Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Thread: New member

npfirefighter
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post New member

Hello all new member here. I am in North Pole Alaska, I am in the US Air Force and i am volunteering for the North Pole Fire Dept. Like to chat and am always wanting to learn how to do the job.

Diane
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Wow, that is so cool! (No pun intended there!) Do you get a lot of fires?? How do you keep the hose from feezing?? How do you keep yourself from freezing?? We had a basement fire a couple of weekends ago right near the water, so we got that wind on top of the already frigid temperatures. Even with full gear on, I was cold!! And we had to roll the hose. We didn't use a lot, fortunately.

[This message has been edited by Diane (edited January 25, 2000).]

Polarbear
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Welcome from us here at the NORTHPOLE?!?!?!
    I saw the new member login of "np" so I thought it might have been one of my guys, but lo and behold....NP ALASKA!!! Hope you enjoy and learn from the forums.

------------------
    Robert T. Schorr FF/EMT/HMT
    Northpole Fire Co (Watertown,Jefferson Co, NY)

craig7404
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Hello and Welcome to the forums, a great place to meet and chat with other firefighters from around the world.

------------------
    Good Luck And Be Safe
    Captain
    Craig Lambert

Dave Grice
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hello and welcome!
    Hope you enjoy the sight. I am also curious how you guys operate up at the Pole. We've had three building fires this past week in the low teen's and I didn't know if I was gonna make it! I hate the cold, so you get my utmost respect for working up there! If you ever feel like talking, give me a hollar.
    Stay safe -
    Dave

fyrgeek
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Hello npfirefighter. My name is Dennis and I am also in the Air Force and i'm with the other fire dept, NORTH STAR VFD. I hope to here from you sonn and see you around Team Iceman.

------------------
    Dennis Kuritz
    Firefighter/EMT
    North Star VFD

Thread Information