rescue14
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool Hello! Greetings from Edwards AFB, CA

Greetings to all...I'm currently in the United States Air Force, stationed at Edwards AFB in California. A bit about me...I started the fire service in 1990 as a volunteer in my hometown. I made the ranks of Rescue Lt. for the town and loved every minute of my day as a firefighter! I relized the tough and time consuming effort that it took to be a firefighter. It's not something for everyone...It's a special calling. I entered the AF in 96' and arranged for a job with the AF Crash/Fire/Rescue. I feel honored to serve my country, along with all that comes in being a firefighter. I have many certificates to qualify me for various jobs. I've been stationed at Spangdahlem AB, Germany...97'-99' and Edwards AFB, CA...99'-present. I've been on numerous deployments to include; Spain, Germany and Kuwait. My main goal is to one day become a State Fire Marshal. **If there is anyone out there that can help or provide me with info on this rank, please respond. I'm currently working with the Fire Prevention Branch on base, as a Fire Inspector. The job consists of fire inspections, enforcing fire codes, fire prevention topics and classes with our community and various other jobs gone unnoticed. Coming off the floor was hard, but a great decision to see the whole structure of the FD. It's obviously time well spent! Good Luck to all, Stay safe and God Bless
    Ryan

rescue3
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

welcome and good luck!

------------------
    rescue3
    "You go...we go"
    -Backdraft

nsfirechap
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Great to see participation from the Air Force. I retired from the Air Force in 97, served in departments in Galena, Alaska, RAF Upper Heyford, UK, Eglin,Eielson, Alaska, and King Salmon, AK, and was deployed to San Vito Italy. I know what you mean about coming off the floor-While at Eielson I work in prevention for three years-LOVED IT!!! Tried to put the shift guys out of business. Best to you.
    HAve a great safe day.

Jeff

Thread Information