Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    Capt551
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question Super PASS II by Grace Industries

I am looking at purchasing an "idiot-proof" Pass device for my company. The guys in my company forget/ignore the SOG that states we are to use these devices. With these devices there is a key that doubles as an accountability tag and activates the device. If anyone knows anything about these devices please let me know what you think. Any remarks will be helpful. See the device at www.graceindustries.com. Thaks for your help.

e33
    Firehouse.com Guest

A nice theory, but very obnoxious devices which are often ingored. My suggestion is to tag out with a regular PASS tag in the apparatus and activate the PASS key and tag only when entering a "zone" such as doing an interior attack. Thats how we use ours.

------------------
    The opinions and views expressed herin are solely mine and not on the behalf of any department or organization I belong to.

Capt551
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thanks for the input. Although I know there is no perfect answer I'd really like to try to get a better way of accounting and tracking my personell on the scene. It has been a long held thought that these devices are little more than an annoyance, but they have potential for good as well. E33, if you see this, what are your SOPS for using PASS devices? Are they issued to each firefighter? Do you use them all the time or just for interior attacks? Any more information would be appreciated! Or from anyone else for that matter!

e33
    Firehouse.com Guest

no real policy to speak of here. Generally the key is only removed when we go into a hazard zone, such as an interior attack. This way the devices arent continuously activating while we arent doing anything. Each firefighter is issued one when he gets his gear. Also we use the Clemens Industries PAS tag system, each guy has 2 tags with basic info, laminated and on the inside of that folded tag is vital medical and personal info in case of an injury or worse...just cut it open and unfold it and voila.

------------------
    The opinions and views expressed herin are solely mine and not on the behalf of any department or organization I belong to.

Thread Information