF"

craig7404
    Firehouse.com Guest

It look bad for a while but now the south is making a comeback in the welcome race. LOL But seriously welcome to the forums for a brother in Texas. Have fun.

pvfr fyrfyter
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

greetings from Nebraska. have to keep up the pressure from up north(ha ha). anyone who doesn't learn from these forums isn't paying enough attention.

Lieutenant Gonzo
    Firehouse.com Guest

Welcome to the forums and another post from chilly New England!!!

------------------
    Take care and be safe...Lt. Gonzo

MFDLtBock
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Hey Doug! See you at the BIG one!

Dave Grice
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Another Northeastern Ohio FF checking in to say hello. Gotta stick together (what's up with "go Steelers"?) (Browns will be up there in another couple years...) Anyway, how to go about hiring part-timers? I'm moving out to Lake County in a month or two and am looking for a new part-time dept. to work for. Do you have to move into LeRoy? I'm moving to Willoughby, is that still to far? Anyway, welcome to the forums and hope to hear from you sometime. Go Tribe!
    Dave

Thread Information