Thread: Greetings

Flameout
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking Greetings

I've just recently signed on to "FIREHOUSE.com" message forums after browsing through the many topics and reading many of the submitted items. as a 20 year plus member of my local volunteer fire department and a past Chief I've really enjoyed reading the perspectives and views of fellow firefighters from around the country. I've been writing a firefighting collumn for a local newspaper titled "FIREFIGHTER'S NEWS & VIEWS" for a little over three years now and will definatly be using the valuable info and insites found troughout this site. Here's a question and answer to ponder; What is the most valuable resource the volunteer fire service has to rely on?

pvfr fyrfyter
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

in answer to your question- #1 resourse is the people that are willing to put in there own time to slay the dragon. Never forget that the ten seconds to say thanks will be a balm to any hurt feelings when the canines meet the fanny.

Flameout
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

pvfr fyrfyter,

You are absolutly right! Without the dedicated men and women who put it on the line to VOLUNTEER we would be in serious trouble! 75% of all firefighters in the United States are Volunteers. Remember ALL firefighters are professionals. Some get paid, the rest VOLUNTEER!

Thread Information