Tom Phelps
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up Pierce Quantum Tiller Truck

Anybody have some positive recommendations on the Pierce Quantum Tiller Truck? Our department is in the researching stage at this point. Any information would be a great help

JF171
    Firehouse.com Guest

Tom, I had the opportunity to visit Pierce in WI when my dept was writing out the spec's for a new tiller. When I was at Pierce they had a Quantum tiller truck that was just finished for Beverly Hills Fire dept. This was a very nice truck and by far the one of the nicest trucks I have seen. Unfortunately my department went w/ another company to build the truck but the one I looked at and some other trucks they brought to our city to look at were very nice and well built.

smitheps
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hey, I have had a decent amount of experience with Pierce Arrows, Sabers, and Lances. I would advise checking out Segrave 100ft tillers, KME tillers, and Sutphen tillers and their new tiller/tower. These have all had great reviews and I have never heard of or even seen a Pierce tiller. One other thing, even though looks dont make a fire truck any more or less effective, the Quantum is probably the uglyist fire truck I have ever seen with the exception of those goofie Ward/LaFrance engines of the 70's.

Thread Information