Becca
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile A warm Hello from Mt Rainier

I am new to the forum and to the volunteer Fire Dept in our area. I joined the dept when my neighbor died. His wife performed CPR for at least 30 min and the ff bagged him for another 45 min. I live right next door and didnt even know this was going on until I heard the sirens and saw them stop right by my yard. We have a huge district mile wise and very few volunteers and felt we needed more in our neck of the woods.

Living in the mountains is beautiful but it comes with a price. Response time is longer and we need more ff to shorten the time. Plus, the people we call "flatlanders" or city folk if you must do not know how to drive and thus we are responding to them almost daily in the summer!

Proud to be a volunteer and loving it!

craig7404
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Hello and Welcome Becca to the forums. Your Dept. sounds like most rural depts. (mine included) in the U.S.A. The volunteer fire service is always needing more volunteers. Keep up the good work.

------------------
    Good Luck And Be Safe
    Captain
    Craig Lambert

Pete Swan
    Firehouse.com Guest

Welcome Becca. You sound proud to be a volunteer, and you should be. Keep up the good work and stay safe.

Thread Information