Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    jayfire18
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking Hi everyone i am a volly and i am 19 yrs old

Hello,
    my name is john i am a volunteer firefighter for Perrysville vfc in ross twp it is in pittsburgh pa. Check out our company web site it cool hope you like it. www.pvfc.org well i am 19 and only had two good fires that i was in so far a appartment fire and a house full of gas from a crimal that went nuts and the swat teams had to get him out he died so we had to clear out the smoke. well hope to here back from any ya guys or girls. god bless and stay smart and safe

------------------
    jay

rescue3
    Firehouse.com Guest

hi! im a 18 year-old female volly in western mass. welcome to the forums!!! this is a great place to share ideas - and ask questions...you will learn a lot from others experience. stay safe and stay low.

------------------
    § rescue3 §
    "You go...we go"

Cartersville Fire Dept
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Good to here from you. You have a lot to learn in the fire service and I'm sure that the forums will help. I've been in the fire service for 8 years and am a captain on Cartersville Fire Department and am testing now for my Lieutenant on Nicholasville City both in Kentucky.Good luck to you and if you have any questions just let me know and I'll try to help.
    Shannon Causey

firefly1361
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

I'm a 22 year old female volly and like you I've only had a few fires. I live in a really small town in Maryland. Stay Safe.

Firefly

Les.H
    Firehouse.com Guest

Greetings and welcome onboard,

I am a 'wrinkly' at 46. Been in 22 years and they have been the best years of my life. Part of a team and a family.

Could say that I've seen it, done it and got the tee shirt.

The best fire I was on - Winsor Castle, part of the first 'make pumps ten'. Ended up with 32 engines, 3 ladders and even a rescue tender so we could cut into the roof. Still do talks on the subject even now. Memories.

Anyway, good luck in the future, keep you head down for a while. Listern, learn and think safety.

Chew the fat with you soon.
    Kindest regards & keep safe

Les (UK)

ENG86INE
    Firehouse.com Guest

Welcome to the site. I am a volly to, been in the fire service for 8 years now and I am a officer going on my 4th year.

good luck stay safe and stay low
    capt 86

------------------

colfireman
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Welcome there.I started out when i was 17.now 17yrs later i have made it to Lieut and recently switched over to career within my dept.So welcome and stay safe.

VWolfe21044
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Hello I am 19 years old and a Volly in Hope Mills North Carolina. I've been in the Fire service for a year now and a 4th Generation Firefighter. In the one year of experience I gained my State Certification for Level 2 Firefighter in North Carolina. The experience is great and I've fought a lot of fire, but the best fire was the first one I ever fought with my dad who is also a Firefighter at the same Department but he's full time. I'm also working on getting hired as a full time firefighter in the near by city while I go to college to get my BS Degree In Fire Science.

God Bless

------------------
    Vincent Wolfe

fyreguy0517
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Hi there, I also am a newby to the fire service. I'm 19 years old and i'm a reserve firefighter in Orange County California for almost a year now. I have loved every minute of it, even though the minutes have been few,(i'm at a very slooowww station). Just wanted to say hi to everyone.

Fireman Ry
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

Hey John. Welcome to the forums. I am a year older than you and I've been in the fire service for about 4 years. I have two words of advice for you. First, make sure you use your head. Second, watch what you discuss as far as department business and what happens at fires, it can come back and bite you in the butt.

------------------
    Ryan B.
    Stay Safe
    Warminster Fire Department
    Station 90
    Bucks County

kev2080
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Hey John welcome to the forums.Hope to chat with you later to another volly.I to am a volly for 12 yrs. Like all the others I started out young and have worked my way up in the dept. I am recently a 2nd Asst. Chief for a small dept. in Indiana and love every minute that I get to spend at the station.After reading your message just be careful not to get burned out to soon and keep your head on your shoulders at the scene. Good luck and hope to chat to you later.

God bless and stay safe

Chief03
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hey welcome,
    It's nice to see the new blood coming into the brother and sisterhood. I havent wrinkled up and blown away yet (36) but feel it sometimes. I really wish the tech. was like it is now, this site is great and probably could have learned things and saved a few body parts from pain.
    Stay safe and TRAIN,TRAIN,AND TRAIN

Jeff

Thread Information